Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

That's SF i think.

No FG. Was only Varadkar said he relished it.

Anyway, in answer to the OP; play junior second fiddle to Fianna Fail. Well done Leo ;)
    (should it last five years)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I mean, you quite clearly don't understand that the number of members of FG is utterly irrelevant to the number of votes in this process.

For the record, they had 21,000 members in 2017. Unsure what it is now, but its not 707.

Ok. Thanks for that.

I thought they had offered a vote to every party member, but the final vote split was weighted in favour of TD's/Senators, councillors, etc

Just been told that party members had no say, only via their local CONSTITUENCY EXECUTIVE

Yes, I accept I got that wrong.
    That why I questioned the total number of votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭mattser

Change of thread title, or just lock it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

mattser wrote: »
    Change of thread title, or just lock it up.

this one is over, unless it's renamed will FG be in government for the next 5 years :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

efanton wrote: »
    this one is over, unless it's renamed will FG be in government for the next 5 years :D:D:D

At least 5. Do any bit of a job and we will have more of the same. The likes of Smith, Rich Boy, Posh Boy and McDonald's crew of semi illiterate thugs will just have to continue with their rantings while enjoying the access to the trough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Bowie wrote: »
    No FG. Was only Varadkar said he relished it.

Anyway, in answer to the OP; play junior second fiddle to Fianna Fail. Well done Leo ;)
    (should it last five years)

While I don't believe they were ever actually serious about it, is that not what SF were whinging about?
    There's 2 threads that could be closed now.
    This one, because FG are in govt.
    And the one about SF in hiding, the dust has settled now so they can come out and whinge again!
    ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Yes, job done, let’s get the country back on its feet.

The negativity and living in the past needs to be wiped out and a new beginning started.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,823 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Job done.

FF and FG become FFFG. The civil war is over in Ireland. No pretense now.

Pressured into supporting one another in power in 2016 and pressured into merging in 2020.

If we can get through the pious statesman like speechifying of Martin today and Leo standing in the background looking awkward...this should be a fun ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Job done.

Pressured into supporting one another in power in 2016 and pressured into merging in 2020.

If we can get through the pious statesman like speechifying of Martin today and Leo standing in the background looking awkward...this should be a fun ride.

When will the SF & National party merger be announced.
    It’s absolutely startling how they have convinced so many useful idiots to vote for them.

Some irony that they attack others for being right wing parties while they are the largest anti immigrant/anti Semitic/anti vax party in the country.

It’s time to get down from your ivory tower mate- your pathetic party has been rumbled yet again.

It’s probably time to go throw out some anti British/Up the ra memes on Facebook

When will the SF & National party merger be announced.
    It’s absolutely startling how they have convinced so many useful idiots to vote for them.

Some irony that they attack others for being right wing parties while they are the largest anti immigrant/anti Semitic/anti vax party in the country.

It’s time to get down from your ivory tower mate- your pathetic party has been rumbled yet again.

It’s probably time to go throw out some anti British/Up the ra memes on Facebook

Wow we are angry today.

I voted for SF, I know for certain...absolute certain, that I didn't vote for an anti-immigrant anti Semitic or anti vax party.

Get over yourself...concentrate on providing the best government ever here because it is last chance saloon for the now merged power swap parties.

This was my second choice of what I would like the outcome of the election to be.

• Advertisement

Wow we are angry today.

I voted for SF, I know for certain...absolute certain, that I didn't vote for an anti-immigrant anti Semitic or anti vax party.

Get over yourself...concentrate on providing the best government ever here because it is last chance saloon for the now merged power swap parties.

This was my second choice of what I would like the outcome of the election to be.

No, you thought that you didnt - hence the useful idiots comment.

After Holohan's return to the SF fold - I wouldnt call my emotion anger, it's more frustration that so many people have allowed themselves to be duped with memes, twitter hashtags, etc.

All it has done is stop a credible Left wing movement in Ireland coming about.

No, you thought that you didnt - hence the useful idiots comment.

After Holohan's return to the SF fold - I wouldnt call my emotion anger, it's more frustration that so many people have allowed themselves to be duped with memes, twitter hashtags, etc.

All it has done is stop a credible Left wing movement in Ireland coming about.

Put your own house in order first my friend.

Plenty of looney/corrupt/ violent councilors across every party. They were named here before...look them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭celt262

They will continue to be duped sure SF won the election and were kept out of goverment by FFG.

Put your own house in order first my friend.

Plenty of looney/corrupt/ violent councilors across every party. They were named here before...look them up.

You always fall back to whataboutery - it's more or less all SF supporters have.

Can't wait for the intensification of anti government & anti british/pro IRA memes & hashtags over the next few days to deflection attention.

"Well I know our party nominated a racist homophobe to be mayor of SDCC thus showing up his beliefs and that of other party members but Leo said a movie quote in a speech and sure that practically the same thing, isn't it?"

You always fall back to whataboutery - it's more or less all SF supporters have.

Can't wait for the intensification of anti government & anti british/pro IRA memes & hashtags over the next few days to deflection attention.

"Well I know our party nominated a racist homophobe to be mayor of SDCC thus showing up his beliefs and that of other party members but Leo said a movie quote in a speech and sure that practically the same thing, isn't it?"

He was stupid and silly in his comments.

But racist and homopobhic is a stretch. Get over yourself.

SF are the official opposition now, whose job is to call the government out and to suggest alternatives.

Contrary to FG/FF's usual spin, they are not a dictatorship...so get used to the idea that criticism will come your way.
    This isn't C&S where another party sits petrified in compliance either.

Best of luck, it will be interesting.

He was stupid and silly in his comments.

But racist and homopobhic is a stretch. Get over yourself.

SF are the official opposition now, whose job is to call the government out and to suggest alternatives.

Contrary to FG/FF's usual spin, they are not a dictatorship...so get used to the idea that criticism will come your way.
    This isn't C&S where another party sits petrified in compliance either.

Best of luck, it will be interesting.

Not even remotely a stretch - he didnt want Leo to be Taoiseach because he had no kids & wasnt a family man and he said that Leo didnt have the same passion for the country as himself as Leo's blood ran back to India & his ancestors werent part of the history of this country.

How would you explain that?

If you don't deem those to be racist & homophobic then thats it's a complete cop out to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Holohan wouldn’t be the sharpest tool in the box.

SF appear to have serious issues with their candidate selection processes - Holohan, Jonathan ‘I’m in the IRA’ Dowdall, Violet ‘Free Gaff’ Wynne etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭mattser

Pretty clear whats going to happen

1. New Election
    or
    2. After Talks fall apart FF will jump ship and join up with SF (many FF TDs and members want this already)

Its killing Leo and the lads. Suppose he can go drink on the streets since its ok to do so.
    All the speculation may now be moot...Eamonn Ryan may have scuttled the whole charade.
    Green party imploding.
    McMurphy wrote: »
    Just catching up with the right old kerfuffle going on within the Greens.

There's a power heave, infighting, and Eamo dropped the N word. :eek:

Do people still think they're going to help form a govt? Really?

Great call lads. The bookies would love you. :D:D:D
    Get back on the ditch now, and watch the senior hurlers.

Not even remotely a stretch - he didnt want Leo to be Taoiseach because he had no kids & wasnt a family man and he said that Leo didnt have the same passion for the country as himself as Leo's blood ran back to India & his ancestors werent part of the history of this country.

How would you explain that?

If you don't deem those to be racist & homophobic then thats it's a complete cop out to be honest.

What he said was stupid, silly and grievously wrong. As I said at the time. And he was rightly disciplined for it.

Was it homophobic or racist? I didn't think so at the time and I don't think it was now tbh. If you think it is, don't vote for him, or the party if you think they condone racism or homophobia. Simple as that.

The reason I point to other councilors in other party's here is that logically (your logic) if there is a racist or homophobic comment made by a councilor then by your wonderful logic we can conclude that the party is also racist and homophobic?

What he said was stupid, silly and grievously wrong. As I said at the time. And he was rightly disciplined for it.

Was it homophobic or racist? I didn't think so at the time and I don't think it was now tbh. If you think it is, don't vote for him, or the party if you think they condone racism or homophobia. Simple as that.

The reason I point to other councilors in other party's here is that logically (your logic) if there is a racist or homophobic comment made by a councilor then by your wonderful logic we can conclude that the party is also racist and homophobic?

He was nominated by other SF councillors which shows that others condone his views - so it's not an isolated point of view.

Also if you think his comments were grievously wrong but not homophobic or racist, then what do you think was grievously wrong about them?

• Advertisement

mattser wrote: »
    Great call lads. The bookies would love you. :D:D:D
    Get back on the ditch now, and watch the senior hurlers.

It speaks! :)

When you have one of the negotiators of the deal, publicly rejecting the deal and talking it down, and numerous people publicly saying they will reject it, it is fair to say there is a problem in the party.

Then Eamonn using the N word almost tips the balance. Until everyone decided he was a nice guy like Enda was when he used the word and let him off. :)

He was nominated by other SF councillors which shows that others condone his views - so it's not an isolated point of view.

Also if you think his comments were grievously wrong but not homophobic or racist, then what do you think was grievously wrong about them?

Nobody's citizenship or belonging is diluted because of who their parents are...it was a ridiculous thing to say.

Nor are you less likely to be effective because you don't have children.

He was disciplined for it and following party rules (like any other party) the issue is closed and he is allowed to function as elected.

As I mentioned it above, Ryan used the N word in the Dáil and it is now forgotten about and he is in government.

Is he racist, is the Green party that forgave him, racist? Loads of other instances of politicians saying the wrong thing and a stupid thing. Looking forward to you applying your wonderful logic to them.

Nobody's citizenship or belonging is diluted because of who their parents are...it was a ridiculous thing to say.

Nor are you less likely to be effective because you don't have children.

He was disciplined for it and following party rules (like any other party) the issue is closed and he is allowed to function as elected.

As I mentioned it above, Ryan used the N word in the Dáil and it is now forgotten about and he is in government.

Is he racist, is the Green party that forgave him, racist? Loads of other instances of politicians saying the wrong thing and a stupid thing. Looking forward to you applying your wonderful logic to them.

Ok so his comments weren't racist but they were 'culturally insensitive'?
    Is that what you are saying?

Forget about others for a moment and lets deal with this first.
    No need to keep playing your whataboutery card and just deal with Holohan & the fact that you, and your party, don't seem to think his comments were that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Job done.

You're letting your parnell sq spin on the marriage cloud reality
    Come next election in 2025,I'd expect at best a vote transfer advisory between the two,no pact just an advisory and no merger
    If that gets only half of each party transferring to each other,when all the current angst feeding the 10% or so feb 20th protest vote is addressed, I'd expect both parties to rise and I'd expect SF to be fucked

https://twitter.com/unakavanagh/status/1217868594165489664

Also doesn't include his part about underage girls having sex with older men and then blackmailing them.

Party of the people - unless you are an immigrant, of immigrant descent, a woman or gay.

How people were duped into voting for this 'progressive' party is still baffling to me

https://twitter.com/unakavanagh/status/1217868594165489664

Also doesn't include his part about underage girls having sex with older men and then blackmailing them.

Party of the people - unless you are an immigrant, of immigrant descent, a woman or gay.

How people were duped into voting for this 'progressive' party is still baffling to me

You are doing your best to divert the thread. It is about FG. The party that FF said they would never go into coalition with.

'Duped' you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I'd say there was serious celebrations in SF HQ. Was scary for a while that they might have to actually govern.

But thankfully the big boys stood up to the plate and we'll have 5 years of strong and steady governance. Probably another 5 after that too.

The shinners will continue to shout loudly about ccccchhhhaaaange and promise that if they were in power they would give everyone shed loads of cash and a free house. Horse manure of the highest order.

The denizens of these boards must be happy too. Can continue to engage in their favourite fetish of giving out about Leo and FG. Every minor issue can be exaggerated and blown out of all proportion. Now they can also take swing at FF as well. The hate and venomous mutual masturbation can continue with vigour for another 5 years. The angry men can continue their rage filled lives as they were before.

Lovely stuff.

I'd say there was serious celebrations in SF HQ. Was scary for a while that they might have to actually govern.

But thankfully the big boys stood up to the plate and we'll have 5 years of strong and steady governance. Probably another 5 after that too.

The shinners will continue to shout loudly about ccccchhhhaaaange and promise that if they were in power they would give everyone shed loads of cash and a free house. Horse manure of the highest order.

The denizens of these boards must be happy too. Can continue to engage in their favourite fetish of giving out about Leo and FG. Every minor issue can be exaggerated and blown out of all proportion. Now they can also take swing at FF as well. The hate and venomous mutual masturbation can continue with vigour for another 5 years. The angry men can continue their rage filled lives as they were before.

Lovely stuff.

Leo is an awkward footnote now for 2 years. He can get a nice flashy sock for it maybe? :D

You are doing your best to divert the thread. It is about FG. The party that FF said they would never go into coalition with.

'Duped' you say?

I'm showcasing what other parties are up against.

FG's competition is relevant to this thread and the fact that you think Holohan's comments weren't racist & that his reinstatement to the party is ok - is doing a good job of showing up some of said competition for what they are.

The fact that I , along with many others, found his comments deplorable and you, along with party members who nominated him, think they are fine - is not surprising to me but hopefully eye opening for others

• Advertisement

Lovely stuff.

I think you meant : Shed loads of cash and a free house for those of pure Irish descent - the others don't deserve it as they are not passionate enough about ireland due to having some non Irish blood

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement