Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,829 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    Just pointing out your blatant overt hypocrisy....again.
    Shooting fish in a barrel.

What hypocrisy is that mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

What hypocrisy is that mark?

Oh please, no. It is a Friday. I do not want to get into a 50 post tussle over what a 'he said, she said'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

satguy wrote: »
    FG may have given some of their rich buddies some tax breaks.

But other than that, they did what FG do best, are their poor hands not numb by now.
    Lots of people (myself included) were 200K (or there abouts) in negative equity when FG came to power. Now very few are.
    Unemployment also very high when FG came to power that no longer the case.
    Only people who lend us money where IMF who told us what to do that is no longer the case.
    The last four years minimum wage has increased.

Fully accept that rents are out of control and something needs to be done. But they tried something with the levies but landlords found ways around that and we need more.

I think FG have done a great job by Irish standards and yes there were mistakes always will be.

But compare Ireland to Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal who were in similar situation when they came to power and they are miles ahead.

Personally, I think they work better in coalition and Labour also did a great job but too a lot of flak. You need a few stronger Ministers at cabinet. There's only so much FG can do on their own.

We're heading into a tough few years now to pick up economy. SF will pretend there is an alternative to austerity and money grows on trees. Unfortunately some people will believe that.

Oh please, no. It is a Friday. I do not want to get into a 50 post tussle over what a 'he said, she said'.

So you were defensively misrepresenting again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Mortelaro wrote: »
    The law of the land is not an accusation
    Its interesting that you are conflating that with accusing FG councillors on Dublin city council of flouting the laws to interfere in housing
    Not an ounce of proof
    No names nothing
    Because you're afraid of being sued and rightly so
    You're a blatherer

You are the only one doing that. I've repeatedly stated why Marko is wrong that FG, the party, the councilors, the government, the Minister of housing, planning and Local authority, FG housing policy and (FG) government housing policy means FG had to play a role.
    You are completely false and not genuine here. You are making up this baloney and then calling me on not backing up the bull****e you concocted.
    On this, you are a liar in effect.

• Advertisement

Because its a fact.

Brilliant stuff, just absolutely brilliant!
    So I take it now that SF have 37 TD's they are more responsible than FG who only have 35 TD...for what happen in the country.

You continue to avoid my points so nobody except your chums are buying your fluff. You keep avoiding that FG, the party, the councilors, the government, the Minister of housing, planning and Local authority, FG housing policy and (FG) government housing policy means FG had to play a role. You are making an arse of yourselves so you can have it both ways. Someone else is responsible for dem that won't work getting luxury apartments in D4, despite it being FG policy and the other parties such as SF and PBP advocating for other options outside of spending tax payer money on luxury D4 apartments.
    blanch152 wrote: »
    Yes, by Bowie’s standards, Sinn Fein are responsible for everything that happens over the next five years

Yet SF have spoken out against the use of renting leasing luxury apartments? You never were credible but you are farcical on this.

Where's your thread on O'Leary praising the Blueshirts or Eamo dropping the 'N' bomb? Selective outrage? We figured it was faux.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Bowie wrote: »
    You continue to avoid my points so nobody except your chums are buying your fluff.

Your points are worth as much as a Debenhams Voucher, to be honest. You should have quit when you made that mistake about SDCC and DCC.

Funny how Varadkar has little regard for the Irish public yet tries to score Facebook likes on social issues. The 'very white' line goes to show he doesn't put much effort into it bar virtue signalling which if anything works against any genuine feeling people may have on the subject.

Your points are worth as much as a Debenhams Voucher, to be honest. You should have quit when you made that mistake about SDCC and DCC.

Come back to me when you want to address FG, the party, the councilors, the government, the Minister of housing, planning and Local authority, FG housing policy and (FG) government housing policy playing no role in social housing allocation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Come back to me when you want to address FG, the party, the councilors, the government, the Minister of housing, planning and Local authority, FG housing policy and (FG) government housing policy playing no role in social housing allocation.

Come back to us when you stop conflating democratically passed legislation with corruption

• Advertisement

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Come back to us when you stop conflating democratically passed legislation with corruption

Never mentioned corruption. That's a lie you created to dodge the practicalities of the relationship between state and LA, funding and government policy.
    It's government policy that a percentage be allocated as social.
    It's FG party and government policy to use private builds including 25 year leases and luxury apartments in D4.
    SF and PBP and others are against the practice. FG is very much for the practice.
    To say such moves when they happen have nothing to do with FG is the biggest load of nonsense I've read on here in some time.
    You actually never took a stance on Marko's claims either way by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,470 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Funny how Varadkar has little regard for the Irish public yet tries to score Facebook likes on social issues. The 'very white' line goes to show he doesn't put much effort into it bar virtue signalling which if anything works against any genuine feeling people may have on the subject.

How do you establish that the Taoiseach has “little regard for the Irish public?”

Could you pop up the stats which back up that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

How do you establish that the Taoiseach has “little regard for the Irish public?”

Well the fact he wont even talk to SF (who 1/4 of the population voted for) he has little regard for the Irish public

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Well the fact he wont even talk to SF (who 1/4 of the population voted for) he has little regard for the Irish public

You can't please all the people all the time,
    You can't please the shinners any of the time.

What’s the point talking to folk whose policies and ideals are diametrically opposed to yours?

‘Sitting down and jawing for months on end and achieving nothing’.

Pretty common SF tactic.

Game is up, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You can't please all the people all the time,
    You can't please the shinners any of the time.

Just curious bishop, seeing as you went multiple posts the other morning sticking to your script.

Did you think Eamon Ryan was racist yesterday when he used the n word?

Will be interesting to hear your thoughts on that one, surely you wouldn't hold Eamon to different standards than that of the bearded one.

Game is up, man.

You say this as the power swap sits talking about a de facto merger to hold on to power.

Game is only beginning Brendan.

The number of homeless families has increased by 166% since April 2015.https://www.focusireland.ie/resource-hub/about-homelessness/
    The vice president of Irish Hospital Consultants Association has said the number of new beds planned by the HSE this year is “like trying to put out a fire with a tea cup”.

There were 760 patients waiting on trolleys in hospital emergency departments or on wards on Monday morning, the worst since records began, according to the Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation (INMO).
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/hospital-beds-crisis-it-s-like-trying-to-put-out-a-fire-with-a-tea-cup-1.4132768
    Number of homeless children in State reaches highest ever level.

Some 3,873 children are now living without a home in Ireland, according to the Department of Housing homeless statistics for September.

This is the highest ever number of children in emergency accommodation to date and surpasses a previous peak of 3,867 children in July 2018.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/number-of-homeless-children-in-state-reaches-highest-ever-level-1.4068302
    First-time buyers on average incomes cannot afford a home in almost half of Ireland’s counties, a new study shows.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/first-time-buyers-cannot-afford-a-home-in-almost-half-of-counties-932778.html

These are pre Covid.
    Despite the above FG persist with policies that exacerbate these problems, therefore IMO, both FG and Varadkar have little regard for the Irish people.

What’s the point talking to folk whose policies and ideals are diametrically opposed to yours?

‘Sitting down and jawing for months on end and achieving nothing’.

Pretty common SF tactic.

Game is up, man.

Your right the game is up. People gave finally seen through FG and FF

These are pre Covid.
    Despite the above FG persist with policies that exacerbate these problems, therefore IMO, both FG and Varadkar have little regard for the Irish people.

So... .lets cut welfare by 40%.

Good with you, man?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Jizique

These are pre Covid.

If you want to reduce inequality and house prices, push interest rates up to 5%; it will be painful but it will reduce inequality

So... .lets cut welfare by 40%.

Good with you, man?

No. Maybe look at not housing people in luxury D4 apartments.
    You asked for stats, you got them.

More grist to the mill that FG don't care about the ordinary citizen:

https://twitter.com/PearseDoherty/status/1271474565609373697

You say this as the power swap sits talking about a de facto merger to hold on to power.

Game is only beginning Brendan.

Like John Voight said to Burt Reynolds in ‘Deliverance’ when he criticized his lifestyle and work’ You make that sound kinda s**tty Lewis”

Hold on to power...!!.. beg to differ dude, a de facto merger to save the country and keep the economy stable is how I see it ,a chara.

“Hold on to power “ is how the coins see it.

“Protect the country “is how the sensible pragmatic folk see it.

I suppose you will ask what that post means now, Francie.:D

You heard me punchy.:D

Like John Voight said to Burt Reynolds in ‘Deliverance’ when he criticized his lifestyle and work’ You make that sound kinda s**tty Lewis”

Hold on to power...!!.. beg to differ dude, a de facto merger to save the country and keep the economy stable is how I see it ,a chara.

No, it is very elegant in it's nonsense.

'Protect' the country'?

Has Covid invested them with new powers? These are the two parties that presided over record breaking crises in C&S and one of them wrecked the country while the other cheered for more in opposition before that. :)

You are having the proverbial laugh here.

Deadly another year or so (as thats all it will last) of Rising Childcare costs, rising rents and house prices, Poor Health System is about to get even worse, Homeless might reach 15,000.

More grist to the mill that FG don't care about the ordinary citizen:

https://twitter.com/PearseDoherty/status/1271474565609373697

Been saying it for a long while.
    Who is this Pearse fellow and to what party is he affiliated? I like the cut of his jib :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Lot of anger on this thread today. Not a good emotion, lads. Chill out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Who is this Pearse fellow and to what party is he affiliated? I like the cut of his jib :)

He is the idiot who was proposing reducing the pension age only a few months ago (yes you read that right). He's not the sharpest tool in the box.

• Advertisement

christy c wrote: »
    He is the idiot who was proposing reducing the pension age only a few months ago (yes you read that right). He's not the sharpest tool in the box.

Correct cc, like when those canny canines, the dogs in the street, know that with longer life expectancy the country can’t afford the current pensions projected exposure.

Every half backed actuarial projection tells you that.

But no, Pearse, with the big lollipop head on him goes populist and ignores all that.

“Shure I’ll be lying back in Gweedore in the big 6 bedroomer with the gold plated wedge every month, before John Q Taxpayer figures out what happened”

Simple innit, Pat will always bite on the short term return.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement