Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I know you like that wee drum to beat - 'no intention of going into power' - but they are doing everything they can to increase their vote of there is another election and they are still negotiating with others. The Greens, ( who fallen in the polls too) for instance haven't walked away.
    I noticed new signage up here today from SF.

Maybe they know we are on our way back to the people for another vote?

Why are they negotiating when apparently everyone knows they don't and can't get the numbers?

Seems Mary Lou is lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

I know you like that wee drum to beat - 'no intention of going into power' - but they are doing everything they can to increase their vote of there is another election and they are still negotiating with others. The Greens, ( who fallen in the polls too) for instance haven't walked away.
    I noticed new signage up here today from SF.

Maybe they know we are on our way back to the people for another vote?

Hopefully. When they get their overall majority they can go into power and solve everything. Up the ra!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,553 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Why are they negotiating when apparently everyone knows they don't and can't get the numbers?

Seems Mary Lou is lying.

Supporting a minority government might help rescue FG from the oblivion they seem to be heading towards?

Plenty to negotiate if FG throw their hat at a coalition/merger with their swap partner,

Supporting a minority government might help rescue FG from the oblivion they seem to be heading towards?

Plenty to negotiate if FG throw their hat at a coalition/merger with their swap partner,

Oblivion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Looks like FG are bad for investors. Ireland named the worst value for investors in the world

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ireland-named-world-s-worst-market-for-value-investing-in-credit-suisse-report-j7cttpmn6

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    Looks like FG are bad for investors. Ireland named the worst value for investors in the world

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ireland-named-world-s-worst-market-for-value-investing-in-credit-suisse-report-j7cttpmn6

Did you actually read the article, or was the picture and the big words enough for you? :D

Talk about an own-goal :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,839 ✭✭✭growleaves

From the article:

“Ireland has been very poor for value investors because the Irish banks were deemed value stocks and they suffered terribly in the global financial crisis,” said Paul Marsh of London Business School, who compiled the study with his colleague Mike Staunton and with Elroy Dimson of Cambridge University.

There's less to this to article than meets the eye.

Anyone with any kind of serious interest in value investing would know to stay away from bank stocks, as you won't be able to form an accurate picture of their balance sheet. This is one of the first pieces of advice in Benjamin Graham's textbook on the subject.

They'll have to reprint the manifesto. There housing numbers were way off and the EU commission have called them out on their homeless number manipulation:

https://www.businesspost.ie/sectors/experts-report-says-some-rehoused-homeless-were-double-counted-9d77b7ce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭christy c

They'll have to reprint the manifesto. There housing numbers were way off and the EU commission have called them out on their homeless number manipulation:

https://www.businesspost.ie/sectors/experts-report-says-some-rehoused-homeless-were-double-counted-9d77b7ce

You might have seen that you have been called out on your own BS. Would you like to explain that or is it going to be more idiotic soundbites?

christy c wrote: »
    You might have seen that you have been called out on your own BS. Would you like to explain that or is it going to be more idiotic soundbites?

What was I called out on? Explain it to me?

• Advertisement

Any comment on the EU commission saying the FG homeless numbers are off?

What was I called out on? Explain it to me?

You seem to have a difficult time understanding things, read the last couple of posts.

You seem to have a difficult time understanding things, read the last couple of posts.

Read them. I don't think I was wrong so please explain what I said that was incorrect?

Read them. I don't think I was wrong so please explain what I said that was incorrect?

Have another read. Specifically that article you linked and your idiotic soundbite re investors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭Allinall

Have another read. Specifically that article you linked and your idiotic soundbite re investors.

In fairness...it should be up to you to back up your challenge to to other poster

Allinall wrote: »
    In fairness...it should be up to you to back up your challenge to to other poster

He already dodged two replies to his post.

He already dodged two replies to his post.

I read the replies. I don't see where I was incorrect.please explain.

I tired to read your link but it's behind a paywall.

Can you copy and paste it for us to see?

I tired to read your link but it's behind a paywall.

Can you copy and paste it for us to see?

I ain't subsiding the spin units operating costs :)

You said it looks like FG are bad for investors and provided a link which apportioned no such blame. The article does look at years where they have been in government a minority of the time, and also looked at the banking crash, when they were in opposition.

• Advertisement

I ain't subsiding the spin units operating costs :)

So you can't because you don't pay for it and you only read the headline and jumped to conclusions like you were called out on.

Who puts up links as evidence if they can't actually substantiate the link?????

Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Also from the article
    The past decade has been especially tough, as investors fled because of low oil prices and pressure from investors such as the Irish government to dump fossil fuel stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,648 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Funny to see the SF acolytes still obsessing about what Fine Gael are doing. You would think that they would be a little worried at the continuing failure of Mary-Lou to form a government.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Funny to see the SF acolytes still obsessing about what Fine Gael are doing. You would think that they would be a little worried at the continuing failure of Mary-Lou to form a government.

They seem to want FG back in government.

Its bizarre, egging them to form a government as the 3rd most popular party.

Utterly bizzare.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,553 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Are you attempting to censor criticism of the acting government?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

When you dont know your arse from your elbow I suppose it’s easier to return to the default position of blame. I’ve said it multiple times- sf have zero interest in governing. The last they’d want is a larger majority- they’d like some extra seats to be stronger in their usual cushy opposition mode but other than that they just want FF FG in together. The SF front bench is so breathtakingly lacking in ability they’re literally terrified of it. If MLM was serious about being Taoiseach she’d be doing serious government negotiations with the majority of lefties now in the Dáil. But alas no, easier park her arse in front of a megaphone whipping up the usual suspects around the SF circuit

You said it looks like FG are bad for investors and provided a link which apportioned no such blame. The article does look at years where they have been in government a minority of the time, and also looked at the banking crash, when they were in opposition.

1.The study was worldwide and other countries had the banking crisis also.
    2. The report is returns from 1975 to 2018. How many times was FG in power throughout that period?

So you can't because you don't pay for it and you only read the headline and jumped to conclusions like you were called out on.

Who puts up links as evidence if they can't actually substantiate the link?????

Pathetic.

I get access through my work account.i've a number of subscriptions through work.

Why wouldn't they aren't they still caretakers?
    Harris is still making a balls of his post and Murphy is under lock and key. Probably hiding since the EU commission called his housing stats bollocks.

• Advertisement

You are wasting your time. At first I thought he just jumped on the headline but now it looks like he genuinely doesn't understand what the article says. leave him off. At least it provided a bit of comic relief.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement