Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

christy c wrote: »
    So we have established that the SF fans don't like FG, or Leo. There's a surprise.

Where do SF come into it? Is this you calling people bots? You get irate when same is done to you. I do note you bring up SF an awful lot anytime FG are criticised, but I know you only view FG as best of a bad lot, which begs the question, why do you care if people are critical of Leo or FG and why feel the need to throw in a SF reference?
    SF didn't make the tweet, was Leo's press chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭satguy

markodaly wrote: »
    Well, you did vote for them in the GE, did you not?

Yes, SF No.1 and FF No.2

Left it at that. The next GE should see two SF candidates on the ballot, so bye bye FF.

BTW about 20 constituencies should see Two SF candidates on the ballot next time round.

SF + 10 seats, maybe even 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Bowie wrote: »
    Where do SF come into it? Is this you calling people bots? You get irate when same is done to you. I do note you bring up SF an awful lot anytime FG are criticised, but I know you only view FG as best of a bad lot, which begs the question, why do you care if people are critical of Leo or FG and why feel the need to throw in a SF reference?
    SF didn't make the tweet, was Leo's press chap.

Not calling anyone a bot, its the people who vote for SF, spend a lot of time defending them, and attacking their opponents who seem the most upset with FG. I'm just saying that's not surprising. You called me a shill previously, that was different and pathetic IMO.

Why do I care if someone cristises FG? Because they are the best of a bad lot (IMO) as you said, and mostly the people criticising them here propose voting for worse alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,858 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

satguy wrote: »
    Yes, SF No.1 and FF No.2

Left it at that. The next GE should see two SF candidates on the ballot, so bye bye FF.

BTW about 20 constituencies should see Two SF candidates on the ballot next time round.

SF + 10 seats, maybe even 12.

You are forgetting that Sinn Fein will lose a few. Can't see Violet-Anne getting re-elected for one, Reada the anti-vaxxer won't be either.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,858 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Muahahaha wrote: »
    In all my years of watching senior hurling I have never seen a hurler come off the pitch moaning like a whingebag that he got bullied by the opposition.

Sounds to me like Leo needs some tissues and a nappy. If he cant handle the senior hurling then he should get off the pitch.

I feel your pain through the screen, how hurt you were by his comments.

It was more RBB and Smurphy crying like cowardly bullies when someone stood up to them. Fair play to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

McMurphy wrote: »
    Someone mentioning leo and FG in an FG thread?

What next, someone posting a link to a half price voucher in Bargain Alerts?

World's gone mad Blanch.

Michaél Martin has made the claim leo was arrogant on a number of occasions, only a matter of weeks ago.

So Leo's superior has flirted with Trump-like mud flinging, going by the bar you have set. FG undoubtedly lost the last election because of arrogance, (see the tans commemoration and how they handled the Maria Bailey controversy)

It isn't (the arrogance trait within FG) unique to Leo though to be fair, they're riddled with arrogance.

I agree with Francie on this one, leo was at the helm when FG suffered it's second ever greatest seat loss (during an economic boom apparently) on his first election as Taoiseach. His arrogance, if not dialled down some more will see them slip further in opinion polls.

Just because you say he's not arrogant, doesn't make it so I'm afraid.

He probably appears arrogant against the low tide of flacid incompetence in some of the other parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

So we have established that the SF fans don't like FG, or Leo. There's a surprise.

I must say Christy, for someone who "only votes for fg because they're the best of a bad lot" you spend an awful amount of time defending them, and trying (not always very successfully I might add) to tackle folk who have reason to critique them.

Just saying and all that jazz.

I must say Christy, for someone who "only votes for fg because they're the best of a bad lot" you spend an awful amount of time defending them, and trying (not always very successfully I might add) to tackle folk who have reason to critique them.

Just saying and all that jazz.

Given your earlier comprehension issues and arrogance, I'm not too interested in what you are "just saying".

I have about 1500 posts in 12 years, hardly an awful lot of time.

Anyway, I have wasted enough time one your nonsense. Good night.

Not calling anyone a bot, its the people who vote for SF, spend a lot of time defending them, and attacking their opponents who seem the most upset with FG. I'm just saying that's not surprising. You called me a shill previously, that was different and pathetic IMO.

Why do I care if someone cristises FG? Because they are the best of a bad lot (IMO) as you said, and mostly the people criticising them here propose voting for worse alternatives.

So people who don't vote for FG, criticise them the most. Interesting theory. Makes sense though right? Also many of these people likely gave SF a nod or support them. Seems sound.
    I'd argue you are confusing calling out weak whataboutery with defending.

Sorry it doesn't fly. I dont care who you vote for or why. You do jump in with SF references when FG are criticised. People calling that out aren't defending SF, they're calling that out.

blanch152 wrote: »
    I feel your pain through the screen, how hurt you were by his comments.

It was more RBB and Smurphy crying like cowardly bullies when someone stood up to them. Fair play to him.

Are you quoting 'Mean Girls'? Sounds like teenage girl level bullying. Quality as always Blanch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

blanch152 wrote: »
    You are forgetting that Sinn Fein will lose a few. Can't see Violet-Anne getting re-elected for one, Reada the anti-vaxxer won't be either.

You wish

So people who don't vote for FG, criticise them the most. Interesting theory. Makes sense though right? Also many of these people likely gave SF a nod or support them. Seems sound.
    I'd argue you are confusing calling out weak whataboutery with defending.

Sorry it doesn't fly. I dont care who you vote for or why. You do jump in with SF references when FG are criticised. People calling that out aren't defending SF, they're calling that out.

I made my point, if you don't understand it or agree, that's fine.

Given your earlier comprehension issues and arrogance, I'm not too interested in what you are "just saying".

I have about 1500 posts in 12 years, hardly an awful lot of time.

Anyway, I have wasted enough time one your nonsense. Good night.

He said FG were arrogant and now you're turning that on him. Very good Christy :rolleyes:

He said FG were arrogant and now you're turning that on him. Very good Christy :rilleyes

He said FG'S arrogance cost them the election, or words to that effect. I even agreed that FG were arrogant, but disagreed on the election part.

Maybe call me a shill again, seen as that is the standards you have set.

He said FG'S arrogance cost them the election, or words to that effect. I even agreed that FG were arrogant, but disagreed on the election part.

Maybe call me a shill again, seen as that is the standards you have set.

We were talking about the tweet to get a dig in at the widower and you brought up SF, so you tell me who's setting what standard?

He said FG were arrogant and now you're turning that on him. Very good Christy :rilleyes:

I actually said arrogance undoubtedly cost FG the last election, citing two exceptionally good examples of their arrogance (The Bailey and Tan controversies) but Christy obviously misread what I posted and went for hours arguing a point no-one ever made. :)

He even tried to say it wasn't arrogance that cost them the election, it was actually the housing and health crises, which,(apart from being an oxymoron) given the attitude of some posters in here proclaiming "either crisis didn't exist" and therefore = arrogance anyway.

We were talking about the tweet to get a dig in at the widower and you brought up SF, so you tell me who's setting what standard?

There were several things mentioned, including Leo having go at spoofers like Paul Murphy and RBB.

As you say yourself, one doesn’t cancel the other. So you pathetically calling me a shill is still pathetic.

I actually said arrogance undoubtedly cost FG the last election, citing two exceptionally good examples of their arrogance (The Bailey and Tan controversies) but Christy obviously misread what I posted and went for hours arguing a point no-one ever made. :)

He even tried to say it wasn't arrogance that cost them the election, it was actually the housing and health crises, which,(apart from being an oxymoron) given the attitude of some posters in here proclaiming "either crisis didn't exist" and therefore = arrogance anyway.

You're back to your brutal comprehension skills again. I said arrogance was a factor at 11.57, but you treated it as a startling revelation when I said it again at 13.30.

You told me sometime during the week you had enough on your plate and that you couldn't expand on your pension proposals, yet you seem to have time to generate paragraph after paragraph of nonsense.

You're back to your brutal comprehension skills again. I said arrogance was a factor at 11.57, but you treated it as a startling revelation when I said it again at 13.30.

You,. just minutes ago said you had wasted enough time with me, and bid me good night, and here you are implying it is I who have comprehension issues. Is this satire or what?
    You told me sometime during the week you had enough on your plate and that you couldn't expand on your pension proposals, yet you seem to have time to generate paragraph after paragraph of nonsense.

That's correct, I told you I have enough on my own plate in my own business without compiling pension plans for the government, given the amount of special advisers and number crunchers they have - why, on god's green earth would I dream up a policy of mandatory pension deductions, and how the mechanisms of the same would work if they can't be bothered their hole doing so?

For added value, I also said I'd fully support tying dole payments to income tax contributions over the years for a limited time (the more you put in the more you get out) as a safety net, and to discourage dole as a career choice, and I'd also get behind the idea of means testing child support payments too.

Can I send an invoice to paschal now?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fine-gael-blames-poor-election-result-on-series-of-pre-poll-gaffes-1.4317127?mode=amp

They still dont get it.....any amount of exit polls showed the main decisons people voted way they did was health and housing/homeless crisis

This was my point. Yet it is being blamed "undoubtedly" on arrogance. Arrogance was a factor, but the main reason was the price of housing and wait lists, etc with health.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,817 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

the price of housing and wait lists, etc with health.

...and FG's arrogant approach to it. It wasn't even a problem with the FG crew on here. They breezed into the election thinking the electorate were going to back them because they are the party of fiscal rectitude something or other. What an eyeopener the arrogant got.

You,. just minutes ago said you had wasted enough time with me, and bid me good night, and here you are implying it is I who have comprehension issues. Is this satire or what?

My bad, I should have left you to your nonsense rather than wasting more time.

As regards sending an invoice to Pascal, you don't need my permission, other than vote for FG on the last couple of elections i have no connection to them.

This was my point. Yet it is being blamed "undoubtedly" on arrogance. Arrogance was a factor, but the main reason was the price of housing and wait lists, etc with health.

You cannot seem to join the dots between their supporters arrogance with any suggestions that housing and health services had reached crisis point, and the correlation with how this caused the party to ultimately lose the election.

There were several things mentioned, including Leo having go at spoofers like Paul Murphy and RBB.

As you say yourself, one doesn’t cancel the other. So you pathetically calling me a shill is still pathetic.

So are people calling out whataboutery featuring PBP also Shinners? And how does this explain your using SF for deflection?
    So you inferring anyone critical of FG is SF because they call out weak whataboutery using SF, PBP and Paul Murphy might make no sense but is okay? Seems legit :rolleyes:

Yes....but they dismissed anyone who queried the housing crisis as shinners (ireland is only country in world,where homelessness is seen as a partisan issue btw,pure lunacy its left get to this stage)

To dismiss any/all critism as being work of shinners/partisan is essentially arrogance in my eyes anyway.......

Its basically saying your grievences/worries arent real,now put up and shut up,.....it may not be meant that way,but that is how it is preceived by virtually everyone

Partly/mostly aggree but what is said here is of very little significance. We could all join forces on boards and say that Pearse/Pascal/Micheal is the smartest person ever, but that is not going to change the election results.

Still a long way from people on boards being arrogant, to saying arrogance undoubtedly cost FG the election.

...and FG's arrogant approach to it. It wasn't even a problem with the FG crew on here. They breezed into the election thinking the electorate were going to back them because they are the party of fiscal rectitude something or other. What an eyeopener the arrogant got.

OK, let's just say for now that FG lost the election because of arrogance. Have they magically become less arrogant since February that they now lead in the polls, or is it something other than arrogance?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fine-gael-blames-poor-election-result-on-series-of-pre-poll-gaffes-1.4317127?mode=amp

They still dont get it.....any amount of exit polls showed the main decisons people voted way they did was health and housing/homeless crisis

I know of not one single person,who voted againest FG,because noone called varadkar autistic (v.mean that was),varadkar saying that SF are as much of a threat as FF,is lunacy....there is significant data set available to show the votes are evenly split between FG and SF on opposite social/econmic areas/status.....

are the FG leadership completly detatched from reality like,varadkar is going to lead them over a cliff with his rethoric and a weakened FG means a move to centre and FF/labour potential reemergence......coveney could yet emerge as most influencial politian of this generation

Arrogance Blazz. That was and will be their undoing. It would be fun to watch if it didn't damage the public so much. Many national crises ignored for private profits.

So are people calling out whataboutery featuring PBP also Shinners? And how does this explain your using SF for deflection?
    So you inferring anyone critical of FG is SF because they call out weak whataboutery using SF, PBP and Paul Murphy might make no sense but is okay? Seems legit :rolleyes:

Genuinely don't understand your point.

My original point was that SF voters complaining about FG (as was happening when i commented) was not surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,817 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

OK, let's just say for now that FG lost the election because of arrogance. Have they magically become less arrogant since February that they now lead in the polls, or is it something other than arrogance?

Well yes they did. They, with the assistance of everyone else in government and most of the country, knuckled down and dealt with the Covid crisis.
    But the reason I made the point I did was that Leo cannot help himself, he is single handedly showing that the leopard does not change it's spots and he will reduce their popularity.

• Advertisement

I imagine the 7 people,who died in homeless shelters this week,will haunt them for a lomg time letting it get so bad

In no way is rearing entire families out of hotel rooms for years on end progress or is it partisan to want to fix this

Kudos to simon harris for speaking out in support of fintan warfield tonight though....theres a rake of FG supporters regularly scream homophobe at anyone for daring to critise varadkar...but have disappeared in face of a politian actually receiving homophobic abuse and having to lock down their social media tonight

Not sure i follow, have FG become less arrogant or why are they leading the polls now?

Is Warefield the lad that posted on Instagram from Greece or somewhere? Didn't know he was getting abuse but he absolutely shouldn't be. If its linked to any party they should be booted out.

Funny you mention Simon Harris, we had one lad here saying he had blood on his hands, even after saying Boris Johnson had made Fg look bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement