Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,823 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Augeo wrote: »
    Enjoy it Francis :)

Be more drinks in the cockpit of a boat tomorrow actually, if my sail drive arrives today.

But don't let that shatter your stereotyping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

You would bankrupt the country, that’s all you would change.

The country is bankrupt technically. In fact it never technically recovered from the last event that made it bankrupt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Big ‘Dublin Fire Brigade Heads’ on them.

Could always be worse. Could be celebrating with a couple of sticks of Heinomite or maybe some creamers and be totes vintage! They'll be legendary horseplay if Lieo gets the PFG over the line! Legend.

https://twitter.com/DailandSeanadXV/status/909350661829033984?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

How is a FF/FG government a bad thing going forward for any ideologically opposed party? For a party that has no problem playing the long game it is manna from heaven.

I can understand how it might not be for the chameleon parties that can bend and shape themselves to fit into whatever shape the power swap parties come up with...C&S, Coalition etc. They will have to stand on their own policy and support and the Greens and Labour won't be starting from a good place.

I think the interesting thing and it should be a warning to the Greens and anyone thinking of shoring up this incoming disaster is that the poll numbers aren't shifting vis a vis SF support.

I dunno Francie the Fine Gael brand of insults and self entitlement is beginning to win me over :)

You'll note all the FG adjacent will never cite the points of criticism just try sell it as broad personal traits like whining, whinging or misery etc. it helps them dodge the issues people have with FF/FG but loses them support. More of it I say!

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    Could always be worse. Could be celebrating with a couple of sticks of Heinomite or maybe some creamers and be totes vintage! They'll be legendary horseplay if Lieo gets the PFG over the line! Legend.

https://twitter.com/DailandSeanadXV/status/909350661829033984?s=19

The real question is what kind of camera lens was used to make it look like they were all huddled together in the same room? Damn liberal media and their bias lenses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

• Registered Users Posts: 27,868 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

How is a FF/FG government a bad thing going forward for any ideologically opposed party? For a party that has no problem playing the long game it is manna from heaven.

I can understand how it might not be for the chameleon parties that can bend and shape themselves to fit into whatever shape the power swap parties come up with...C&S, Coalition etc. They will have to stand on their own policy and support and the Greens and Labour won't be starting from a good place.

I think the interesting thing and it should be a warning to the Greens and anyone thinking of shoring up this incoming disaster is that the poll numbers aren't shifting vis a vis SF support.

Sinn Fein don't have an ideology.

I think this government will be good for the likes of Labour and the Social Democrats.

As we have seen from her behaviour over the last day or so, the likes of Brid Smith and the PBP will remain a fringe irrelevance. Ditto some of the other independents and smaller parties.

As for Sinn Fein, who knows what position they will take at the next election? We could well see the likes of Francie, maccored and Bowie in here by then arguing for more carbon taxes. Their ideology is Brits Out and protect the criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

blanch152 wrote: »

I think this government will be good for the likes of Labour and the Social Democrats.

As we have seen from her behaviour over the last day or so, the likes of Brid Smith and the PBP will remain a fringe irrelevance. Ditto some of the other independents and smaller parties.

As for Sinn Fein, who knows what position they will take at the next election? We could well see the likes of Francie, maccored and Bowie in here by then arguing for more carbon taxes. Their ideology is Brits Out and protect the criminals.

Once ‘their own’ don’t have to pay them

Taxes are for those who get up early.

Those lads under the bed keep you awake again blanch?

3 parties have just sledgehammered their 'ideologies' together to get a wishlist, but SF, Brid Smith, something something.

• Advertisement

Average not Mean, over a million workers on less than 25 k a year, using spurious figures helps no one

Problem with both average and median is that the figures can be artificially depressed by the number of workers who choose to work less than full-time and earn less because of that, not because of being paid at a lesser rate. However, the CSO account for that.

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/er/elca/earningsandlabourcostsannualdata2019/

"Average annual earnings for full-time employees in 2019 were €48,946 (up 2.8% on 2018)"

The claim that the average earnings are €49,000 is therefore correct. OF note is that the CSO measure that for employees. So high-earning company directors and the higher earning self-employed are excluded, implying that the amount is probably much higher. On the other hand, the CSO exclude those on social welfare.

I cannot find any reliable source that says that median income is 25k, so I have to think you are making that up unless you can produce a source.

Problem with both average and median is that the figures can be artificially depressed by the number of workers who choose to work less than full-time and earn less because of that, not because of being paid at a lesser rate. However, the CSO account for that.

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/er/elca/earningsandlabourcostsannualdata2019/

"Average annual earnings for full-time employees in 2019 were €48,946 (up 2.8% on 2018)"

The claim that the average earnings are €49,000 is therefore correct. OF note is that the CSO measure that for employees. So high-earning company directors and the higher earning self-employed are excluded, implying that the amount is probably much higher. On the other hand, the CSO exclude those on social welfare.

I cannot find any reliable source that says that median income is 25k, so I have to think you are making that up unless you can produce a source.

About 4 years ago there was a report saying 750 k workers earned less than €400 with another 300 k slightly higher ,so taking in to account minimum wage increases €450 -€500 being generous would average 25 k.
    CSO does state that 63% of the workforce earn less than average,

I think you missed the question:
    How is a FF/FG government a bad thing going forward for any ideologically opposed party?

I think Brid Smith was right. There's your out Blanch, ignore the question again and go off on one :)

Once ‘their own’ don’t have to pay them

Taxes are for those who get up early.

I live near people who would have been activists in the day,they are up and going when I'm going to work at half six in the morning,
    Former FG TD up here was famous for getting council houses, no one would even think of going near SF TD for the same,
    Noonan and Wee Willy top the poll in Limerick ,not a place known for its work ethic

I live near people who would have been activists in the day,they are up and going when I'm going to work at half six in the morning,
    Former FG TD up here was famous for getting council houses, no one would even think of going near SF TD for the same,
    Noonan and Wee Willy top the poll in Limerick ,not a place known for its work ethic

Up and going where, do you know.

Bowie wrote: »
    I think you missed the question:

I think Brid Smith was right. There's your out Blanch, ignore the question again and go off on one :)

I agreed with the point that a FF/FG/Green government was good for an ideologically different party such as Labour or the Social Democrats.

Sinn Fein don't have an ideology other than Brits Out, so they won't benefit in the same way.

About 4 years ago there was a report saying 750 k workers earned less than €400 with another 300 k slightly higher ,so taking in to account minimum wage increases €450 -€500 being generous would average 25 k.
    CSO does state that 63% of the workforce earn less than average,

So you think you read something around four years ago that might back you up?

And that is enough to dismiss the official CSO figures?

I will stick with where I am until you produce something reasonable and up-to-date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Well the FG vote is in

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/government-formation-fine-gael-approve-programme-for-government-1007669.html

The overall result was 80% in favour and 20% against the programme for government.

The total vote cast was 674, meaning a turnout of 95%.

According to the party, the breakdown of votes were:

Parliamentary Party
    Approved: 90%
    Not approved: 10%

Council of Local Representatives
    Approved: 57%
    Not approved: 43%

Constituency Delegates
    Approved: 71%
    Not approved: 29%

Executive Council
    Approved: 85%
    Not approved: 15%

Up and going where, do you know.

TBF you didn't specify. Hardly off to kiss the arses of Goldman Sachs or stalk Kylie ;)

efanton wrote: »
    Well the FG vote is in

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/government-formation-fine-gael-approve-programme-for-government-1007669.html

The overall result was 80% in favour and 20% against the programme for government.

The total vote cast was 674, meaning a turnout of 95%.

According to the party, the breakdown of votes were:

Parliamentary Party
    Approved: 90%
    Not approved: 10%

Council of Local Representatives
    Approved: 57%
    Not approved: 43%

Constituency Delegates
    Approved: 71%
    Not approved: 29%

Executive Council
    Approved: 85%
    Not approved: 15%

The party happy to go into opposition. :):)

• Advertisement

Well it looks like their county councillors were less than happy about forming a coalition.

I was surprised at the number voting. 95% turn out and yet only 674 voting.
    707.7 party members in total.
    the 0.7 must be Eoghan Murphy, always knew he wasn't the full shilling,

It seems FG are are dying breed with that amount of party members, difficult to see how a party with so small a membership can survive into the future now that the GE vote is so fractured. Basically 10% of the party are TD's, councillors or senators. Add in family members and party workers and activists and there not a whole lot of the general public carrying a FG members card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

That's SF i think.

That's SF i think.

That was FG until a chance at power and rehabilitation showed up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Well it looks like their county councillors were less than happy about forming a coalition.

I was surprised at the number voting. 95% turn out and yet only 674 voting.
    707.7 party members in total.
    the 0.7 must be Eoghan Murphy, always knew he wasn't the full shilling,

It seems FG are are dying breed with that amount of party members, difficult to see how a party with so small a membership can survive into the future now that the GE vote is so fractured. Basically 10% of the party are TD's, councillors or senators. Add in family members and party workers and activists and there not a whole lot of the general public carrying a FG members card.

FG does not have a one member one vote system. It’s pretty clear from the vote breakdown.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    FG does not have a one member one vote system. It’s pretty clear from the vote breakdown.

Did I say that?
    I fully understand how the voting system worked.

In fact had the TD's and Senators not had 50% of the final vote and it was a simple one member one vote that 80% would be significantly lower

So you think you read something around four years ago that might back you up?

And that is enough to dismiss the official CSO figures?

I will stick with where I am until you produce something reasonable and up-to-date.

25% earn less than 22 k , more than half a million people ,median wage is €592

Fianna Fail vote is in

74% in favour of a collation

Ooookay.... the bulldust and arse boxing is done.

The right result has happened.

Let’s roll up our sleeves and get our country back on track.

Time to consign the wannabees and shapers to the sidelines for another five years.

Beaten docket...... never any doubt.

Middle Ireland done us right.

Green results are in

for 1435, 76%
    against 457, 24%

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Did I say that?
    I fully understand how the voting system worked.

In fact had the TD's and Senators not had 50% of the final vote and it was a simple one member one vote that 80% would be significantly lower

I mean, you quite clearly don't understand that the number of members of FG is utterly irrelevant to the number of votes in this process.

For the record, they had 21,000 members in 2017. Unsure what it is now, but its not 707.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement