Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,817 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

And yet you still can't answer it.

So what were the people he was talking about, doing, that it provoked him to comment?

When are you going to comment on the other part of the tweet which shows that the person you say was operating to a thought out and planned strategy, was 'only thinking about' enforcing closure 13 hours ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

So what were the people he was talking about, doing, that it provoked him to comment?

When are you going to comment on the other part of the tweet which shows that the person you say was operating to a thought out and planned strategy, was 'only thinking about' enforcing closure 13 hours ago?

One thing at a time now. Where did he say he was basing any actions on that temple bar footage?

Whenever you get a chance you might ask an adult to reword your response into coherent English.

If you think/claim those two sentences aren't coherent I've no doubt SF got your #1 vote.

One thing at a time now. Where did he say he was basing any actions on that temple bar footage?

Too late at night to engage in your protective pedantry.

Believe what you want.

when it was clear from Varadkar's tweet this AM that they would act after seeing footage from Temple Bar videos over the weekend.
    Too late at night to engage in your protective pedantry.

Believe what you want.

You made something up (in bold above). I called you on it. Sleep well ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Augeo wrote: »
    If you think/claim those two sentences aren't coherent I've no doubt SF got your #1 vote.

You should doubt yourself so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

This thread has been a joke for a while, but now that the FG kids are off school and bored it's ridiculous. They've little to do but protect Leo and whinge (and attempt the odd, infantile insult).
    How anyone could back that shower in their current form is beyond most people. But it really shows the type of people that consider themselves somehow bonded with them. They can only be so blind for so long.
    Besides, they're kids, so let them at it. They're politics will change at least two more times as they grow.

Good advice
    https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1238504143104421888

Suckit wrote: »
    This thread has been a joke for a while, but now that the FG kids are off school and bored it's ridiculous. They've little to do but protect Leo and whinge (and attempt the odd, infantile insult).
    How anyone could back that shower in their current form is beyond most people. But it really shows the type of people that consider themselves somehow bonded with them. They can only be so blind for so long.
    Besides, they're kids, so let them at it. They're politics will change at least two more times as they grow.

The OP was about FG doing nothing for the next 5 years. They are the only party who have done anything since this crisis began.
    Personally I have no love for Leo. But I do think Coveney has done quite well so far. Their 'current form' has been praised by the WHO. I am happy enough to believe they know a little more than whinging posters on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

The OP was about FG doing nothing for the next 5 years. They are the only party who have done anything since this crisis began.
    Personally I have no love for Leo. But I do think Coveney has done quite well so far. Their 'current form' has been praised by the WHO. I am happy enough to believe they know a little more than whinging posters on here.

Of course, the WHO took time out of their very long days fighting the largest pandemic of the last 100 years to single out FG for praise. Sure thing.

Talk about having drank the Kool-aid. You really are a cultist you know that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭satguy

It's very hard to take someone serious, if the joined 3 months ago, and spent most of that time posting pro FG comments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

FG are still our caretaker government. Leo is till our caretaker Taoiseach. It would be strange if they didn’t take charge here. I find it laughable that FG supporters are now commending them for doing nothing more then the job they’re paid to do particularly when it Simply requires following and acting on expert advice. They’ve had 2 terms to show their competence and they failed repeatedly and spectacularly on all levels not least putting a child in charge of health and destroying the service for many generations to come.

I’m not happy to let FG continue here as they have proven track record in failure and they’ve been far too slow to respond, as usual, allowing flights to land unchecked for weeks from highly impacted areas which inevitably and predictably led to numerous clusters around the country.

Leo only closed the schools at the time because he was prancing around Washington trying to find the Don to take his bowl of shamrock (cringe). Don had literally just stopped all flights from Europe and most of those countries were already closing schools etc. We were doing nothing as usual and like the UK, we still would be doing thing now now if the threat of banning flights from Ireland hadn’t been so real and urgent. As it happened, Trump just waited till Varadker was out of his sight and banned them anyway but Leo didn’t act for us in this at all, he acted for himself as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I didn't vote FG in the last election as I thought a change was needed. However I'm very impressed with their handling of this crisis. Particularly impressed with Simon Harris.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Particularly impressed with Simon Harris.

What in particular has impressed you about Simon’s response on this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

mlm-shops.jpg

Is she still self-isolating?

Was really sad to see her crying because she couldn’t buy toilet paper.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    mlm-shops.jpg

Should you not be posting pics of children killed by the UDA and blaming SF

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Should you not be posting pics of children killed by the UDA and blaming SF

:pac:

Making a joke about dead children? A smiley face,really?

Happy enough to see SF evaporate now. Feel sorry for those up the North who actually voted them into power. But sure I suppose they must be used to SF doing SFA, they abandoned their electorate during Brexit negotiations, sure didn’t FG have to save them back then too.

What are FG going to do for the next 5 years? What have SF ever done?

They should rename themselves to Sweet Fuck All.

Anyhow, I’ll leave you to it.

She'd walk away from a huge #2 so toilet paper a huge issue for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭storker

mlm-shops.jpg

First time using photoshop?

FG posters: Don't use a national crisis as a political football

Also FG posters: Proceed to use a national crisis as a political football.

This will be lost on them, but the FG chest thumping is particularly unedifying.

They are the government...it is they who SHOULD be doing stuff.
    As far as I know there is no facility for other parties to introduce anything or legislate. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

They are the government...it is they who SHOULD be doing stuff.
    As far as I know there is no facility for other parties to introduce anything or legislate. :rolleyes:

You are missing the point. The OP says they would do nothing for the next 5 years. He was wrong.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Of course, the WHO took time out of their very long days fighting the largest pandemic of the last 100 years to single out FG for praise. Sure thing.

Talk about having drank the Kool-aid. You really are a cultist you know that?

Not FG, ireland. Your hatred has you completely blind.

You are missing the point. The OP says they would do nothing for the next 5 years. He was wrong.

The OP based their post on FG's statement that they 'would go into opposition'. They are STILL the government, they are supposed to be doing something and they are the only party that have the power vested in them, to do something.

But fire ahead with the disingenuous point scoring.

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I didn't vote FG in the last election as I thought a change was needed. However I'm very impressed with their handling of this crisis. Particularly impressed with Simon Harris.

Haven’t seen much from Harris to be impressed with to be fair. He has stayed very much in the background.

Not FG, ireland. Your hatred has you completely blind.

Yeah because that's what you were inferring wasn't it?

I don't hold hate for anyone, but I do think you are deeply silly and are doing exactly what you accuse other political factions of doing, and what's more, you're louder about it.

satguy wrote: »
    It seems FG will be very happy to just sit on their hands for 5 years. Would FG voters be happy with this, as it means all those FG votes mean nothing, and do nothing

This is from the OP. It’s supposedly what we are meant to be debating. It’s obviously wrong.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Yeah because that's what you were inferring wasn't it?

I don't hold hate for anyone, but I do think you are deeply silly and are doing exactly what you accuse other political factions of doing, and what's more, you're louder about it.

What do I accuse other factions of doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Couldn’t agree more. Leo has shown class, calmness under servers pressure and leadership. Exactly what was necessary right now.
    He is also a qualified medic.

Making a joke about dead children? A smiley face,really?

Happy enough to see SF evaporate now. Feel sorry for those up the North who actually voted them into power. But sure I suppose they must be used to SF doing SFA, they abandoned their electorate during Brexit negotiations, sure didn’t FG have to save them back then too.

What are FG going to do for the next 5 years? What have SF ever done?

They should rename themselves to Sweet Fuck All.

Anyhow, I’ll leave you to it.

Meh...im not one using dead kids to make a political pint...laughing at yous pretending to care tbh mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

The OP based their post on FG's statement that they 'would go into opposition'. They are STILL the government, they are supposed to be doing something and they are the only party that have the power vested in them, to do something.

But fire ahead with the disingenuous point scoring.

They cant leave government until the other 125 TDs vote them out.

Till then FG have to keep going as the others have ran away.

SF will keep away from government. Yeara of austerity ahead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement