Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,831 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    https://www.thejournal.ie/council-staff-told-to-immediately-report-intimidation-incidents-after-protection-payment-court-case-5087047-May2020/

"According to a spokesperson for the Department, the final report was received in late December.

“Having considered the Report, given its complexity and particularly in light of an ongoing Garda investigation, it was sent to the Office of the Attorney General seeking legal advice on publication and next steps,” they said. "

I would guess that we will hear a lot more on this.

So basically you were asking for comment on something that as yet we do not know even happened.

Ever suspect that was why Eoghan set up the 'investigation' in the first place?

I mean you were the same poster who said we 'would hear a lot more' about abuse allegations against SF the Gardai were allegedly investigating. . Regina Doherty the FG spinner at the time was full of the same sensationalist stuff too. So far, years after..nothing.
    I couldn't help thinking of you and your 'allegation is enough' ethos when Sil Fox was on the airwaves in the last few days. Had we adopted your stance, 'the allegation must be believed', Sill, would be rotting in jail.

Ever think you were being played for a patsy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

So basically you were asking for comment on something that as yet we do not know even happened.

Ever suspect that was why Eoghan set up the 'investigation' in the first place?

I mean you were the same poster who said we 'would hear a lot more' about abuse allegations against SF the Gardai were allegedly investigating. . Regina Doherty the FG spinner at the time was full of the same sensationalist stuff too. So far, years after..nothing.
    I couldn't help thinking of you and your 'allegation is enough' ethos when Sil Fox was on the airwaves in the last few days. Had we adopted your stance, 'the allegation must be believed', Sill, would be rotting in jail.

You spend 16 hours a day on this website religiously defending a party you claim you 1st voted for in the last general election. The patsy label could be applied both ways tbh.

You spend 16 hours a day on this website religiously defending a party you claim you 1st voted for in the last general election. The patsy label could be applied both ways tbh.

I made about 3-4 in total posts today Johnny. Calm the ham there. Let blanch defend himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The kettle wants to say hello to the pot again! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

markodaly wrote: »
    So again, when push comes to shove you run away from presenting any pertinent facts to bolster your argument.

You do not know the difference between Central Government and Local Government
    You cannot tell the difference between SDCC and DCC
    You deny that SF had a pact with other parties giving them control in DCC from 2014-2019
    You deny that FG is not in power in DCC at present.
    When asked for explicit evidence to your points, you run away with some airy-fairy ad-hominem thrown out there.
    You fail to answer basic questions.

As Eamon Dunphy has said many a time about football players, "Ya got found out tonight!"

Mark you are trying to have a different discussion. That's you running away.
    FG Councillors have no say in council decisions you said.
    FG has no say in the allocation of social housing you said.
    SF and PBP, (with 1 or 2 Councillors) run the DCC you said.

This is all baloney. that's it.

• Advertisement

The hurt being displayed by Shinnerbots on Twitter, and the increasingly bitter contributions are actually becoming enjoyable.

You lads are desperate. Just read over your contributions on the last few pages.

The volunteers for the covid number 19 passed on to a recruitment agency, the few got a call at all.
    Varadkar using Netflix to source his speeches.
    A FG affiliate praising the Blue Shirts.
    And all you can muster is 'shinnerbots'.
    Have you no opinion on anything criticising FG other than to cry shinners and let slip the mea cupla?

Just to show how silly Bowie's posts are, here is a report of the most recent election of Lord Mayor in Dublin

https://www.thejournal.ie/fianna-fail-tom-brabazon-lord-mayor-5020132-Feb2020/

"Brabazon received votes from his own party, as well as councillors from the Green Party, Labour and the Social Democrats, under the ‘Dublin Agreement’, which saw the four parties come together to form a council majority after local authority elections last year."

Bowie seems to be completely unaware of the practice of coalitions at local level controlling councils. It is quite surprising.

I have never seen anything like it before on here.

Riddle me this:
    Mark stated:
    FG Councillors have no say in council decisions.
    The FG party, (local and national) has no say in the allocation of social housing despite it being government policy and them having a large number of councilors in that district).
    And SF and PBP, (with 1 or 2 Councillors) run the DCC.

By the by it was a Council pact made a FG councillor Mayor of Dublin. They are subject to agreements on a case by case. It does not mean FG had no say nor the minister for Housing, Planning and local Authorities. You tried pull that one before. Murphy is responsible if it's something positive for FG, not so if you don't think it puts the brethren in a good light.
    Ironically allocating social housing is great. Well done FG for the part they played. This gripe you lads have is on the one hand you like to give out about them that won't work getting goodies, but then try get FG off the hook for said goodies. It's indefensible lads.

So you can try fudge with talks of pacts but it's dishonest and doesn't address Mark's baloney. Go'wan, shinner bots something something, my word, well I never :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,881 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    Mark you are trying to have a different discussion. That's you running away.
    FG Councillors have no say in council decisions you said.
    FG has no say in the allocation of social housing you said.
    SF and PBP, (with 1 or 2 Councillors) run the DCC you said.

This is all baloney. that's it.

A gibberish response in all honesty. Here is what he said:
    markodaly wrote: »
    So again, when push comes to shove you run away from presenting any pertinent facts to bolster your argument.

You do not know the difference between Central Government and Local Government
    You cannot tell the difference between SDCC and DCC
    You deny that SF had a pact with other parties giving them control in DCC from 2014-2019
    You deny that FG is not in power in DCC at present.
    When asked for explicit evidence to your points, you run away with some airy-fairy ad-hominem thrown out there.
    You fail to answer basic questions.

As Eamon Dunphy has said many a time about football players, "Ya got found out tonight!"

There is nothing untrue in what he said. Do you agree with him or not?

Or are there "alternative" facts that you wish to present?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭PommieBast

frw5 wrote: »
    Dont forget not providing an update to rent freeze, although its due to expire in 2 weeks and rents for July are almost due. People cant plan is it the increased rate or the frozen one.
    Really something for A&P but I expect the government is bricking itself knowing what is going to happen as soon as the C19 restrictions are lifted..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

CSO statistics out today, since 2018 the number of 18-24 who have a "high" level of wellbeing has fallen from 48.8% to 10%.

Basically 9 out of 10 young Irish people are not happy.

• Advertisement

A gibberish response in all honesty. Here is what he said:

There is nothing untrue in what he said. Do you agree with him or not?

Or are there "alternative" facts that you wish to present?

You are ignoring my critique of Marko's nonsense and his nonsense itself.

As it stands, FG have no say on DCC despite their number of FG councilors.
    FG have no say on social housing allocation despite government policy demanding it, in this Donnybrook case too, and the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Authorites being a Fine Gael man :rolleyes:

It must be great to get the wages and have zero, nada responsibility. That's dem that don't want to work for ya.
    CSO statistics out today, since 2018 the number of 18-24 who have a "high" level of wellbeing has fallen from 48.8% to 10%.

Basically 9 out of 10 young Irish people are not happy.

Wait for the 'sure that's millennials for ya something something Avocados'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Has Charlie spouted anything today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,881 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    You are ignoring my critique of Marko's nonsense and his nonsense itself.

As it stands, FG have no say on DCC despite their number of FG councilors.
    FG have no say on social housing allocation despite government policy demanding it, in this Donnybrook case too, and the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Authorites being a Fine Gael man :rolleyes:

It must be great to get the wages and have zero, nada responsibility. That's dem that don't want to work for ya.

Wait for the 'sure that's millennials for ya something something Avocados'.

You can critique his opinion as much as you like, but you are denying facts.

FACT 1: Fianna Fail brought in the legislation for Part V of the Planning Act

FACT 2: Local authorities are responsible for implementing the provisions in relation to social housing

FACT 3: Sinn Fein was part of a coalition in charge of Dublin City Council up until last year's local election.

FACT 4: Fine Gael were not part of that coalition and are not part of the current coalition controlling Dublin City Council and are equivalent to an opposition party in the Dail

FACT 5: Donnybrook is part of Dublin City Council not South Dublin County Council

You got all of those facts wrong. There were numerous citations provided by Mark and others to back up these facts, but like a flat-earther, you continue to deny the clear evidence presented to you.

Once you have accepted the facts, we can have a meaningful and informed discussion on the remaining elements that constitute opinion, but I don't engage with flat-earth debates.

You can critique his opinion as much as you like, but you are denying facts.

FACT 1: Fianna Fail brought in the legislation for Part V of the Planning Act

FACT 2: Local authorities are responsible for implementing the provisions in relation to social housing

FACT 3: Sinn Fein was part of a coalition in charge of Dublin City Council up until last year's local election.

FACT 4: Fine Gael were not part of that coalition and are not part of the current coalition controlling Dublin City Council and are equivalent to an opposition party in the Dail

FACT 5: Donnybrook is part of Dublin City Council not South Dublin County Council

You got all of those facts wrong. There were numerous citations provided by Mark and others to back up these facts, but like a flat-earther, you continue to deny the clear evidence presented to you.

Once you have accepted the facts, we can have a meaningful and informed discussion on the remaining elements that constitute opinion, but I don't engage with flat-earth debates.

ANSWER 1: So what? Are FG beholden to FF policy from over a decade ago? Were FG grudgingly forced to keep this as policy? Does the government and housing, planning, LA minister have no responsibility for this government policy? Do you think government ministers say, 'listen this is the way it is, but that was Sean lemass brought that in'? :)

ANSWER 2: True dat, 'implimenting'. I do not believe the numerous FG councilors have no say nor FG government have no say.

ANSWER 3: 'in charge' is not accurate also what about PBP? It was claiming both SF and PBP ran DCC and FG had zero, nada, say on anything for years.

ANSWER 4: See answer 3.

ANSWER 5: So what? We are talking DCC numbers and government policy.

I didn't my hole. see above.
    Now can we return to your running away when we discussed 'dem that don't want to work'? You gave a link to back up the numbers. However the link only showed levels of unemployment not numbers of dem that don't want to work.

The spin we are to believe is Social housing is allocated to people who don't want to work therefore 25 year leases and hotels good, social housing bad.
    Then if said leases are in luxury D4 apartments, it's nothing to do with FG councilors or the FG government who's policy, (FF inking it does not take responsibility from government who use it), they merrily enforce, says a portion should be allocated as social housing.
    Give over lads you can't have it both ways. Either FG, the Councillors, party and housing, planning, LA Minister have zero, nada to do with housing or they do. I'd like to know how these no say do nothing councilors justify their salary and same goes for Eoghan do nothing, no responsibility Murphy.
    It's completely laughable the hoops you lads will slither through.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,470 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I made about 3-4 in total posts today Johnny. Calm the ham there. Let blanch defend himself.

Well able to defend himself, Francie.

Please don’t try to come up with that auld line of attack.

Doesn’t butter any parsnips.

The reality is out there.

Well able to defend himself, Francie.

Please don’t try to come up with that auld line of attack.

Doesn’t butter any parsnips.

The reality is out there.

So poignant and plaintive Brendie. Reminds me of the those auld gung ho Blighty against the evil German black and white films.

You have blanch's back. I has a tear in me eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

I made about 34 in total posts today Johnny. Calm the ham there. Let blanch defend himself.

Thirty four posts!!!! Jesus, Francie, you're a nutjob!

But who is laundering the diesel while you're busily tapping away furiously with your index finger?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,470 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

So poignant and plaintive Brendie. Reminds me of the those auld gung ho Blighty against the evil German black and white films.

You have blanch's back. I has a tear in me eye.

Colourful imagination Francie , I’ll have to hand you that.

Now of course I could ‘feign ignorance’ and plead that I couldn’t make head nor tail about your second paragraph....... but I’m bigger than that,a chara.

You should try it. ;)

But who is laundering the diesel while you're busily tapping away furiously with your index finger?

Bit desperate to be slanderous there Stack.

Always happens when argument and rebuttals are thin on the ground with you guys are

What's the story with the Gardai burning the car in the Lunny case?

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2020/0610/1146595-kevin-lunney-case-special-criminal-court/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

A shinner Garda? :)

A shinner Garda? :)

2 of the defendant's are from Dublin, I'd be thinking the other way, where a rabbit lives

Lots of questions for the Gardai there. Years of inaction on the case.

2 of the defendant's are from Dublin, I'd be thinking the other way, where a rabbit lives

It's a strange one RV. But there were lots of questions about the Gardai in the area during the whole Quinn saga and when DJ was around the area.
    Burned accidentally?
    Best I can offer is I doubt it was anything to do with FG or Charlie Flannigan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Interesting series of tweets here. The sort of facts and figures that don’t sit well with the oddballs, losers, and malcontents on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/care2much18/status/1270496059861721097?s=21

Not correct. The paid shills out and out lying now.

It's a strange one RV. But there were lots of questions about the Gardai in the area during the whole Quinn saga and when DJ was around the area.
    Burned accidentally?

The files where going across the MoJ's desk Bish...ignored for 8 years until a man got seriously injured. Now a major piece of the evidence has been destroyed by those who ignored what was going on.

How many reasons can you come up with for the security forces and MOJ ignoring serious breaches of the law?

Burned accidentally?

Case will suffer, one guy already not being named, to obvious a link to someone with pull if named?
    Smelling like the Regency already

The files where going across the MoJ's desk Bish...ignored for 8 years until a man got seriously injured. Now a major piece of the evidence has been destroyed by those who ignored what was going on.

How many reasons can you come up with for the security forces and MOJ ignoring serious breaches of the law?

Likely a SF minister for justice, would sort it Francie, probably tell the lads to lay off.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Stick to the topic or do not post

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Bit desperate to be slanderous there Stack.

Always happens when argument and rebuttals are thin on the ground with you guys are

Shades of using the traditional sledgehammer to crack a nut there, Francie.

Incidentally, I object strongly to the phrase "you guys" - there's only one of me and I despise every political party in this God-forsaken country.

That includes both the Party that you claim to have voted for in 2016 and your current favourite.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement