Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

McMurphy wrote: »
    Have you been self isolating since the election results, and deliberately kept away from all forms of media?

You haven't been reading the news this past few weeks then, no?

Sinn Féin and Greens hold mammoth meeting

Sinn Féin meets with Rural Independents and Social Democrats today

Sinn Féin host 'constructive' talks with Greens and PBP

So, let's see.... They've met with the greens, the socdems, independents and PBP. Is this "nothing absolutely nothing" by your definition?

You might answer the other question of mine ref the shinners and coronavirus when you get a chance too btw.

Why though of they don't have the numbers to form a government?

What a waste of everyines time.

Of course we all know its so they can turn around and say we tried even though a 4 year old could have told them from the very start that the numbers aren't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Suckit wrote: »
    0rhuwpH.png

I answered it.

They could try be constructive and offer some advice in the dail as the opposition party.

Instead of ranting and raving about FF and FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,448 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I answered it.

They could try be constructive and offer some advice in the dail as the opposition party.

Instead of ranting and raving about FF and FG.

Isn't homelessness and housing now Michael's 'priority' with health next in line for his special attention?

Who lit that fire under the power share pair?

Something the two of them ignored for 4 years in C&S is now the 'priority' of any coalition.

Thank you SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,968 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Isn't homelessness and housing now Michael's 'priority' with health next in line for his special attention?

Who lit that fire under the power share pair?

Something the two of them ignored for 4 years in C&S is now the 'priority' of any coalition.

Thank you SF.

you think SF are responsible for a FF leader (who was a minister for health) saying his focus is on housing and health?

Cyrus wrote: »
    you think SF are responsible for a FF leader (who was a minister for health) saying his focus is on housing and health?

Absolutely.

He did sweet F.A. about it for 4 years.
    ..he watched from the sidelines on those issues....then took a hammering in the election because of SF's surge on the issues of homelessness and the health system and is now reacting to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,619 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Francie has this theory that mad lunatics on the sideline ranting and raving about government policy can not only influence government but bring about significant change. It is the equivalent of the GAA supporter in the stand loudly criticising every pass and player on the pitch before claiming the resulting goal was the outcome of their advice. After a while, you just move seats.

Absolutely.

He did sweet F.A. about it for 4 years.
    ..he watched from the sidelines on those issues....then took a hammering in the election because of SF's surge on the issues of homelessness and the health system and is now reacting to that.

he did SFA ? what did Sinn Fein do?

Nothing either

They werent in government.

If you think making promises to house everyone in a 3 bed house in their preferred location with magic money is doing something you must have voted for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Yeah it looks like FG have gone into an incredible sulk after their election results.

he did SFA ? what did Sinn Fein do?

Nothing either

They werent in government.

If you think making promises to house everyone in a 3 bed house in their preferred location with magic money is doing something you must have voted for them.

They did what you are supposed to do in OPPOSITION. They called attention to government failings and mistakes.

Exactly what Leo would be doing when he comes out of his huff with the electorate.

I did vote for SF this time...not because I believed their sales brochure manifesto, (like everybody else's) but because I believe they would have the people at the centre of their concerns.

They did what you are supposed to do in OPPOSITION. They called attention to government failings and mistakes.

Exactly what Leo would be doing when he comes out of his huff with the electorate.

I did vote for SF this time...not because I believed their sales brochure manifesto, (like everybody else's) but because I believe they would have the people at the centre of their concerns.

they have a certain cohort at the centre of their concerns,

and plenty that are supposed to pay for it.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    Francie has this theory that mad lunatics on the sideline ranting and raving about government policy can not only influence government but bring about significant change. It is the equivalent of the GAA supporter in the stand loudly criticising every pass and player on the pitch before claiming the resulting goal was the outcome of their advice. After a while, you just move seats.

It is much more like Monaghan getting inside Stephen Cluxton's head and pressuring him to kick the ball out over the sideline because of the pressure.(the election results for FF FG)
    He has to up his game the next time as a result. (FF FG commitments to sort the issues if they get back into power)

they have a certain cohort at the centre of their concerns,

and plenty that are supposed to pay for it.

The demographic that voted for them politely disagree. Former FF FG voters. Still coming across in their droves if the growth to 35% is to be believed.

The demographic that voted for them politely disagree. Former FF FG voters. Still coming across in their droves if the growth to 35% is to be believed.

Former FF and Fg voters for them doesnt change anything that i said,

a certain cohort is at the centre of their interests and a certain cohort isnt and will have to pay for it. For however long it takes for people to realise their economic policies cant support their other promises.

Former FF and Fg voters for them doesnt change anything that i said,

a certain cohort is at the centre of their interests and a certain cohort isnt and will have to pay for it. For however long it takes for people to realise their economic policies cant support their other promises.

Have you looked at the state of this country?

Under FF and with the blessings of FG in opposition we crashed spectacularly.

FF/FG 'economic policies'? You can fecking keep them.

I want to try a different approach and I am very much not alone.

Have you looked at the state of this country?

Under FF and with the blessings of FG in opposition we crashed spectacularly.

FF/FG 'economic policies'? You can fecking keep them.

I want to try a different approach and I am very much not alone.

do you think we would have avoided the global economic meltdown with a sinn fein government?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Why though of they don't have the numbers to form a government?

What a waste of everyines time.

Of course we all know its so they can turn around and say we tried even though a 4 year old could have told them from the very start that the numbers aren't there.

Ok let's straighten this one out, initially (and not for the first time) you claimed SF did nothing to try and form a govt, you got furnished with several links to prove you were talking nonsense, now (picking up the baton from others) rather than hold the hands up, admit you were talking bollocks, you change the whinge to make it that they were time wasting FFS.

you also appear to have forgotten to answer the question posed to you about why you seem to believe SF need to be doing caretaker Simon Harris' health portfolio for him.

Discuss

do you think we would have avoided the global economic meltdown with a sinn fein government?

How about you judge the government we had and how they did?

You know the one we are about to allow back in, in super concentrated, coalesced form.

If we had elected Sinn Fein thirty years ago, we would be living in the land of milk and honey now with children dancing at the crossroads, living in harmony and peace with our unionist brethern (all now voluntarily converted to Catholicism), singing rebel songs in English, while conversing as Gaelige, everyone living in their own 4-bedroom detached house on half an acre with public transport outside their door and going on holidays three times a year.

You only need to look at Syria, Lebanon, Palestine and Venezuela to see how it all works out.

How about you judge the government we had and how they did?

You know the one we are about to allow back in, in super concentrated, coalesced form.

i dont seem to have the same problem with the government that we had (still have) that you do and i certainly dont think it would have been any better with sinn fein at the helm.

i hope to god they do go back in together.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Ok let's straighten this one out, initially (and not for the first time) you claimed SF did nothing to try and form a govt, you got furnished with several links to prove you were talking nonsense, now (picking up the baton from others) rather than hold the hands up, admit you were talking bollocks, you change the whinge to make it that they were time wasting FFS.

you also appear to have forgotten to answer the question posed to you about why you seem to believe SF need to be doing caretaker Simon Harris' health portfolio for him.

Discuss

Let's get this clear once and for all. 125 TDs were elected on the mandate of getting Fine Gael out of power. Between them, these 125 have so far failed utterly. The self-proclaimed leader of the 125, Mary-Lou has disappeared into fearful self-isolation, though it isn't clear whether she is isolating herself from the virus or from contact with other political leaders.

Of all the parties to blame for this mess, Fine Gael are the least to blame. For the rest, only the Greens can be absolved because they have been willing to go into government with anyone and have discussed government with everyone.

• Advertisement

Let's get this clear once and for all. 125 TDs were elected on the mandate of getting Fine Gael out of power. Between them, these 125 have so far failed utterly. The self-proclaimed leader of the 125, Mary-Lou has disappeared into fearful self-isolation, though it isn't clear whether she is isolating herself from the virus or from contact with other political leaders.

Of all the parties to blame for this mess, Fine Gael are the least to blame. For the rest, only the Greens can be absolved because they have been willing to go into government with anyone and have discussed government with everyone.

125 TD's were elected on differing mandates.

Stop with the juvenile FG directives blanch. They are designed for a simple people.

Nobody believes it. Even Leo, as he arranges meetings to talk about who gets to sit in the big chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Chronic under performance the last nine years means they're to blame. Also you keep going on about SF bitching.i have never seen a politician to sulk like Leo and Harris the last few weeks.they're having meltdowns on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Another public health expert spouting his expert opinion on here.
    I may not be a public health expert, but neither is Simon Harris. Not by a long shot. He is an inept clown. The only reason that he survived the motion of no confidence (barely) is because of the C&S agreement, which otherwise would have seen him suffer a landslide defeat.

You may want to listen to SOR today, where there were actual health experts, and they suggest suspending flights, as it is unlikely we will have the facilities to deal with what is coming here. Cut it at its source, stop it entering as much as possible.

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21727196

I may not be a public health expert, but neither is Simon Harris. Not by a long shot. He is an inept clown. The only reason that he survived the motion of no confidence (barely) is because of the C&S agreement, which otherwise would have seen him suffer a landslide defeat.

You may want to listen to SOR today, where there were actual health experts, and they suggest suspending flights, as it is unlikely we will have the facilities to deal with what is coming here. Cut it at its source, stop it entering as much as possible.

According to Twitter the centre of Dublin is full of Italians wandering about. Ludicrous really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yet according to the same poll they are the party the most people don't want in government

Yet according to the same poll they are the party the most people don't want in government

the party the most people don't want in government...on their own.

I don't want any particular party in government on their 'own' either. None of them have proven they can be trusted or have the ability for that.

Unlike you, Simon Harris has public health experts advising him what to do. You probably rely on missives from Parnell Square.

Actual public health experts with access to all of the data? Or opinions for hire?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Unlike you, Simon Harris has public health experts advising him what to do. You probably rely on missives from Parnell Square.

Actual public health experts with access to all of the data? Or opinions for hire?
    Wow.

Somebody that inept has experts advising him. Are you sure he's actually listening to them?

Not sure if you are aware, but there is what is called 'a bit of an epidemic' on at the moment, worldwide. Global. That means it's not confined to simple Simon territory (thank god). There are plenty of sources and mistakes already made that would give some good examples how to deal with it. Coupled with the experts on the link I provided for you, is plenty enough reason for anyone to agree that suspending the flights would have been the correct thing to do.

P.S. Get ready to run, there may be a question in the next post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Isnt that what you and your comrades wanted when you voted for "change" ?????

FG usually have no time for the general public, now it seems they dislike them.
    Didn't he call for the Ireland Italy game to be cancelled 2 weeks ago and you were here saying he will have lost a lot of support from his "rugby" posh boys for doing it and jumping the gun??

That's partially correct. I said he'd be in trouble with the Rugger base. But I only criticised his holding a press conference saying it was cancelled before he spoke to or informed the IRFU.
    TBF, a number of your brethren have misrepresented that post over the days since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Hello Sinn Féin!!!!!

Again, the public, are not SF. You folk are scaring yourselves. SF are merely a party that gained popularity in a recent election, likely due to FG poor performance.
    I know it would be comfortable to believe everyone who gave SF a vote was like yourselves 100% party faithful, and voted SF because the 'RA disbanded and they've time on their hands, but that's not reality.
    When FG got in were all the people voted for them arrogant landlords? I doubt it.

Looking like FF and FG might get it together. Leo will jump ship if it happens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement