Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

john4321 wrote: »
    What has any of this got to do with my original post you didn't reply to? Where did I mention lockdowns, horsey gang, Leo?

This is bizarre posting, I simply corrected a post of yours with numbers and backed up facts.

To clarify once again; the discussion was Cerberus, Noonan and FG.

We spoke on how people will bring up SF to deflect from FG.

An example of the printer ink was mentioned.

You clarified the facts of that.

That's it really.

Then we went back to FG chat.

Now Satguy is discussing something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭satguy

This will be my last one tonight,, It's bed time,, and it's about NAMA ..

It's about when NAMA owned Battersea Power Station

They sold it for €600 Million,, some months later the buyers sold it on for a huge profit.

Battersea Power Station is to be sold for a record £1.6 billion. (it went for higher, and made the developers nearly €9 billion after it was finished.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/battersea-power-station-to-be-sold-for-record-16-billion-a3743346.html

https://www.independent.ie/business/commercial-property/nama-in-spotlight-as-2bn-battersea-profit-predicted-35923449.html

satguy wrote: »
    This will be my last one tonight,, It's bed time,, and it's about NAMA ..

It's about when NAMA owned Battersea Power Station

They sold it for €600 Million,, some months later the buyers sold it on for a huge profit.

Battersea Power Station is to be sold for a record £1.6 billion. (it went for higher, and made the developers nearly €9 billion after it was finished.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/battersea-power-station-to-be-sold-for-record-16-billion-a3743346.html

https://www.independent.ie/business/commercial-property/nama-in-spotlight-as-2bn-battersea-profit-predicted-35923449.html

Not unlike Sitserv by the sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Bowie wrote: »
    To clarify once again; the discussion was Cerberus, Noonan and FG.

We spoke on how people will bring up SF to deflect from FG.

An example of the printer ink was mentioned.

You clarified the facts of that.

That's it really.

Then we went back to FG chat.

Now Satguy is discussing something else.

Thanks for the clarification all makes sense now.

"We spoke on how people will bring up SF to deflect from FG.

An example of the printer ink was mentioned."

This is where I got involved and wanted to correct the unfactual post that was brought up to make a point which I think I should be allowed to do.

"Then we went back to FG chat."

You did indeed by skipping over the correction and deflected from my post with mentions of Cerberus and Stone Cutters (not sure either are FG members)

"Now Satguy is discussing something else"

He sure did by completely changing the topic to "Back in the late 70's and early 80's the Irish Independent Newspaper used to ask a lot of questions"

I followed up by asking "Can you provide some examples to this post?"

Reply was "Your not allowed talk about it.."

If you consider this kind of posting genuine please feel free to explain why.

This all started by a single post correcting the amount of printer cartridges took from 6 to 434.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭satguy

Sorry who is the guy in the pic?

I feel bad..

The guy was / is Eamon Dunphy ..

• Advertisement

I feel bad..

The guy was / is Eamon Dunphy ..

Great but not sure who it was related to my original reply.

"Can you provide some examples to this post?

What questions did they ask back in the 70's and 80's and more importantly who did they ask these questions to and what answers were provided?

Also what happened when the Independent turned into into the Sunday Independent that made us poorer for it?"

**** happens

You earlier asked me to retract something I never said about you. I skipped over that. I believe you've no interest other than throwing up rabbit holes.

Let's revise this quickly

I said:

"Sorry you have lost me here. All I did was correct a post brought up by another poster with facts and links to back it up."

Your reply:

"The subject was using SF tales to deflect from FG. You clarified an example given. Job done."

I responded:

"The only thing I did was clarify the point made by satguy using facts. If you can point out where I used a SF tale to deflect from FG please show me or respectfully withdraw the comment."

No "rabbit holes" just politely asked you to you withdraw the comment.

Let's revise this quickly

I said:

"Sorry you have lost me here. All I did was correct a post brought up by another poster with facts and links to back it up."

Your reply:

"The subject was using SF tales to deflect from FG. You clarified an example given. Job done."

I responded:

"The only thing I did was clarify the point made by satguy using facts. If you can point out where I used a SF tale to deflect from FG please show me or respectfully withdraw the comment."

No "rabbit holes" just politely asked you to you withdraw the comment.

What comment, quote me.

What comment, quote me.

Your reply:

Your reply:

That's right. I dont see the problem.

• Advertisement

That's right. I dont see the problem.

I can though. Can you point out where I used SF tales in my original post to deflect from FG?

I can though. Can you point out where I used SF tales in my original post to deflect from FG?

Never said you did. Satguy mentioned the cartridges, you clarified the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Sorry John but you’ve just become the latest victim of this thread. If anyone goes against the narrative they are ganged up on and even when their points make the most sense the rabble move on to something else. Even when they know they’re behaving that way they do a ninja delete but you managed to catch one above. Fair play to you for trying though.

Never said you did. Satguy mentioned the cartridges, you clarified the details.

Perfect thanks for clarification that the person in question took 434 cartridges not 6 like satguy claimed.

That took a while but we got there as it was the only point I was trying to make.

tobsey wrote: »
    Sorry John but you’ve just become the latest victim of this thread. If anyone goes against the narrative they are ganged up on and even when their points make the most sense the rabble move on to something else. Even when they know they’re behaving that way they do a ninja delete but you managed to catch one above. Fair play to you for trying though.

So we discussed Cerberus and closing down all but the curragh. What's the hidden agenda here? Theres been a lot of pedantic side streets all right.

Perfect thanks for clarification that the person in question took 434 cartridges not 6 like satguy claimed.

That took a while but we got there as it was the only point I was trying to make.

So clarify what you wanted me to take back? I never questioned the accuracy of your response. You're going in circles here. Earlier you said I said you brought up SF. Now you're changing that?
    The only thing I did was clarify the point made by satguy using facts. If you can point out where I used a SF tale to deflect from FG please show me or respectfully withdraw the comment.

Well?

*Ninja edit*
    And here:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Some of us are talking about Billions of tax payer money gone missing. Someone said that at €1.2 Billion, the property Cerberus got was really worth 6 billion.

Who is this someone?

Even Mick Wallace didn't have the gall to overestimate it by quite that much.

The same report that is being referenced values it at €400M, which is still a sizeable amount. Why the need to so ridiculously inflate it?

The northern deal was worth 1.6 billion. I'd say Noonan is a little clenched over recent developments.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,466 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Who is this someone?

Even Mick Wallace didn't have the gall to overestimate it by quite that much.

The same report that is being referenced values it at €400M, which is still a sizeable amount. Why the need to so ridiculously inflate it?

The same ‘someone’ who seems to come up with all the Shinners figures.

Santa Clause

The Pookey

The Fairies

Darby O Gill

One of those lads probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Might buy some of the lads around here a copy of this when it’s published in October.

95-AAC5-DE-907-C-4-A40-A9-D0-ADB9-B8-BED8-D3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Lol, The Goebbels unit of Fine Gael are busy little bees these days.

If we wanted to digest unsophisticated self-regarding propaganda we'd go online and read press releases from the Chinese Communist Party.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Might buy some of the lads around here a copy of this when it’s published in October.

95-AAC5-DE-907-C-4-A40-A9-D0-ADB9-B8-BED8-D3.jpg

Will there be a chapter on endangering public health and local businesses to save billionaires money?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

tobsey wrote: »

Ganged up on?

3 people engaged with him, one of which was yourself, all following on the discussion about FG (thread title etc)

Straight out of the "poor me/they're bulling us" Leo handbook.

Here's me thinking it was a site for discussing things.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

smurgen wrote: »
    Will there be a chapter on endangering public health and local businesses to save billionaires money?

You'd have to assume it will be a sanitised version of history, they'll have to ninja edit all the IRA and killing related stuff out of the big Mick Collins chapters.

They wouldn't want to appear to be glorifying IRA terrorists afterall :D.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The northern deal was worth 1.6 billion. I'd say Noonan is a little clenched over recent developments.

Values the discrepancy between actual and valued price at €400M I should have said.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Values the discrepancy between actual and valued price at €400M I should have said.

Not disputing. I don't think we can set a figure on how much went where etc. It's more about 'if' and 'who'.
    Wasnt happy with FG overseeing the investigation into Noonan. Would be nice to see a proper impartial review of the whole affair.
    The battersea deal is reminiscent of the Siteserv investigation.

McMurphy wrote: »
    You'd have to assume it will be a sanitised version of history, they'll have to ninja edit all the IRA and killing related stuff out of the big Mick Collins chapters.

They wouldn't want to appear to be glorifying IRA terrorists afterall :D.

The section on Oliver J. might be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

McMurphy wrote: »
    Ganged up on?

3 people engaged with him, one of which was yourself, all following on the discussion about FG (thread title etc)

Straight out of the "poor me/they're bulling us" Leo handbook.

Here's me thinking it was a site for discussing things.

Fragile aul sods when challenged. Senior hurlers lamenting the move from the junior b team after a few shoulders.Sad to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Bingo. The point was that anytime we raise FG in a FG thread no less its turned to SF discussion.
    Even with Cerberus raising its head yesterday.

TBF Kenny was a comedian. Man with two pints and all that.

This is hilarious, it was the OP, Satguy, a self confessed FF voter who brought up those ink cartridges just there, perhaps direct your question to him.

• Advertisement

markodaly wrote: »
    This is hilarious, it was the OP, Satguy, a self confessed FF voter who brought up those ink cartridges just there, perhaps direct your question to him.

This is you fudging for a failed dig. Standard fare. I didn't have any questions. You don't even understand what you quoted.
    Laughing at something that isn't there is a bad sign Marko.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement