Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

The 'dinosaurs' you were supporting no time ago? :):) Have some respect for the auld smarts of the coins about here Brendan.

Not exactly Francie, you see, let’s say I for instance was say a Monaghan supporter and let’s say Ray McCarron and Nudie Hughes were sterling players throughout the years as they were but maybe were getting a step slower,would I stop supporting The Farnies?

Of course not.

Would I be pleased to see new blood coming in to replace the slowing Ray and Nudie, of course I would.

Would I have any less respect or support for Ray and Nudie of course not.

It’s about moving on and keeping things fresh, Francie.

You should try it sometime, get your head out of flags and emblems and the smell of the heather clad hills and the last century.

*Those lads named just used as example, no personal reference intended.

Just well known names.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,820 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Not exactly Francie, you see, let’s say I for instance was say a Monaghan supporter and let’s say Ray McCarron and Nudie Hughes were sterling players throughout the years as they were but maybe were getting a step slower,would I stop supporting The Farnies?

Of course not.

Would I be pleased to see new blood coming in to replace the slowing Ray and Nudie, of course I would.

Would I have any less respect or support for Ray and Nudie of course not.

It’s about moving on and keeping things fresh, Francie.

You should try it sometime, get your head out of flags and emblems and the smell of the heather clad hills and the last century.

*Those lads named just used as example, no personal reference intended.

Just well known names.

Yeh but listen here Brendan...would I be calling Ray and Nudie the pejorative term 'dinosaurs'?

No I wouldn't, because I am not a coin who likes to run with the hare and hunt with the hound on dem heather clad hills, either this century or the last one, like some scones about here. Get the drift?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Lads, time to call off the dogs.

SF on the sidelines for 5 years, Middle Ireland has spoken loud and clear.

Time to move on into 2020.

Bren, they can't. I wish they would but it's all they have. I wouldn't mind if they simply brought them into the discussion but it's all nasty stuff often not related to the topic.

Which is the case in almost every developed country in the world.

That doesn't make it right, but its a global issue.

It's the same/worse elsewhere isn't reason for doing nothing or making matters worse. Same goes for health.
    If is was big companies or millionaires in distress they'd move mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Can the thread title be renamed? Should read "SF to shout from the sidelines for the next 5 years"

• Advertisement

That’s all you’ve got? Pathetic
    SF are the party nominating a racist homophobe for a high level position - they are a lot more related to the National party than any other.

Your insinuations of gene pool, etc are just childish attempts to deflect attention from your lot.

Your support the party of anti vaxers, anti Semites, 5G conspiracy theorists and now racist honophobes.

As Francie would say- own it

Just jumped in for a bit of whataboutery?
    Fine Gael Councilor O'Leary admired the Blueshirts in a tweet and likened their resolve to present day Fine Gael.
    Holohan is an ejit but not an admirer of fascists and likely not a racist. Doesn't absolve him but keep context and cut the hypocrisy. Or will you be giving out about O'Leary too?
    SF policy is on making things better for asylum seekers.
    Varadkar courted former FG'er Verona Murphy who was looking to create re-education camps.
    FG policies are more in line with the NP. NP policies go back to FG's roots.
    Hypocrisy again, will you be listing the FG'er anti vaxxers, the fact FG have history with antisemitism even a TD on record spouting it in the Dail, (Oliver J. Flanagan)? Will you f*** :rolleyes:
    Own it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,820 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Can the thread title be renamed? Should read "SF to shout from the sidelines for the next 5 years"

How about 'SF relishes going into opposition for 5 years unless they are presented an opportunity to share power by a pandemic'?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Yeah, so you vote SF? Good man
    Yes I voted for SF the last election and every other party on the ballot paper with the exception of FG and the mad racist son of a FGer,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Bowie wrote: »
    It's the same/worse elsewhere isn't reason for doing nothing or making matters worse. Same goes for health.
    If is was big companies or millionaires in distress they'd move mountains.

I don't disagree,it is a very complex problem, and will take decades to solve

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Change.

• Advertisement

Starting would speed up the process.
    Continuing with policies make it worse will drag it out.

Taxing site profits heavily would keep land prices down, tying house values and rental rates to energy rating could also be used to lower prices, rest of economy suffers if too much of income is being ate up by accommodation costs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Just jumped in for a bit of whataboutery?
    Fine Gael Councilor O'Leary admired the Blueshirts in a tweet and likened their resolve to present day Fine Gael.
    Holohan is an ejit but not an admirer of fascists and likely not a racist. Doesn't absolve him but keep context and cut the hypocrisy. Or will you be giving out about O'Leary too?
    SF policy is on making things better for asylum seekers.
    Varadkar courted former FG'er Verona Murphy who was looking to create re-education camps.
    FG policies are more in line with the NP. NP policies go back to FG's roots.
    Hypocrisy again, will you be listing the FG'er anti vaxxers, the fact FG have history with antisemitism even a TD on record spouting it in the Dail, (Oliver J. Flanagan)? Will you f*** :rolleyes:
    Own it.

Seriously are we trying to turn Irish politics into the same discourse that goes on in American?
    Irish millennials are disgusted they don’t live in America so they could justify their phoney outrage.

Change.

You sound like Sarah Palin. She got great mileage from funnin' on 'hope' and 'change'.

You sound like Sarah Palin. She got great mileage from funnin' on 'hope' and 'change'.

Pearse Doherty is starting to sound like someone who suffered a serious head injury and now goes around saying the same word over and over.

Seriously are we trying to turn Irish politics into the same discourse that goes on in American?
    Irish millennials are disgusted they don’t live in America so they could justify their phoney outrage.

Hold on horse cut the baloney. This is a response to FG'ers dodging criticism.
    If people are going to try change the discussion to being hypocritical about any other party it should be pointed out.
    I agree about the phoney outrage. It gets used a lot and plays into my point about hypocrisy.
    "Irish millennials are disgusted they don't live in America"? People are complex and have complex issues to deal with. I think millennials have it very tough. Buying a house is a dream they may never fulfill. Rent is impossible for some. Global financial crisis and global pandemic. Not to mention ever decreasing benefits and having had to deal with zero hour contracts. Kids, am I right? :rolleyes:

Pearse Doherty is starting to sound like someone who suffered a serious head injury and now goes around saying the same word over and over.

So you're not like Sarah Palin?

Hold on horse cut the baloney. This is a response to FG'ers dodging criticism.
    If people are going to try change the discussion to being hypocritical about any other party it should be pointed out.
    I agree about the phoney outrage. It gets used a lot and plays into my point about hypocrisy.
    "Irish millennials are disgusted they don't live in America"? People are complex and have complex issues to deal with. I think millennials have it very tough. Buying a house is a dream they may never fulfill. Rent is impossible for some. Global financial crisis and global pandemic. Not to mention ever decreasing benefits and having had to deal with zero hour contracts. Kids, am I right? :rolleyes:

The most privileged generation in history have it tough according to you? You are a caricature of yourself.

If you want to start digging up dirt and talking about the history of political parties then you have to face up to the history of SF. So in that context, anything you come up with about FF FG pales in comparison to the **** that SF are up to their neck in and still wading through.

So you're not like Sarah Palin?

What are you on about, Matt?

The most privileged generation in history have it tough according to you? You are a caricature of yourself.

If you want to start digging up dirt and talking about the history of political parties then you have to face up to the history of SF. So in that context, anything you come up with about FF FG pales in comparison to the **** that SF are up to their neck in and still wading through.

If you are going to ignore most of my comment and take the remainder out of context why should I take your hypocritical diversion seriously?
    O'Leary is a FG councilor now. Where's the outrage from FG?

It's obvious all FG have is attacking the electorate and SF.
    FG should really examine that.

• Advertisement

If you are going to ignore most of my comment and take the remainder out of context why should I take your hypocritical diversion seriously?

FG are back in power. Deal with it dude.

What are you on about, Matt?

You keep posting about Change. Making light of it, like Sarah Palin.

Bad taste about head injuries considering the wee boy in Belfast

FG are back in power. Deal with it dude.

Yet FG'ers cant post about it and are still obsessed with SF. Very odd dawg.

Is this the manufactured outrage over that tweet. Another example of a millennial trying to wrench something out of context to justify their phoney outrage. Anyone who is capable of tying their own shoes knows that he was referring to SF IRA but you and many other millennials chose to get outraged because the fashion is to call everyone a nazi these days.

Gardai burned the van in the Lunny case and not a murmur from Flanagan or Drew Harris, there's been numerous headline worthy incidents the last few months that should have been used to hold FG to account but were played down by a cuckolded media, country has changed for the worse in the last while,

Is this the manufactured outrage over that tweet. Another example of a millennial trying to wrench something out of context to justify their phoney outrage. Anyone who is capable of tying their own shoes knows that he was referring to SF IRA but you and many other millennials chose to get outraged because the fashion is to call everyone a nazi these days.

He names Fianna Fail,his new best buddies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Yes I voted for SF the last election and every other party on the ballot paper with the exception of FG and the mad racist son of a FGer,

As I expected.
    Every other party on the ballot? You make it sound like there’s 40 of them!
    You should probably harness all your anger into something more productive to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

If this government lasts, FG's consecutive time in government will pass out the Bertie governments soon and will be about two years off the FF monopoly from the 1930s by the end of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

You keep posting about Change. Making light of it, like Sarah Palin.

Sarah Palin?

That’s weak, even for yourself

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement