Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

A poster posted an outright lie. I’ll called them on it.

That's cool.

Any thoughts on Leo speaking with forked tongue:confused:

You're presumably 'sound as" about Leo wanting the army council to be given free reign to the levers?

Might make us a bit of a pariah state in the world, but here's Leo cheering it on.

Has me confussed so it has.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,311 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

McMurphy wrote: »
    Talking of which, it's hilarious that Leo is saying that it is up to SF to form a govt and lead the country, while simultaneously saying that he believes they're (SF) under orders from an illegal organisation - ie an IRA army council.

There you have it now.

Leader of the law and order party advocating for a political party, he believes are under the control of an illegal organisation to lead the country.

Confusing? You better frickin believe it is!

Well FG and FF could say they never believed SF forming a government was a realistic prospect so there was no serious danger. But then they'd have to admit they've been dicking about for the past month...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Bowie wrote: »
    Very good.
    How does this kind of thing sit with you?

First of all its fake, as Hugo MacNeil is now retired from GS.
    Also, he is running as an independant.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/hugo-macneill-steps-back-from-goldman-sachs-role-1.4175627

What this has to do with FG is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

blanch152 wrote: »
    So you are not going to vote for the McNeill, sure, we get that.

Not sure what point you are trying to make beyond that. You have no argument against him standing for election, presumably because this is a free country you have no difficulty if someone out there decides to vote for him because they agree with him.

No blanch, dont you get it. Its all a FG plot to kill homeless people.
    MattBarrett is our new Glenn Beck.

6a00d83451d25c69e20120a6927c68970c-pi

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

markodaly wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/hugo-macneill-steps-back-from-goldman-sachs-role-1.4175627

He 'stepped back' from GS because internal firm rules on running for political office requires him to do so. Don't get surprised if he returns to his post if/when his campaign fails.

As if Hugo wasn't a regular on the FG business breakfast fundraising circuit. The guy is dyed in the wool Fine Gael and was an apprentice of Peter Sutherland, Fine Gael's spirit animal. It's a sleight of hand and a mattter of optics that he's running as 'an independant'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

That's cool.

Any thoughts on Leo speaking with forked tongue:confused:

You're presumably 'sound as" about Leo wanting the army council to be given free reign to the levers?

Might make us a bit of a pariah state in the world, but here's Leo cheering it on.

Has me confussed so it has.

I'd say it doesn't take much to confuse you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

He'll be back in GS. Just trying to act as a gate keeper for his firm to make sure no changes to housing laws etc would happen.heavens forbid the great unwashed might actually get some affordable housing and his executives didn't get eye watering bonuses. The revolving door between our government and private enterprise meant that our watchdog that oversees government lobbying called the revolving door between government positions and enterprise dissapointing.and called the resistance to updating the laws dissapointing.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/watchdog-fears-public-servants-moving-into-lobbying-roles-too-easily-1.3547454

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/watchdog-disappointed-with-review-of-state-s-lobbying-act-1.4184804

smurgen wrote: »
    He'll be back in GS. Just trying to act as a gate keeper for his firm to make sure no changes to housing laws etc would happen.heavens forbid the great unwashed might actually get some affordable housing and his executives didn't get eye watering bonuses. The revolving door between our government and private enterprise meant that our watchdog that oversees government lobbying called the revolving door between government positions and enterprise dissapointing.and called the resistance to updating the laws dissapointing.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/watchdog-fears-public-servants-moving-into-lobbying-roles-too-easily-1.3547454

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/watchdog-disappointed-with-review-of-state-s-lobbying-act-1.4184804

How's self-isolation going for Mary Loo?

I'd say it doesn't take much to confuse you

No attempt to address the two conflicting statements at all?

I had you sussed ages ago chief - fond of oneliners and clichés, all arse no trousers. Carry-on.

No attempt to address the two conflicting statements at all?

I had you sussed ages ago chief - fond of oneliners and clichés, all arse no trousers. Carry-on.

oh you so clever

• Advertisement

How's self-isolation going for Mary Loo?

Whataboutary.How's Hugh mcelvaney money collection going now? he'll have to disinfect the brown envelopes now the coronavirus is in his neck of the world.

Whataboutary.How's Hugh mcelvaney money collection going now? he'll have to disinfect the brown envelopes now the coronavirus is in his neck of the world.

How is it whataboutery? I am addressing the comment you made! :D
    She can't she's in self isolation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Hardly.
    He stepped down last month.
    His wife was a FG advisor on housing and is now a FG TD. I spelled it all out listing the facts.
    Then I gave an opinion.
    I've asked for yours and all you've done is try poke holes.
    No blanch, dont you get it. Its all a FG plot to kill homeless people.
    MattBarrett is our new Glenn Beck.

Complete nonsense to divert. Difference between you and I is if it were the SD/SF/Lab/PBP I'd be of the same opinion. It stinks.

FYI: FG are the ones looking like they've the tin foil hat on re SF ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,648 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You refuse to answer and dodge. Understood.
    I honestly don't know why you engage at all.

I assume your follow up to any further repeated post might be:

'Why do you insist on using Arial font? Have you got a problem with Times New Roman?' or something.

what-is-a-conflict-of-interest-give-me-some-examples-398192_FINAL-5bd9cf3c46e0fb005138da62.png

You are just disguising your misogynist nonsense in a conflict of interest shroud.

You assume that just because a woman's husband has a job that she is conflicted as a result. Not only is your post sexist and misogynistic but you do not appear to understand anything about managing conflicts of interest.

I am fairly certain that Jennifer Carroll MacNeill isn't asking Hugo to tell her about his hard day at the office while she serves him his dinner and puts out his pipe and slippers. Get up the yard with your conspiracy theories as McMurphy might say.

Oh, you're back, care to respond to this demolition of your nonsense about FG being bad for investors?
    Looks like FG are bad for investors. Ireland named the worst value for investors in the world

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ireland-named-world-s-worst-market-for-value-investing-in-credit-suisse-report-j7cttpmn6
    It doesn't show that!!!!!

The graph doesn't tell me anything about that. It says nothing about investment in either country's stock.

If value investment in Ireland was 15%, but growth investment was 25%, the figure in the graph would be -10%.

If value investment in Finland was 8%, but growth investment was 2%, the figure in the graph would be +6%.

Now that is a gross over-simplification to explain it to you, but it seems necessary. Before you go attacking the numbers I have used for Ireland and Finland, the point is that there is absolutely nothing in that table that tells you anything at all about which country to invest in.

Talking of which, it's hilarious that Leo is saying that it is up to SF to form a govt and lead the country, while simultaneously saying that he believes they're (SF) under orders from an illegal organisation - ie an IRA army council.

There you have it now.

Leader of the law and order party advocating for a political party, he believes are under the control of an illegal organisation to lead the country.

Confusing? You better frickin believe it is!

It is more hilarious that you don't understand the points that Leo was making and think that they are confusing.

You are just disguising your misogynist nonsense in a conflict of interest shroud.

You are being completely dishonest here. You are trying to find angles to refute my post without addressing the content.
    It's pathetic and very transparent.
    You assume that just because a woman's husband has a job that she is conflicted as a result. Not only is your post sexist and misogynistic but you do not appear to understand anything about managing conflicts of interest.

You are inferring that and it's not the case. You have made issue of her gender not I.
    Tell me about managing conflicts of interest. Does it involve some form of scouts honour or pinky swear?
    I am fairly certain that Jennifer Carroll MacNeill isn't asking Hugo to tell her about his hard day at the office while she serves him his dinner and puts out his pipe and slippers. Get up the yard with your conspiracy theories as McMurphy might say.

You've a very ignorant idea of married life.
    If she was the Goldman Sachs exec and him the FG adviser, turned FG TD, the issue would still stand. Using her sex to dodge is gutter tactics and highly misogynistic.

He represented the interests of a major vulture fund operating within the Irish property market.
    She was advising FG on housing policy before becoming a FG TD.
    That's a conflict of interest. Switch FG for SF and you'd sh*t.

Oh, you're back, care to respond to this demolition of your nonsense about FG being bad for investors?

Thanks for reminding me of that one.do you know what the implications of value investing showing a lower return relative to growth investment means for ireland as a place to invest?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,982 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

You are being completely dishonest here. You are trying to find angles to refute my post without addressing the content.
    It's pathetic and very transparent.

You are inferring that and it's not the case. You have made issue of her gender not I.
    Tell me about managing conflicts of interest. Does it involve some form of scouts honour or pinky swear?

You've a very ignorant idea of married life.
    If she was the Goldman Sachs exec and him the FG adviser, turned FG TD, the issue would still stand. Using her sex to dodge is gutter tactics and highly misogynistic.

He represented the interests of a major vulture fund operating within the Irish property market.
    She was advising FG on housing policy before becoming a FG TD.
    That's a conflict of interest. Switch FG for SF and you'd sh*t.

id prefer the inference of a goldman executive potentially having some influence on the advice that a minister gets over the country being run by the IRA army council myself.

Cyrus wrote: »
    id prefer the inference of a goldman executive potentially having some influence on the advice that a minister gets over the country being run by the IRA army council myself.

Why? I'd prefer somebody representing the tax payers interests. That's governments job. It's unlikely Goldman Sachs are putting the Irish tax payer above profit.
    Yeah, good one. Depends.

• Advertisement

Thanks for reminding me of that one.do you know what the implications of value investing showing a lower return relative to growth investment means for ireland as a place to invest?

Most people prefer not to be reminded when they make an absolute clanger. :D

Most people prefer not to be reminded when they make an absolute clanger. :D

Go on explain it? You seem to be able to label things but not explain them like Blanch

Go on explain it? You seem to be able to label things but not explain them like Blanch

Still waiting for you to clarify your statement about Mary Loo self-isolating.

They are tiresome and sad.

Could you imagine if we'd a shinner housing minister taking advice from a private consultant married to a landlord the SF government was buying 25 year leases off? There'd be a number of threads and so much outrage.

We've the FG government engaging with vulture funds with some vulture funds ran by Goldman Sachs. Tax payer money is being used to lease for 25 years off some of them. We are renting blocks off them. We are taxing them lightly.
    A former housing adviser, (now a FG TD) to the FG government is married to a top Goldman Sachs exec. who just stepped down a few weeks ago, (now running for the senate). And there's nothing to see here :rolleyes:

It is more hilarious that you don't understand the points that Leo was making and think that they are confusing.

"You don't understand" make up a fairly sizeable chunk of your opening lines of posts blanch, but seldom if ever are they followed up with any clarification of what it is you mistakenly believe people don't understand. Fairly tiresome it is.

But go on sure, explain to me from a green voters perspective, what point Leo was making when he tells the Irish people that SF are controlled by an IRA army council in one breath, and in the next breath tell us that the shinners have an onus on them to now to go into govt? What point am I missing do you think, and when you've done that, maybe answer the question that was put to you yesterday too.
    And tweet is deleted, probably because it is defamatory, yet you repeat it.
    What part of it would be defamatory btw?

Rodeo clown. That is all.

"You don't understand" make up a fairly sizeable chunk of your opening lines of posts blanch, but seldom if ever are they followed up with any clarification of what it is you mistakenly believe people don't understand. Fairly tiresome it is.

But go on sure, explain to me from a green voters perspective, what point Leo was making when he tells the Irish people that SF are controlled by an IRA army council in one breath, and in the next breath tell us that the shinners have an onus on them to now to go into govt? What point am I missing do you think, and when you've done that, maybe answer the question that was put to you yesterday too.

Do you really think that I am going to make a defamatory statement by repeating another's defamatory statement? Try another one. Putting that down to not answering a question is silly.

Do you really think that I am going to make a defamatory statement by repeating another's defamatory statement? Try another one. Putting that down to not answering a question is silly.

Can we do that? I can say you made a defamatory remark and I don't need show it? What if I'm completely wrong or lying to deflect?
    I think you'll be okay as you'd be quoting. Also the full tweet is here:
    Hugo MacNeill (MD of Goldman Sachs) listing himself as non profit on #Seanad election ballot is something to behold

His wife, now a FG TD, who was a FG housing advisor while her husband's vulture funds swallowed up family homes is a fine example of everything wrong with politics

Refuse to clarify Leo's point on which I don't understand, nor give clarification on what could have been considered defamatory in someone else's tweet.

The upper part of the yard is beckoning you to come forth.

Harris doing nothing to stem the Coronavirus. The situation coming from CUH is banana republic territory. If he had has the spine to prevent flights from Italy days ago we'd be better off now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Harris doing nothing to stem the Coronavirus. The situation coming from CUH is banana republic territory. If he had has the spine to prevent flights from Italy days ago we'd be better off now.

Wouldn't it be great if people could vote his party out?

So would stop people bitching on a forum.

Oh wait....

Yet we still have the same people bitching about him and how his party won't try form a government.

Cluster****.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement