Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Bowie wrote: »
    Mark you are trying to have a different discussion. That's you running away.
    FG Councillors have no say in council decisions you said.
    FG has no say in the allocation of social housing you said.
    SF and PBP, (with 1 or 2 Councillors) run the DCC you said.

SF had a pact with other parties to run DCC from 2014-2019.
    Do you deny this?

FG are not involved and have no pact with other parties running DCC at present.
    Do you deny this?

Lets start with the basics again and we can go from there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

ANSWER 1: So what? Are FG beholden to FF policy from over a decade ago? Were FG grudgingly forced to keep this as policy? Does the government and housing, planning, LA minister have no responsibility for this government policy? Do you think government ministers say, 'listen this is the way it is, but that was Sean lemass brought that in'? :)

ANSWER 2: True dat, 'implimenting'. I do not believe the numerous FG councilors have no say nor FG government have no say.

ANSWER 3: 'in charge' is not accurate also what about PBP? It was claiming both SF and PBP ran DCC and FG had zero, nada, say on anything for years.

ANSWER 4: See answer 3.

ANSWER 5: So what? We are talking DCC numbers and government policy.

I didn't my hole. see above.
    Now can we return to your running away when we discussed 'dem that don't want to work'? You gave a link to back up the numbers. However the link only showed levels of unemployment not numbers of dem that don't want to work.

The spin we are to believe is Social housing is allocated to people who don't want to work therefore 25 year leases and hotels good, social housing bad.
    Then if said leases are in luxury D4 apartments, it's nothing to do with FG councilors or the FG government who's policy, (FF inking it does not take responsibility from government who use it), they merrily enforce, says a portion should be allocated as social housing.
    Give over lads you can't have it both ways. Either FG, the Councillors, party and housing, planning, LA Minister have zero, nada to do with housing or they do. I'd like to know how these no say do nothing councilors justify their salary and same goes for Eoghan do nothing, no responsibility Murphy.
    It's completely laughable the hoops you lads will slither through.

You are still denying facts, so a discussion is pointless.

Fine Gael share responsibility for the D4 apartments to the same degree that Sinn Fein share responsibility for all of the austerity measures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

markodaly wrote: »
    SF had a pact with other parties to run DCC from 2014-2019.
    Do you deny this?

FG are not involved and have no pact with other parties running DCC at present.
    Do you deny this?

Lets start with the basics again and we can go from there. :D

Neither here nor there and not relevant.

You claim SF and PBP run DCC.
    You claim FG councilors have no say on anything DCC do nor anything to do with social housing allocation in DCC.
    You claim neither FG, the government nor the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Authorities have anything to do with social housing allocation in the Donnybrook complex. This I assume includes government policy insisting a portion be allocated as social, despite Blanch's protests that 'it was like that when we got here' :rolleyes:

I do not believe that is the case. The last pact I was involved in was when Labour, of which I was a member, agreed with others to make a FG councilor Mayor of Dublin and it's my understanding that pacts are negotiated on a case by case. Nobody is legally obliged to vote any particular way. Also it simply isn't believable that FG have sat on their hands during every council meeting and disagreed with every decision the council made.
    You lads wanting to bitch about dem that don't work getting luxury D4 apartments, with zero, nada responsibility. Which is even more ridiculous when you look at FG policy on using PPP and private entities. So give over.

blanch152 wrote: »
    You are still denying facts, so a discussion is pointless.

Fine Gael share responsibility for the D4 apartments to the same degree that Sinn Fein share responsibility for all of the austerity measures.

It's akin to the South Park Chewbacca defence.
    Getting desperate and silly now. See above.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Is acknowledging you are wrong something you have difficulty with in the real world as well, or is it more an online thing?
    Is it part of the Matt Barrett/Bowie DNA?

• Advertisement

Neither here nor there and not relevant.

Of course, who runs the council is not relevant at all :pac::P:D:p

If we were to take your position, SF are just as responsible as FG over the past 10 years, cause SF has some TD's.. or something..:p
    I do not believe that is the case.

You can believe in a flying spaghetti monster if you want, it doesn't make it true.
    The last pact I was involved in was when Labour, of which I was a member, agreed with others to make a FG councilor Mayor of Dublin and it's my understanding that pacts are negotiated on a case by case.

Ah, so you were a Labour member?
    Tell us, when was this pact agreed? Was it before 2014? :P

Yes, pacts are agreed to at the start of the Council Term.
    So essentially agree with me now, because SF had a pact with other parties in 2014-2019 and now FF, Greens, Labour and SD's have a pact to run DCC now.

This is how government works. This is politics 101. The fact you don't understand this is literally astounding.
    Nobody is legally obliged to vote any particular way.

Who said they did. A TD can vote whatever way they want.
    Also it simply isn't believable that FG have sat on their hands during every council meeting and disagreed with every decision the council made.

Also it simply isn't believable that SF have sat on their hands during every Dail/Oireachtas meeting and disagreed with every decision the government made.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Is that what you call your position now?

We started with you claiming that Donnybrook was in South Dublin County Council, and incredibly it went downhill from there.

What do you call a defence where someone refuses to stop doubling down on their mistake?

Is acknowledging you are wrong something you have difficulty with in the real world as well, or is it more an online thing?
    Is it part of the Matt Barrett/Bowie DNA?

I'm not wrong. I'm citing marko and stating he's wrong. I've explained this quite clearly.
    It's Marko made the claims, I know you try to twist it, but all I'm doing is disagreeing with marko's nonsense.

I do not beleve FG councilors, Ministers and government have no say in housing allocation and enacting government policy. A policy they are on record as supporting, (having some social in private developments). Simples.

Is that what you call your position now?

We started with you claiming that Donnybrook was in South Dublin County Council, and incredibly it went downhill from there.

What do you call a defence where someone refuses to stop doubling down on their mistake?

Lovely Blanch. My position hasn't changed.
    I assumed incorrectly D4 was in SDCC not DCC. Held my hands up. Corrected myself.
    You got me, oh deary me :rolleyes:
    And you've added a dash of 'I know you are but what am I'.
    :)

Vote Green.

Of course, who runs the council is not relevant at all :pac::P:D:p

If we were to take your position, SF are just as responsible as FG over the past 10 years, cause SF has some TD's.. or something..:p

You can believe in a flying spaghetti monster if you want, it doesn't make it true.

Ah, so you were a Labour member?
    Tell us, when was this pact agreed? Was it before 2014? :P

Yes, pacts are agreed to at the start of the Council Term.
    So essentially agree with me now, because SF had a pact with other parties in 2014-2019 and now FF, Greens, Labour and SD's have a pact to run DCC now.

This is how government works. This is politics 101. The fact you don't understand this is literally astounding.

Who said they did. A TD can vote whatever way they want.

Also it simply isn't believable that SF have sat on their hands during every Dail/Oireachtas meeting and disagreed with every decision the government made.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

You are ignoring:

PBP run DCC?
    FG councilors have zero say.
    FG government have zero say.
    Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Authorities has zero say.
    Government policy stating private builds must include social, nothing to do with any of the above :)
    I'll remind you of this next time Eoghan has his sleeves rolled up ;)
    To help people in this situation, Budget 2019 provided the largest affordability package in a decade at €310m. This investment will be used to service local authority land so that homes can be built on that land, and then sold at a discount to people, with the Local Authority retaining an equity share in the home. This will provide 6,200 new homes over the next three years.

It must be acknowledged though that there are different definitions of affordability based on geography, income and family circumstances and the problem does not impact all areas equally. For example, roughly one-in-two first time buyers in the 12 months to June 2018, purchased homes for less than €250,000 and average house prices in some regions and many counties are less than €200,000. Therefore, this investment will be targeted at Local Authorities in our major urban areas.

As part of our plans to use state lands more efficiently, we have mandated the Land Development Agency to bring vacant and underutilised land into use for housing. Where this is done, at least 30% of those homes will be made available through an affordable housing scheme, in addition to at least 10% of those homes being council homes. These homes will be provided at a discount and the state retains an equity stake in the home reflecting the discount.https://www.finegael.ie/our-policies/a-housing-system-with-the-citizen-at-the-centre/

But wait, this can't include DCC? I mean the government have zero, nada say there. Gino from PBP will need give approval surely? Also what business do government have even speaking about LA's they've zero, nada to do with them. These lies must stop! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I do not beleve FG councilors, Ministers and government have no say in housing allocation and enacting government policy. A policy they are on record as supporting, (having some social in private developments). Simples.

You can not believe whatever you want,it doesn't change law or reality
    Name the councillors and what you think they've done
    You will be sued

You are ignoring:

PBP run DCC?
    FG councilors have zero say.
    FG government have zero say.
    Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Authorities has zero say.
    Government policy stating private builds must include social, nothing to do with any of the above :)
    I'll remind you of this next time Eoghan has his sleeves rolled up ;)

It's like a parody at this stage.
    Interestingly you always refuse to answer a direct question.

It's like a parody at this stage.
    Interestingly you always refuse to answer a direct question.

You have stayed on your SF pact story and ignored everything else like PBP running DCC and FG, local and nationally have zero, nada say in the allocation of social housing. It would be less embarrassing for you and your chums if you ran away.
    Not really. I don't believe any pact takes away FG's ability function locally and nationally.
    You do know it's FG policy to use private builds to allocate social or is it just Donnybrook you are fixated on?
    A poster was giving out about luxury D4 apartments been giving to people as social housing rentals. SD, SF, PBP are pushing for more social builds. It's FG who despite your illusions, actively support and enact using private builds with a portion allocated to social.
    In short you want to whinge about FG government policy (FG councilors and others) giving luxury apartments to social renters but not associate with FG :)

This is one you have repeatedly put forward as a reason to criticise Fine Gael.

Let us examine the details of the provision. This country has had a bad history with ghettos and poorly thought-out developments (put in place by FF governments) such as Ballymun flats and Darndale that created long-term social problems.

In response to this, an innovative proposal whereby developers were required to make available 10%(?) of a development to the local authority so that the local authority could ensure mixed development i.e. social housing mixed in with private housing to avoid the mistakes of the past.

Are you really against this or is it just another one of your kneejerk anti-FG positions? More crucially, what is your serious workable proposal to avoid a repeat of the problems of Ballymun?

Mortelaro wrote: »
    You can not believe whatever you want,it doesn't change law or reality
    Name the councillors and what you think they've done
    You will be sued

Ask marko to explain how FG councilors contribute nothing, FG government is not responsible for government policy and the Minister of Housing, Planning and Local authorities is not responsible for Housing, Planning and Local authorities ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Pretty clear whats going to happen

1. New Election
    or
    2. After Talks fall apart FF will jump ship and join up with SF (many FF TDs and members want this already)

Its killing Leo and the lads. Suppose he can go drink on the streets since its ok to do so.

This is one you have repeatedly put forward as a reason to criticise Fine Gael.

Let us examine the details of the provision. This country has had a bad history with ghettos and poorly thought-out developments (put in place by FF governments) such as Ballymun flats and Darndale that created long-term social problems.

In response to this, an innovative proposal whereby developers were required to make available 10%(?) of a development to the local authority so that the local authority could ensure mixed development i.e. social housing mixed in with private housing to avoid the mistakes of the past.

Are you really against this or is it just another one of your kneejerk anti-FG positions? More crucially, what is your serious workable proposal to avoid a repeat of the problems of Ballymun?

Blanch Marko stated, (backed by yourself) FG, local and nationally have nothing to do with FG government policy or FG party housing policy, in this case the inclusion of social housing within a luxury D4 complex.
    I dispute this based on the FG government being in government, government housing policy, FG party housing policy and the Minister for Housing, Planning and Local authorities being a FG minister.
    FG cannot champion using private entities to allocate a percentage of social housing and then deny any association with it when it happens because it steps on the toes or other FG spin regarding 'dem that won't work'. A discussion you ran away from after giving a link on unemployment figures to back up your claim lots of people using social housing don't want to work.

I'm not against it in this political environment. I'd commend FG, but you and Marko and others claim they play no part. Are you denying they'd anything to do with it and trying to give them credit now? :)
    Ironically allocating social housing is great. Well done FG for the part they played. This gripe you lads have is on the one hand you like to give out about them that won't work getting goodies, but then try get FG off the hook for said goodies. It's indefensible lads....

I'd prefer we build more social and affordable but if we are going the private route, allocating a portion as social is the best we can look for. Having social in costly expensive leased or rented projects is not a good spend for the tax payer IMO.

Now what's all this about your man Eamo using the 'N' word? Was he telling Enda's joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,470 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Pretty clear whats going to happen

1. New Election
    or
    2. After Talks fall apart FF will jump ship and join up with SF (many FF TDs and members want this already)

Its killing Leo and the lads. Suppose he can go drink on the streets since its ok to do so.

Let’s mark this post for reference to later.

What is killing Leo and the lads, how do you know this.

Time this kind of posting was stamped out.

Let’s mark this post for reference to later.

What is killing Leo and the lads, how do you know this.

Time this kind of posting was stamped out.

Why you and your FG pals can have a go at SF in every 2nd post but people cant have a go at FG.

Thats the way they want things to work

Its killing him that he lost power in the election results, thought he might be able to actually save himself, and now he knows its game over. His desperation to have a pop at SF at every opportunity is actually admirable.

And it would be the very same if they were running the country.

Their priorities are all symbolism, flags, slogans usually relevant 50 years ago.

You are correct, Sir.

Would it be this type of post thats ok but what I said not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Ask marko to explain how FG councilors contribute nothing, FG government is not responsible for government policy and the Minister of Housing, Planning and Local authorities is not responsible for Housing, Planning and Local authorities ;)

So you're blathering rubbish because it makes you feel better again is it?
    What are you saying FG councillors have done on Dublin City council that's wrong?
    Who and what
    Spell it out or just continue to look like a fool
    Be careful now,because no evidence and you will be sued

Why you and your FG pals can have a go at SF in every 2nd post but people cant have a go at FG.

Thats the way they want things to work

Its killing him that he lost power in the election results, thought he might be able to actually save himself, and now he knows its game over. His desperation to have a pop at SF at every opportunity is actually admirable.

You need to back up your assertions

Leo is on record as saying he did not want to go into Govt.

What ‘game’ is over?

His ‘desperation’ to have a pop at SF is debatable as he knows they are totally irrelevant .

Just trying to ‘stir up’ up unsubstantiated rhetoric and keep the thread alive to continue to punch out unsubstantiated rhetoric against FG doesn’t fool anyone.

Doesn’t butter any parsnips around these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,829 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

All the speculation may now be moot...Eamonn Ryan may have scuttled the whole charade.
    Green party imploding.

You need to back up your assertions

Leo is on record as saying he did not want to go into Govt.

What ‘game’ is over?

His ‘desperation’ to have a pop at SF is debatable as he knows they are totally irrelevant .

Just trying to ‘stir up’ up unsubstantiated rhetoric and keep the thread alive to continue to punch out unsubstantiated rhetoric against FG doesn’t fool anyone.

Doesn’t butter any parsnips around these parts

No reply to my other message (SHOCK)

I have backed it up, Its plain to see. The people gave Sinn Fein more seats than FG, The people see it too.

If somebody is so irrelevant, why does he feel the need to have a go at them all the time. That is someone scared!

The bit in bold is whats been done and said about SF for years, and came back to bite FG in the arse in the election. Thats a FACT!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

All the speculation may now be moot...Eamonn Ryan may have scuttled the whole charade.
    Green party imploding.

Is this about him dropping the N word? 11 years too late but he might be gone

• Registered Users Posts: 68,829 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Is this about him dropping the N word? 11 years too late but he might be gone

Yes. He seems to have started all out fighting within his own party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Catherine Martin and her husband and her brother must be rubbing their hands together with glee!

The Rhino has just gifted her a couple of hundred extra votes - if not more -for the coming leadership election.

Time for Eamo to fall on his scimitar.

No reply to my other message (SHOCK)

I have backed it up, Its plain to see. The people gave Sinn Fein more seats than FG, The people see it too.

If somebody is so irrelevant, why does he feel the need to have a go at them all the time. That is someone scared!

The bit in bold is whats been done and said about SF for years, and came back to bite FG in the arse in the election. Thats a FACT!

Sinn Fein couldn’t get next or near to forming a govt.and you know it.

All you want is to keep this thread alive so you can pump out you unsubstantiated rhetoric.

Game is up, buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Just catching up with the right old kerfuffle going on within the Greens.

There's a power heave, infighting, and Eamo dropped the N word. :eek:

Do people still think they're going to help form a govt? Really?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Catherine Martin and her husband and her brother must be rubbing their hands together with glee!

The Rhino has just gifted her a couple of hundred extra votes - if not more -for the coming leadership election.

Time for Eamo to fall on his scimitar.

Party chairperson Hazel Chu used it on Twitter a short while back. Bit hypocritical for that to be overlooked...

https://twitter.com/hazechu/status/1160525081417850880

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement