Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Minor parties end up taking the fall. They are manipulated by the more powerful who have no interest in doing coalition properly.
    A coalition should be executing a programme for government that gives way to the interests of all involved.

They invariably don't here, we get flowery 'wishlists' that get forgotten about once the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed and the leader gets back from the Aras.
    That leads to a situation where the smaller party has to fight a rearguard action and ends up losing it's own support. How many times does it need to happen?

It should give way to the interests of all involved in a manner befitting their standing in the Dáil. 7 Green TDs against 70 FF TDs are obviously going to get roughly 10% of what they want in a reasonably functioning system. The smaller party ends up fighting a rearguard action because the electorate thinks they should have pulled the plug on the govt every time something in the 90% is put forth and they vote for it. It is not possible to go into government as a minority party and pick and choose what you support in that manner.

It is probably a good thing in the long run that we move from dominant parties in coalition to more equal partners but the fact that that is happening is a product of the seats won at election time. The hammering of the Greens, PDs etc as minority partners of FF while FF escaped unscathed was a function of an electorate who didn't understand the concept of compromise. It was not the fault of FF (and I do not care for FF one bit). Negotiation is not about meeting people half way when you have a much bigger stick than they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,824 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I've asked you to cease and desist slurring voters legitimate right not to vote SF is all by referring to them as participating in a power swap
    Swapping is consensual behaviour
    Getting an FF government for most FG voters and vice versa up to now has very much not been consensual

Unless you have been fooling yourself...and it is my opinion that many many voters do.

I don't care who people vote for as long as they engage their brains when they do.

For instance, being aware of when they are being 'lied' to. Something you have difficulty with as we seen earlier in the thread.
    I know when I am being lied to because I engage my brain...for instance 'manifesto's'. I don't read them nor do I attach a single moments importance to them (from any party) because they have been devalued to the status of real estate brochures.

If you don't like those opinions, scroll on do not try to censor them with the 'desist' comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Unless you have been fooling yourself...and it is my opinion that many many voters do.

I don't care who people vote for as long as they engage their brains when they do.

For instance, being aware of when they are being 'lied' to. Something you have difficulty with as we seen earlier in the thread.
    I know when I am being lied to because I engage my brain...for instance 'manifesto's'. I don't read them nor do I attach a single moments importance to them (from any party) because they have been devalued to the status of real estate brochures.

If you don't like those opinions, scroll on do not try to censor them with the 'desist' comments.

1.calling voters fools is disrespectful, your leader wouldn't do that
    2.you cannot lie about the future as it hasn't happened yet
    3.I won't be told not to read your posts just because you think I should have a different opinion of them than I do

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Lookit.. .. lot of anger here, needs to be toned down.

We need to calm down and look after each other.

Let’s ask about others...... maybe Francie might pass on our regards to Ronan and hope he landed in the Brize safely , or some other location.

Is there a limit on the return ticket I wonder.......hmmmmm.

1.calling voters fools is disrespectful, your leader wouldn't do that

I'll expect you to wade in with the moralising the next time certain voters are called 'mouthbreathers' and worse, so.
    2.you cannot lie about the future as it hasn't happened yet
    You failed to convince on this several times and not just me. It's excusing a lie.

3.I won't be told not to read your posts just because you think I should have a different opinion of them than I do

Nobody is telling you not to read posts, you have been asked to stop trying to censor them, or silencing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,875 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    There was an expected downturn in numbers due to the Covid pandemic. Also a fact.

How can you "expect" something from an unexpected event?

Numbers were on their way down already - January had seen a temporary seasonal increase against trend that was always going to feed into a drop later in the year.

December 2019 was the first sign of the numbers going down and the policies working. You are being taken in by the poverty industry.

I'll expect you to wade in with the moralising the next time certain voters are called 'mouthbreathers' and worse, so.
    You wont find me calling any voters fools like you did

You failed to convince on this several times and not just me. It's excusing a lie.[
    I what now?
    Having explained clearly what a lie is and is not,a few pages back,you bowed out eventually,mumbling something about hoping I'm never on a jury...

Nobody is telling you not to read posts, you have been asked to stop trying to censor them, or silencing them.
    Nobody is telling anybody to do anything
    You can carry on disrespecting voters to your hearts content ,that just shows you up
    Refering to me and saying I pointing that out is censorship is simply false because you can give an opinion without being disrespectful
    Censorship would be removing the opinion or suggesting its removal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Has Charlie Flanagan been detained for his own good again?

You wont find me calling any voters fools like you did

I what now?
    Having explained clearly what a lie is and is not,a few pages back,you bowed out eventually,mumbling something about hoping I'm never on a jury...

Ha ha...good one!

It was pointed out to you several times by different people that you were just making excuses for a 'lie'.

Digging a hole deeper is not winning an argument.

To say you will never do something and then go and do it, as everyone knew you would, is to tell a lie...all day and all night long.

Nobody is telling anybody to do anything

'Kindly stop....' is telling somebody to do something.

You can carry on disrespecting voters to your hearts content ,that just shows you up
    Refering to me and saying I pointing that out is censorship is simply false because you can give an opinion without being disrespectful
    Censorship would be removing the opinion or suggesting its removal

You conduct your life as you see fit. If I want to point out foolishness I will, because if people don't, then the appalling vista of people calling lies something else and excusing will persist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

You pay no heed to manifestos?
    Jesus Francie we knew THAT.
    Youre a true shinner, just as true FGrs and FFrs etc etc follow the same rationale.
    It's nice to see you finally admit it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

"We will not go into Govt with FG"

"Putting FF back in Govt would be like putting John Delaney back in charge of the FAI"

Are these the 2 chancer's of parties we want, thankfully less than 50% of the country wants either.

Its actually hilarious!!

Mary Lou:

FF or FG back in government would be a disaster.

Mary Lou:

How dare FF and FG not talk to SF about forming a government.

Hmmmmm.

You pay no heed to manifestos?
    Jesus Francie we knew THAT.
    Youre a true shinner, just as true FGrs and FFrs etc etc follow the same rationale.
    It's nice to see you finally admit it.

I am where I am in life because I foolishly believed the lies for so long.
    If coming to your senses and realising you are being lied to with auction politics makes me a Shinner in your eyes...so be it. I'm not...in future no party owns my vote.
    I think more and more of the Irish electorate feel the same way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Its actually hilarious!!

Mary Lou:

FF or FG back in government would be a disaster.

Mary Lou:

How dare FF and FG not talk to SF about forming a government.

Hmmmmm.

Before the Election

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1111937/

Any more lies?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

blanch152 wrote: »
    Brilliant post, but if you look carefully, it is the same two or three posters on every thread criticising FG and they end up as the top posters in threads like this.

It is pretty sad to see people whose lives are so miserable that they have to spend their life criticising FG 24/7, or defending SF 24/7, or repeating the same memes and photos 24/7.

75% approval rating which means even some SF supporters think he’s doing a good job, which just shows you how sad they are.

That's about the 5th time I've seen a FG supporter call people calling people critical of FG miserable. You seem to be on here giving out about SF more than almost anyone. What can we deduct about your private life based on this?

Ha ha...good one!

It was pointed out to you several times by different people that you were just making excuses for a 'lie'.

Digging a hole deeper is not winning an argument.

To say you will never do something and then go and do it, as everyone knew you would, is to tell a lie...all day and all night long.

'Kindly stop....' is telling somebody to do something.

You conduct your life as you see fit. If I want to point out foolishness I will, because if people don't, then the appalling vista of people calling lies something else and excusing will persist.

I think it's good to give your opinion
    Unfortunately theres none of us omnipotent ,so your opinion is going to be as vociferously disagreed with by people who think you're going on with nonsense
    Mind you I've said this before, no need to repeat what you said last time,once is enough,even though I've gone twice there now..

If coming to your senses and realising you are being lied to with auction politics makes me a Shinner in your eyes...so be it. I'm not...in future no party owns my vote.

I have bad news for you.
    THEY ALL LIE.
    It's a bit like finding out there's no santa.
    But there's a difference between lying and changing, and at times having to, your position and even policies, be it compromise to form a govt or economic circumstance.
    But they all lie and exaggerate their capabilities and their achievements.

I think it's good to give your opinion
    Unfortunately theres none of us omnipotent ,so your opinion is going to be as vociferously disagreed with by people who think you're going on with nonsense
    Mind you I've said this before, no need to repeat what you said last time,once is enough,even though I've gone twice there now..

Disagree as much as you want Mort, that what these Boards are for...don't tell me to stop or desist though, that's censorship/silencing.

I have bad news for you.
    THEY ALL LIE.
    It's a bit like finding out there's no santa.
    But there's a difference between lying and changing, and at times having to, your position and even policies, be it compromise to form a govt or economic circumstance.
    But they all lie and exaggerate their capabilities and their achievements.

Is this another attempt to dilute the lie Martin told and the lie Leo ignored?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    How can you "expect" something from an unexpected event?

Numbers were on their way down already - January had seen a temporary seasonal increase against trend that was always going to feed into a drop later in the year.

December 2019 was the first sign of the numbers going down and the policies working. You are being taken in by the poverty industry.

The virus was unexpected, not the fall out. When people are in the throws of a pandemic that might kill them they are less likely to carry on as usual. You don't need to be Minister of Health to factor that. I posted two links on why attendance at A&E and homeless figures were down. Haircuts were down too, do you think hair stopped growing?
    The dishonesty here is we've already covered this ground.

I'll let our original to and fro with you on this repeat:
    Here's mine for May of this year:
    Family homelessness quadrupled in space of six years as crisis in housing spiralled
    For the past year, the total number of homeless adults and children in the country has hovered around 10,000, more than three times the figure when the Department of Housing began standardising data collection in 2014.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/family-homelessness-quadrupled-in-space-of-six-years-as-crisis-in-housing-spiralled-39202369.html
    And because of Covid number 19, we've seen a stay:
    “We know that there are many individuals and families who were on the brink of homelessness who have been supported to remain in their home due to the moratorium on evictions for the duration of the crisis. Once the health crisis eases, we need to ensure that there are preventative supports in place to help these families and individuals stay out of homeless emergency accommodation.”

Similarly, Focus Ireland chief executive Pat Dennigan said the fall in the number had been “widely predicted” not just because of the anti-eviction measures but also the number of Airbnb lettings coming back onto the rental market.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/number-of-homeless-people-drops-below-10-000-amid-covid-19-measures-1.4242217
    I note you ignored the people welcoming the drop in numbers, despite it being Covid number 19 related.

Before the Election

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1111937/

Any more lies?

Oh she has said it on many occasions.

She also said what you linked.

Which proves my point thanks.

• Advertisement

Thought you told us a while back you're in a great job and thats why you have so much time to post on boards?

Seems where you are in life doesn't sound too bad.

Thought you told us a while back you're in a great job and thsts why you have so much time to post on boards?

Seems where you are in life doesn't sound too bad.

I never had the 'I'm alright Jack' philosophy JJ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

FG don't do empathy. They'll all become communists again next time we've a financial crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,431 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Thought you told us a while back you're in a great job

2019-07-21_lif_51926264_I4.JPG

Well the free sausages are a pretty good perk...

Is this another attempt to dilute the lie Martin told and the lie Leo ignored?

No attempt at anything, just a casual observation.
    You've been an ardent SF poster as long as I'm here and from what I gather even while voting for Heather.
    Some leap of faith to be voting FG while defending SF.
    It could come around again for you in a future coalition deal.
    I hope its not Leo, Simon and Simon!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Leo just said on Prime Time he never refused to meet Mary Lou about forming Govt, he wrote her a letter wanting to meet to tell her why he wouldn't go into govt with her and she never replied.

He just can't help himself

He got a right drilling on the 'bet' that 'nobody cares about'.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Leo just said on Prime Time he never refused to meet Mary Lou about forming Govt, he wrote her a letter wanting to meet to tell her why he wouldn't go into govt with her and she never replied.

He just can't help himself

Spin Fein he called them

No attempt at anything, just a casual observation.
    You've been an ardent SF poster as long as I'm here and from what I gather even while voting for Heather.
    Some leap of faith to be voting FG while defending SF.
    It could come around again for you in a future coalition deal.
    I hope its not Leo, Simon and Simon!

I have defended SF on republican grounds...I rarely defend them on many key policy areas, economics and social issues where I would disagree with them.

You can accept that or not. I am not an 'ardent' supporter of any political party...not the way I was made tbh.

• Advertisement

So tell me where you are in life because you foolishly believed lies for so long?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement