Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Lot of houses at those rents are what's known as SI houses, tenant provided the site

Yes, but the councils bought the sites for a nominal fee.
    Very few of those houses would have cost anything in the region of what we are talking today to provide.
    Govt policies haven't helped out much, in fact put pressure on themselves.
    If you have an adult living with his or her parents their welfare entitlements are means tested, they probably won't get the full payment, then if they decide to move out to an apt or small house say, they will get their rent subsidised and their full entitlements.
    Who thinks these things out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I think FF/FG/GP and the public would benefit from a removal of the current leadership. There's too much of a whiff of ego from MM/LV/ER. We need politicians not cartoon characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Bowie wrote: »
    I think FF/FG/GP and the public would benefit from a removal of the current leadership. There's too much of a whiff of ego from MM/LV/ER. We need politicians not cartoon characters.

Damn those elites in leadership positions.

Damn those elites in leadership positions.

Is that your view of MM? Odd.
    If we've to have another round of FG I'd rather it was with Coveney. Our politics may differ in some areas but he's more believable as a person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

efanton wrote: »

Hopefully!

As I see it, if the Greens get their way, then the members of FG (almost certainly) and of FF (quite possibly) are likely to vote against the agreed programme.

And if the Greens don't get their way, then their loonie left members are absolutely guaranteed to vote against it.

• Advertisement

And surely it's time for the Soc Dems to choose a leader too? I know that the two biddies like sharing the Leader's allowance, but it's time that they grew up.

And surely it's time for the Soc Dems to choose a leader too? I know that the two biddies like sharing the Leader's allowance, but it's time that they grew up.

Why are they 'two biddies'? What about them do you think is damaging to the SD's and who do you think would be better in their stead?

efanton wrote: »
    So why havent the governments over the last 20 years adjusted the rents?

I don't know? That's a question for the Govt in charge surely, not me.
    There is little doubt of the concern over the housing issue though, even FG TD's are accepting that.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/fine-gael-td-disappointed-at-governments-housing-failures-1002864.html

Not disagreeing with your point, but funny the three you picked and your reference to them as cartoon characters.
    I look at another party with an unmentioned leader and for some reason after reading your post Betty boop popped into my head, not sure why, not really a fair comparison, but she appeared in my subliminal window.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

How's the keep Sinn Fein out of government at all costs going?

• Advertisement

How's the keep Sinn Fein out of government at all costs going?

Good.
    How's the Sinn Fein must be in Govt campaign going?

Good.
    How's the Sinn Fein must be in Govt campaign going?

Going just as good as the FFG campaign to try get anybody into bed with them, even the Greens are taking the piss outta you.

Wonder when MM will say **** it and decide SF be handy to be have after all, poor Leo won't know what to do

Going just as good as the FFG campaign to try get anybody into bed with them, even the Greens are taking the piss outta you.

Lol, outta me?
    We are all being taken for a ride, I know it.
    You on the other hand are too, difference is you think it's only me or everyone else who isn't you, in the plural.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,472 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Wonder when MM will say **** it and decide SF be handy to be have after all, poor Leo won't know what to do

Get ready for another spell on the sidelines, my friend.

Get ready for another spell on the sidelines, my friend.

Havnt had a spell on the sidelines yet, so what are you making up lies about?

Its getting too ya isnt it. The Govt talks you thought were in the bag a few weeks ago are falling apart :D

Lol, outta me?
    We are all being taken for a ride, I know it.
    You on the other hand are too, difference is you think it's only me or everyone else who isn't you, in the plural.

No im with over 50% of the electorate who voted change. Plural or no plural

No im with over 50% of the electorate who voted change. Plural or no plural

So why aren't we getting it?
    I'd suggest it's because you're with the 25% who think that's over 50%?

So why aren't we getting it?
    I'd suggest it's because you're with the 25% who think that's over 50%?

Il make it simple for you.

The last Govt was FG and a few indepenents. What % of the vote did they receive?

What % of the vote did FF, SF, Greens etc receive?

More people voted against the current Govt than for them.

Its a fact, you cannot say its not

Why are they 'two biddies'? What about them do you think is damaging to the SD's and who do you think would be better in their stead?

Sorry pet, but my Boards.ie contract doesn't require me to do your thinking for you.

"Poor Leo" will know exactly what to do:- go into opposition!

Which, I suspect, is exactly what a significant majority of the 20% of the electorate that voted for FG want the party to do.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the FG members' response to the dogs' dinner document that they'll shortly be invited to vote on; always assuming that the Greens' uncritical love for the intifada doesn't bring an early end to the talks.

• Advertisement

Il make it simple for you.

The last Govt was FG and a few indepenents. What % of the vote did they receive?

What % of the vote did FF, SF, Greens etc receive?

More people voted against the current Govt than for them.

Its a fact, you cannot say its not

The last Govt was a minority Govt anyway, didn't have 50% support, go figure!

So more people voted against the Govt than did for it.

More people voted for FF and SF than FG. This is a fact, no matter what you say its a fact!

The people want change.

So more people voted against the Govt than did for it.

More people voted for FF and SF than FG. This is a fact, no matter what you say its a fact!

The people want change.
    OK but if you put FF/FG/Greens together ditto.
    What's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

But with what was essentially a duopoly a confidences and supply agreement was possible, even though it didn't work as well as both parties thought it would.

With three parties now vying for the vote its hard to see how any minority government could be formed in future.

Of course FF could implode as Labour have done if they dont do some serious house keeping and clear out their current front bench if a new general election is called. Then you would be back to a position where two parties (FG and SF) get the lions share of the vote. Hard to see either giving the other a C&S agreement though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

When are the Independents coming in for the bypasses, reopened garda stations and freebies?

When are the Independents coming in for the bypasses, reopened garda stations and freebies?

When SF get involved probably:)

OK but if you put FF/FG/Greens together ditto.
    What's your point?

My point is people voted for change. FG in Govt with FF is not change.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Is the point really lost on you that some people voted for change, others did not?
    If the people really voted for change, then MLMD would be Taoiseach right now with a left-wing coalition of sorts.

The very fact that she has not even tried to form such a coalition in the first place because as she admits, the numbers are not there, tells us all we need to know about this vote for 'change'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

why don't SF form a government then?

• Advertisement

Hubertj wrote: »
    why don't SF form a government then?

Because they haven't got enough seats! and no sensible non-SF politician - other than the sneaking regarders on the republican fringes of FF - would touch them with a bargepole!

Dancing with SF is a mug's game - just look at what they did to the SDLP north of the border.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement