Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,817 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

They cant leave government until the other 125 TDs vote them out.

Till then FG have to keep going as the others have ran away.

SF will keep away from government. Yeara of austerity ahead.

So in the absence of a new government they ARE THE ONES WHO HAVE TO DO STUFF.

Point out to us all WHAT other parties can do other than fulfill the duties of opposition and point out lapses and flaws in what the government are doing or not doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Should you not be posting pics of children killed by the UDA and blaming SF

:pac:
    Meh...im not one using dead kids to make a political pint...laughing at yous pretending to care tbh mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Are they doing stuff? Yes.
    The OP claimed otherwise. This is what the thread is about. The OP was wrong.
    To be fair, it was a hospital pass of a thread to begin with but fair play to the posters on here still trying to make a game of it :D

Are they doing stuff? Yes.
    The OP claimed otherwise. This is what the thread is about. The OP was wrong.
    To be fair, it was a hospital pass of a thread to begin with but fair play to the posters on here still trying to make a game of it :D

Read slowly here: The OP was in response to FG's assertion that they would go into opposition for the next term (5 years)

Has the next term begun = No
    Has your pointscoring any relevance/credence = No

Read slowly here: The OP was in response to FG's assertion that they would go into opposition for the next term (5 years)

So in opposition the parties do nothing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭solidasarock

I just think we really lucked out with the timing of this crisis and have a experienced government at the helm and not a bunch of new ministers wondering what the office wifi password is.

Has the next term begun = No
    Has your pointscoring any relevance/credence = No

Maybe the OP jumped the gun then. (Hospital pass)

It only feels like point scoring when you are losing. ;)

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

And yes??

Im pointing/laughing at yous who taught it ok to bring dead children into politiacal discussion

If yous have issue with this,i suggest you examine your posting style mate...you posted it noone else,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Point out to us all WHAT other parties can do other than fulfill the duties of opposition and point out lapses and flaws in what the government are doing or not doing.

The other parties can form a new government. They have 125TDs. Only need 79.

They are running away because its austerity for years ahead.

New election needed in Sep/Oct.

I hope we will be in a position to have another election at that time. I have my doubts the way things are going.
    Maybe this time instead of electronic voting we could have online voting....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,430 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

How are FF running away? Martin seems to me to be forcing the pace on a deal with FG.

So can FG/FF and the Greens/multiple combinations...what happened with that one?

How are FF running away? Martin seems to me to be forcing the pace on a deal with FG.

FF need the deal to stay relevant. Otherwise they will fall further. They could be the new labour.

So can FG/FF and the Greens/multiple combinations...what happened with that one?

The Greens are slow to go in. Can’t blame them.

The Greens are slow to go in. Can’t blame them.

So nobody can form a new government currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭IAmTheReign

They could actually get on with forming a government. I mean they keep going on about what FG are doing wrong and what they would do if they were in charge during this crisis.

Greens have pulled out. Only interested in a national government.

https://www.thejournal.ie/green-party-no-deal-fg-ff-5042542-Mar2020/

SDs and Lab have also ruled out FF|FG

So nobody can form a new government currently.

Good job FG are getting on with things then. Contrary to what the OP claimed.

They could actually get on with forming a government. I mean they keep going on about what FG are doing wrong and what they would do if they were in charge during this crisis.

No...like an awful lot of people they are pointing out lapses and failures in the handling of this crisis.

That is the DUTY of an opposition.

FG have a duty to caretake under the constitution. They are also doing their duty.

How can they do that? Realistically you need two out of three from FF, FG & SF to form a government, and FF and FG have made it clear they won't do business with SF.

• Advertisement

How can they do that? Realistically you need two out of three from FF, FG & SF to form a government, and FF and FG have made it clear they won't do business with SF.

Wrong.

You dont need FF or FG.

You need 79 TDs. Currently there are 87 TDs who arent FF or FG.

Wrong.

You dont need FF or FG.

In theory. And in theory it would be possible for SF+FG+whoever to form a government. But neither is a realistic proposition...

In theory. And in theory it would be possible for SF+FG+whoever to form a government. But neither is a realistic proposition...

Well I hope people cop on that voting for indos in large numbers leads to this sort of mess.

Well I hope people cop on that voting for indos in large numbers leads to this sort of mess.

Voting for a party that decided first to huff, then play games hasn't exactly paid dividends either.

Voting for a party that decided first to huff, then play games hasn't exactly paid dividends either.

Yep SF and their hilarious claim that they would lead a left wing government on counting day was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭piplip87

FF and FG need to step upto the plate and form a government.

After this election hard choices will need to be made. If it comes down to increasing dole by 200 million or pumping the 200 Million to employers to help get the back on Thier feet SF would choose the former for short term electoral gains. Where as the latter would take longer to work but it will get people back to work.

I'd say SF and the PBP crowd will have Thier eyes on corporate tax been raised quite substantially again.

It would be extremely interesting to see how the manifestos will costed after all this has passed.

piplip87 wrote: »
    FF and FG need to step upto the plate and form a government.

After this election hard choices will need to be made. If it comes down to increasing dole by 200 million or pumping the 200 Million to employers to help get the back on Thier feet SF would choose the former for short term electoral gains. Where as the latter would take longer to work but it will get people back to work.

I'd say SF and the PBP crowd will have Thier eyes on corporate tax been raised quite substantially again.

It would be extremely interesting to see how the manifestos will costed after all this has passed.

FF and FG dont have the numbers without others.

Greens lab SDs have said no. Obviously the likes of PBP Sol are out.

Only option looks like FF FG and some indos. Very shaky.

Yep SF and their hilarious claim that they would lead a left wing government on counting day was a joke.

The operative word that you guys keep missing (intentionally, no doubt) was 'try to form a government of the left'.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Nothing will happen 'til then. FG will continue (thank God). I predict a big swing back to them once this crisis is handled properly/sensibly and we come out the other end on an even keal. SF and co will be left back floundering in opposition where they belong. The narrative has evolved now to one of complete economic survival and damage limitation to rebuilding rather than the philosphical groundless otherly planet sand SF manifestos are built on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I just think we really lucked out with the timing of this crisis and have a experienced government at the helm and not a bunch of new ministers wondering what the office wifi password is.

We are so lucky in a weird way with the timing. A very bad sistuation could have been carnage under the helm of SF. As they say "never get an amateur to do a professionals job"- couldn't be more apt right now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement