Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Because they haven't got enough seats! and no sensible non-SF politician - other than the sneaking regarders on the republican fringes of FF - would touch them with a bargepole!

Dancing with SF is a mug's game - just look at what they did to the SDLP north of the border.

To be fair what happened to the SDLP was not SF's fault, more the DUP and Arlene Foster.

In her drive to stop any sort of sensible solution to the brexit problem between Ireland and the UK she persuaded other Unionist parties to not put forward candidates, so there would be a greater number of Brexit supporting MLA's. The nationalist parties, along with those opposed to brexit, had to respond in kind.
    The unfortunate consequence of that was the SDLP lost many of their seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Because they haven't got enough seats! and no sensible non-SF politician - other than the sneaking regarders on the republican fringes of FF - would touch them with a bargepole!

You can pretend that the moral high grounding about the Shinners is principle led...it isn't of course, it is all about power, and letting go of it.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fianna-f%C3%A1il-reaction-martin-opens-door-to-government-with-fg-or-sf-1.4167246

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/martin-opens-the-door-to-coalition-with-sinn-fein-38941313.html
    Dancing with SF is a mug's game - just look at what they did to the SDLP north of the border.

They need to seek forgiveness for representing the people better than another party now? :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

You can pretend that the moral high grounding about the Shinners is principle led...it isn't of course, it is all about power, and letting go of it.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fianna-f%C3%A1il-reaction-martin-opens-door-to-government-with-fg-or-sf-1.4167246

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/martin-opens-the-door-to-coalition-with-sinn-fein-38941313.html

They need to seek forgiveness for representing the people better than another party now? :):):)

He may not be all that intelligent, but I have to admire Sinn Féin's very own Duracell Bunny's stamina!

Where is our intrepid forensic team and our 'outraged' boardsie's this morning? :D

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/trio-fine-gael-tds-spotted-18347005

0_I200601_161326_556862oTextTRMRMMGLPICT000212615145o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,472 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Correct,Stack, only churns like Young Dev and other wasters would go near them.

Ruin the gaff so they would, have everyone working their asses off to keep their support base happy.

Nah mate, you got it spot on there.

Wardy 16 Jnr Minister for Foreign Affairs....:eek:

• Advertisement

He may not be all that intelligent, but I have to admire Sinn Féin's very own Duracell Bunny's stamina!

What about Jim O'Callaghan...is he 'not intelligent' enough?
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/martin-under-fire-as-ocallaghan-opens-the-door-to-sinn-fein-39027236.html

Give it up, claiming nobody will touch them with a barge pole is the usual nonsense. If it is politically expedient there won't be a problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Working with FG has worked wonders for parties over the years alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/martin-under-fire-as-ocallaghan-opens-the-door-to-sinn-fein-39027236.html

Give it up, claiming nobody will touch them with a barge pole is the usual nonsense. If it is politically expedient there won't be a problem.

As I keep saying, FF are great, they're just what every other party need right now.
    SF and them would be a good match
    As yous keep saying re FF FG, two cheeks of the same arse.
    It could be we have three cheeks now

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Working with FG has worked wonders for parties over the years alright
    The only party who have are Labour and what comes to them as a result of government participation is largely their own fault.

When it eventually happens you have my full permission to visit the graveyard where I'll be interred (it's in West Cork - near Skibb.) and scribble "I told ya so" on my headstone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Where is our intrepid forensic team and our 'outraged' boardsie's this morning? :D

Good looking women in fairness. Good spot.

When it eventually happens you have my full permission to visit the graveyard where I'll be interred (it's in West Cork - near Skibb.) and scribble "I told ya so" on my headstone.

Rather than coming up with ever more fanciful nonsense, would it not be handier to just say you were talking said 'nonsense' about bargepoles and that it will happen as soon as FG FF realise they aren't the chosen people anymore.
    Martin would be in there woth SF now with his party's blessing only that he realised he didnt have the seat numbers to demand the Taoiseach job.

Until FG change from Leo the populist the young will never vote for them.

Might have got away with it years ago, but with social media etc them days are over.

A clear example of it

2010. Leo's big Speech against Same Sex Parents
    2013. Referendum announced for 2015
    2015. Leo supports Marriage Referendum

Or is he just a nacissist who will blame everyone else for his own populist actions?

Rather than coming up with ever more fanciful nonsense, would it not be handier to just say you were talking said 'nonsense' about bargepoles and that it will happen as soon as FG FF realise they aren't the chosen people anymore.
    Martin would be in there woth SF now with his party's blessing only that he realised he didnt have the seat numbers to demand the Taoiseach job.

Think about it some more, Francie. In the same afternoon you could visit Béal na Bláth, Crossbarry, the site of the Kilmichael Ambush, the famine museum in Skibb before relieving yourself on my gravestone! Shure you'd be beside yourself with republican glee!

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Good looking women in fairness. Good spot.

The woman who stated the following about SF as soon as the election was over "‘It’s about their past and it’s about the glorification of their past. People have real concerns, irrespective of the popular vote that they got"

Same as all the others, But but but the IRA.

Most people dont care

2014 Leo declares himself Pro Life
    2016 Citizens Assembly meet for 1st time to consider 8th amendment
    Sept 2017 Pro Life in an interview
    Jan 2018 56% poll
    April 2018 Together for Yes

Such a liar

Think about it some more, Francie. In the same afternoon you could visit Béal na Bláth, Crossbarry, the site of the Kilmichael Ambush, the famine museum in Skibb before relieving yourself on my gravestone! Shure you'd be beside yourself with republican glee!

I like to see people in denial...but most of all I love to see FG and FF people in denial and especially when they have to fantasise because they cannot deny the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Telephoto lens compressing the appearence of distance, shtick.
    Pesudo journalism 101.

https://fstoppers.com/news/are-telephoto-lenses-creating-fake-news-people-ignoring-social-distancing-481758

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Not disagreeing with your point, but funny the three you picked and your reference to them as cartoon characters.
    I look at another party with an unmentioned leader and for some reason after reading your post Betty boop popped into my head, not sure why, not really a fair comparison, but she appeared in my subliminal window.

When you consider the thread, the parties in talks to form a government, not really, no. I was obviously speaking on the formation of the next government and how if it's those three, I'd prefer a change in leadership.
    If you can't manage to take that on board without reading some SF plot into it, that says more about you.
    Sorry pet, but my Boards.ie contract doesn't require me to do your thinking for you.

So it was an empty meaningless comment. Understood.

markodaly wrote: »
    Telephoto lens compressing the appearence of distance, shtick.
    Pesudo journalism 101.

https://fstoppers.com/news/are-telephoto-lenses-creating-fake-news-people-ignoring-social-distancing-481758

:):)

10 mt benches...who'd have thought? :):)

• Advertisement

To recap:
    Bowie wrote: »
    Look having voted for Enda in 2011 in the genuine belief FG were the best option suited to drag us back from the FF created brink.....
    I voted FG as best suited to look after things after FF's mess. And lo, FG bring FF to the table with a few sweet deals and a shiny new quango. I'd rather vote for Gino ffs.

I use to think, despite not agreeing with many of their policies, FG were best suited to take the reins in 2011. We needed sound financial guidance, even if it was too harsh for my liking. So bad was the lot of the Irish public.
    I bought into no more quangos, no more business as usual, an end to cronyism, change the way we do business etc. It was serious times that called for genuine leadership.

Today, even being very generous and even putting the year on year record breaking crises aside for a moment, Fine Gael are not capable of managing the tax payers affairs. They cannot strike the most straightforward of deals without losing the tax payer massive amounts of money be it on crony deals or taking their eye off the ball on the NCH.
    Private hospital deal 'poor value for money' - Irish Hospital Consultants Association
    The Irish Hospital Consultants Association has said that private hospital agreement, which is costing around €115m per month, represents very poor value for money from patient care and taxpayer perspectives.

In his opening statement to the Dáil Special Committee on Covid-19 Response, Martin Varley, Secretary General of the IHCA, said there has been a "very low" private hospital bed capacity occupancy at around one third on average.

Mr Varley said the private hospital contract is prohibiting the provision of urgent care required by patients with non-Covid illnesses.

He said this is leading to the accumulation on waiting lists of a large number of patients who require urgent care.

Mr Varley warned there is now the additional risk that these patients will deteriorate clinically and will increasingly evolve into emergency cases if they are not treated without delay.

He called for the contract with private hospitals to be brought to an end and the savings achieved utilised to put increased capacity in place for public hospitals.

Meanwhile, the Irish Medical Organisation CEO Susan Clyne has told the committee that it is untenable to continue with historic deficits in manpower and bed capacity in the context of increasing waiting lists.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0602/1144866-dail-covid-19-committee/

So another time when Fine Gael looking to the private market to solve a societal problem bit the tax payer in the arse.

So without fiscal conservatism and being any use at brokering contracts for the tax payer, what have FG got but bluster and blarney.
    Instead of insulting voters who drifted or ran away from FG, maybe FG should look at their reputation as it relates to their polling on election day.
    We deserve better and if we get another dose of FG I hope they at least get rid of the Hello magazine squad of Varadkar, Harris and Murphy.

Until FG change from Leo the populist the young will never vote for them.

Might have got away with it years ago, but with social media etc them days are over.

A clear example of it

2010. Leo's big Speech against Same Sex Parents
    2013. Referendum announced for 2015
    2015. Leo supports Marriage Referendum

Or is he just a nacissist who will blame everyone else for his own populist actions?

You are trying too hard dude, could be the heat, have a lie down, you are failing miserably.

I like to see people in denial...but most of all I love to see FG and FF people in denial and especially when they have to fantasise because they cannot deny the facts.

Same here F, love the wind swishing thru my lock up on the heathery hills watching my tankers haul many liters of the good stuff haul ass across the ‘bauder’

Another bundle of ‘tax free’ isteach mo phoca mar a deirtear, I whisper to mesel.

Aye..... good times...for sure...better make sure Butty gets his cut .

You are trying too hard dude, could be the heat, have a lie down, you are failing miserably.

Think it was FG who failed in Govt since 2011 and thats why they are now the 3rd most popular party in Ireland.

Same here F, love the wind swishing thru my lock up on the heathery hills watching my tankers haul many liters of the good stuff haul ass across the ‘bauder’

Another bundle of ‘tax free’ isteach mo phoca mar a deirtear, I whisper to mesel.

Aye..... good times...for sure...better make sure Butty gets his cut .

If we could just get the Gardai to do their jobs Brendan...wonder why they are not doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Think it was FG who failed in Govt since 2011 and thats why they are now the 3rd most popular party in Ireland.

Dont think it's fair to say they failed in government. They failed in some areas, did ok in others and did well in others. If they had totally failed, they would not be only 2 seats away from the biggest party.

So it was an empty meaningless comment. Understood.

Good lad!

Now hopefully you see the wonderful outcomes that you can achieve when you take the time to DIY!

I thought that he was heading down to Blackrock breach with his council house mates to scatter some litter around the place this afternoon! Presumably they stood him up and headed off to Gyles's Quay!

christy c wrote: »
    Dont think it's fair to say they failed in government. They failed in some areas, did ok in others and did well in others. It they had totally failed, they would not be only 2 seats away from the biggest party.

Their biggest error was their inability to magic thousands of social houses into being overnight. What puzzles me is that when (if) the Greens share power with them, this will immediately become possible! :confused:

• Advertisement

Their biggest error was their inability to magic thousands of social houses into being overnight. What puzzles me is that when (if) the Greens share power with them, this will immediately become possible! :confused:

More practical than 25 year leases and hotel bills, but sure what would FG know about managing money?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement