Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Looks like all the double jobbing took its toll on poor auld Dara.

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1278657450946834432?s=19

Poor fcuker is probably exhausted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

McMurphy wrote: »
    Looks like all the double jobbing took its toll on poor auld Dara.

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1278657450946834432?s=19

Poor fcuker is probably exhausted.

Probably retiring on the Air miles.
    Be interesting to see where he ends up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Bowie wrote: »
    Probably retiring on the Air miles.
    Be interesting to see where he ends up.

Has he burned all his D.E bridge's?

Didn't he kind of leave Leo in the proverbial (or so we were told)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I'd say he doesn't care

Mr Murphy resigned from the Dáil last December amid controversy over his salary and expenses as a TD to take up the position as member of the cabinet of Bulgaria's EU Commissioner Mariya Gabriel.

But he has left the position of special adviser to the EU Commissioner for Innovation after just six months "by mutual agreement" to take up what he said was a "new opportunity" in the autumn.

In a statement, Ms Gabriel said: "By mutual agreement Dara Murphy has left my Cabinet. I am very grateful for his contribution from the beginning of the mandate. I wish Dara all the best for the future."

Responding to queries from Independent.ie, Mr Murphy said: "I left the Commissioners cabinet two weeks ago to take up a new opportunity in the autumn.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/controversial-former-fg-td-dara-murphy-leaves-eu-role-after-less-than-a-year-39334837.html

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    Has he burned all his D.E bridge's?

Didn't he kind of leave Leo in the proverbial (or so we were told)?

Leo knew all along he was double jobbing. He waited until it was mentioned in the media before he pretended to have issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 SpielCheck

Is this Dara Murphy of Garda taxi ride fame?

Or have I mixed.him up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

https://westernpeople.ie/2020/07/02/ring-for-taoiseach-mayo-td-takes-major-swipe-at-his-party-leader/#.Xv4E4flKiUk

"“I will look after Mayo and I make no apologies for looking after Mayo. The people of Mayo gave me 15,000 votes and elected me on the first count, the only Fine Gael TD in the country that was elected on the first count. Leo Varadkar got 8,000 votes and it took him five counts to get elected. Between himself and Paschal Donoghue, they got 12,000 votes and I beat the two of them put together. So I make no apology for representing the people,” Ring stated."

Alls going well in Fine Gael

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

https://westernpeople.ie/2020/07/02/ring-for-taoiseach-mayo-td-takes-major-swipe-at-his-party-leader/#.Xv4E4flKiUk

"“I will look after Mayo and I make no apologies for looking after Mayo. The people of Mayo gave me 15,000 votes and elected me on the first count, the only Fine Gael TD in the country that was elected on the first count. Leo Varadkar got 8,000 votes and it took him five counts to get elected. Between himself and Paschal Donoghue, they got 12,000 votes and I beat the two of them put together. So I make no apology for representing the people,” Ring stated."

Alls going well in Fine Gael

Not as is alledged, breaking the law like O’Neill.

So Ring is saying because he beat the combined vote of varadkar and Donohue he doesn't have to apologize for representing his constituents

That's the calibre of elected official we have here

• Advertisement

SpielCheck wrote: »
    So Ring is saying because he beat the combined vote of varadkar and Donohue he doesn't have to apologize for representing his constituents

That's the calibre of elected official we have here

That hand pump has done his day, soaked the the taxpayer for long enough.

Done your day Ring, get off the stage, and don’t make a bigger fool of yourself.

Not as is alledged, breaking the law like O’Neill.

Going to a funeral versus double jobbing, getting paid to represent your constituents while working another job in Europe?
    I know the pictures help but prioritise Bren ;)

Six one made an awful big drama of the O'Neill controversy

It's very sad. We've sitserv postponed, various national crises and the fallout from covid and they'll go for the shinners going to a funeral. A slap on the wrist for not social distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Every party in the north have requested O'Neill to step aside during the police investigation.

Take your tinfoil hat off, RTE aren't making any drama out if it, SF are the only ones responsible.

Hurrache wrote: »
    Every party in the north have requested O'Neill to step aside during the police investigation.

Take your tinfoil hat off, RTE aren't making any drama out if it, SF are the only ones responsible.

That's where the drama originated , the other parties up there

Tommie gorman just played along with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Its kind of to be expected, they did something stupid, and then compounded it with their arrogance. Now they have the other parties in the North calling for her to step aside.

When the focus should have been on all the infighting in the new government, SF were busy kicking the ball in to their own net and then continuing to dig themselves deeper and deeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,868 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

christy c wrote: »
    Its kind of to be expected, they did something stupid, and then compounded it with their arrogance. Now they have the other parties in the North calling for her to step aside.

When the focus should have been on all the infighting in the new government, SF were busy kicking the ball in to their own net and then continuing to dig themselves deeper and deeper.

Missed the six one news, but knew this one would run and run when I saw the footage on the nine o'clock last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

That's where the drama originated , the other parties up there

Tommie gorman just played along with it

So you're saying that it has nothing to do with RTE, not sure why you initially said it was them making it a drama.

Bowie wrote: »
    Going to a funeral versus double jobbing, getting paid to represent your constituents while working another job in Europe?
    I know the pictures help but prioritise Bren ;)

Breaking the law it’s alleged, dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

That hand pump has done his day, soaked the the taxpayer for long enough.

Done your day Ring, get off the stage, and don’t make a bigger fool of yourself.

Spot on Bendar there's pricks and scrotes in every political party...so I'll give you a Ring or I'll raise you Cowan ok I'll toss in a Ferris to counter your O'Snodaig etc etc..is futile .

The Shinners scored a big own goal with their arrogance on the funeral issue...have to say it brought back to mind all those allegations of bullying within the party which led to all the resignations some time back.

They would do well to show some remorse and apologise to the people of Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,817 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

They would do well to show some remorse and apologise to the people of Belfast.

They did that several days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

They did that several days ago.

They didn't really, Francie. Very mealy-mouthed apology designed to ensure they didn't show too much sincerity to Free Staters and 'the other side'.

Backfired badly. It's county hurling you are playing now, lads. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

They didn't really, Francie. Very mealy-mouthed apology designed to ensure they didn't show too much sincerity to Free Staters and 'the other side'.

Too right Flash....half hearted sh1t that further disrespected the people of Belfast in my opinion.

Never had much respect for the the two beuers that lead them on the island ........I think the "senior hurling" will expose their shortcomings big time.

Watch and see........

• Registered Users Posts: 68,817 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

What backfired.

Far as I can see the story du jour is about a certain TD/Minister from Offaly. Belfast hasn't gotten a look in in two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Too right Flash....half hearted sh1t that further disrespected the people of Belfast in my opinion.

Never had much respect for the the two beuers that lead them on the island ........I think the "senior hurling" will expose their shortcomings big time.

Watch and see........

Up against Brendan Lynskey and Sylvie Linnane now, Nevin, and the lads are in bad mood. Plenty of timber flying, and no issue with knocking the top set of delph out of a lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

Hurrache wrote: »

Shinners are legends for making themselves out as the victims . Sure they have loads of their fan boys to spend all their days defending them what with dole money making it pointless to actually make an honest living

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Shinners are legends for making themselves out as the victims . Sure they have loads of their fan boys to spend all their days defending them what with dole money making it pointless to actually make an honest living

This thread is about Fine Gael.

You should let Leo know. If they are on the dole they'd better be in the least seeking work.
    I see they are curtailing Covid payments for the public individual but looking to expand for business. That seems about right. Profits are more important than people getting by after all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Pascal Donohoe has just been elected president of the Euro group of finance ministers, in a proud moment for our country

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement