Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I hate it when I say 'Chemo ward closed' but meant to say that some cancer screenings were suspended.

It makes me look like I don't really know what I'm taking about.

Kind of a "18 covid viruses before covid 19" moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

blanch152 wrote: »
    Let's agree that Mary-Lou is a liar first, as you are not challenging that conclusion, and then we can discuss whether or not I am one too.

If it took some subterfuge to get the evidence to show that Mary-Lou is a liar, I can live with your label.

The only person lying here is yourself

where is your evidence that Mary Lou was lying?

There no point even discussing you are a liar, you even proved that in your own post for god sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Lot of anger here today, she’s starting to spin out of control.

Maybe time to.........y’know....pull the trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Dudes should sign up for a meditation app or something, Brendan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I don't think it's covid number 19 you know!

This again?
    Oops, a Simon moment there?
    Bowie wrote: »
    Actually I phrase it so in case he's reading, to help him follow along ;)

Could you cut the codology of using statements from the poverty industry who have a vested interest in ensuring the country is miserable?

You claim to be against vested interests, yet you use them as much as you possibly can.

More dodging. Where's your link(s)? I supplied two. One cites the Department of Housing or is this one of those times were Gino from PBP or whatever calls the shots?
    I note you ignored the people welcoming the drop in numbers, despite it being Covid number 19 related.

• Advertisement

FG are often called right wing/fascist by some on here and you are accusing them of the complete opposite?

This pointless vitriol that keeps being lobbed about with regard to the government is f*ckin painful.

So you are sick of FG's left wing policies, is that what you are saying?

What passes as liberal sometimes coincidentally makes the most money for private business. Luxury apartments leased for 25 years for example.
    Their willingness to oversee record breaking societal crises for private profit would dispel such thoughts.

We know at least one current Fine Gael Councilor, (O'Leary) admires fascists. And FG cosy up to people who think Asylum seekers should be sent to education camps if they need the numbers and another thinks Irish people protesting are similar to ISIS and the party has fascist roots, not forgetting Oliver J. Flanagan the celebrated antisemite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

What passes as liberal sometimes coincidentally makes the most money for private business. Luxury apartments leased for 25 years for example.
    Their willingness to oversee record breaking societal crises for private profit would dispel such thoughts.

We know at least one current Fine Gael Councilor, (O'Leary) admires fascists. And FG cosy up to people who think Asylum seekers should be sent to education camps if they need the numbers and another thinks Irish people protesting are similar to ISIS and the party has fascist roots, not forgetting Oliver J. Flanagan the celebrated antisemite.

Your post is a pile of irrelevant waffle

Read his post - those right wingers and their bloated social welfare budget

Dudes should sign up for a meditation app or something, Brendan.

Hard to know John. Hard to know...lot of anger...

Have you any of that Patchuli oil stuff lying around in the bedsit?

Maybe we could have a ‘burn off’ and calm things down.

Y’know like the beekeepers smoke up the bees to calm the fchukers down.

Maybe a senior Mod might could do that on this thread?

Be a very good intervention, in this posters opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

We have FF TD's warning about the imminent demise of FF if the coalesce with FG.
    We have FG in alleged data breaches warning about the rise of SF if members vote for this wishlist.
    We have green TD's also warning about handing the power to SF.
    We have posters who claim steadfastly to know about how SF works getting in a strop about not knowing how the party they votes for works (the Green Northern vote) and getting caught out telling transparent lies about...guess who?...SF..

Yeh Brendan...loads of anger and fear in the hood! :)

We have FF TD's warning about the imminent demise of FF if the coalesce with FG.
    We have FG in alleged data breaches warning about the rise of SF if members vote for this wishlist.
    We have posters who claim steadfastly to know about how SF works getting in a strop about not knowing how the party they votes for works (the Green Northern vote) and getting caught out telling transparent lies about...guess who?...SF..

What are the PAC lads saying Francie ?

• Advertisement

What are the PAC lads saying Francie ?

Public Accounts Committee? No idea Brendan...why?

Public Accounts Committee? No idea Brendan...why?

Just wondering......

Just wondering......

Is there one even in situ at the minute?

Why it would have anything to do with this defeats me though.

Is there one even in situ at the minute?

Why it would have anything to do with this defeats me though.

Uhmmm ..... maybe toss Garda HQ a bell, they could give you a solid, dude.

Your post is a pile of irrelevant waffle

Read his post - those right wingers and their bloated social welfare budget

I did. I was giving 'fair comment' on any fascist connections past or present.
    A bloated welfare system funnels money to private business rather than any more cost effective alternatives. If the tax payer wasn't funding private profits with rent allowances and 25 year leases where would the money come from?
    The more cost effective state aid becomes the less profits for landlord investment companies and individual landlords, be they TD or accidental.

Uhmmm ..... maybe toss Garda HQ a bell, they could give you a solid, dude.

You are off on the cryptic juice again Brendan.

I'm sure it does have some connection to your boogeymen but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

A bloated welfare system funnels money to private business rather than any more cost effective alternatives. If the tax payer wasn't funding private profits with rent allowances and 25 year leases where would the money come from?
    The more cost effective state aid becomes the less profits for landlord investment companies and individual landlords, be they TD or accidental.

But you can infer connections from any government policy as the economy is, by its nature, interconnected.

You could say welfare payments are causing hospital waiting times to go up as poorer people spend a larger proportion of their income on alcohol and alcohol is a major cause of hospital admissions so if we cancel the dole then hospitals will be free.

We could go in circles on that stuff all day but it is very rare that you hear the party that is perceived as our most right wing being called out for increasing social welfare payments.

To be honest it smacks of needing something to criticise them for but not knowing what you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

not the foggiest what your reply refers to, but: what I think you mean, is; 'A bloated "Investors' welfare ", system.'

As a massive percentage of 'Welfare' is given directly to..... Investors; and perhaps should be referred to and termed as "Investor Welfare".

• Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

To be honest it smacks of needing something to criticise them for but not knowing what you are talking about.

There is a lot of that around, some people are very disappointed tonight after Catherine Martin backed the deal.

You are off on the cryptic juice again Brendan.

I'm sure it does have some connection to your boogeymen but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Francie, you seem to develop a kind of a ‘wall’ every time someone pops you on the griddle.

You like to hack those whom you oppose but are very thin and vacuous when put on the spot.

You don’t fool genuine posters, dude.

Figure that one out.

Game is up.

• Advertisement

If anyone knows what Brendan is referring to when he says 'PAC', could they let me know.
    I have never quite come across as weird a debater as Brendan, goes into cryptic mode for some reason best known to himself.

But you can infer connections from any government policy as the economy is, by its nature, interconnected.

You could say welfare payments are causing hospital waiting times to go up as poorer people spend a larger proportion of their income on alcohol and alcohol is a major cause of hospital admissions so if we cancel the dole then hospitals will be free.

We could go in circles on that stuff all day but it is very rare that you hear the party that is perceived as our most right wing being called out for increasing social welfare payments.

We could. I made my point.

There is a lot of that around, some people are very disappointed tonight after Catherine Martin backed the deal.

Be odd if she didn't. Wasn't she the Green's main negotiator?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

She is the absolute least of the greens worries, it's the northern contingent and youth wing they need to worry about, then there's the TDs and party members in the rest of the country publicly opposing it, but I think the youth wing and northern contingent could sink it on their own.

Could add a couple to your list.....

We have Sinn Fein spluttering and crying about how nobody will talk to them, while they ignore those that try.
    We have posters going after other posters because their shrill criticisms of others rebound on their favourite Sinn Fein.

Could add a couple to your list.....

We have Sinn Fein spluttering and crying about how nobody will talk to them, while they ignore those that try.
    We have posters going after other posters because their shrill criticisms of others rebound on their favourite Sinn Fein.

Who's 'spluttering and crying'? They won't talk to SF and deserve to be criticised for the power grabbers they are.

They are playing into SF's hands no matter which way the cookie crumbles...I think that is where the anger and frustration is coming from.
    Mort thinks that FF and FG will have gained votes by term end. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Who's 'spluttering and crying'? They won't talk to SF and deserve to be criticised for the power grabbers they are.

They are playing into SF's hands no matter which way the cookie crumbles...I think that is where the anger and frustration is coming from.
    Mort thinks that FF and FG will have gained votes by term end. :):)

We might well be back in the fray in a week, be interesting if we are.
    I think SF are praying the greens pass it.

We might well be back in the fray in a week, be interesting if we are.
    I think SF are praying the greens pass it.

Would be interesting in the first leaders debate when all 7 or 8 of them line up, and they are asked who got serious about discussing a Programme for Government. Would Mary-Lou be able to lie her way out of that?

Would be interesting in the first leaders debate when all 7 or 8 of them line up, and they are asked who got serious about discussing a Programme for Government. Would Mary-Lou be able to lie her way out of that?

And the Greens are there laughing at the word 'serious'? :)

If this programme fails questions will be asked why it did. The answers to that will be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I can hear her now, with a near crying voice, "we in Sinn Fein were the only ones serious about trying to form a government, but no one would talk to us".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement