Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Well by your standards,which is all Blanch is sarcastically using,she lied right there because she didn't bother negotiating with the majority of the Dáil who aren't FF or FG

I'd be kinder though and say,she too cannot lie about the future

You are correct, she lied about her government formation intentions. She never spoke seriously to any party, having promised to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Chemo Wards Closed

Schools Closed

Pubs Open. Monday week ya boy ya

Thats how FG are handling the crisis currently

You should be on primetime and virgin media every night with your lines
    The Sinn féin vote would moon rocket...
    Presenters would be congratulating you non stop on all your facts and skills on how things are done...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

blanch152 wrote: »
    You are correct, she lied about her government formation intentions. She never spoke seriously to any party, having promised to do so.

How do you know who she spoke too or what they spoke about?

Another made up fantasy. Hows them apples?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Well be fair now Blanch
    Noone can lie about the future
    Just like swaps are only swaps if they're consensual

How do you know who she spoke too or what they spoke about?

Another made up fantasy. Hows them apples?

PBP wrote to her complaining she hadn't contacted them.

Apples are better than the lemons you are sucking.

• Advertisement

Well be fair now Blanch
    Noone can lie about the future
    Just like swaps are only swaps if they're consensual

I know that, you know that, but that isn't the standard applied around here.

Take some politician's statement, twist it to mean what you want it to say, Eureka, they are a liar. That's how it goes.

There is one exception - Sinn Fein politicians - they get a free pass, even when they are proven liars. Gerry Adams tells one story to Spotlight, another story to a court, and it is all ok, because he was never convicted or perjury, but he is still the only proven liar among politicians.

So you dont know who she spoke too or talked too, only 1 party said they never spoke to her. Fair enough

You should be on primetime and virgin media every night with your lines
    The Sinn féin vote would moon rocket...
    Presenters would be congratulating you non stop on all your facts and skills on how things are done...

I wouldnt be a politician. Couldnt be in the same room as liars who feel they are doing a great job (stats regarding housing, homeless tell a diff story)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Chemo Wards Closed

Schools Closed

Pubs Open. Monday week ya boy ya

Thats how FG are handling the crisis currently

Your posts are so filled with hyperbolic nonsense & lies that it is genuinely becoming worrying.

Chemo wards were not closed.
    Schools issue is that they have been left closed so as to facilitate the new school year starting properly rather than having 2 messed up years- the hope is to have 1.

Pubs are opening in line with the recommendations and also inline with other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Here is a much different quote from her, just after the election too:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/mary-lou-mcdonald-the-idea-of-fianna-fail-and-fine-gael-being-returned-again-for-five-years-is-unthinkable-982194.html

"The idea of Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael being returned again for five years is unthinkable,” she said"

Yet, now, she complains that they won't talk to her.

FF/FG in coalition is a nightmare scenario for many people...a lot of your fellow Greens, north and south too, it seems.

It is not, sadly for you, saying, she would not talk to either of them as single parties.

• Advertisement

And the lie again.

Where in this letter is there a 'complaint she hadn't contacted them'?

https://www.pbp.ie/open-letter-to-sinn-fein/

And the lie again.

Where in this letter is there a 'complaint she hadn't contacted them'?

https://www.pbp.ie/open-letter-to-sinn-fein/

Thank you Francie, for providing the evidence that backs up my earlier statement.

The letter from PBP states:

"Prior to the outbreak of Covid-19 in Ireland, we had reached quite an advanced stage in our efforts with you and other left independents to develop such a programme, and while a pause in those discussions was inevitable in the context of the health emergency, we believe we should now resume those efforts with a view to finalising that programme and presenting it to the public."

So, what that letter confirms, is that since the outbreak of Covid-19, Sinn Fein have not been talking to any party - a period of two months at the time of writing - which backs up my statement that she never talked seriously to any party, abandoning the talks at the first excuse.

It is not like they were working to save people's lives or anything like that.

We can leave it there, now that we have proven one aspect of Mary-Lou's lies.

Let's remember where this started. You and others started throwing around accusations of Micheal Martin being a liar. Now, I don't have much time for the man, but the standards you were using were so low that it is clear that every politician would be a liar. Now, having proven Mary-Lou to be a liar in accordance with your pedantic standards, maybe you would rethink your approach.

Your posts are so filled with hyperbolic nonsense & lies that it is genuinely becoming worrying.

Chemo wards were not closed.
    Schools issue is that they have been left closed so as to facilitate the new school year starting properly rather than having 2 messed up years- the hope is to have 1.

Pubs are opening in line with the recommendations and also inline with other countries.

Meant to say Cancer Screenings my apologies.

Schools should be back open now and before now (like they have been all over Europe)

We can all go pub in 2 weeks, get pissed with our mates and come home to our kids, but dont you dare send them to school

Thank you Francie, for providing the evidence that backs up my earlier statement.

"Prior to the outbreak of Covid-19 in Ireland, we had reached quite an advanced stage in our efforts with you and other left independents to develop such a programme, and while a pause in those discussions was inevitable in the context of the health emergency, we believe we should now resume those efforts with a view to finalising that programme and presenting it to the public."

So, what that letter confirms, is that since the outbreak of Covid-19, Sinn Fein have not been talking to any party - a period of two months at the time of writing - which backs up my statement that she never talked seriously to any party, abandoning the talks at the first excuse.

Let's remember where this started. You and others started throwing around accusations of Micheal Martin being a liar. Now, I don't have much time for the man, but the standards you were using were so low that it is clear that every politician would be a liar. Now, having proven Mary-Lou to be a liar in accordance with your pedantic standards, maybe you would rethink your approach.
    You would love it if it was left there.
    Loads of waffle but no back up for another of your lies.

An out and out lie.

You would love it if it was left there.
    Loads of waffle but no back up for another of your lies.

An out and out lie.

Let's agree that Mary-Lou is a liar first, as you are not challenging that conclusion, and then we can discuss whether or not I am one too.

If it took some subterfuge to get the evidence to show that Mary-Lou is a liar, I can live with your label.

Let's agree that Mary-Lou is a liar first, as you are not challenging that conclusion, and then we can discuss whether or not I am one too.

If it took some subterfuge to get the evidence to show that Mary-Lou is a liar, I can live with your label.

This sums up SF recently

"Night seems darkest just before the dawn, Through dissention Ireland is reborn"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Nursing home infection numbers released,
    Not good

Nursing home infection numbers released,
    Not good

ah sure thats not FGs problem. Nothing to see here. Sweep Sweep

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

ah sure thats not FGs problem. Nothing to see here. Sweep Sweep

Compared to the wider community the figures are extremely high, Varadker promised the old and frail would be protected which didn't happen.
    Heads need to roll over this and I think Harris' should be the first

You have accused her of being a liar about who she would go into government with.
    That has been shown to have been a lie.

You have said that PBP 'complained that she hadn't contacted them'...also shown to be a lie.

I don't know if MLMD is a liar or not, but you have not shown that she is.

I have shown twice on this occasion alone, that you have lied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭celt262

Fair play to you Francie I dont think there is another man in the country who carries out his political duties from morning to night as good as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Blanch are you out of your mind?
    There's been plenty of weak arguments thrown about but that has to qualify as one of the weakest.
    Date of election 8th February
    Date of first covid case in Ireland 29th February, 3 WEEKS LATER

You claim that SF did not contact PBP but then clearly state, and prove, that they did have discussions about forming a government.

Has it occurred to you that SF having contacted all possible coalition partners, and Labour clearly stating that they were not going to enter any collation with any party that the numbers simply were not the to reach the 80 seats required to form a government.

Seat won in the Dail
    SF 37
    Lab 6
    SOL-PBP 6
    Green 12
    SD 6
    AON 1
    Joan Collns 1
    IND 19

TOTAL 88 SEATS

So without LABOUR agreeing how was it at all possible to form a government that did not include FF or FG?
    Even if LAB had agreed they would still have to persuade every party other than FF or FG and 11 of the Independents to form a government. Getting that many Independents on board would have been a challenge at the best of times.

The only possible governments that could be formed other than the remotely possible one outlined above were a FG/FF government, a SF/FF government, or a very unlikely SF/FG government

It seems you might think yourself capable of manipulating simple words, but obviously totally incapable of simple arithmetic.

If the party members votes on the proposed FF/FG/Green coalition fails the the only viable alternative would be a SF/FF government or a new election

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It's a huge achievement for the country, Brendan. I'd agree that it doesn't mean much to the lads who think about the parish pump, the next Wolfe Tones gig, and the price of diesel.

But on an international stage this is a big deal. Well done to our civil service (I know you might not agree with that one).

Do you see the Irony of yourself and Bren? You posted some positive good news, (which I thanked). And before anyone could say anything both of you jumped in to make a negative out of a positive inferring anyone who isn't a FG supporter would make a disinterested negative of it. Sad that youse can't even smell the flowers for five minutes without laying on the manure, (apologises if that's one of yours Brendan).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

You are mistaken.

The theme of the next election will be who is ready to go into government and step up to the plate. Only three parties have shown the necessary appetite. The others have stood around whistling in the wind.

The theme will be austerity, a quango, Siteserv conclusion giving us 'recommendations', the aftermath of Covid number 19 and it being used by FF/FG to look after their own. For as we know while it's difficult decisions affecting the tax payer, it's business as usual for the boys.
    The homeless numbers are down for the last three months in a row.

Link?

Here's mine for May of this year:
    Family homelessness quadrupled in space of six years as crisis in housing spiralled
    For the past year, the total number of homeless adults and children in the country has hovered around 10,000, more than three times the figure when the Department of Housing began standardising data collection in 2014.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/family-homelessness-quadrupled-in-space-of-six-years-as-crisis-in-housing-spiralled-39202369.html

And because of Covid number 19, we've seen a stay:
    “We know that there are many individuals and families who were on the brink of homelessness who have been supported to remain in their home due to the moratorium on evictions for the duration of the crisis. Once the health crisis eases, we need to ensure that there are preventative supports in place to help these families and individuals stay out of homeless emergency accommodation.”

Similarly, Focus Ireland chief executive Pat Dennigan said the fall in the number had been “widely predicted” not just because of the anti-eviction measures but also the number of Airbnb lettings coming back onto the rental market.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/number-of-homeless-people-drops-below-10-000-amid-covid-19-measures-1.4242217

Can you cut the codology using the fallout of Covid number 19, where people died by the way, to support FG? I expect that's another theme we'll get from FG apologists alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Bowie wrote: »
    The theme will be austerity, a quango, Siteserv conclusion giving us 'recommendations', the aftermath of Covid number 19 and it being used by FF/FG to look after their own. For as we know while it's difficult decision effecting the tax payer, it's business as usual for the boys.

Link?

Can you cut the codology using Covid number 19 to support FG? I expect that's another theme we'll get from FG apologists alright.

I don't think it's covid number 19 you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Those of you here in FG head office. Much to say on the zero extra prison spaces to lock up scum you provided ? Didnt so , too busy trying to bloat the welfare budget more... than pay for more prison spaces to lock up dangerous scum...

Bowie wrote: »
    The theme will be austerity, a quango, Siteserv conclusion giving us 'recommendations', the aftermath of Covid number 19 and it being used by FF/FG to look after their own. For as we know while it's difficult decisions affecting the tax payer, it's business as usual for the boys.

Link?

Can you cut the codology using the fallout of Covid number 19, where people died by the way, to support FG? I expect that's another theme we'll get from FG apologists alright.

Could you cut the codology of using statements from the poverty industry who have a vested interest in ensuring the country is miserable?

You claim to be against vested interests, yet you use them as much as you possibly can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭thomasdylan

Meant to say Cancer Screenings my apologies.

I hate it when I say 'Chemo ward closed' but meant to say that some cancer screenings were suspended.

It makes me look like I don't really know what I'm taking about.

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Those of you here in FG head office. Much to say on the zero extra prison spaces to lock up scum you provided ? Didnt so , too busy trying to bloat the welfare budget more... than pay for more prison spaces to lock up dangerous scum...

FG are often called right wing/fascist by some on here and you are accusing them of the complete opposite?

This pointless vitriol that keeps being lobbed about with regard to the government is f*ckin painful.

So you are sick of FG's left wing policies, is that what you are saying?

• Advertisement

I hate it when I say 'Chemo ward closed' but meant to say that some cancer screenings were suspended.

It makes me look like I don't really know what I'm taking about.

Or that I'm trying to whip people into a frenzy of anger and hoping that noone calls me out on it.

Baiting at it's finest

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement