Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

markodaly wrote: »
    Along with other parties.

I never said SF had sole majority control over DCC.

But that is the argument others are making. They assert SF had control of DCC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Bowie wrote: »

You said FG had nothing to do with the allocation in Donnybrook and had no say. This is all false. It's government policy that a portion be allocated as social housing.

FG have been on the opposition benches of DCC since 2014
    To suggest otherwise like you are doing is FALSE
    SF were in an agreed pact to control DCC for 5 years from 2014 to 2019 when they lost half their seats
    True
    Sinn Féin lost half their seats on DCC in may 2019,the verdict on their reign in power there on that occasion
    Fact

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

efanton wrote: »

Expect a reply along the lines of but but the IRA

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

efanton wrote: »

Then argue that point with them. That is not my argument so don't attribute it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

McMurphy wrote: »
    The context of Adams tweet was clearly understood by anyone not wanting to feign outrage imo.

Charlie Flanagan just cannot help himself. He's a bumbling idiot and they need to keep him on a tighter leash.

I know, it's, alright to be racist as long as its, in context.
    I wish you and fb would spare me and the feign outrage bull**** too.
    Then Francie leps on some point that someone is getting fearful and getting ready for an election.
    The fear is always in some minds, forever churning out drivel that's meant to just change the subject straight away.
    Gerry Adams tweet was racist, his, thoughts when he made it were racist, must have been, why else would he consider using the n word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Tbh,I wouldn't be wheeling out Charlie Flanagan to support that theory
    He's just militant anti SF
    Probably made more virulent because he has access to Garda files

His father was a bigot some obviously washed off on the son, stupid does what stupid sees

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I know, it's, alright to be racist as long as its, in context.
    I wish you and fb would spare me and the feign outrage bull**** too.
    Then Francie leps on some point that someone is getting fearful and getting ready for an election.
    The fear is always in some minds, forever churning out drivel that's meant to just change the subject straight away.
    Gerry Adams tweet was racist, his, thoughts when he made it were racist, must have been, why else would he consider using the n word.

In your opinion. But like I said to blanch, opinions are like rectums.

In your opinion. But like I said to blanch, opinions are like rectums.

Crap response, you can dismiss all comments with that.
    Of course Gerry couldn't be seen to be a bolix could he.
    I wonder what you'd say if it was Charlie or Leo or Simon.

Crap response, you can dismiss all comments with that.
    Of course Gerry couldn't be seen to be a bolix could he.
    I wonder what you'd say if it was Charlie or Leo or Simon.

As already said - context is everything. If you don't understand why a west Belfast man would describe themselves as a ballymurphy n word immediately after watching Django unchained I'm certainly not going to take you in as a student and spell it out for you.

As already said - context is everything. If you don't understand why a west Belfast man would describe themselves as a ballymurphy n word immediately after watching Django unchained I'm certainly not going to take you in as a student and spell it out for you.

Nor I you, it was a racist comment in any context, nobody's perfect.

• Advertisement

In your opinion, which you're entitled to.

However, using an inappropriate word to describe oneself does not make one a racist In my opinion (we're all allowed to have one)

I tend to judge racism/sectarianism etc on actions, perhaps your bar is set lower than mine, or perhaps (and I suspect this to be the case) you're in fact feigning outrage, I'll let you at it, if you go outside you might find some clouds to wave your fist at and give out to. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Another FG councillor going "Independant" Jim O Leary channelling his fascist tendencies?

They'll be along to defend it

Do we need to ban the showing of "The Commitments" from now on?

A few days beforehand he was retweeting this.

https://twitter.com/GeneralMichael4/status/1269942953641947137?s=09

Wasn't big Michael Collins an IRA member, considered to be a terrorist at a time:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I literally posted a link that showed you that SF was part of a pact that ran the council from 2014-19. Can you not read?

Oh christ, we are through the rabbit hole ladies and gentlemen. I now need to prove a negative.

Show me that you do not have farries in your garden.

Well done, I think you deserve this.

You stated FG had zero, nada input on those Donnybrook apartments. You are wrong. Own it. Instead you've inferred I'm homophobic. What a nasty homophobic small minded comment. You use Varadkar's sexuality in a let's be fair, minor online disagreement. You need some manners and common decency added to your posting 'style' IMO.
    Along with other parties.

I never said SF had sole majority control over DCC.

You said...
    the last crowd to control the council were SF and the PBP crowd

You also said FG had no say. You're being a chancer here.

Even if every member of FG were double jobing over in Europe at the time...it's Fine Gael policy to allocate a section to Social Housing. That's what happened here. To state FG played no part is incorrect. And rather than put your hands up you get bitter, petty and use Varadkar's sexuality.

FG have been on the opposition benches of DCC since 2014
    To suggest otherwise like you are doing is FALSE
    SF were in an agreed pact to control DCC for 5 years from 2014 to 2019 when they lost half their seats
    True
    Sinn Féin lost half their seats on DCC in may 2019,the verdict on their reign in power there on that occasion
    Fact

I'm stating SF and PBP did not run the council. I'm disagreeing that FG, with a lot of seats on the council and the housing, planing and local authority minister and the policy of making sure a portion of the Donnybrook development was Social.... had no say in a portion of the Donny brook development being social.
    You are off on your own jolly boys beano Mortelo. I'm not interested.

Do we need to ban the showing of "The Commitments" from now on?

Not the point at all.
    You meet Nelson Mandela for instance, do you say, I identify with you N****r?
    What do you think he would say to you, I imagine he'd tell you fcuk right off.
    I wonder did Gerry say hi my N***a when he met him?
    Films, songs, people are racist, that's life.
    It's not just FG, FF etc, it's SF too, shock horror, imagine that, they're as flawed as the rest of them.

I'm stating SF and PBP did not run the council. I'm disagreeing that FG had no say.
    You are off on your own jolly boys beano Mortelo. I'm not interested.

Well you could also disagree that the Queen of sheba has no say
    The rest of your post makes no sense, although the beano was a good comic

• Advertisement

Well you could also disagree that the Queen of sheba has no say
    The rest of your post makes no sense, although the beano was a good comic

You are maybe unwittingly turning Marko's error into a DCC power pact debate or some ****e.

SF and PBP did not run DCC. FG did have a say.
    FG played a role in social being in with the Donnybrook complex.

Not the point at all.
    It's not just FG, FF etc, it's SF too, shock horror, imagine that, they're as flawed as the rest of them.

Is this about Enda Kenny's N word joke? C'mon lads, a few years ago now and sure he can't help sounding like a half wit.
    Adams was out of order on the cultural appropriation stakes. He thought he could compare his struggle to that of African American's. Kenny was telling a racist joke for laughs. Both parties are better off without them IMO...oh wait..maybe not FG ;)

Is this about Enda Kenny's N word joke? C'mon lads, a few years ago now and sure he can't help sounding like a half wit.
    Adams was out of order on the cultural appropriation stakes. He thought he could compare his struggle to that of African American's. Kenny was telling a racist joke for laughs. Both parties are better off without them IMO...oh wait..maybe not FG ;)

Honest answer, fair play.
    Gerry hasn't Gone away you know?

Not the point at all.

My point stands, the Commitments can now be seen as a racist film, Adams comment was stupid not racist
    ,is Elvis Costello racist singing Oliver's Army?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,884 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Show me SF and PBP ran the council. Show me FG had no say, neither their many councillors nor their Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Authorities, nor the FG government that implements Part V of the Planning and Development Act where it is required to allocate 10% of any new private development to social housing?

May I borrow your popcorn?

This is now truly bizarre, I have never seen such a lack of understanding of how governance in Ireland operates from anyone claiming to be a serious poster.

Firstly, Part V of the Planning and Development Act was legislated for by a Fianna Fail government.

Secondly, the Act provides for local authorities to implement those provisions. The national government has no say in the implementation of those provisions, it is a matter for the local authority and the local authority only. In fact, if someone is unhappy with the decision of the local authority, the rights of appeal it so An Bord Pleanala, and then the High Court. The national government has absolutely nothing to do with the implementation of these provisions.

Thirdly, as the other poster pointed out, Fine Gael have not been one of the parties responsible for running Dublin City Council since 2014, the time period when Sinn Fein was the leading party in the coalition running Dublin City Council.

I must say I am on my third box of beautiful buttered popcorn watching the car-crash of your contributions to this thread. So if you want to blame any party at all for what happened in Donnybrook, the only one you can't blame is Fine Gael.

blanch152 wrote: »
    This is now truly bizarre, I have never seen such a lack of understanding of how governance in Ireland operates from anyone claiming to be a serious poster.

Firstly, Part V of the Planning and Development Act was legislated for by a Fianna Fail government.

Secondly, the Act provides for local authorities to implement those provisions. The national government has no say in the implementation of those provisions, it is a matter for the local authority and the local authority only. In fact, if someone is unhappy with the decision of the local authority, the rights of appeal it so An Bord Pleanala, and then the High Court. The national government has absolutely nothing to do with the implementation of these provisions.

Thirdly, as the other poster pointed out, Fine Gael have not been one of the parties responsible for running Dublin City Council since 2014, the time period when Sinn Fein was the leading party in the coalition running Dublin City Council.

I must say I am on my third box of beautiful buttered popcorn watching the car-crash of your contributions to this thread. So if you want to blame any party at all for what happened in Donnybrook, the only one you can't blame is Fine Gael.

Pop your monocle back in there ;)
    Fine gael are the government party. Do they do everything Fianna Fail left for them? The minister for Housing, Planning and Local Authorities has nothing to do with Housing, Planning and Local Authorities? FG have no choice but to impliment and carry out any policy left by Fianna Fail nearly a decade ago? Are you talking the piss?
    FG had a say in every council they have a Councillor.
    SF and certainly PBP do not run any council.

With all your bull****e above you do little or nothing to address Markos false claims. Can you show FG had no say be it at local or national level on policy relating to the allocation of social housing or indeed, this particular case? Do you think Fine Gael are such wasters to be completely pointless?
    When these flats are for ribbon cutting Eoghan will be there with a few bags of groceries for the locals and Leo will cite Fiddler on the Roof or something....

Fine gael are the government party. Do they do everything Fianna Fail left for them? The minister for Housing, Planning and Local Authorities has nothing to do with Housing, Planning and Local Authorities? FG have no choice but to impliment and carry out any policy left by Fianna Fail nearly a decade ago? Are you talking the piss?

With all your bull****e above you do little or nothing to address Markos false claims. Can you show FG had no say be it at local or national level on policy relating to the allocation of social housing or indeed, this particular case? Do you think Fine Gael are such wasters to be completely pointless?
    When these flats are for ribbon cutting Eoghan will be there with a few bags of groceries for the locals and Leo will cite Fiddler on the Roof or something....

You seriously need to get a new blog rather than here with this and other level 11 codswallop
    I'll probably scroll past these types of posts from here on in

You stated FG had zero, nada input on those Donnybrook apartments. You are wrong.

You keep saying this, but never offer a reason as to why? Repeating a lie, doesn't make the lie anymore true.

Own it. Instead you've inferred I'm homophobic. What a nasty homophobic small minded comment. You use Varadkar's sexuality in a let's be fair, minor online disagreement. You need some manners and common decency added to your posting 'style' IMO.

This is funny, I am not the person who posted under his gay partner's name for a few years, thinking it was just good craic. As I said, you didnt do it for Enda, or MM, or MLMD... but for some reason, you did it for Leo. Coincidence?

You also said FG had no say. You're being a chancer here.

FG hasn't been in a pact to control DCC since 2011 afaik. So again tell us how FG influenced this decision.
    ...it's Fine Gael policy to allocate a section to Social Housing. That's what happened here.

What are you blathering on about. I have no idea, please flesh out your points a little bit more. At least you no longer think that Donnybrook is in SDCC :D
    To state FG played no part is incorrect.

Are FG part of the pact that runs DCC. Yes or no?

Fine gael are the government party.

It is an astonishing level of ignorance you are showing by not knowing the difference between local government and central government.

Most people would hold up their hands and actually educate themselves on the topic at hand, but you just double and triple down on the same fake news and lies you peddle.

Classic. SF have had a TD elected in every Dail since 1997, therefore SF are responsible for social housing rules and provisions, as 'they had a say'. :pac:

Do you deny that SF was in a pact to run DCC from 2014-2019? I asked this before and you ignored it. The silence is deafening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,884 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It is an astonishing level of ignorance you are showing by not knowing the difference between local government and central government.

Most people would hold up their hands and actually educate themselves on the topic at hand, but you just double and triple down on the same fake news and lies you peddle.

Classic. SF have had a TD elected in every Dail since 1997, therefore SF are responsible for social housing rules and provisions, as 'they had a say'. :pac:

Do you deny that SF was in a pact to run DCC from 2014-2019? I asked this before and you ignored it. The silence is deafening.

Astonishing is quite an understatement, what is truly amazing and unprecedented is the way he keeps doubling down on his lack of knowledge.

The most GUBU set of posts in a long, long time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement