Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Bowie wrote: »
    TBF FG are the only party I know of unwilling to discuss forming a government and 'relishing' the idea of opposition. We know that. We'll have to re-purpose the aul' hurlers from the ditch jabs as we know 100% fact, FG don't want to govern. Varadkar might go on his gap year mind.

FG have been governing for 9 years, hardly hurlers on the ditch. As I said, they could be wanting to let SF in as a long term strategy, neither of us know if that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

TBF FG are the only party I know of unwilling to discuss forming a government and 'relishing' the idea of opposition. We know that. We'll have to re-purpose the aul' hurlers from the ditch jabs as we know 100% fact, FG don't want to govern. Varadkar might go on his gap year mind.

Yes but we’ll have to wait and see SF actually get off the ditch first and govern. Something they’re finding extreme reticence in doing. Which isn’t very surprising. Fact is that FG are still the government.
    I relish SF in government- they’ll be an utter disaster and will support will melt away like April snow once reality hits hard. Leaving only the lunatic fringe that has always been sf to rant and rave like the seasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

christy c wrote: »
    FG have been governing for 9 years, hardly hurlers on the ditch. As I said, they could be wanting to let SF in as a long term strategy, neither of us know if that is the case.

What's a 'hurler from the ditch' and would a political party who announced they 'relish' going into opposition and refuse to discuss being part of any government formation, fit that, in your opinion?
    road_high wrote: »
    Yes but we’ll have to wait and see SF actually get off the ditch first and govern. Something they’re finding extreme reticence in doing. Which isn’t very surprising. Fact is that FG are still the government.
    I relish SF in government- they’ll be an utter disaster and will support will melt away like April snow once reality hits hard. Leaving only the lunatic fringe that has always been sf to rant and rave like the seasons

Your opinion regarding SF is noted, but it' nothing to do with FG's stance is it?
    'Stability' was enough to go into cahoots with FF...but only with FG as top dog. It's ego IMO.
    Like any government we'd see how they go and judge them on that. Seems only a FG'er would relish the country going to sh*t to score points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Shinners pointing fingers at parties who are going to be in opposition. Clowns :D

What's a 'hurler from the ditch' and would a political party who announced they 'relish' going into opposition and refuse to discuss being part of any government formation, fit that, in your opinion?

A hurler on the ditch is mostly used when point scoring, so not too concerned. But if pressed for a definition i would say it's a politician who never has or will be in government saying how things should be done or could be done better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

A hurler on the ditch is mostly used when point scoring, so not too concerned. But if pressed for a definition i would say it's a politician who never has or will be in government saying how things should be done or could be done better.

That's a very odd and laboured description. You are describing every opposition party and independent that has never made it to government.
    I don't think it tops a party with a strong possibility of forming a coalition, refusing to even discuss it and going so far as relishing not being in government, over any party who have not despite how you might judge their efforts.
    Well I figured exceptions might be made with FG going into the ditch to whinge, (all terms I picked up off FG and it's admirers to describe political critics).

Suckit wrote: »

Stay classy Fine Gael...
    I thought Noonan was the shark, looks like it's part of the party's DNA.
    Profiting off misery. Explains the willing reliance on private business. It's only tax payers money sure.

That's a very odd and laboured description. You are describing every opposition party and independent that has never made it to government.
    I don't think it tops a party with a strong possibility of forming a coalition, refusing to even discuss it and going so far as relishing not being in government, over any party who have not despite how you might judge their efforts.
    Well I figured exceptions might be made with FG going into the ditch to whinge, (all terms I picked up off FG and it's admirers to describe political critics).

That's how I view it, although I think i should have said someone who never has or never intend to be in government to be more accurate.

So if FG are going to the ditch to whinge, is that what SF did in 2016 or are you making an exception for them?

Refusing to discuss forming a government is just a game IMO, same as what they are all at. Although I don't know that for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Shinners pointing fingers at parties who are going to be in opposition. Clowns :D

Because that’s where they’re intent on being too- Eoin Obroin solving housing? It’ll be comedy watching idiots like him crash and burn. I mean if they were anyway confident of implementing any of that toilet paper they passed off as a manifesto they’d be chomping at the buy to govern. They aren’t. Shocker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,419 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Refusing to discuss forming a government is just a game IMO, same as what they are all at. Although I don't know that for sure.

Well if Varadkar really meant it he could easily have clarified his position and pulled the trigger for a GE before now. Possible (but IMO unlikely) that his party could force his hand though...

road_high wrote: »
    Because that’s where they’re intent on being too- Eoin Obroin solving housing? It’ll be comedy watching idiots like him crash and burn. I mean if they were anyway confident of implementing any of that toilet paper they passed off as a manifesto they’d be chomping at the buy to govern. They aren’t. Shocker

I can only hazard a guess as to SF's rise in votes. I'd say it has more to do with FG's performance than any tactic from a jaded electorate with no party dog in the fight. Floating voters gonna float.

This kind of thing should turn the stomach of anyone genuine about looking after the best interests of the tax payer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭satguy

This right here..

Hugo MacNeill (MD of Goldman Sachs) listing himself as non profit on #Seanad election ballot is something to behold

His wife, now a FG TD, who was a FG housing advisor while her husband's vulture funds swallowed up family homes is a fine example of everything wrong with politics

This is the FG golden circle, doing what it does best. A very very small bunch of rich people get looked after.
    Dinny gets the pick of big state contracts.
    Their buddies / CEO's of vulture funds got the pick of top NAMA assets.
    RTE gets a pass, while doing whole days with nothing but repeats.

This is why FG is where it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

satguy wrote: »
    This right here..

Hugo MacNeill (MD of Goldman Sachs) listing himself as non profit on #Seanad election ballot is something to behold

His wife, now a FG TD, who was a FG housing advisor while her husband's vulture funds swallowed up family homes is a fine example of everything wrong with politics

This is the FG golden circle, doing what it does best. A very very small bunch of rich people get looked after.

Time for SF to go into power and show them how it’s done.

This right here..

This is it for me. How can you support a party like this and bitch 'welfare cheats cheat us all'? I'd say FF are mad jealous.
    These nasty arrogant self entitled arseholes need go and good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭satguy

This is it for me. How can you support a party like this and bitch 'welfare cheats cheat us all'? I'd say FF are mad jealous.
    These nasty arrogant self entitled arseholes need go and good riddance.

I do think welfare cheats, cheat us all,, but only small time, small change.

But these bankers , property developers , FG inner circle,, this is where we get cheated big time, big bucks. and it makes poor Mary or Breda, or anyone doing a bit of house cleaning on the side look small time.

The top two earners at RTE would call out these poor cleaners on their radio show.
    Yet would never call out corporate wrongdoing, by their next door neighbors in leafy Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,384 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Anyone in doubt what multinationals bring in needs to listen to the news tonight.

Google Dublin closes for one day and businesses around have felt the loss.

Coffee shops already closing for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Stay classy Fine Gael...
    I thought Noonan was the shark, looks like it's part of the party's DNA.
    Profiting off misery. Explains the willing reliance on private business. It's only tax payers money sure.

It must feel so great to be so pure Matt.

Anyone in doubt what multinationals bring in needs to listen to the news tonight.

Google Dublin closes for one day and businesses around have felt the loss.

Coffee shops already closing for a few days.

Yes, but Sinn Fein Supporters are really not known for the economic literacy.
    The imminent downturn will re-focus minds of the electorate, especially the young who take their jobs for granted.

markodaly wrote: »
    It must feel so great to be so pure Matt.
    I see you avoided the topic. Is that how you continue to support them? How does that work? Do you get a cut or are you happy to cut your nose to spite your face?
    Yes, but Sinn Fein Supporters .....

Pathetic.

• Advertisement

But these bankers , property developers , FG inner circle,, this is where we get cheated big time, big bucks. and it makes poor Mary or Breda, or anyone doing a bit of house cleaning on the side look small time.

The top two earners at RTE would call out these poor cleaners on their radio show.
    Yet would never call out corporate wrongdoing, by their next door neighbors in leafy Dublin.

I just don't understand how this kind of thing is acceptable to anyone not crooked and not getting a cut.
    I'd love to hear some FG supporter give their thoughts.
    This right here..

I see you avoided the topic. Is that how you continue to support them? How does that work? Do you get a cut or are you happy to cut your nose to spite your face?

Yes, I get my cut from all the vulture funds each day at 4:00 pm sharp. I then spend the rest of the evening bathing in the blood of homeless people. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

In fairness rte would call out neither. They celebrate mAragaret cash!

Yes, I get my cut from all the vulture funds each day at 4:00 pm sharp. I then spend the rest of the evening bathing in the blood of homeless people. :rolleyes:

Very good.
    How does this kind of thing sit with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,837 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I can only hazard a guess as to SF's rise in votes. I'd say it has more to do with FG's performance than any tactic from a jaded electorate with no party dog in the fight. Floating voters gonna float.

This kind of thing should turn the stomach of anyone genuine about looking after the best interests of the tax payer.

Tweet deleted, I wonder was it the usual sort of defamatory nonsense that you post?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Tweet deleted, I wonder was it the usual sort of defamatory nonsense that you post?

Insults aside, you are ignoring the content and request for an opinion. It seems no FG fanboy is credible.
    In February 2020 MacNeill retired from Goldman Sachs to stand for a Trinity College seat in Seanad Éireann.[34]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_MacNeill_(rugby_union)
    Jennifer Carroll MacNeill (born 5 September 1980) is an Irish Fine Gael politician who has been a Teachta Dála (TD) for the Dún Laoghaire constituency since the 2020 general election.[1]

She was a policy advisor to Frances Fitzgerald from April 2011 until June 2013. She then worked for the then Justice minister Alan Shatter from September 2013 until his resignation in May 2014. She subsequently took a break from politics, not returning until October 2017 when she came to the aid of housing minister Eoghan Murphy where she advised him on the National Planning Framework and the creation of the Land Development Agency. She worked with Murphy's office until January 2019 when she left to work for a Public Relations firm.[2]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Carroll_MacNeill

The wife of a top man in Goldman Sachs was advising wee Eoghan on housing strategy.

Insults aside, you are ignoring the content and request for an opinion. It seems no FG fanboy is credible.

Once again, you resort to personal insult. Tiresome at this stage.

Somebody puts themselves forward for election and you seem to want that stopped? We live in a democracy where even convicted bomb-makers and gun-runners can put themselves forward for election alongside anti-vaxxers and anti-semites. I wouldn't deny any of them the right to put themselves forward for election, though I wouldn't vote for them.

Compared to that, even though I haven't voted for them, the McNeills look like angels.

At the end of the day, the relevant voters will decide.

blanch152 wrote: »

8ANihws.jpg?1

8ANihws.jpg?1

And tweet is deleted, probably because it is defamatory, yet you repeat it.

• Advertisement

The wife of a top man in Goldman Sachs was advising wee Eoghan on housing strategy.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldman_Sachs_controversies

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement