Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Pascal Donohoe has just been elected president of the Euro group of finance ministers, in a proud moment for our country

A hugely able, intelligent, likeable and decent man.

A credit to the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Pascal Donohoe has just been elected president of the Euro group of finance ministers, in a proud moment for our country

Wardy 16 should have got that gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

If people don’t have employment and they don’t pay taxes then the pot of money for social welfare payments runs dry. This is simple stuff, Matt. There’s no such thing as a money tree.

You would think.
    Profits don't go into the pot.
    prof·it

/ˈpräfət/

noun

a financial gain, especially the difference between the amount earned and the amount spent in buying, operating, or producing something.

Bowie wrote: »
    You would think.
    Profits don't go into the pot.

That seems to be a dirty word to you, compadre.

Do you include risk into your calculations there, a chara.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

A hugely able, intelligent, likeable and decent man.

A credit to the country.

Have sympathy for the poor EU translators, all those extra Ssss's

• Advertisement

That seems to be a dirty word to you, compadre.

Do you include risk into your calculations there, a chara.

To return to the intial comment I don't see why private profit must be protected over helping people eat and pay rent.
    But that's FG.

To return to the intial comment I don't see why private profit must be protected over helping people eat and pay rent.
    But that's FG.

Sure, so everybody should just sit back do nothing and the State will feed and house you.

Yeh, Pearse could go for that, in fairness.

Sure, so everybody should just sit back do nothing and the State will feed and house you.

Yeh, Pearse could go for that, in fairness.

Covid payments Bren. Talking about that.
    Sure banks are charging interest for the period 'we are were all in this together'.
    You are meandering now.

Padraigh Pearse?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Have sympathy for the poor EU translators, all those extra Ssss's

That was probably funnier in your head, my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

That was probably funnier in your head, my friend.

No it's funny full stop,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Terrible stuff. Interesting that it's the Times UK going with this.Did I miss the coverage in the Indo?

https://twitter.com/barrycrushell/status/1279898084076642304?s=19

smurgen wrote: »
    Terrible stuff. Interesting that it's the Times UK going with this.Did I miss the coverage in the Indo?

Terrible stuff indeed...... tell us what’s been proved up to now.

I would be quite interested.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

i.e Nothing to see here, move along

It's a discussion Bren.
    We can only go on what's reported. The letter was sent and it got the man off the hook.
    What's not proven is her reasoning for doing so.

It's a discussion Bren.
    We can only go on what's reported. The letter was sent and it got the man off the hook.
    What's not proven is her reasoning for doing so.

Ok..... I’m sure that it will be sorted.

If laws were broken, then penalties should accrue.

What problems does that throw up, Bee.

Ok..... I’m sure that it will be sorted.

If laws were broken, then penalties should accrue.

What problems does that throw up, Bee.

I doubt any laws were broken. Acting against the public interest isn't illegal Bren. Acting crony isn't always illegal. What she did was likely not illegal Would you give her a pass if it wasnt illegal?

I doubt any laws were broken. Acting against the public interest isn't illegal Bren. Acting crony isn't always illegal. What she did was likely not illegal Would you give her a pass if it wasnt illegal?

I’d have to have the full facts,a chara, from reliable sources.

Not chaff from churns on an internet platform.

Nowt personal there, but you know yersel.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

smurgen wrote: »

On February last they did, I linked it somewhere recently, I think the govt thread.
    You must be and Indo reader smurgen;).

On February last they did, I linked it somewhere recently, I think the govt thread.
    You must be and Indo reader smurgen;).

Nothing on Brexit either. Two non stores so.

Good news for FG.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40018115.html
    And still no sign of a HH scandal as yet.
    I'm sure with this poll the digging is going to start in earnest for something to bite them with.

• Advertisement

Good news for FG.
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40018115.html
    And still no sign of a HH scandal as yet.
    I'm sure with this poll the digging is going to start in earnest for something to bite them with.

Yes ,your Lordship, saw a JCB heading for Parnell Sq.....aah no... heading for the ATM, driver must be just withdrawing cash.

Not a dickie bird about poor Heather, but I suppose if something ever happens she can say she was ‘down the sheds doing the washing’.

Seems a lot of ‘washing’ done in that area, cleanest folk in the Free State they keep saying hi.

Yes ,your Lordship, saw a JCB heading for Parnell Sq.....aah no... heading for the ATM, driver must be just withdrawing cash.

Not a dickie bird about poor Heather, but I suppose if something ever happens she can say she was ‘down the sheds doing the washing’.

Seems a lot of ‘washing’ done in that area, cleanest folk in the Free State they keep saying hi.

Happy Sunday, smile on my face anywars.:)

So is it youse don't think Heather did anything wrong or the fact the team still hasn't seen bad press yet?

Is that the win or would you not want answers from her even if you were a colleague or a member? Is trying to ignore problems a good practice?

So is it youse don't think Heather did anything wrong or the fact the team still hasn't seen bad press yet?

Is that the win or would you not want answers from her even if you were a colleague or a member? Is trying to ignore problems a good practice?

If she did anything inappropriate I hope she is caught and pays the price.
    The fact its not gained traction seems to be telling.

If she did anything inappropriate I hope she is caught and pays the price.
    The fact its not gained traction seems to be telling.

We know she passed the letter. I'd see that as wrong. Does how much press it gets make the ethical judgment?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,868 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Let me see......

Heather wasn’t convicted of drunken assault, neither did she lie about her brothers child abuse. She is neither a gun-runner not does she party and celebrate when Garda-killers are released from prison. I don’t think she went to any fake funerals and broke Covid lockdown restrictions, she isn’t an anti-vaxxer and as far as I know she didn’t refuse to pay her bills so a charity went out of business. Oh, she doesn’t do racist misogynistic podcasts or tweet sectarian selfies, so she mustn’t be too bad compared to that long list.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Let me see......

Heather wasn’t convicted of drunken assault, neither did she lie about her brothers child abuse. She is neither a gun-runner not does she party and celebrate when Garda-killers are released from prison. I don’t think she went to any fake funerals and broke Covid lockdown restrictions, she isn’t an anti-vaxxer and as far as I know she didn’t refuse to pay her bills so a charity went out of business. Oh, she doesn’t do racist misogynistic podcasts or tweet sectarian selfies, so she mustn’t be too bad compared to that long list.

Desperate Mr. B.
    Hypocritical to pretend anything others do gives HH a pass. You've either standards or you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,868 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Desperate Mr. B.
    Hypocritical to pretend anything others do gives HH a pass. You've either standards or you don't.

Yes, indeed, and as someone who claims to have standards, would you vote for a party with the likes of what I listed in them? Or do your standards only apply to everyone else?

Yes, indeed, and as someone who claims to have standards, would you vote for a party with the likes of what I listed in them? Or do your standards only apply to everyone else?

That's dodging again Blanch. You ignored my queries and just went for a deflection. Hypocritical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,817 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Did you miss the carry on of two of Heathers senior cumann members? :)

Wonder what a list of the weird and wonderful characters of FF FG over the years would look like. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement