Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Evidently Francie is one of the SF intellectuals who believes that desperately scarce PPE should have been diveted from front line workers in public hospitals to private nursing homes.

Curiously, I'm unable to find Louise O'Reilly's Press Release demanding that this immediately be done on the SF website. Perhaps Francie can assist?

They couldn’t send PPE, but they had no problem sending untested patients into nursing homes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Do they now

Many of their TD's do it seems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Evidently Francie is one of the SF intellectuals who believes that desperately scarce PPE should have been diveted from front line workers in public hospitals to private nursing homes.

Curiously, I'm unable to find Louise O'Reilly's Press Release demanding that this immediately be done on the SF website. Perhaps Francie can assist?

They couldn’t send any PPE. But they’d no problem sending untested patients back to nursing homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I answered several times
    What political parties do or say before an election can be different when they get the public's verdict
    It was ever thus
    They then interpret the public's verdict and act accordingly
    It's as clear as night follows day that the public voted for a majority of t.d's opposed to working with SF and against a left wing government
    Otherwise Mary Lou would be Taoiseach
    Same cannot be said for micheál or Leo
    Any savvy voter knew the possible options for those two and gave it to them

Self serving nonsense.

You think it is ok to be lied too and bend and twist what the electorate said any which way to validate that. The very definition of sleeveen nod and a wink politics. The kind of politics that FG lied about getting rid of way back in 2011.

SF got my vote because I want no more of it.

Fine Gael: cant believe Mary Lou says IRA were justified

Also Fine Gael: lets go and celebrate the Black and Tans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

My friend, I think you overestimate your ‘importance’ in the great scheme of things.

You just nailed FG's real problem on the head. When you ignore sections of society by making their lot worse, they tend to vote elsewhere.
    You're missing the point
    We are all stuck with mistakes because of our own choices, something to whinge about because of others choices, but the choices are made not by us in the final scenario, but by those we voted for.
    If SF get in to Govt, and it could happen this term yet, its likely that the FG/FF/Green talks will have broken down. Then if there is a Govt formed the most likely one will be a SF/FF led coalition.
    Another election will likely bring about the same kind of scenario we have now, so the plot will continue, to perhaps even a SF/FG coalition.
    A lot of people will have to eat some kind of humble pie when it happens.
    However as any Govt formed at any time will have been voted for by a majority of TD's, elected by a majority of voters, whether the majority of voters are happy with that choice or not.
    That's the political reality in Ireland currently.
    Is it the politicians fault or the voters?

Dismissive blather.
    Calling out issues with health, housing and government deals is criticism of issues that effect lives. It's only labelled whinging by Enda Kenny and his type because it's inconvenient for them.
    Again using what might happen with other parties to dismiss what FG are actually trying to do. Nothing wrong with FG wanting to partner up with FF, It's FG trying to claim some form of moral and ethical high ground that's laughable.
    I don't blame like wanting to sign up with like. FG should own it.

Bowie wrote: »
    You just nailed FG's real problem on the head. When you ignore sections of society by making their lot worse, they tend to vote elsewhere.

Dismissive blather.
    Calling out issues with health, housing and government deals is criticism of issues that effect lives. It's only labelled whinging by Enda Kenny and his type because it's inconvenient for them.
    Again using what might happen with other parties to dismiss what FG are actually trying to do. Nothing wrong with FG wanting to partner up with FF, It's FG trying to claim some form of moral and ethical high ground that's laughable.
    I don't blame like wanting to sign up with like. FG should own it.

It's like I was saying earlier...they are that long lying about who they are (both FF and FG) that they and their support don't notice anymore.

christy c wrote: »
    Really, do you not see any point scoring going on here against FG? If people want to discuss things, fine, but a few memories of this thread would suggest that it's not really about discussion, just whatever rubbish pops in to their head:

1. I already mentioned about someone saying Borris Johnson was making them look bad.

2. The addition of Dennis OBrien to the mix really set people jumping on their grassy knolls. One poster even saying that private hospitals being leased was because this virus also affects the rich.

I'm sure there are more examples if I were to look, but it's certainly not people without agendas wanting to discuss things.

I see criticism of FG, them being the government, and FG people trying to divert to talk about SF and northern Ireland or get down right nasty. Then many of us call this side show out and get called shinners. It's not genuine discussion, I'll give you that.

No grassy knoll with Mr. O'Brien. History and track record. When FG and himself get into a room the tax payer loses a fortune.

My agenda is wanting rid of FG/FF because of various reasons I raise. I'll call out their latest shenanigans and reference recent ones. That's not singing the Wolfe Tones. I gave Kenny a chance, I gave Varadkar a chance. I even gave Harris a chance, they disappointed. No more chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

I see criticism of FG, them being the government, and FG people trying to divert to talk about SF and northern Ireland or get down right nasty. Then many of us call this side show out and get called shinners. It's not genuine discussion, I'll give you that.

No grassy knoll with Mr. O'Brien. History and track record. When FG and himself get into a room the tax payer loses a fortune.

My agenda is wanting rid of FG/FF because of various reasons I raise. I'll call out their latest shenanigans and reference recent ones. That's not singing the Wolfe Tones.

Well if you dont see the point scoring here I cant help you, but just to give a recent example you see people commenting on Maria Bailey, and then silence on her buddy Violet Anne. FG people are guilty of that too by the way.

I just gave you a grassy knoll example with Dinny, someone saying that we are only renting the hospitals because the rich get sick. The post is there if you want to look for it.

I wont get in to your individual reasons as I am speaking more generally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

SF got my vote because I want no more of it.

I'd imagine, theres more than that reason for them getting your vote
    You're going to be disappointed by them if you stick to your tight lie standards I'm afraid

Anyhow Ciao for now
    Enjoy your weekend All ,see ye maybe on the other side :)

• Advertisement

I'd imagine, theres more than that reason for them getting your vote
    You're going to be disappointed by them if you stick to your tight lie standards I'm afraid

Anyhow Ciao for now
    Enjoy your weekend All ,see ye maybe on the other side :)

Fortuitous exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    But they said they wouldn't go in with FG too (and they also said they would go in with SF)

FG said they wouldn't go in with either. I'd be surprised if you didn't know this already considering the threads you post in tbh.

They're all liars. But it seems only the shinners line is the one that gets wheeled out.

They might all be liars, but it appears that you may be one too. Fianna Fail never said that they would go into coalition with Sinn Fein.

The best you can reference will be that Martin said he needed time to reflect. You read that as saying he would go into coalition with Sinn Fein, but that is a huge stretch, even by your standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It might be easier if Francie was to explain clearly how much better the Sinn Fein government in the North dealt with nursing homes......

https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2020/0529/1143358-north-figures/

.........Oh, oh well.

The thing is that this was a fast-moving situation, with huge unknowns, huge contsraints on resources, and the government did a pretty excellent job, considering.

blanch152 wrote: »
    It might be easier if Francie was to explain clearly how much better the Sinn Fein government in the North dealt with nursing homes......

.........Oh, oh well.

The thing is that this was a fast-moving situation, with huge unknowns, huge contsraints on resources, and the government did a pretty excellent job, considering.

Was somebody mentioning posters indulging in glee about differing death tolls.

I said already that if SF have questions to be asked of them, then they should be asked.

Pathetic that you are once again pointing anywhere but at the people responsible for the answers here.

.........Oh, oh well.

Its already been said answers are needed about that up North.
    Does not take from fact answers are needed here which have nothing to do with SF

Ask a question to any FG head and the reply is usually but but SF

• Registered Users Posts: 19,472 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Its already been said answers are needed about that up North.
    Does not take from fact answers are needed here which have nothing to do with SF

Ask a question to any FG head and the reply is usually but but SF

Think you have beat the guts out of that stuff now, my friend.

Just like Francie has battered the ‘lying’ angle to death.

That came from the bullhorn brigade, initially, would have though it was a bit above Mr B.

Knee must be at him, Parnell Sq seems to have ergonomic issues.

Mary -Lou must be mixing manure for the money tree after this mornings interview, the frikken income tax bill will balloon when she gets in.

No idea of costs for a load of the goodies she will disburse.

Fasten seat belts, turbulence ahead....:D

^^^ where was that interview with Mary Lou?

Think you have beat the guts out of that stuff now, my friend.

Just like Francie has battered the ‘lying’ angle to death.

That came from the bullhorn brigade, initially, would have though it was a bit above Mr B.

Knee must be at him, Parnell Sq seems to have ergonomic issues.

Mary -Lou must be mixing manure for the money tree after this mornings interview, the frikken income tax bill will balloon when she gets in.

No idea of costs for a load of the goodies she will disburse.

Fasten seat belts, turbulence ahead....:D

The censorship attempt comes again.

Well if you dont see the point scoring here I cant help you, but just to give a recent example you see people commenting on Maria Bailey, and then silence on her buddy Violet Anne. FG people are guilty of that too by the way.

I just gave you a grassy knoll example with Dinny, someone saying that we are only renting the hospitals because the rich get sick. The post is there if you want to look for it.

I wont get in to your individual reasons as I am speaking more generally.

Criticising failed government policy and ministerial gaffes is just that. Believe me if and when we see the back of FG you'll only see me mention them if any of the brethren chime in trying to re-write history.
    Peoples reactions for one over the other don't cancel each other out IMO.
    Violet Ann is a nobody with a dodgy past. I'm not that interested. She had the same views many other more senior politicians did on vaccines. Bringing her up time and again doesn't interest me. I got castigated for making light of Harris' Covid gaffe. Violet Ann has a thread.
    Maria Bailey was a big story IMO. It showed up the arrogance and hypocrisy rife in the FG party. A party in government who had only recently been looking down their nose at members of the public who sued. She's on the move again. I think many of us are still waiting on the other shoe to drop with that one.

I saw that one. I do believe the Covid number 19 crisis garnered so much attention because the world was watching and it effected everyone and rightly so. However FG are happy to put a limit on tackling our other traditional worsening crises. So I can see the point.

I'm just interested in discussing politics and government, specifically FG considering the thread and their current position. Very happy to talk on other parties and politicians in context.

They might all be liars, but it appears that you may be one too. Fianna Fail never said that they would go into coalition with Sinn Fein.

The best you can reference will be that Martin said he needed time to reflect. You read that as saying he would go into coalition with Sinn Fein, but that is a huge stretch, even by your standards.

Inferring a poster lied and then in then same comment showing at worst the person may have been mistaken. Stay classy.
    I'm of the opinion MM was happy to go in with SF but a majority of FF knocked it back. That's how it looked.

• Advertisement

Criticising failed government policy and ministerial gaffes is just that. Believe me if and when we see the back of FG you'll only see me mention them if any of the brethren chime in trying to re-write history.
    Peoples reactions for one over the other don't cancel each other out IMO.
    Violet Ann is a nobody with a dodgy past. I'm not that interested. She had the same views many other more senior politicians did on vaccines. Bringing her up time and again doesn't interest me. I got castigated for making light of Harris' Covid gaffe. Violet Ann has a thread.
    Maria Bailey was a big story IMO. It showed up the arrogance and hypocrisy rife in the FG party. A party in government who had only recently been looking down their nose at members of the public who sued. She's on the move again. I think many of us are still waiting on the other shoe to drop with that one.

I saw that one. I do believe the Covid number 19 crisis garnered so much attention because the world was watching and it effected everyone and rightly so. However FG are happy to put a limit on tackling our other traditional worsening crises. So I can see the point.

I'm just interested in discussing politics and government, specifically FG considering the thread and their current position. Very happy to talk on other parties and politicians in context.

My first point was that people come in here to score points against FG, do you agree or disagree? I'm not really interested in the Violet Anne/Maria Bailey thing, but if you take the approach that MB is symbolic of FG, you leave the door open to similar being said about Violet. But again, I'm not sure either should be a big story.

The suggestion was made that FG were renting hospitals because it affected the rich, how that could be seen as anything other than a conspiracy is beyond me. Particularly when the rich were likely to have health insurance so opening the private hospitals up to all would have been shooting the rich in the foot.

As I said, I am speaking generally and dont want to get in to your reasons for posting. But if you deny that people come here to score points you may need to re read.

Inferring a poster lied and then in then same comment showing at worst the person may have been mistaken. Stay classy.
    I'm of the opinion MM was happy to go in with SF but a majority of FF knocked it back. That's how it looked.

It's the selective denial of it by blanch that is hilarious. The world and it's mother, seasoned in the sleeveen politics of the power swap parties, knew full well that Martin had 'opened the door' to SF. You can see it in the election night thread as it was accepted by those on here and in the media.

My first point was that people come in here to score points against FG, do you agree or disagree? I'm not really interested in the Violet Anne/Maria Bailey thing, but if you take the approach that MB is symbolic of FG, you leave the door open to similar being said about Violet. But again, I'm not sure either should be a big story.

The suggestion was made that FG were renting hospitals because it affected the rich, how that could be seen as anything other than a conspiracy is beyond me. Particularly when the rich were likely to have health insurance so opening the private hospitals up to all would have been shooting the rich in the foot.

As I said, I am speaking generally and dont want to get in to your reasons for posting. But if you deny that people come here to score points you may need to re read.

In your context yes. Criticising FG can be seen as point scoring. But in what game? Why should every criticism be met with a SF reference? Can FG not defend their actions? Why assume everyone with a criticism is a SF'er? More material to throw up? SF are far from perfect. I'm familiar with their history as are many others yet myself and a majority of the electorate were willing to give them a vote over FG. That's a FG problem.
    A newly minted nobody in opposition with a tarnished past some of which can be comparable to government ministers, verses a FG born politician looking to make an erroneous claim when her party, in government, was looking down their nose blaming people making claims on insurance costs. One's a little more interesting to me is all. Not defending Violet Ann, not interested really.

I believe, at best, giving the benefit of the doubt, FG do business with O'Brien because they know him and are cool with getting fleeced by him, for reasons best known to themselves, because that's what seems to happen every time. That's not on Mr. O'Brien, that's on FG. Theories as to why these factual events happen time and again are to be expected and far from tin foil hat IMO.
    Sky's the limit for certain quarters, no magic wand/money tree for others. This is a fact with FG brand governing. People will read into that what they will.

Personally I have opinions on why people post but it doesn't stop me taking their comments on board. Their reasons aren't really relevant. Any full on rodeo clown coming in to distract about something way off topic is usually a commentator nobody takes too seriously or they get banned etc. anyway.

In your context yes. Criticising FG can be seen as point scoring. But in what game? Why should every criticism be met with a SF reference? Can FG not defend their actions? Why assume everyone with a criticism is a SF'er? More material to throw up? SF are far from perfect. I'm familiar with their history as are many others yet myself and a majority of the electorate were willing to give them a vote over FG. That's a FG problem.

I believe, at best, giving the benefit of the doubt, FG do business with O'Brien because they know him and are cool with getting fleeced by him, for reasons best known to themselves, because that's what seems to happen every time. That's not on Mr. O'Brien, that's on FG. Theories as to why these factual events happen time and again are to be expected and far from tin foil hat IMO.
    Sky's the limit for certain quarters, no magic wand/money tree for others. This is a fact with FG brand governing. People will read into that what they will.

Personally I have opinions on why people post but it doesn't stop me taking their comments on board. Their reasons aren't really relevant. Any full on rodeo clown coming in to distract about something way off topic is usually a commentator nobody takes too seriously or they get banned etc. anyway.

I dont know what context you are referring to, have you seen people point scoring here or not? Or is it only the FG posters that dont engage in valid discussion?

I've been over this with you before but I see little point in talking about how bad one party is when the other party promises to make things worse. Plus I am not a frequent poster so I certainly do meet every criticism with a SF reference.

On the Dinny thing, I was specifically talking about the example I gave. If you want to talk about other aspects I'm not interested today, it's a nice sunny evening.

Third time I think saying this but I am speaking generally and dont want to get in to your reasons for posting.

^^^ where was that interview with Mary Lou?

First up on Sarah McInerney this 29May.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

First up on Sarah McInerney this 29May.

Patrick Kenny had an interview on Tuesday with some lady from DCU about the Shinnerbot phenomena. Seems they’ve started analysing social media for the presence of ‘networks. They also had young Pearce on to chat about it. Worth a listen, B.

Patrick Kenny had an interview on Tuesday with some lady from DCU about the Shinnerbot phenomena. Seems they’ve started analysing social media for the presence of ‘networks. They also had young Pearce on to chat about it. Worth a listen, B.

Ta ta John, will dig it up.

I dont know what context you are referring to, have you seen people point scoring here or not? Or is it only the FG posters that dont engage in valid discussion?

I've been over this with you before but I see little point in talking about how bad one party is when the other party promises to make things worse. Plus I am not a frequent poster so I certainly do meet every criticism with a SF reference.

On the Dinny thing, I was specifically talking about the example I gave. If you want to talk about other aspects I'm not interested today, it's a nice sunny evening.

Third time I think saying this but I am speaking generally and don't want to get in to your reasons for posting.

I don't think eople might be criticising FG to score points, no. I think anyone criticising them gives a reason, has a point. Same for anyone criticising SF. Where point scoring and diversion come into it is when we are talking on a topic specific to one or more parties and rather than debate it, folk will chime in with Bobby Sands or Eoin O'Duffy. That would be point scoring. In any case, it doesn't matter. It doesn't excuse bringing up Shergar, (or something as irrelevant) because Varadkar fupped up again, IMO.

I included the private beds, apologies if not clear. Every time FG deal with O'Brien the tax payer loses out. Why they repeat this, is open to concern and theory. I think it's cronyism, we don't know, but suspicion that it's in the least cronyism is warranted.

Yes I read you saying that each time. It's called a conversation. You don't set the rules on how I choose to respond.

Be interesting. Slow and behind the times IMO. Commonplace this many years on social media. Why concentrate on SF? How are FG involved?

• Advertisement

Be interesting. Sign of the social media times. Why concentrate on SF?

Im guessing the sfos

Which spawns all sorts of conspiracy theories,

but afaik used be a series of properly moderated private forums/type of social media......lads used get oxygen tickets off it,when i was in school

Iirc at least 1 person,went on to captain an all ireland winning team in croke park

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement