Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

So what about the issue in the Public Nursing Homes, Meat Factorys?

Does Fine Gael own the meat factories now, too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

blanch152 wrote: »

Public Nursing Homes? Pick out half the question why dont you ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

In your rush to throw stones in glee at the political benefit of nursing home deaths,

This is when your defensiveness reaches sinister levels. Lie and lie and misrepresent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Public Nursing Homes? Pick out half the question why dont you ffs

Your going in circles.

Covid was in my office at work, should I blame FG?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Your going in circles.

Covid was in my office at work, should I blame FG?

They are doing a great job on the testing, 100,000 a week.

Leader out having cans with his buddies on a Sunday, imagine the uproar if that was Boris.

The Youth have had enough, as shown in last election.

Better get this Govt formation talks over, and pray it stays together longer than a few months cause one more election and thats it, The Shinners as you like to call them will be running the shop

• Advertisement

Ah so its ok that they were ignored for a month or so.

They wanted help in sourcing it, as per the letters

Hope none your family are in a nursing home or your not in one yourself in a few years.

Did they do anything other than writing letters? It’s a tragic situation, but blaming the government for a private businesses failings isn’t the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Can someone explain the background here please? Sounds strange.

I know the handsome gent in question.
    The moniker was picked like any other, for fun. The name had been in the press a lot as was Varadkar. That's were it ends.
    All criticism of Varadkar and FG was policy based, with reasoning given. FG supporters, rather than discuss the topics at hand tried in infer there was some nefarious connotation to the name, even though not one anti-gay comment was made or inferred. In fact Varadkar's sexuality has come up numerous times either relating to his stance on gay rights or the FG brethren using it to try score points in a political argument they'd rather dodge. Even though that name was no longer used for some months now, the FG brethren try to use Varadkar's sexuality to dodge awkward topics, much like they drag victims of the troubles in. It's not very classy IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

So there wasn’t someone posting using Varadkers partners name?

No, there was.

Bowie posted under the name 'Matt Barrett' for a few years, till he changed it.

It was all a bit odd tbh and he never cleared up why he picked that username of all usernames.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Bowie wrote: »
    The moniker was picked like any other, for fun.

Just for 'a laugh' so?

I don't believe you. At best, unconscious homophobia.

One of their private hospital bed vendors of choice Larry Goodman does.
    Fine Gael denies claim it asked Goodman for funds
    FINE Gael has denied that it authorised an approach to Mr Larry Goodman for a contribution to party funds last July, subsequent to a party decision that no funds would be solicited from Mrs Goodman or his companies...

He was aware two approaches had been made to Mr Goodman by the party for funds in 1994, and that while Mr Goodman had not ruled out donations, no donation had been made.

"Even if funds had been requested of Mr Goodman and even if he had donated money, to suggest, as seems to be the implication, that such a request or donation be linked in any way to a departmental decision is outrageous," Mr Miley said.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/fine-gael-denies-claim-it-asked-goodman-for-funds-1.33312

Screen-Shot-2013-01-25-at-10.50.24.jpg
    Beefing up his health empire: Goodman is state’s biggest private owner of hospitals
    https://www.businesspost.ie/business/beefing-up-his-health-empire-goodman-is-states-biggest-private-owner-of-hospitals-0967a1e0

Japers Blanch, 'mea Culpa' much?

• Advertisement

markodaly wrote: »
    No, there was.

Bowie posted under the name 'Matt Barrett' for a few years, till he changed it.

It was all a bit odd tbh and he never cleared up why he picked that username of all usernames.

I have a number of times. You prefer your knowingly false spin. Cite one homophobic comment by me?
    markodaly wrote: »
    Just for 'a laugh' so?

I don't believe you. At best, unconscious homophobia.

I'm not the one reading into it with a nasty obsession.
    Look back, it's only ever raised by the likes of yourself when a discussion isn't going your way. The same way victims are often used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I have a number of times. You prefer your knowingly false spin. Cite one homophobic comment by me?

I'm not the one reading into it with a nasty obsession.
    Look back, it's only ever raised by the likes of yourself when a discussion isn't going your way. The same way victims are often used.

Can I ask why you felt the need to change it?

Can I ask why you felt the need to change it?

I foolishly thought Varadkar was gone. I regret changing it so soon TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I foolishly thought Varadkar was gone. I regret changing it so soon TBH.

Now that is funny. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I thought Larry Goodman was a Fianna Fáil man from Charlie Haughey days

Mortelaro wrote: »

Seems he liked FF/FG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Seems he liked FF/FG.
    how so
    An article form 24 years ago in which he declined to fund FG :confused:

Jaysis,you are short on ideas today

They are doing a great job on the testing, 100,000 a week.

Leader out having cans with his buddies on a Sunday, imagine the uproar if that was Boris.

The Youth have had enough, as shown in last election.

Better get this Govt formation talks over, and pray it stays together longer than a few months cause one more election and thats it, The Shinners as you like to call them will be running the shop

Where is this 100k they need to test? you want to test people just for the sake of it now?

The statement is as bad as the one from PBP posting about the price of a jacket Leo wore once. Are people not allowed have a life?

I don't call anyone "Shinners". I think you also need to brush up on your maths. 20 odd % ain't going to run anything. Another election, Sinn Fein still will have zero other parties interested in forming a government with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Think Coveney's wife's a niece of Goodman, Coveney seems to be the liaison between big business and FG,

Goodman is a 'power' man. I would say it is the bottom line not political allegiance that is Larry's concern.

• Advertisement

how so
    An article form 24 years ago in which he declined to fund FG :confused:

Jaysis,you are short on ideas today

Not at all. One article to give some colour to a broader conversation. Not debating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Goodman is a 'power' man. I would say it is the bottom line not political allegiance that is Larry's concern.

There was a developer near where I live a few years ago, around here he was considered a big FGer, renting offices to the local TD, being seen at their events, he did most of his developing elsewhere wher he was considered a big FF supporter, offices to the local TD, seen at all the events, simply he aligned with whoever could fatten his pocket and I would think Goodman would be the same,
    must be getting on a bit now

Its Ireland, we are bloody tiny. If you are anyway successful at all of course your going to have a relationship with the local TD.

This tin hat stuff about X is married to Y is silly.

Sinn Fein cant get these accusations because no harm to the likes of Violet Anne but that last thing you would want is to have any sort of relationship with her, rich or poor.

Its Ireland, we are bloody tiny. If you are anyway successful at all of course your going to have a relationship with the local TD.

Sinn Fein cant get these accusations because no harm to the likes of Violet Anne but that last thing you would want is to have any sort of relationship with her, rich or poor.

The word on the street is that the deal with the Greens is more or less done, bitterness is certainly seeping into discussions.

Remember back to the night of the election, when there were numerous Sinn Fein posters on here (some revealing their colours for the first time) proclaiming their victory. What a fall from grace.

Now we will have five years of Violet Anne-Wynne on the opposition benches leading the questioning of the Taoiseach about vaccines and decentralisation.

Your rush for 'nothing to see here' with the 'tin foil hat' jeer ignores cronyism and bribery, all too traditional and commonplace and should never be ignored or dismissed. Nothing foolish about monitoring such relationships.

Jesus wept, now with the SF, again...
    What SF/PBP/SD/Lab does does not cancel out or excuse what FG are.

The word on the street is that the deal with the Greens is more or less done, bitterness is certainly seeping into discussions.

Remember back to the night of the election, when there were numerous Sinn Fein posters on here (some revealing their colours for the first time) proclaiming their victory. What a fall from grace.

Now we will have five years of Violet Anne-Wynne on the opposition benches leading the questioning of the Taoiseach about vaccines and decentralisation.

They still need more folk to sign up, if the Green leadership remains intact.

People, myself included were delighted, still am. Are you suggesting formerly pro FF/FG folk start talking up SF? I don't recall.

She'll have great company in Fine Gael’s John Paul Phelan and Finian McGrath.

What 'fall from grace'?

My view since the night of the election is that SF win whatever happens.

I see nothing happening to change that view.

What 'fall from grace'?

My view since the night of the election is that SF win whatever happens.

I see nothing happening to change that view.

What it shows is Mary Lou isn’t a leader

Sinn Fein “won “ the election according to Sinn Fein and its supporters and have ended up with nothing, even the few parties that would have joined with them have been dumped while Mary Lou was too busy running after FF and Fg, PR disaster

Maybe in the North the mud slinging works but you can start to see people in Rep have got sick of it every quickly. Yes you will have the few but in majority give it another few weeks and they will soon see what it is

If this was any other party, they would be sacking Mary Lou in morning, two elections now she has made a balls of, but Sinn Fein have who to take over?

Your rush for 'nothing to see here' with the 'tin foil hat' jeer ignores cronyism and bribery, all too traditional and commonplace and should never be ignored or dismissed. Nothing foolish about monitoring such relationships.

Jesus wept, now with the SF, again...
    What SF/PBP/SD/Lab does does not cancel out or excuse what FG are.

No matter how many times it is demonstrated on here that the facts show that Ireland is one of the least corrupt countries in the world as recorded by all of the NGOs who monitor this, we still get these type of conspiracy-theory like posts that somehow proclaim that Ireland is rife with this.

Ireland ranks 18th on this list, way ahead of countries like Greece, Cuba and Venezuela, all held up as exemplars by those who criticise Ireland.

https://www.transparency.org/en/cpi/2019/results/table

It is also a fact that there are more people who are defrauding social welfare, defrauding revenue, refusing to pay their local authority rent, etc than who are benefitting from cronyism and bribery.

Of course, don't let these facts interfere with the uninformed rants that make these boards so entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Quotations

Remember Count_Leo_the_v's golden words ladies and gents;

there's no such thing as free money here in Ireland...................unless you're a Fine Gael member who lost their seat months and months and months ago. You can still collect 10s of thousands of euro for being rejected by the electorate and pretty much a failure in life while FFG keep kicking the can down the sewer. Or own a private hospital. Or an empty hotel the back arse of nowhere. Either, or will do.

Leo'll dig deep into the tax revenue for you.

The €350 a week slush fund is ending.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement