Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

blanch152 wrote: »
    What is undemocratic about this government?

This is unbelievable nonsense. A majority of people cast their votes for the parties forming this government.

Those who didn't want FG in government had the numbers, but they couldn't agree among themselves. In particular, Sinn Fein proclaimed from the mountain-top that they were ready to form a left-leaning government and promptly went into hiding for the next four months.

Try reading what I have said rather than jumping to conclusions.

I quite clearly stated that I am accepting that this government had been democratically formed, even though I would prefer that FG were not part of it.

Do you have english comprehension problems?

I said
    If a government has been formed in a democratic way I am quite happy to accept that.

I did not say
    If a government HAD been formed in a democratic way I am NOT happy to accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I'm not happy with this new formation.

But I am enjoying the illiterate on social media saying this isn't what the people voted for.

I didn't vote for any of these parties so how are they in government seems to be the mantra.

Jesus these people really are clueless and giving them a vote is dangerous.

Its good entertainment though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Ringfencing 2/3 of the transport budget for public transport over roads does not require increasing the transport budget.

Have you seen what the Green Party are proposing?
    The entire budget allocation for Transport, Tourism and Sport in Budget 2020 was 2.7 billion

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/bf4905-ministers-ross-and-griffin-welcome-27-billion-allocation-for-transpo/

Good luck to FG if they think that the Greens will be happy to stick within that budget.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

efanton wrote: »
    Good luck to FG if they think that the Greens will be happy to stick within that budget.

Capital expenditure for Metrolink and BusConnects will already be accounted for. Outside of that there will be a redirection of funds from road building to active transport and public transport. But the Greens will be happy with what they have spent the last 2 months or so negotiating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Oops, a Simon moment there?

Actually I phrase it so in case he's reading, to help him follow along ;)

• Advertisement

Same. I hate it with every fibre of my being. I've voted FG always no matter what, I've defended them no matter what, but I have my own principles and beliefs, I'm not a mug but I feel as though FG leadership has treated me and the other 440,000 people who voted for them in February as one.

If we didn't have the Green nonsense it might be a half decent Government, but it won't be. I'm still hoping against hope the Green membership will reject it, or failing that, FF or FG will do the decent thing before the rest of the country eradicates these parties from Irish political life.

FG have managed to upset a LOT of their voters today.

Is that not contradictory? If you defend and support them 'no matter what', what does that say about your principles and beliefs?

Hubertj wrote: »
    What about the SF TD that broke the travel limit to attend a funeral?

You'll fit in great here :)

FYI: They don't cancel each other out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Bowie wrote: »
    You'll fit in great here :)

FYI: They don't cancel each other out.

Indeed. Only one of them was allowed.

It would be far more serious than that, Francie.

Not going to lie to you about that. Nasty auld stuff. Young lads beaten to death in a shed and left outside the parents house sort of thing.

Long way to go.

You've absolutely no evidence Fine Gael or any other party had a role in that. What's nasty is using a cruel murder to get a little dig into a discussion. I'm sure the family appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

You've absolutely no evidence Fine Gael or any other party had a role in that. What's nasty is using a cruel murder to get a little dig into a discussion. I'm sure the family appreciate it.

I'm sure they do, what a nasty little politician that tryed to blacken the name of the victim.
    What reason do you think he might have had for that?

• Advertisement

I'm sure they do, what a nasty little politician that tryed to blacken the name of the victim.
    What reason do you think he might have had for that?

What has one to do with the other?
    They don't cancel each other out regardless of what Bertie said.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Capital expenditure for Metrolink and BusConnects will already be accounted for. Outside of that there will be a redirection of funds from road building to active transport and public transport. But the Greens will be happy with what they have spent the last 2 months or so negotiating.

The village bus died in the seventies, it's silly trying to revive it, local authorities will be broke paying out on damaged alloys from potholes ,

On the bright side, it's good to see that Big Mac is greased up and ready for battle!

Although I can't help wondering whether she has the stamina to keep fighting for five long frustrating years, when she has to traipse up to West Belfast every few weeks to receive instructions from the Party bosses meet Michelle and tell her what to do in Stormont as well attending IRA commemorations.

How will FG manage to run interference for the rabbit residence gentleman now, no FG justice minister to interfere with evidence and trials

The Free State know plenty as well. :eek:

Maybe that evidence went up in smoke in Lunnys van as well,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

And you’ve some neck coming out with that:
    So he got the ML treatment but folded. The lad was hardly off to study group when he met with these criminals. Anyway it'll fall out of the news cycle and the minds of FF/FG after the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Indeed. Only one of them was allowed.

Correct, and it wasn't the Sinn Fein TD attending the funeral that was allowed.

Neither was the funeral of the Sinn Fein councillor in the North allowed, but the PSNI just let that happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

That post is a nasty piece of work. There was only one party that blackened the name of the victim, and that have refused to apologise. Mealy-mouthed excuses as usual from their propaganda machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

50,000 free houses planned for the next five years. Give it a few more months, housing will be hot topic number one Again... they literally never learn , its affordable housing for working people that is needed with resources. Not 50,000 free houses, many of them for the pyjama brigade 4eva home Gang :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

• Registered Users Posts: 19,470 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Idbatterim wrote: »
    50,000 free houses planned for the next five years. Give it a few more months, housing will be hot too number one Again... they literally never learn , its affordable housing for working people that is needed with resources. Not 50,000 free houses, many of them for the pyjama brigade 4eva home Gang :rolleyes:

Correct, the pajama brigade have bled the state enough.

Time they contributed a wee bit,eh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Correct, the pajama brigade have bled the state enough.

Time they contributed a wee bit,eh.

How when workers are being squeezed more and more, how they think it's ok to hand out a rated new homes to some, while other workers live in kips, paying for this madness, no chance of home ownership themselves, is beyond me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭satguy

They were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off !!

Not the whole country,, after the GE, Leo said that, him and his gang were heading fo the opposition benches, Now it seems they just took back seats.
    Back seats to their bicycle pedaling tree hugging ALT FG brothers.

And while MM will do or say anything just to be Taoiseach,, even if its only for a few weeks, it allows him to tick that all important box.

This Frankenstein's Monster of a government, will do what monsters always do,,, destroy everything,, How that rest of FF are happy with this is beyond me..

tobsey wrote: »
    And you’ve some neck coming out with that:

One has nothing to do with the other. I'm of the opinion he was involved in criminality should you wish to discuss it. Using his murder in an unrelated discussion to try score a dig is nasty and not the same at all.
    And even if you disagree, they too don't cancel each other out. You can't defend one by using another example, if that's your effort here.

blanch152 wrote: »
    That post is a nasty piece of work. There was only one party that blackened the name of the victim, and that have refused to apologise. Mealy-mouthed excuses as usual from their propaganda machine.

From the man insults the Irish public, spouts unrelated guff and runs away when called on it.
    You gave a link to an article on unemployment figures when asked to back up your claims on them that don't want to work getting luxury D4 apartments and the like. You were called on it, you ran away.
    You posted how Covid number 19 showed us that the homeless and sick in A&E were mostly chancers. When shown this wasn't the case, you ran away.
    When FG councilor O'Leary showed admiration for fascists you remained silent. When Varadkar said the civil service was very white, you were silent. When Eamo dropped the 'N' bomb you were silent.
    Now you are laughingly attempting to take some form of moral high ground? :)
    I did not bring his murder up in an unrelated discussion to try score a point. I didn't 'thank' that post either :rolleyes:

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Mortelaro wrote: »
    Twitter politically is a cess pit of anonymous mis information campaigns and troll farms

You might have a point ;)

Lets get the longest serving FG no mandate to lead chissler in to sort his mess :rolleyes:

For the last 5 years FG have been a minority government, only in place with help form FF.... ( WHY ? )
    They just wont take the hint that we want them to go forth and multiply.

Then we have a GE, and this time its not just a hint,, Voters drop them down to just 35 seats, a clear message that we really do want them to go forth and multiply.

Now after 5 months or so of Leo still hanging around like a bad smell, FF and GP are going to let FG hang around for another 5 years.

While this may be par for the course for the GP,,, I can not work out in my head how FF think this is a good idea,, and I'm sure their voters will be asking them the same question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

satguy wrote: »
    For the last 5 years FG have been a minority government, only in place with help form FF.... ( WHY ? )
    They just wont take the hint that we want them to go forth and multiply.

Then we have a GE, and this time its not just a hint,, Voters drop them down to just 35 seats, a clear message that we really do want them to go forth and multiply.

Now after 5 months or so of Leo still hanging around like a bad smell, FF and GP are going to let FG hang around for another 5 years.

While this may be par for the course for the GP,,, I can not work out in my head how FF think this is a good idea,, and I'm sure their voters will be asking them the same question.

How are you so sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

Edgware wrote: »
    Its allright. Martin will be Taoiseach. If in a couple of years the tree huggers start wondering why their policies are not being implemented they can pull the plug and get a hammering from the electorate. Martin will have been Taoiseach and Sinn Fein will be another two years into deep cleansing and FF might even give them a spin on the gravy train.

but, if Mehaill Martininski gets in, firstly they will gallop over to Europe for all the free Euros that they can maul down (in the name of 'deh Country'); then distribute this to their Builder pals, who will then make a maximum profit for themselves; And then, ensure that their Own F.F. voters are looked after firstly in regard to social services.
    After all, nearly a Billion Euros was given last year, 2019, to Investors' Private Housing; mostly owned by f.f./f.g./lab., and adherents.

• Advertisement

Edgware wrote: »
    How are you so sure?

Because the small time builders, accidental landlords, small farmers and part time publicans, that are the traditional FF voters,, have nothing in common with FG voters.

FF should hang their heads in shame,, on what they are about to do,, I really think it will hurt them more than they can ever know..

FG are the wide boys,, EX solicitors, accounts and newspaper business editors,, maybe the odd Doctor,, and will eat FF alive..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement