Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

But thankfully the big boys stood up to the plate and we'll have 5 years of strong and steady governance. Probably another 5 after that too.

So you can predict future outcomes, that's interesting!

It ll be interesting to see this government resolve our most serious of issues such as housing and health care, via 'market forces'! Then they ll do their usual of becoming obsessed with the deficit and balancing the books, by raising taxes, shur everything will be sorted then, we ll have a growing economy, because 'the market' says so! Rinse repeat!

It speaks! :)

When you have one of the negotiators of the deal, publicly rejecting the deal and talking it down, and numerous people publicly saying they will reject it, it is fair to say there is a problem in the party.

Then Eamonn using the N word almost tips the balance. Until everyone decided he was a nice guy like Enda was when he used the word and let him off. :)

I feel your pain. 5 years of listening to MaryLou moaning and whinging will cure that for you.

We’ve got a government. Onwards and upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

Job done.

FF and FG become FFFG. The civil war is over in Ireland. No pretense now.

Every time I see a reference to “FFFG”, it really does remind me of “SFIRA”

I know which acronym is worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,823 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I'm showcasing what other parties are up against.

FG's competition is relevant to this thread and the fact that you think Holohan's comments weren't racist & that his reinstatement to the party is ok - is doing a good job of showing up some of said competition for what they are.

The fact that I , along with many others, found his comments deplorable and you, along with party members who nominated him, think they are fine - is not surprising to me but hopefully eye opening for others

And I found Enda and Eamonn Ryan's behaviour deplorable, but their parties accepted the apology's and moved on.

Happens all the time as I said...somebody says or does something wrong, is disiplined, and the party gives them a chance.

If Holohan expressed the same comment again I would expect action to be taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    So you can predict future outcomes, that's interesting!

It ll be interesting to see this government resolve our most serious of issues such as housing and health care, via 'market forces'! Then they ll do their usual of becoming obsessed with the deficit and balancing the books, by raising taxes, shur everything will be sorted then, we ll have a growing economy, because 'the market' says so! Rinse repeat!

Oh yea pal. There's nothing surer than SF love nothing more than whinging from the ditch. Cowards to the last member. They are made for opposition politics. Haven't the maturity to govern and no interest in it. When forced to in the north they can at least blame "da Brits". But if they took the reins down here they'd actually have to make decisions and that's not in their interest.

Anyone. This thread title is irrelevant. FG the mature and capable party will be doing plenty for the next 5 years. It's the shinners that will be lining their pockets and braying loudly in the dail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Leo is an awkward footnote now for 2 years. He can get a nice flashy sock for it maybe? :D

Aaah Francie.... that bird has flown,a chara, you got a new guy to discharge the bile at now...... you need to ...what to they say....hit the ground running and start filling the bile buckets.

Micheál Martin is his name.

Thought you would take a little staycation after your sterling campaign from Parnell Sq.... I hear it’s very bracing up around Ravensdale and the Cooley peninsula this time of the year.

Lots of folk liked it so much they stayed up there in fact.

One way trip like.

Anyone. This thread title is irrelevant. FG the mature and capable party will be doing plenty for the next 5 years. It's the shinners that will be lining their pockets and braying loudly in the dail.

This government will do the same as previous governments, further enrich the asset owning classes, and continue to screw the non asset owning classes, nothings gonna change

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

This government will do the same as previous governments, further enrich the asset owning classes, and continue to screw the non asset owning classes, nothings gonna change

Dude, you life in Ireland. It’s ranked 3rd in the world in the UN Human Development Index. You don’t like in Angola. Context, dude, context.

Aaah Francie.... that bird has flown,a chara, you got a new guy to discharge the bile at now...... you need to ...what to they say....hit the ground running and start filling the bile buckets.

Micheál Martin is his name.

Thought you would take a little staycation after your sterling campaign from Parnell Sq.... I hear it’s very bracing up around Ravensdale and the Cooley peninsula this time of the year.

Lots of folk liked it so much they stayed up there in fact.

One way trip like.

No bile from me Brendan and no insinuation or snide comments about other posters.

Just criticism if it is deserved IMO.

Try to behave like a democrat at least and stop trying to censor threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

And I found Enda and Eamonn Ryan's behaviour deplorable, but their parties accepted the apology's and moved on.

Happens all the time as I said...somebody says or does something wrong, is disiplined, and the party gives them a chance.

If Holohan expressed the same comment again I would expect action to be taken.

Deflection & whataboutery is all you have - as i keep on saying.

Your party is the party of anti-vax & 5G conspiracy theorists and you now you can add racists to that.
    Party of the people though, left wing party indeed

• Advertisement

Your party is the party of anti-vax & 5G conspiracy theorists and you now you can add racists to that.

As I said to you before, don't vote for them if you believe that. And do apply that logic to other parties.

Take it handy otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭thomasdylan

TA

Can you seriously not see the difference between what Eamonn Ryan said and what Paddy Holohan has said. Paddy Holohan managed to express his views which were racist, sexist and homophobic. He called underage girls 'scum'.

Eamonn Ryan used the 'n word' while quoting a black man in the Dail and highlighting racism.

Anyone who believes what Eamonn Ryan and Paddy Holohan have said is in any way comparable is either being completely disingenious or a simpleton.

TA

Can you seriously not see the difference between what Eamonn Ryan said and what Paddy Holohan has said. Paddy Holohan managed to express his views which were racist, sexist and homophobic. He called underage girls 'scum'.

Eamonn Ryan used the 'n word' while quoting a black man in the Dail and highlighting racism.

Anyone who believes what Eamonn Ryan and Paddy Holohan have said is in any way comparable is either being completely disingenious or a simpleton.

I didn't compare what they said...I compared the crime of saying something stupid and what happened after. Can you 'seriously' not see that?

Ryan was not racist and neither do I believe Enda is racist even though he told a racist joke.

But all three of them said stupid and wrong things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Edgware wrote: »
    At least 5. Do any bit of a job and we will have more of the same. The likes of Smith, Rich Boy, Posh Boy and McDonald's crew of semi illiterate thugs will just have to continue with their rantings while enjoying the access to the trough

Semi illiterate, posh boy? Covid number 19 Harris the drop out and Leo my parents gave me money for a house? :)

If you have a problem with wealth you might be back the wrong horse, horse.

Bowie wrote: »
    Semi illiterate, posh boy? Covid number 19 Harris the drop out and Leo my parents gave me money for a house? :)

If you have a problem with wealth you might be back the wrong horse, horse.

So much salt! :D

Dude, you life in Ireland. It’s ranked 3rd in the world in the UN Human Development Index. You don’t like in Angola. Context, dude, context.

Context! There are thousands of people homeless, and thousands of young people struggling to pay rents, let alone have any chance of buying their own home. Context!

Context! There are thousands of people homeless, and thousands of young people struggling to pay rents, let alone have any chance of buying their own home. Context!

Context. There are thousands of families staying in emergency accommodation because they know that their foreva home is on the horizon. Short term pain in order to get what they want.

Context. There are thousands of families staying in emergency accommodation because they know that their foreva home is on the horizon. Short term pain in order to get what they want.

Bull****, they can't get access to the housing market, the policies of the past, such as continual asset price inflation have failed these classes, this is one of the most critical issues facing us, unfortunately our major parties in government are stuck in this thinking. They need to resist their default position of balancing budgets and paying down the national debt, but I suspect they ll default too soon.

Among others. If you're going to slag anti vaxxers don't just stick on some SF. be honest. Mention the FG ones too?

What FG'ers should reconcile themselves with is their party ignores or dismisses any Irish person in need as a chancer. Be they a tax payer or not.
    Trouble is the numbers needing aid are rising and if you are ever unfortunate enough to find yourself in such a situation your party and its membership will likely call you a chancer and not give two f***s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What FG'ers should reconcile themselves with is their party ignores or dismisses any Irish person in need as a chancer. Be they a tax payer or not.
    Trouble is the numbers needing aid are rising and if you are ever unfortunate enough to find yourself in such a situation your party and its membership will likely call you a chancer and not give two f***s.

Yes, they should do like SF , cosset and look after the REAL chancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Among others. If you're going to slag anti vaxxers don't just stick on some SF. be honest. Mention the FG ones too?

I'd be figuring the Green party would be ardent anti-vaxxers, that crusty lifestyle doesn't go in for modern medicine, leeches and nettle soup would be as close as they get

FG still huffing...g'wan have beer Leo, celebrate, the rehabilitation of FF is complete.

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1276963060322897922

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

When will the SF & National party merger be announced.
    It’s absolutely startling how they have convinced so many useful idiots to vote for them.

Some irony that they attack others for being right wing parties while they are the largest anti immigrant/anti Semitic/anti vax party in the country.

It’s time to get down from your ivory tower mate- your pathetic party has been rumbled yet again.

It’s probably time to go throw out some anti British/Up the ra memes on Facebook

National party are gene pool FG, nearly all related to current or former FG councillors or TDs,

Great to see FG back in Government for a historic third term. Good to see we got most of the 'big boy' ministries as well. If you don't have the money then you don't get nice things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

FG still huffing...g'wan have beer Leo, celebrate, the rehabilitation of FF is complete.

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1276963060322897922

If FF talked to SF and went into government would you say congratulations SF for the rehabilitation of FF?

If FF talked to SF and went into government would you say congratulations SF for the rehabilitation of FF?

They didn't rehabilitate them. FG did.

Own it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Own it.

Yes but SF wanted to.

Own it.

That's it. FF worst in the world. One shaky election their best pals. Another even shakier election in coalition. FF and FG are officially tied. The two most crony and corrupt parties keeping each other afloat. Ladies mind your handbags.

• Advertisement

Yes but SF wanted to.

SF were accepting their mandate.

FG aided them in getting a mandate back.

Own it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement