Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

2019-07-21_lif_51926264_I4.JPG

Well the free sausages are a pretty good perk...

Great book.

So now it's back to the poor me and have sympathy for me and its all the governments fault for how my life turned out.

Specifically Leo Varadkar.

Sure I knew that all along:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

He got a right drilling on the 'bet' that 'nobody cares about'.

Like swing gate. Remember how the lads told us that one would blow over? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,824 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

So tell me where you are in life because you foolishly believed lies for so long?

Let me put you out of your wonderment there JJ.

When I said 'I am where I am in life' I was referring to my political choices/views.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Let me put you out of you wonderment there JJ.

When I said 'I am where I am in life' I was referring to my political choices/views.

There was me thinking you might have said, I have these political beliefs because....

But you said

I am where I am in life.

Yeah both things equate.

Anyway ill take your word for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Did someone say there's no proof leo was doing this to win a bet?

Did someone else say no one cares?

Maria Bailey it'll all blow over part deux.

https://twitter.com/caulmick/status/1275539513008369666?s=09

• Advertisement

There was me thinking you might have said, I have these political beliefs because....

But you said

I am where I am in life.

Yeah both things equate.

Anyway ill take your word for it.

I was responding to somebody who was having a go at me for saying that I don't believe any manifesto's and don't pay any attention to them.

That's where I am in life JJ. You still believe in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

McMurphy wrote: »

:Rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I nearly felt sorry for him, he didn't know what to say and knows he's on borrowed time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I was responding to somebody who was having a go at me for saying that I don't believe any manifesto's and don't pay any attention to them.

That's where I am in life JJ. You still believe in them?

I wasn't having a go at you for that.
    You said you don't read them. Just an observation not having a go.
    I'm not a believer in them myself, or the current program for govt either BTW but I'd read them yes, how would you know what you agree or don't agree with in it.
    Unless we get a single party govt we are not going to see any manifesto become a program for govt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

THE WOKE GENERATION AND LEO VARAKDAR ONLY CARE ABOUT THEIR CRONIES INTERESTS WHILE THEY SCAREMONGER TO US PLEBS ABOUT COVID-19

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Mick Caul is a crank and a loser who spends his entire life being outraged and angry on the internet. He will never ever be happy or have anything constructive to say.

I wasn't having a go at you for that.
    You said you don't read them. Just an observation not having a go.
    I'm not a believer in them myself, or the current program for govt either BTW but I'd read them yes, how would you know what you agree or don't agree with in it.
    Unless we get a single party govt we are not going to see any manifesto become a program for govt.

PFG?

They had a good percentage of 128 days and they came up with a 'wishlist' heavily slanted towards the Greens who got 7% of the vote but were absolutely needed to form a government.

I honestly will think 100% better of the Greens if they don't fall for it and the young fella here who came out strongly against it will be in line for a vote from me next time out.

I nearly felt sorry for him, he didn't know what to say and knows he's on borrowed time

Nice that he vindicated Mary Lou and David Cullinane.

'Tiocaigh Ár Lá and Up The Ra', perfectly 'appropriate and in context' things to say at a SF conference and a SF night out in the pub, I would have thought.

Nice that he vindicated Mary Lou and David Cullinane.

'Tiocaigh Ár Lá and Up The Ra', perfectly 'appropriate and in context' things to say at a SF conference and a SF night out in the pub, I would have thought.

What every other FG TD is thinking now (apart from Harris the scumbag)

'Who let him on the tele a few days before another party has vote on our future'

'

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

THE WOKE GENERATION AND LEO VARAKDAR ONLY CARE ABOUT THEIR CRONIES INTERESTS WHILE THEY SCAREMONGER TO US PLEBS ABOUT COVID-19

No need to shout. I'm sure you understand how to get to lower-case when posting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Again some valid points but the scaremongering would be the political crisis if nobody supports the PFG surely? Also 'woke' suggests empathy for others. That doesn't fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Leo couldn't give a f***. He's using his platform for likes and shares.
    With dismissing this and councillor O'Leary's admiration of fascism, like Trump and the Republicans, it'll be amusing when the FG'ers try get all moralistic on anything going forward.

They will be on tomorrow to defend defend defend

But But Sinn Féin over 5.5 4/6
    It dosnt matter over 3.5 1/2
    Up North over 10.5 4/11
    Over 5.5 blantant Lies by FG supporters on here 1/5

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I see you found the journal.ie comment generator posted on Reddit... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,875 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Thought you told us a while back you're in a great job and thats why you have so much time to post on boards?

Seems where you are in life doesn't sound too bad.

It seems that politicians aren't the only ones prone to lying.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    It seems that politicians aren't the only ones prone to lying.

Where is the lie?

I know you'll probably sneak off once again and not back up your cheap shot...but I'm asking anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Very poor interview Varadkar did on Prime Time last night, David McCullagh must have found it very frustrating trying to interview someone who just didn't have any interest in being there.

Very poor interview Varadkar did on Prime Time last night, David McCullagh must have found it very frustrating trying to interview someone who just didn't have any interest in being there.

He sees it beneath himself to have to answer to the public. Was same old same old, sweep sweep have a dig at Mary Lou (even though he made a balls of that) sweep sweep finish

He sees it beneath himself to have to answer to the public. Was same old same old, sweep sweep have a dig at Mary Lou (even though he made a balls of that) sweep sweep finish

I am really struggling to understand the fury and vitriol at Leo's quotes.

He isn't praising an evil sick terrorist who has just passed away, he isn't defending "good republicans" who have committed illegal crimes, he just quoted from a movie!!!

Reading the outrage on here about his TV appearance following his comments, I was somewhat bemused at this, so I checked to see whether other media were expressing similar outrage. Strangely enough, apart from an article in the Journal which seems to present his position as normal, I don't see the indignation on here being repeated outside of boards. Maybe it will get an outing on Talk to Joe or one of the more high-brow radio programmes like the Adrian Kennedy show, but I don't get the fuss.

https://www.thejournal.ie/leo-varadkar-mean-girls-quote-5131005-Jun2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,431 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I am really struggling to understand the fury and vitriol at Leo's quotes.

Can you quote some of this supposed 'fury and vitriol'? Saying something is in poor taste or shows a lack of empathy does not constitute fury or vitriol to most people. Is it that any criticism of Leo and FG can only be made in a spirit of fury/vitriol/outrage as far as you are concerned?

Can you quote some of this supposed 'fury and vitriol'? Saying something is in poor taste or shows a lack of empathy does not constitute fury or vitriol to most people. Is it that any criticism of Leo and FG can only be made in a spirit of fury/vitriol/outrage as far as you are concerned?

There are hundreds of posts expressing anger about it on these boards over three or four threads. If that doesn't meet your definition of "fury and vitriol", fair enough, but it meets mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

There are hundreds of posts expressing anger about it on these boards over three or four threads. If that doesn't meet your definition of "fury and vitriol", fair enough, but it meets mine.

Thought nobody cares?

They're just after discussing it on Newstalk with Sinead Ryan, standing in for Ciara Kelly.

Pat Kenny discussed it before that.

I repeat, thought nobody cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,431 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

A thousand people separately saying "That was in poor taste" does not mean any one of those statements was made in a spirit of 'fury and vitriol', to my mind.

Thought nobody cares?

They're just after discussing it on Newstalk with Sinead Ryan, standing in for Ciara Kelly.

Pat Kenny discussed it before that.

I repeat, thought nobody cares?

I don't have access to media monitoring reports, so I don't have a full picture, but I haven't seen much about it anywhere at all other than bemusement.

I accept that the literati will be up in arms, with their journalist friends, over the perception that the Taoiseach is low-brow in his quotations, but don't really give a toss what Dalkey residents like Pat Kenny think of it.

• Advertisement

A thousand people separately saying "That was in poor taste" does not mean any one of those statements was made in a spirit of 'fury and vitriol', to my mind.

Except it isn't a thousand people, it is the same five or six posters repeating it across threads.

Not saying there is anything wrong with fury and vitriol, or five or six posters repeating it across threads, but that I just don't get their point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement