Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I see Leo is out and about carrying out some of his Tánaiste duties.

If the Government lasts the term then FG will have been in power for 14 years. Impressive.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

They didn't rehabilitate them. FG did.

Own it.

FF, before ever entering a C&S arrangement with FG, had more seats then any of the parties received in the election just gone. You continue with this mantra when it is abundantly clear that the electorate simply floated back to FF while they were in opposition. The C&S arrangement lost them seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Gardai burned the van in the Lunny case and not a murmur from Flanagan or Drew Harris, there's been numerous headline worthy incidents the last few months that should have been used to hold FG to account but were played down by a cuckolded media, country has changed for the worse in the last while,

What a load of made up sh1te

Always funny to see a Shinner going on about rehabilitation when they have former terrorists sitting in the Dáil, consider themselves judge and jury for sex abuse crimes, and consider sociopaths like Slab Murphy to be ‘good republicans’.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Mortelaro wrote: »
    What a load of made up sh1te

What part is made up?
    Was the van burned?
    Did Drew make a statement?
    Did Charlie mumble incoherently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,820 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Podge_irl wrote: »
    FF, before ever entering a C&S arrangement with FG, had more seats then any of the parties received in the election just gone. You continue with this mantra when it is abundantly clear that the electorate simply floated back to FF while they were in opposition. The C&S arrangement lost them seats.

Of course the C&S lost them seats. The electorate are not fools.
    We'll see what coalition does for their seat numbers next time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Always funny to see a Shinner going on about rehabilitation when they have former terrorists sitting in the Dáil, consider themselves judge and jury for sex abuse crimes, and consider sociopaths like Slab Murphy to be ‘good republicans’.

When FG contains a former TD who is reported to be a cross between Savile and Sutcliffe I don't think there's much room for being judgemental, will FG keep his body in the freezer rather than report his death for fear of the repercussions

When FG contains a former TD who is reported to be a cross between Savile and Sutcliffe I don't think there's much room for being judgemental, will FG keep his body in the freezer rather than report his death for fear of the repercussions

Huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Is this the manufactured outrage over that tweet. Another example of a millennial trying to wrench something out of context to justify their phoney outrage. Anyone who is capable of tying their own shoes knows that he was referring to SF IRA but you and many other millennials chose to get outraged because the fashion is to call everyone a nazi these days.

Yes it is. Now you're getting it. The outrage at Hologan seems to be faux alright. Because those getting upset about it ignore O'Leary admiring fascists because he's FG.

Your millennial talk is just more evidence that if any section of society is in trouble the FG way is to dismiss and deride them. So its low income tax payers and now anyone under 49 house dobt like. I don't think FG kniw when politicians are supposed to do.

I'm not outraged at Hologan at all. I think he's an ejit and I'd not vote for him.
    What's your view on O'Leary?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

So how did FG "rehabilitate" them? You bring it up constantly and it has never made any sense. FF recovered to 44 seats while in opposition with nothing to do with FG. Unless you are going to claim that they "rehabilitated" them by the simple nature of their government, which would beg questions about why it didn't do as much for other parties.

• Advertisement

Sarah Palin?

That’s weak, even for yourself

Actually the fact you felt the need to post this is.

Still no comment on O'Leary admiring fascists?

One day you might be able to defend FG without changing the subject. Unlikely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Bowie wrote: »
    Now you're getting it. The outrage at Hologan seems to be manufactured alright. Because those getting upset about it ignore O'Leary admiring fascists because he's FG.

Your millennial talk is just more evidence that if any section of society is in trouble the FG way is to dismiss and deride them. So its low income tax payers and now anyone under 40 youse don't like. I don't think FG know what politicians are supposed to do.

I'm not outraged at Hologan at all. I think he's an ejit and I'd not vote for him.
    What's your view on O'Leary? I think the fact you can't believe people would have a genuine problem with a councilor admiring fascists says more about you.
    Councillors are not always the brightest no matter how important they think they are. Holohan's position puts him in direct conflict with what modern parties embrace and they are two areas that will be guaranteed a lot of attention. It also puts a spotlight on SF, even if it's his own personal idiocy at work and it would be detrimental to their social media strategy. They've had a few bum days since the election with other party idiots. Not sure about the other guy's fetish but it doesn't sound like a button pusher at all.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Councillors are not always the brightest no matter how important they think they are. Holohan's position puts him in direct conflict with what modern parties embrace and they are two areas that will be guaranteed a lot of attention. It also puts a spotlight on SF, even if it's his own personal idiocy at work and it would be detrimental to their social media strategy. They've had a few bum days since the election with other party idiots. Not sure about the other guy's fetish but it doesn't sound like a button pusher at all.

I agree. Point is FG folk repeatedly bring him up but won't comment on their own lad. Same on the anti vaxxer 5G thing. Basically FG can't stand on its own merits, at least that's what its supporters seem to think. We'll be hearing little hypocritical anecdotes for some time to come I expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,868 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Would you ever make up your mind?

First, you go on and on for months and months about how FG had rehabilitated FF. Then when someone stops laughing at your posts long enough to point out the facts that FF lost seats because of the Confidence and Supply Arrangement, you revert to predicting they will lose more because of the coalition.

Really? Do you expect that to be taken any more seriously?

I'm not outraged at Hologan at all.

We are full aware that you are one of those who fails to see obvious low-level homophobia, not a surprise that you would excuse Paddy.

blanch152 wrote: »
    We are full aware that you are one of those who fails to see obvious low-level homophobia, not a surprise that you would excuse Paddy.

Don't excuse him at all. So you are aware of very little it seems.
    You do however prove my point. Manufactured outrage at Holohan. I don't believe you'd have any issue with him if he were in Fine Gael.
    Look at FG councilor O'Leary. You think his admiring fascists should be dismissed. That's the height of hypocrisy Blanch.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,820 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Would you ever make up your mind?

First, you go on and on for months and months about how FG had rehabilitated FF. Then when someone stops laughing at your posts long enough to point out the facts that FF lost seats because of the Confidence and Supply Arrangement, you revert to predicting they will lose more because of the coalition.

Really? Do you expect that to be taken any more seriously?

People saw through the 'we are different parties' bull****...simple as that. FG fell to 20% FF to 24% because there was an alternative party - SF

The result of that is the two 'different' party's coalescing together. The electorate will pronounce their verdict on that next time out.

Should change the thread title at this stage. FG will be in Government for the next 5 years.

Should change the thread title at this stage. FG will be in Government for the next 5 years.

Or the 'anytime anyone criticises FG say something about SF' :)

• Advertisement

Or the 'anytime anyone criticises FG say something about SF' :)

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander, Matt.

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander, Matt.

No idea what that means.
    Trying to discuss FG myself. If I wanted to bring SF up constantly I'd go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Just leave this here, this is a guy McMurphy quoted when trying to criticise the govt over covid earlier.
    https://twitter.com/Antcon7062/status/1276928911117561860?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Just leave this here, this is a guy McMurphy quoted when trying to criticise the govt over covid earlier.
    https://twitter.com/Antcon7062/status/1276928911117561860?s=20

Where and when did I quote him?

What did he say in the tweet I quoted?

Was his tweet then accurate?

Why is it relevant, can someone not critique something/someone and also condone it/them.

Would you like a piece of timber to stir that big pot of shyte?

McMurphy wrote: »
    Where and when did I quote him?

What did he say in the tweet I quoted?

Was his tweet then accurate?

Why is it relevant, can someone not critique something/someone and also condone it/them.

Would you like a piece of timber to stir that big pot of shyte?

You held him up as someone that criticized the government
    My response at the time was I've never heard of him
    Now someone is posting a tweet of his in praise of Simon Harris
    Thats a touche against you I believe

Your response? Some kind of gibberish

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Mortelaro wrote: »
    You held him up as someone that criticized the government
    My response at the time was I've never heard of him
    Now someone is posting a tweet of his in praise of Simon Harris
    Thats a touche against you I believe

Your response? Some kind of gibberish

Ahhhh, I remember it now.

https://twitter.com/Antcon7062/status/1274036988728008707?s=19

That's correct, and "you never heard of him" then.

I asked why that mattered, and did it give any less credence to his tweet?

So now you've heard of him, and because it's something positive about All the other covids Simon, he's a hum-dinger of a tweeter?

Incidentally, I didn't quote him for this
    Bishop wrote:
    when trying to criticise the govt over covid earlier.
    Leo is not the govt, I quoted his tweet in full agreement with him, that while the govt got some things right, it wasn't the time and place for an in joke bet. And I stand over that.

Touche indeed Morty. It's a pity you have flat batteries in your irony detector.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Ahhhh, I remember it now.

https://twitter.com/Antcon7062/status/1274036988728008707?s=19

That's correct, and "you never heard of him" then.

I asked why that mattered, and did it give any less credence to his tweet?

So now you've heard of him, and because it's something positive about All the other covids Simon, he's a hum-dinger of a tweeter?

Incidentally, I didn't quote him for this Leo is not the govt, I quoted his tweet in full agreement with him, that while the govt got some things right, it wasn't the time and place for an in joke bet. And I stand over that.

Touche indeed Morty. It's a pity you have flat batteries in your irony detector.

It really depends on how serious you take issues.

Getting praise for doing a good job as Minister and credit for delivering the repeal of the 8th?
    Criticism for a "Mean Girls" quote?

One is a serious issue that affected thousands of Irish women, and the other is just people getting upset about a quote. If you attach more importance to his tweet on the latter, that says more about you than about him.

It really depends on how serious you take issues.

Getting praise for doing a good job as Minister and credit for delivering the repeal of the 8th?
    Criticism for a "Mean Girls" quote?

One is a serious issue that affected thousands of Irish women, and the other is just people getting upset about a quote. If you attach more importance to his tweet on the latter, that says more about you than about him.

It really does.
    One is a serious issue that affected thousands of Irish women, the other was just covid the number 19, that's a global pandemic.
    You look completely hypocritical and foolish.
    Still defending his quote fun.
    It's not people making it bigger than it was it's you pretending they are so you can justify dismissing it. It was poor taste and inappropriate.

It really does.
    One is a serious issue that affected thousands of Irish women, the other was just covid the number 19, that's a global pandemic.
    It's not people making it bigger than it was it's you pretending they are so you can justify dismissing it. It was poor taste and inappropriate.

I will more than accept a joke in poor taste and inappropriate from the Taoiseach (let's pretend I agree with you) when his government delivered on the Covid-19 issue and saved hundreds of lives.

• Advertisement

It really does.

The quote thing,outside of the twitter niche and a slow news day is as relevant as a split hair tbh
    It has no legs
    Epic fail

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement