Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    I will more than accept a joke in poor taste and inappropriate from the Taoiseach (let's pretend I agree with you) when his government delivered on the Covid-19 issue and saved hundreds of lives.

You just spoke on how serious the cervicheck scandal was and then downplayed the seriousness of covid 19 to excuse Varadkars bad taste bet. Was only a joke if you were in on it. It wasn't a joke to lighten the mood as you suggested previously. If you can't understand it was in bad taste and showed a lack of empathy thats cool Blanch. Disappointed and embarrassed by him. Not outraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,868 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    You just spoke on how serious the cervicheck scandal was and then downplayed the seriousness of covid 19 to excuse Varadkars bad taste bet. Was only a joke if you were in on it. It wasn't a joke to lighten the mood as you suggested previously. If you can't understand it was in bad taste and showed a lack of empathy thats cool Blanch. Disappointed and embarrassed by him. Not outraged.

When it comes to Varadkar, you take everything too seriously. It was a joke, get over it.

Mortelaro wrote: »
    The quote thing,outside of the twitter niche and a slow news day is as relevant as a split hair tbh
    It has no legs
    Epic fail

Okay, weren't you just quoting some punter off twitter to try get a limp dig in? :rolleyes:

blanch152 wrote: »
    When it comes to Varadkar, you take everything too seriously. It was a joke, get over it.

Nope. I gave it its due. It's old news alright. You can't let it go or accept it for what it was. It'll be part of his legacy like Enda's man with two pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,817 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The quote thing,outside of the twitter niche and a slow news day is as relevant as a split hair tbh
    It has no legs
    Epic fail

Utter nonsense.

He has had to explain it and justify it in almost every every interview he has done since. It was a topic for discussion on prime time current affairs programmes on Friday Saturday and Sunday.

I think trying to represent those days as 'slow news days' considering what was happening is more of the misrepresentation you guys engage in. And prime media slots are not 'twitter niches' either. Almost every mainstream journalist on there has had something to say about it too.

So carry on with the handwaving...you just look pathetic doing it at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Thick Phil staying put, blocking the exit door on Varadker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Utter nonsense.

He has had to explain it and justify it in almost every every interview

Lol,how many interviews?
    I just saw the rte prime time one and surprise surprise, said interviews contents were the main item on morning Ireland the next day with the exception of the banal movie quote thing
    Perspective
    Its not news
    You're prone to exaggeration and barrel scratching

Lol,how many interviews?
    I just saw the rte prime time one and surprise surprise, said interviews contents were the main item on morning Ireland the next day with the exception of the banal movie quote thing
    Perspective
    Its not news

Keep trying to handwave it away.

Your comment that it is just a twitter thing has been shown to be rubbish.

Lol,how many interviews?
    Perspective
    Its not news

Facebook is full of pisstakes of him, just seems to be he's so empty headed he'll repeat any thing .

Keep trying to handwave it away.

Your comment that it is just a twitter thing has been shown to be rubbish.

it is just a twitter thing mostly
    Every person trying to make an issue of it are relatively prominent on that niche platform
    It overflowed out of it for a day or two in a small way
    A non story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Fg logic.

Twitter user states that although the govt have handled some of the covid pandemic well, Varadkar really shouldn't be making quotes to win a bet - who is this fella? Never heard of him he's irrelevant.

Same Twitter user tweets admiration for Simon Coveney - haha McMurphy, that's you put in your box.

Point out how the two tweets aren't too different, except that he is critical of Leo's in-joke on one, but praises Coveney in the other.

No-one cares about some nobody on twitter - autistic nonsense rarrrr. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Facebook is full of pisstakes of him, just seems to be he's so empty headed he'll repeat any thing .

On groups with names like Call for a revolution in Ireland, Friends of Sinn Fein, No to Water Charges etc.

Filled with low IQ morons who spend all day being outraged on the internet. Badly designed photoshop images seem to be their way of trying to communicate with each other.

Most of them are pond life to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

McMurphy wrote: »
    Where and when did I quote him?

What did he say in the tweet I quoted?

Was his tweet then accurate?

Why is it relevant, can someone not critique something/someone and also condone it/them.

Would you like a piece of timber to stir that big pot of shyte?

I see you later remembered it.
    I used the stick you brought to the pot.

Fg logic.

Twitter user states that although the govt have handled some of the covid pandemic well, Varadkar really shouldn't be making quotes to win a bet - who is this fella? Never heard of him he's irrelevant.

Same Twitter user tweets admiration for Simon Coveney - haha McMurphy, that's you put in your box.

Point out how the two tweets aren't too different, except that he is critical of Leo's in-joke on one, but praises Coveney in the other.

No-one cares about some nobody on twitter - autistic nonsense rarrrr. :pac:

I've said your comedy is better than the other shinners,I will have to stand by that

I still haven't a clue though who that tweeter is,I didn't post his praise of Simon Harris but I'll wager,he's not going on and on and on and on about a non news story
    The fact he has nice praise for Harris shows he has perspective mind.

I've said your comedy is better than the other shinners,I will have to stand by that

I still haven't a clue though who that tweeter is,I didn't post his praise of Simon Harris but I'll wager,he's not going on and on and on and on about a non news story

Jaysus, do you get sore twisting stuff? :D:D

You are heading for No.1 defender of the faith spot Mort.

I have praised Varadkar, Simon and Simon & Co (sounds like a firm of dodgy Mafia lawyers :) for the good things they have done when it is relevant and criticised them when it is relevant.

You are the only one lacking perspective here, you defend everything.

I don't know who he is either, but for his praise of Simon, there's dozens of replies to the same tweet by people (also unbeknownst to me) who basically said Simon was depriving a village of it's idiot.

All tweeters are equal, but some are more equal than others.

On groups with names like Call for a revolution in Ireland, Friends of Sinn Fein, No to Water Charges etc.

Filled with low IQ morons who spend all day being outraged on the internet. Badly designed photoshop images seem to be their way of trying to communicate with each other.

Well we'd Mortello suggesting many posters on here were borderline autistic on both sides.
    I assume hes referring to people who comment in specific threads on specific issues versus those who make fools of themselves trying to defend and dismiss those criticisms with insults and slurs.
    Now we've you referring to people you disagree with as low IQ morons or pond life.
    You should really stop spending all day being outraged on the internet.

I don't know who he is either, but for his praise of Simon, there's dozens of replies to the same tweet by people (also unbeknownst to me) who basically said Simon was depriving a village of it's idiot.

That's nice
    what percentage of the population at large are they,with twitter use in Ireland at 29% or so
    Fairly miniscule warrior class,some no doubt multiple tweeting
    Bubble rage springs to mind

Well we'd Mortello suggesting many posters on here were borderline autistic on both sides.
    I assume hes referring to people who comment in specific threads on specific issues versus those who make fools of themselves trying to defend and dismiss those criticisms with insults and slurs.
    Now we've you referring to people you disagree with as low IQ morons or pond life.
    You should really stop spending all day being outraged on the internet.

jaysis...
    yes,it is my opinion, the only word I used that you've quoted correctly from me above,that some of the activity on these threads is borderline autistic
    It would certainly raise flags with me if it was someone I cared about

jaysis...
    yes,it is my opinion, the only word I used that you've quoted correctly from me above,that some of the activity on these threads is borderline autistic

That's what I said. You likened some posters on both sides as being borderline autistic.

• Advertisement

That's nice
    what percentage of the population at large are they,with twitter use in Ireland at 29% or so
    Fairly miniscule warrior class,some no doubt multiple tweeting
    Bubble rage springs to mind

People who disregard the importance of social media platforms such as Twitter or Facebook, are the type of people who don't understand the influence social media has on the up and coming younger generation.

I'm thinking of the kind of people that think a public Facebook group needs you to sign up to read it's contents, or thinks that you need to scour the depths of twitter to see what's trending on it.

Dinosaurs. :D

jaysis...

I understand you want to be as disparaging and insulting of views you don't like, but is there any need to invoke conditions such as autism to do that?

It is a bit un-seemingly to be doing that.

I understand you want to be as disparaging and insulting of views you don't like, but is there any need to invoke conditions such as autism to do that?

It is a bit un-seemingly to be doing that.
    I've given a view on what I'd be concerned about here in these threads is all
    sycophants on twitter and their overspill elsewhere including here,I'll share my views on what they're talking about too and on them just as you do likewise towards me and the topics,the politicians posts and posters
    At the end of the day,all this wagon circling I'd expect to have no influence on anything
    Conversation is entertaining sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Like this one!
    https://twitter.com/PhelanVicky/status/1276989933400580097?s=20

I've given a view on what I'd be concerned about here in these threads is all
    sycophants on twitter and their overspill elsewhere including here,I'll share my views on what they're talking about too and on them just as you do likewise towards me and the topics,the politicians posts and posters
    At the end of the day,all this wagon circling I'd expect to have no influence on anything
    Conversation is entertaining sometimes

You consider the behaviour you are criticising to be wrong or deviant in some way.
    I am just telling you that comparing that to a condition like autism is deeply offensive to those dealing with autism.

Take it on board or continue, it's up to you. Just pointing it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Jaysus, do you get sore twisting stuff? :D:D

You are heading for No.1 defender of the faith spot Mort.

I have praised Varadkar, Simon and Simon & Co (sounds like a firm of dodgy Mafia lawyers :) for the good things they have done when it is relevant and criticised them when it is relevant.

You are the only one lacking perspective here, you defend everything.

Francie you must have a sore arse straddling that fence!

Who do you think you are trying to fool

You have spent the last three months at the crease trying to denigrate FG ,Leo Varadkar, and anything to do with the previous govt.

Hammer and tongs.

Then you expect people to think you are being un-biased, balanced and fair in your discourse.

Of course you are entitled to your views,as are others, but to come on here
    and try to portray yourself as a paragon of unbiased and balanced opinion is frankly ‘challenged’

People are not that thick to be taken in by that rubbish, and trying to portray yourself as someone in that light is frankly making little of other posters.

You should take a look at your posting content, a chara.

You have spent the last three months at the crease trying to denigrate FG ,Leo Varadkar, and anything to do with the previous govt.

Hammer and tongs.

Then you expect people to think you are being un-biased, balanced and fair in your discourse.

and try to portray yourself as a paragon of unbiased and balanced opinion is frankly ‘challenged’

People are not that thick to be taken in by that rubbish, and trying to portray yourself as someone in that light is frankly making little of other posters.

How would you describe your input Bren?

Hammer and tongs.

I have criticised FG...god save me from all harm.

I have also praised them for their work on:

Brexit - in the relevant forum and it was unqualified praise. I think Coveney, Richmond and McEntee did a good job and had no qualms saying it.

Covid: Again, I had and have no qualms saying they handled it well ...mostly. But they have gotten stuff wrong.

8th Amendment - Nothing but praise and congrats from me.

Overall, I think they have done a job which does not warrant them being in government Brendan. I am fully aware of that content, thank you and I stand over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

How would you describe your input Bren?

Straight up the middle, seeing the big picture, understanding that stuff has to be paid for, understanding that we live in a country where we don’t really make stuff that people want to buy, therefore we have to attract in people who can make that stuff, and employ our people ,pay them, and produce income tax for the country.

Understanding that people who take big risks and employ people need to be rewarded otherwise nobody would take risks.

Supporting those who make an effort, and those who through no fault of their own fall on hard times.

All that auld boring stuff, a chara.

Old fashioned I know, but hey, that’s how I roll dude.

• Advertisement

Naw, its on ordinary pages, stuff selling furniture, some of the raffle sites, most of the country think the man's an airhead, don't need no conspiracy shyte to drag him down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement