Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Yurt! wrote: »
    As if you wouldn't be on here doing a song and a dance if she was a member of a certain other political party.

This is quite true. The difference is that unlike "a certain other political party" FG will not be celebrating and glorifying this theft (assuming they are guilty) or refusing to stop murdering random people unless they are let out of prison

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Bowie wrote: »
    Would have it's own thread and various posters losing their monocles into their brandy ;)

Don’t be silly, dude. No one wears a monocle these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,466 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Would have it's own thread and various posters losing their monocles into their brandy ;)

Doubt it.

I’ll leave that auld rubbish for the crusties and the bullhorn brigade.

Now that I mention it , any of the save the Glen o’ the Downs lot or the Shell to Sea warriors still around.

Lads up in trees for four or five years.....achieved......nothing , nowt.

Lovely road there now.... damage caused.....zero.

Gas flowing full stream now.... what did that mad bint achieve.....nothing ....nowt.

So Don Q, keep tilting at windmills if it makes you feel more Real.

Isnt the beal na blath commeration,this month??

Not taking place this year, dude. Understandable considering the current pandemic. It's a shame, as it's usually a great piss-up and opportunity for FG members to catch-up down in West Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Don’t be silly, dude. No one wears a monocle these days.

You're on fire dude!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Yurt! wrote: »
    As if you wouldn't be on here doing a song and a dance if she was a member of a certain other political party.
    It wouldn't be a surprise if it was a certain other political party

Edgware wrote: »
    It wouldn't be a surprise if it was a certain other political party

MM is your Taoiseach. Show some respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

This should be interesting.
    Two men are to be charged with fraud relating to the sale of NAMA's Northern Ireland loan book.

The charges are being brought by Northern Ireland's Public Prosecution Service against a 78-year-old man and a 49-year-old man, following an investigation of the deal known as Project Eagle.

The two face a joint charge of fraud involving a false representation made on or around the 3rd April 2014.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0806/1157661-pps-project-eagle/

Inappropriate behaviour

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

This should be interesting.

Interesting interview today on RTÉ News with Heather Humphries. Turns out that she never mentioned the Arts in her speech about unemployed PUP recipients upskilling!

• Advertisement

Interesting interview today on RTÉ News with Heather Humphries. Turns out that she never mentioned the Arts in her speech about unemployed PUP recipients upskilling!

If that's the case then we argued over nothing. I agree people need up-skill or change industry when the work dries up, but during the Covid pandemic many careers are also on hold and the PUP was to see people through that.

You used a comment regarding Project Eagle to spin back to this :rolleyes:

If that's the case then we argued over nothing. I agree people need up-skill or change industry when the work dries up, but during the Covid pandemic many careers are also on hold and the PUP was to see people through that.

You used a comment regarding Project Eagle to spin back to this :rolleyes:

On a thread about FG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭satguy

This NAMA investigation into the sweet deal FG gave their vulture fund buddies at Cerberus in 2014, might come back and bite them.

The deal FG did with FF and GP might come unstuck.

This deal was that Micheál Martin could call himself Taoiseach, But that FG would get all the top ministerial positions, and that GP would get a few cycle lanes. That would leave FG to carry on as if the last GE never happened.

But with FG in the big seat, the whiff of corruption is never far away, and this time it's not just a phone linence or €147 million write down for an old FG buddy.

This time it's €1.2 Billion,, and might just make FF and GP look at just who that have jumped into bed with.

Even if Micheál Martin is happy with the deal he did, the rest of FF might not be happy with what this NAMA investigation might turn up.

satguy wrote: »
    This NAMA investigation into the sweet deal FG gave their vulture fund buddies at Cerberus in 2014, might come back and bite them.

The deal FG did with FF and GP might come unstuck.

This deal was that Micheál Martin could call himself Taoiseach, But that FG would get all the top ministerial positions, and that GP would get a few cycle lanes. That would leave FG to carry on as if the last GE never happened.

But with FG in the big seat, the whiff of corruption is never far away, and this time it's not just a phone linence or €147 million write down for an old FG buddy.

This time it's €1.2 Billion,, and might just make FF and GP look at just who that have jumped into bed with.

Even if Micheál Martin is happy with the deal he did, the rest of FF might not be happy with what this NAMA investigation might turn up.

Sadly we need outside intervention as FF/FG cannot be trusted. Hopefully we will get some clarity from this outside agency. Citing "inappropriate behaviour" wasn't and won't be good enough.

Sadly we need outside intervention as FF/FG cannot be trusted. Hopefully we will get some clarity from this outside agency. Citing "inappropriate behaviour" wasn't and won't be good enough.

Any word on the missing 26 large up North dude?

Take more than ‘outside intervention’ to sort that one.

Someone has to pay the 200 staff I guess..... time to move on.

^^^^
    This is surely a text book example of an ad hominem attack

Any genuine person would want to know there was nothing untoward with any NAMA dealings regardless of who they might vote for or support.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Any genuine person would want to know there was nothing untoward with any NAMA dealings regardless of who they might vote for or support.

True that Bowie, but then I think back to Mr Brenner's days when he was cheerleading FG and their mishandling of over a billion euro (and the country on its knees) when they made a hames of water charges, because it was FG who mishandled 1 billion euro of tax payers money.

Anyone remember how that project fared out?

26mil versus 3bn, that money would be useful around now

The Battersea power station sale will come under scrutiny again as will the sale a few weeks ago to Ronan and the bankrupt Americans

This type of thing needs to stop..

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/cerberus-companies-paid-just-10-000-in-irish-tax-over-two-years-1.2377073

Cerberus companies paid just €10,000 in Irish tax over two years, Cerberus, which manages some $25 billion (€22.3 billion) in assets, uses 11 companies established in the Republic.

Accounts filed by companies owned by Cerberus in the Republic show that they paid €10,320 in tax on a combined turnover of €224 million in 2013 and 2014.

And nobody from FG, the party in power, asked a single question.

Yet if your an out of work Barman, there is a team investigators at the airport asking many many questions.

This two faced stuff has gone on long enough..

• Advertisement

Dude,, you have 11K posts,, I really hope some of them where of higher quality than this one.. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Dude.

What have the goings on of NAMA to do with FG is beyond me. Couple of dudes around here seem to have extreme difficulties understanding the differences between the Government, the civil service, the judiciary, semi-states, and non governmental organisations.

Civics 101. Must have gone to the Tech.

What the goings on of NAMA have to do to with FG is beyond me. Couple of dudes around here seem to have extreme difficulties understanding the differences between the Government, the civil service, the judiciary, semi-states, and non governmental organisations.

Civics 101. Must have gone to the Tech.

You get these lads shoaling around every road kill, John.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Dude. Dudes.

What have the goings on of NAMA to do with FG is beyond me.

Fianna Fail set up NAMA and gave it a specific objective, to sort out all those bad loans, and get back as much as they could.

But before it got going, FG came to power,, 6 months later we had vulture funds paying pennies on the pound for every nearly finnished apartment complex they could find. And if they couldn't find them, FG found them for them.

All this while Ireland was going through a housing crisis. Now we all pay rent to these vultures, and FG have just past some laws to make very easy for these vultures to evict us if we miss a months rent.

They also made it nearly impossible for new young couples to get on the housing ladder, and in so, pushed a whole generation under the wings of these non tax paying shysters.

https://www.thejournal.ie/project-eagle-timeline-2978770-Mar2017/

How the frap room think this has nothing to do with FG is strange

It's cover dude.

I posted a link to this piece of 'inappropriate behaviour':
    Inquiry to examine Noonan’s role in Project Eagle sale

The Project Eagle controversy arose over the sale of the Northern Ireland portfolio of properties held by Nama, and the fixers’ fees paid to legal firm Tughan’s and Frank Cushnahan, a member of Nama’s Northern Ireland advisory council.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/inquiry-to-examine-noonan-s-role-in-project-eagle-sale-1.3045685

The whole thing stank.

Yep ,, that was the Irish tax payers have thier pockets picked in broad daylight.

And all the while, the public accounts committee pointed to it and cried foul,, but Enda and FG, just said, "nothing to see here"

I seem to remember one of our TD's had his life threatened if he didn't shut up.
    I'm sure I read that somewhere ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

satguy wrote: »
    Fianna Fail set up NAMA and gave it a specific objective, to sort out all those bad loans, and get back as much as they could.

But before it got going, FG came to power,, 6 months later we had vulture funds paying pennies on the pound for every nearly finnished apartment complex they could find. And if they couldn't find them, FG found them for them.

All this while Ireland was going through a housing crisis. Now we all pay rent to these vultures, and FG have just past some laws to make very easy for these vultures to evict us if we miss a months rent.

They also made it nearly impossible for new young couples to get on the housing ladder, and in so, pushed a whole generation under the wings of these non tax paying shysters.

There was no housing crisis in 2011, we had approx 1,000 people per week leaving the country IIRC.

Also do you have any details on how easy it is going to be to to evictct someone if they miss a month's rent? Up to now it was notoriously difficult. I've seen this mentioned a couple of times but haven't seen anything clear.

Separately, if there was any corruption (not conspiracy theories) in FG, I hope it is exposed in this. On the other hand, I find the options on the ballot paper sh1te enough as it is- hopefully we don't add corruption to the list of crap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement