Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Mortelaro wrote: »
    You seriously need to get a new blog rather than here with this and other level 11 codswallop
    I'll probably scroll past these types of posts from here on in

Marko was wrong and waffling. Get over it.
    The idea that FG councillors had no say was bad. The idea that PBP and SF ran DCC was bad. The idea that the FG government bears no responsibility for government policy on housing was bad and not to mention the hands off when it suits Eoghan Murphy the scarlet pimpernel of Housing, Planning and local authorities :)
    I'll leave it there. Embarrassing yourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

markodaly wrote: »
    It is an astonishing level of ignorance you are showing by not knowing the difference between local government and central government.

Most people would hold up their hands and actually educate themselves on the topic at hand, but you just double and triple down on the same fake news and lies you peddle.

Classic. SF have had a TD elected in every Dail since 1997, therefore SF are responsible for social housing rules and provisions, as 'they had a say'. :pac:

Do you deny that SF was in a pact to run DCC from 2014-2019? I asked this before and you ignored it. The silence is deafening.

You can try change the topic to save your blushes, I'm not interested.

You used Varadkar's sexuality to try score a point in a disagreement on social housing allocation. You should be ashamed of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Bowie wrote: »
    You can try change the topic to save your blushes, I'm not interested.

You used Varadkar's sexuality to try score a point in a disagreement on social housing allocation. You should be ashamed of yourself.

So again, when push comes to shove you run away from presenting any pertinent facts to bolster your argument.

You do not know the difference between Central Government and Local Government
    You cannot tell the difference between SDCC and DCC
    You deny that SF had a pact with other parties giving them control in DCC from 2014-2019
    You deny that FG is not in power in DCC at present.
    When asked for explicit evidence to your points, you run away with some airy-fairy ad-hominem thrown out there.
    You fail to answer basic questions.

As Eamon Dunphy has said many a time about football players, "Ya got found out tonight!"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

FG are Fascists, FF are wasters, the greens are stooges. Boo hoo hoo, they won't talk to us.
    Just about sums it up I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

markodaly wrote: »
    So again, when push comes to shove you run away from presenting any pertinent facts to bolster your argument.

You do not know the difference between Central Government and Local Government
    You cannot tell the difference between SDCC and DCC
    You deny that SF had a pact with other parties giving them control in DCC from 2014-2019
    You deny that FG is not in power in DCC at present.
    When asked for explicit evidence to your points, you run away with some airy-fairy ad-hominem thrown out there.
    You fail to answer basic questions.

As Eamon Dunphy has said many a time about football players, "Ya got found out tonight!"

Quoting Emaon Dunphy to get yout point across, Jesus things are bad

McMurphy wrote: »
    Will probably come along this morning ....

https://twitter.com/UbuntuLad/status/1270381489243541504?s=19

It has gone ignored by FG and their supporters. Not surprising, they think if they ignore it, it will go away.

Afraid the times we live in have changed, and people dont and wont forget these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,882 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The idea that FG councillors had no say was bad. The idea that PBP and SF ran DCC was bad. The idea that the FG government bears no responsibility for government policy on housing was bad and not to mention the hands off when it suits Eoghan Murphy the scarlet pimpernel of Housing, Planning and local authorities :)
    blanch152 wrote: »
    Astonishing is quite an understatement, what is truly amazing and unprecedented is the way he keeps doubling down on his lack of knowledge.

The most GUBU set of posts in a long, long time.

Just to show how silly Bowie's posts are, here is a report of the most recent election of Lord Mayor in Dublin

https://www.thejournal.ie/fianna-fail-tom-brabazon-lord-mayor-5020132-Feb2020/

"Brabazon received votes from his own party, as well as councillors from the Green Party, Labour and the Social Democrats, under the ‘Dublin Agreement’, which saw the four parties come together to form a council majority after local authority elections last year."

Bowie seems to be completely unaware of the practice of coalitions at local level controlling councils. It is quite surprising.

I have never seen anything like it before on here.

FG are Fascists, FF are wasters, the greens are stooges. Boo hoo hoo, they won't talk to us.
    Just about sums it up I'd say.

The hurt being displayed by Shinnerbots on Twitter, and the increasingly bitter contributions are actually becoming enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Just to show how silly Bowie's posts are, here is a report of the most recent election of Lord Mayor in Dublin

https://www.thejournal.ie/fianna-fail-tom-brabazon-lord-mayor-5020132-Feb2020/

"Brabazon received votes from his own party, as well as councillors from the Green Party, Labour and the Social Democrats, under the ‘Dublin Agreement’, which saw the four parties come together to form a council majority after local authority elections last year."

Bowie seems to be completely unaware of the practice of coalitions at local level controlling councils. It is quite surprising.

I have - you watched a clip in which Regina Doherty exclaimed on a number of occasions that leo Varadkar wasn't the Taoiseach from less than a week ago, you then went on to waffle about something about the senators mentioned in the clip (before you try and claim you didn't watch it), when no-one would entertain that rabbit hole, went on to try and divert the topic to Sinn Fein, again when no-one would entertain you, then went on to question whether or not she actually said that leo Varadkar was not the Taoiseach.

Have at it. :D

• Advertisement

It has gone ignored by FG and their supporters. Not surprising, they think if they ignore it, it will go away.

Afraid the times we live in have changed, and people dont and wont forget these things.

It will go away.

It is a historical reference that will pass over many people, and only those who cling to labelling Fine Gael as blueshirts on social media will pay any attention. Most of them are cranks or Shinnerbots who are routinely ignored anyway.

It will go away.

It is a historical reference that will pass over many people, and only those who cling to labelling Fine Gael as blueshirts on social media will pay any attention. Most of them are cranks or Shinnerbots who are routinely ignored anyway.

Fine Gael have ignored at least 25% of the people, that's why they had a disaster of an election and are doing anything possible to cling onto a bit of power.

Having a go at SF pre election didn't work, Having a go at SF since the election is going to make it even worse next time we are voting (which will be soon)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Having a go at SF since the election is going to make it even worse next time we are voting (which will be soon)

Depends on what it is about. If it's about the IRA, I'd say the vast majority have already decided either way so won't make a difference. On the other hand, if it's about the completely stupid economic policies proposed by spoofers like Pearse Doherty and Mary Lou, then it could make a difference. They make spending 4 billion on a hospital seem like a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The guy is trying to discuss politics yet has no idea how deals, pacts, or coalitions are done. It's just a rent-a-rant stuff you see on Facebook.

christy c wrote: »
    Depends on what it is about. If it's about the IRA, I'd say the vast majority have already decided either way so won't make a difference. On the other hand, if it's about the completely stupid economic policies proposed by spoofers like Pearse Doherty and Mary Lou, then it could make a difference. They make spending 4 billion on a hospital seem like a great idea.

Id say people be more concerned that the Homeless Crisis wasn't in their 10 key aims document with their mates FF.

Universal Healthcare was one of their aims (wonder how that is going)

Id say people be more concerned that the Homeless Crisis wasn't in their 10 key aims document with their mates FF.

Universal Healthcare was one of their aims (wonder how that is going)

A party stupid enough to think demographics will look after themselves will not be solving homelessness or health any time soon. The huge recession we are facing seems to have people turning back to FG if the polls are accurate.

christy c wrote: »
    A party stupid enough to think demographics will look after themselves will not be solving homelessness or health any time soon. The huge recession we are facing seems to have people turning back to FG if the polls are accurate.

Polls mean **** all. That's what we were told coming upto the election when SF were doing well in them

FG are having a bounce cause they led us though this crisis but people will soon see the mistakes they made will have serious reprecuations for years

Polls mean **** all. That's what we were told coming upto the election when SF were doing well in them

Well SF proved that "polls mean fcuk all" was incorrect. But we'll have to wait and see.

FG are having a bounce cause they led us though this crisis but people will soon see the mistakes they made will have serious reprecuations for years

What mistakes?

Didn't see this edit.

The SF fans were telling us that they were just following the experts, so will have to get their stories straight.

But I agree that the bounce is partially related to the crisis, but I also think it is related to the huge recession we are facing, where parties like SF have proven they are totally out of their depth.

• Advertisement

What mistakes?

The fact that people cant get cancer screenings (until the end of the summer is the latest) and many other Health Services that are currently not in operation despite private hospitals which we are paying for sitting empty.

They refused to stop travel from affected areas in Italy, or to test those who came back.

They didn't advise those coming home from Cheltenham to self-isolate. and didn’t test them

They didn’t plan for likely shortages of protective clothing and equipment

They re-opened nursing homes – and told staff NOT to wear PPE

They didn’t meet with nursing homes to address their concerns

The fact that people cant get cancer screenings (until the end of the summer is the latest) and many other Health Services that are currently not in operation despite private hospitals which we are paying for sitting empty.

They refused to stop travel from affected areas in Italy, or to test those who came back.

They didn't advise those coming home from Cheltenham to self-isolate. and didn’t test them

As I would have predicted:

Anything the government got right: Just following the expert advice
    Anything the government got wrong: All Fine Gael's fault

In this era of hurling from the Twitter ditch (and what a foul-smelling ditch it is, full of the lowest of the low), we can expect this attitude to be adopted.

While we are on the topic of Dublin City Council, would you have a view on the politicians that were overseeing them while the following took place?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/leading-barrister-to-investigate-whether-dublin-city-council-paid-protection-money-to-criminals-962525.html

The council was under Sinn Fein and PBP control when the alleged protection payments to criminals took place. Do you have a view on that type of corruption?

On the provision of housing, would you care to comment on the parties which controlled Dublin City Council in 2016, when the "Dublin City Development Plan 2016-2022" was adopted which resulted in the CEO being forced to object to a badly-needed plan for more houses?

https://www.thejournal.ie/st-annes-park-apartments-dublin-city-council-4977828-Jan2020/

I could post more questions about the inept performance of Dublin City Council over the last half-decade or so, if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,470 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Same old hindsight and rehashed rhetoric.

Untrue in the main.

It’s a pity, people keep this stuff up, ad nauseum.

If people think that pumping out hindsight observations and trying to justify their take as something which should have been foreseen and managed in real time, well, I’m afraid they come across as,well, foolish is the best I could say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Same old hindsight and rehashed rhetoric.

Untrue in the main.

It’s a pity, people keep this stuff up, ad nauseum.

If people think that pumping out hindsight observations and trying to justify their take as something which should have been foreseen and managed in real time, well, I’m afraid they come across as,well, foolish is the best I could say.

Interesting series of tweets here. The sort of facts and figures that don’t sit well with the oddballs, losers, and malcontents on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/care2much18/status/1270496059861721097?s=21

As I would have predicted:

Anything the government got right: Just following the expert advice
    Anything the government got wrong: All Fine Gael's fault

In this era of hurling from the Twitter ditch (and what a foul-smelling ditch it is, full of the lowest of the low), we can expect this attitude to be adopted.

You asked what mistakes I thought they made. I answered. Left out childcare!

They have been good in some areas.

We only allowed talk about what they got right and not try find why things went wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,831 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

While we are on the topic of Dublin City Council, would you have a view on the politicians that were overseeing them while the following took place?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/leading-barrister-to-investigate-whether-dublin-city-council-paid-protection-money-to-criminals-962525.html

The council was under Sinn Fein and PBP control when the alleged protection payments to criminals took place. Do you have a view on that type of corruption?

And?

What did he find? Was it just another job for the boys or did he find anything?

He was 'expected to report in 3 weeks'.

What did the report show?

Is this another one of your...'it was alleged about the Shinners', so therefore it is true, blind alleys blanch?

And?

What did he find? Was it just another job for the boys or did he find anything?

He was 'expected to report in 3 weeks'.

What did the report show?

Is this another one of your...'it was alleged about the Shinners', so therefore it is true, blind alleys blanch?

https://www.thejournal.ie/council-staff-told-to-immediately-report-intimidation-incidents-after-protection-payment-court-case-5087047-May2020/

"According to a spokesperson for the Department, the final report was received in late December.

“Having considered the Report, given its complexity and particularly in light of an ongoing Garda investigation, it was sent to the Office of the Attorney General seeking legal advice on publication and next steps,” they said. "

I would guess that we will hear a lot more on this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭frw5

Dont forget not providing an update to rent freeze, although its due to expire in 2 weeks and rents for July are almost due. People cant plan is it the increased rate or the frozen one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement