Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

FG are often called right wing/fascist by some on here and you are accusing them of the complete opposite?

This pointless vitriol that keeps being lobbed about with regard to the government is f*ckin painful.

So you are sick of FG's left wing policies, is that what you are saying?

Right wing ? Looooool! I go to the states quite a bit , I'd be seen as left wing over! The Tories in the uk would be centre right .... they are on another level to the right compared to fg.... fg rip off housing is morally corrupt and depraved, but go on , support the free luxury a rated housing for some that most of us cant afford.... go on....

Excuse the farce of law and order , health , Infrastructure, housing here.... is the excuse that dumb and dumber have only had nearly 100 years in government and two massive booms recently?

Most of my mates in relationship on good bit over hundred k combined salary could only buy decent home in decent areas of Dublin with one or two exceptions, after a deposit bailout from parents usually. I'll go mad and suggest if it wasnt for free travel , medical card , welfare bonus , free housing , nothing they will ever benefit from , they wouldn't have to have borrowed from their folks. And if the folks cant bail then out , their ****ed. What's your solution, let them commute 2 hours minimum each day to some kip and have the 4eva home brigade beside good Infrastructure and employment opportunities beside dundrum town centre and luas ? Paying a " rent " lol, that wouldn't t cover the management fee , if they are bothered paying rent with free money , spare me!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Right wing ? Looooool! I go to the states quite a bit , I'd be seen as left wing over! The Tories in the uk would be centre right .... they are on another level to the right compared to fg.... fg rip off housing is morally corrupt and depraved, but go on , support the free luxury a rated housing for some that most of us cant afford.... go on....

Excuse the farce of law and order , health , Infrastructure, housing here.... is the excuse that dumb and dumber have only had nearly 100 years in government and two massive booms recently?

Most of my mates in relationship on good bit over hundred k combined salary could only buy decent home in decent areas of Dublin with one or two exceptions, after a deposit bailout from parents usually. I'll go mad and suggest if it wasnt for free travel , medical card , welfare bonus , free housing , nothing they will ever benefit from , they wouldn't have to have borrowed from their folks. And if the folks cant bail then out , their ****ed. What's your solution, let them commute 2 hours minimum each day to some kip and have the 4eva home brigade beside good Infrastructure and employment opportunities beside dundrum town centre and luas ? Paying a " rent " lol, that wouldn't t cover the management fee , if they are bothered paying rent with free money , spare me!

WTF.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

You proved pog's point right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

You proved pog's point right there.

I was planning on just ignoring the poster to be honest.

Deranged, pointless, uninformed rant

• Registered Users Posts: 16,434 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

WTF.....

A compassionate soul once posted on another thread:
    Idbatterim, you're going to give yourself a seizure one of these days. You'll be found slumped over your laptop, with a thread about Margret Cash open on your browser. Is that how you want to go out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

So any costing done for this PFG or is a raid on the taxpayers pocket fair game when it's FFG trying to buy power? The same lads that were screaming about the SF manifesto being Shinnernomincs are very quiet at the moment. I know Covid has changed things but surely surely their concerns about costing still stand?!

smurgen wrote: »
    So any costing done for this PFG or is a raid on the taxpayers pocket fair game when it's FFG trying to buy power? The same lads that were screaming about the SF manifesto being Shinnernomincs are very quiet at the moment. I know Covid has changed things but surely surely their concerns about costing still stand?!

No they're going to magic it up, just like SF:).
    Of course SF are going to spend their own money, not the taxpayers, much better.

There's probably a bit of a raid on the tax player required to even stand still, after how the last few months have gone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Green household ( poll tax) tax for next budget? 1 000 to 1500 a year? 2"Tory parties in government

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

There's gonna be a massive budget deficit after covid. There's gonna be taxes. Simples.

• Advertisement

I was planning on just ignoring the poster to be honest.

Deranged, pointless, uninformed rant

Please, which bit is uninformed?

Look, it is blatant that they can all magic money out if their ass , fg claiming to be a party of prudence or workers , standup comedy! That was clear fo me well before the election....

It's why I voted af in the election , all stand up comedy acts in terms of financial prudence. All supporting a massive anti worker welfare state , but af might do something about housing for the rest of us... not just pyjama society... like fg bend over backwards for and leave rekatuvemy low to mid income earners screwed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Look, it is blatant that they can all magic money out if their ass , fg claiming to be a party of prudence or workers , standup comedy! That was clear fo me well before the election....

It's why I voted af in the election , all stand up comedy acts in terms of financial prudence. All supporting a massive anti worker welfare state , but af might do something about housing for the rest of us... not just pyjama society... like fg bend over backwards for and leave rekatuvemy low to mid income earners screwed!

Dude, no one actually reads your stream of consciousness gibberish.

Sorry to break it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Green household ( poll tax) tax for next budget? 1 000 to 1500 a year? 2"Tory parties in government

The Green Party conference must be going badly for the naysayers, the smell of desperation in here is palpable.

Dude, no one actually reads your stream of consciousness gibberish.

Sorry to break it to you.

The few hundred thousand that deserted fg in the election, just did it for the laugh did they ?

The few hundred thousand that deserted fg in the election, just did it for the laugh did they ?

People like the sound of something for nothing.....or as you put it '.....might do something about housing for the rest of us...'

Your p1ssed off you aren't coupled up?
    Left parties will only make issues worse for people who work...... Anyone thinking otherwise is deluded... There's a few hundred thousand of them admittedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

public sector workers. They have their Diplomas, Certificates, BA's. And Labels (for Votes) are dreamed up...CEO., Clerk 1, Clerk grade 3, Supervisor 1, Deputy Supervisor - there is barely a ha'paworth of difference between most of these 'Labels'.
    Fine Gael (and F.F. etc.), when in Govt. then dream up More 'Labels' (Votes).
    This rebounds then on Fine Gael, as, there is such a massive stock of these fabricated Labels (in HSE, etc.).
    So, it is not then that Fine Gael, etc. are 'left'; it is that they have deliberately made the 'left' Voted so massive.
    And these parties need to give these 'Labels' (Votes), Material to deliberate on, to work on; the poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

public sector workers. They have their Diplomas, Certificates, BA's. And Labels (for Votes) are dreamed up...CEO., Clerk 1, Clerk grade 3, Supervisor 1, Deputy Supervisor - there is barely a ha'paworth of difference between most of these 'Labels'.
    Fine Gael (and F.F. etc.), when in Govt. then dream up More 'Labels' (Votes).
    This rebounds then on Fine Gael, as, there is such a massive stock of these fabricated Labels (in HSE, etc.).
    So, it is not then that Fine Gael, etc. are 'left'; it is that they have deliberately made the 'left' Voted so massive.
    And these parties need to give these 'Labels' (Votes), Material to deliberate on, to work on; the poor.

Those' labels' as you call them are pay grades. and there is far more than a 'ha'paworth' between them. FF/FG will be sure to look after the civil servants but only those who get to make decisions, hence the need to segregate the civil service using labels or pay-grades.

The biggest problem FG have is that claim austerity is over and the country has 'recovered'. While they are talking of potential tax cuts for those who earn enough to pay the higher rate of tax, those that are working and dont even earn close to paying the higher rate of tax have seen absolutely no benefit whatsoever from FG polices, indeed many are no better off then they were when austerity measures were in full swing.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/programme-for-government-will-leave-many-languishing-in-poverty-warns-anti-poverty-network-1006108.html
    EAPN has cautioned against austerity politics, warning that almost 700,000 people were at risk of poverty before the current crisis.

There certainly was not 700,000 on the dole or living of social welfare before the covid crisis, and it is those that do work but are included in that number that have made the swing away from FF/FG so significant.

But we all know FG are not at all interested in raising the threshold of the lower band of tax, or raising the minimum wage to a level where people can be self sufficient and live with a bit of dignity, any tax adjustment will always be made to benefit the upper half of the pay scale.

Under FG the poverty gap has and will continue to grow.
    Rents have increased, cost of lining has increased, young couples can no longer dream of owning their own home, and all the while FG have been trying to convince people it would be so much worse if they were not in power. You can only tell the same lie so many times before people realise they can no longer believe you.

Its got to the point now where even those in what were reasonably well paid unskilled labour jobs (retail, office workers, production line, hotels and pubs, nursing assistants, etc) find it very hard to pay their way. There is and will continue to be an inevitable backlash.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I hate to break it to you, but under no government will homelessness disappear. Equally, many countries have issues with high rents.

Is there any country in the world not on its knees by your metrics out of curiosity? It is absurd hyperbole.

Dublin has been rated the most expensive city in the Eurozone due to it's rents by Mercer. Eurostat figures show rents increased by 40 percent since 2007. Double the European average. So yes it's a significantly acute problem that is worse than other countries.

FG presided over a social disaster all over their own making, and a lot of people are p*ssed off. What's more there are enough smugglepuffs (usually Fine Gaelers) trying to p*ss down everyones leg saying it didn't happen and get their knickers in a twist when they get hammered on it.

I hate to break all this to you of course...

Please, which bit is uninformed?

The part you typed out

Man your rants are contradictory & kind of worrying.

There’s no point to then and you seem to dislike FG and you seem to dislike left wing social welfarism so all I can garner from that is you’re an angry guy undertaking scattergun attacks

• Advertisement

efanton wrote: »

Its got to the point now where even those in what were reasonably well paid unskilled labour jobs (retail, office workers, production line, hotels and pubs, nursing assistants, etc) find it very hard to pay their way. There is and will continue to be an inevitable backlash.

Most of them are minimum wage jobs +20% ........... that's not reasonably well paid .......... if your job can be done by a student on their summer break you can't expect to be paid overly fantastically tbh.

Back in 1996/1997 where I worked (retail, DIY stores etc) many of the folk were on under IR£160/week and they found it hard to pay their way also........ you get experience and you move on to better things.

Lots of folk on low wages qualify for HAP btw so they can be doing better then folk paying the higher rate of tax.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Dublin has been rated the most expensive city in the Eurozone due to it's rents by Mercer. Eurostat figures show rents increased by 40 percent since 2007. Double the European average. So yes it's a significantly acute problem that is worse than other countries.

FG presided over a social disaster all over their own making, and a lot of people are p*ssed off. What's more there are enough smugglepuffs (usually Fine Gaelers) trying to p*ss down everyones leg saying it didn't happen and get their knickers in a twist when they get hammered on it.

I hate to break all this to you of course...

I don't think so. They were working from a crisis created by FF.
    I don't think it was possible to come out of that much differently than we did.
    Social and affordable housing in Dublin is virtually a non runner, all our high end jobs and financially better off workers are there and the competition for housing, both high and low end rental and purchase wise is a competition, no contest as to what is affordable and not, but driving prices only one way anyway.
    That's an economic fallout from a booming economy, not necessarily of Govt making or solving either.
    Let them convince you or who they like, and vote for them by all means if you like, but no party or Govt are likely to change that while the economic high end jobs remain mostly Dublin centered.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

There certainly was not 700,000 on the dole or living of social welfare before the covid crisis, and it is those that do work but are included in that number that have made the swing away from FF/FG so significant.

Correct, the number on welfare is much higher.

Recipients and beneficiaries peaked at 50% of the pop a few years ago, now about 45%.

Under FG the poverty gap has and will continue to grow.
    Rents have increased, cost of lining has increased, young couples can no longer dream of owning their own home, and all the while FG have been trying to convince people it would be so much worse if they were not in power. You can only tell the same lie so many times before people realise they can no longer believe you.

Rents are way too high.

What is meant by the poverty gap?

The SILC reports falling poverty across 2013-2018.

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-silc/surveyonincomeandlivingconditionssilc2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Augeo wrote:
    Back in 1996/1997 where I worked (retail, DIY stores etc) many of the folk were on under IR£160/week and they found it hard to pay their way also........ you get experience and you move on to better things.

There's been a rapid rise in asset prices since then, particularly in housing, circumstances are different now, we ve all gone down the same rabbit hole, and nobody knows what to do next

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ............ we ve all gone down the same rabbit hole, and nobody knows what to do next

What are you referring to?
    Folk across the country are working, rearing families and enjoying life.

Folk looking for easy street will likely never find it, that's the rabbit hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Augeo wrote:
    What are you referring to? Folk across the country are working, rearing families and enjoying life.

We ve all fooled ourselves that encouraging asset prices to continually rise and to maintain low wage inflation, would lead to a better society due to 'trickle down', this is failing badly, particularly for younger generations, it's just causing an overall increasing insecurities, again, particularly for these younger generations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Geuze wrote: »
    Correct, the number on welfare is much higher.

Recipients and beneficiaries peaked at 50% of the pop a few years ago, now about 45%.

Im sure you realised I was talking about those claiming unemployment benefits.

If you were also talking about total number of people in receipt pensions, disability allowances etc then why not also include every child in the country after all their guardian receive child benefit on their behalf. You could have then agued the vast majority of the population was on benefits :rolleyes:

Augeo wrote: »
    What are you referring to?
    Folk across the country are working, rearing families and enjoying life.

Folk looking for easy street will likely never find it, that's the rabbit hole.

Lol ! Tens of thousands here minimum are on easy street, paid by you and I! Guaranteed income, medical card , often free travel , free housing...

It's funny rte would never do a ptigranne on the welfare system, every other country its open for discussion and debate, just not in this country or thread...

• Advertisement

Im sure you realised I was talking about those claiming unemployment benefits.

If you were also talking about total number of people in receipt pensions, disability allowances etc then why not also include every child in the country after all their guardian receive child benefit on their behalf. You could have then agued the vast majority of the population was on benefits :rolleyes:

OK.

The 45-50% figure excludes CB, as just weekly payments are included.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement