Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Who do you vote for...so we can trawl through their past social media posts to see can we get some dirt on them and then describe it as their party's policy?

I'd prefer if he stuck to discussing FG rather than trying to switch to SF or whomever. Tough with FG's record I know, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Bowie wrote: »
    Record breaking year on year worsening crises. Ain't no party in the history of the state can top that.

FG for the next 5 years. Bitchin' and moaning about everyone but themselves.

Record low numbers of people waiting on trolleys today.

What does that tell you about the drunks and timewasters clogging up the A and E
    for years.

A lot of facts will be seen after all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,817 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

What does that tell you about the drunks and timewasters clogging up the A and E
    for years.

You think drunks and timewasters are managing the hospitals?

If 'drunks and timewasters' are clogging up services...whose fault is that if it is allowed to continue?

If 'drunks and timewasters' are clogging up services...whose fault is that if it is allowed to continue?

Right that makes no sense.

Right that makes no sense.

Whose fault is it that drunks and timewasters have been clogging up the system?

Is it a conspiracy these people have entered into as a collective or incompetence of management?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

for years.

far too lenient here! build a drunk tank in town for a start, ridiculous that our medical staff and other patients have to put up with that! Also everyone should have to start paying something towards gp visits and hospital admitance etc, the cost of the system is astronomic and give people something for free (directly) and they dont respect it, particularly the ones who dont work.

Is it a conspiracy these people have entered into as a collective or incompetence of management?

its the politicans fault! build a drunk tank in dublin city centre and those who end up in it, can pay for their stay!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

Such thinking helps FF/FG sleep better. It's the voters that are wrong and they should be ridiculed! Very mature and healthy.

Well in certain cases it is to be honest. Fine gael took a country over in the heights of a depression with 16% unemployment in the height of a financial crisis. They left it less than ten years later with 5% unemployed with 4.9% of that 5% not willing / able to work. Growth of 5-6% when the rest of europe have flat lined. They have been massacred for a poor.job in health and housing. Both of which spending has increased substantially on the back of budget deficits. Left the budget in a surplus situation. But still people dont think they have done a good job because theres 12k people looking for free houses and defunk health service has got no better even with increased spending.
    The sooner boys like you get your way the better. It might soften your cough a bit when you the same treatment as the people of NI are getting from the great Sinn Fein

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

I'd prefer if he stuck to discussing FG rather than trying to switch to SF or whomever. Tough with FG's record I know, but still.

I have stayed since the start of the thread that FG have a bad record on public spending. Increased it by 13 billion.

But the left wing parties just want more tax and more spending.

No party wants to curb public spending and get a better return for the taxpayer.

GAA players block up the system.

Charge them. Let then use the sky sports money.

• Advertisement

dh1985 wrote: »
    Well in certain cases it is to be honest. Fine gael took a country over in the heights of a depression with 16% unemployment in the height of a financial crisis. They left it less than ten years later with 5% unemployed with 4.9% of that 5% not willing / able to work. They have been massacred for a poor.job in health and housing. Both of which spending has increased substantially on the back of budget deficits. Left the budget in a surplus situation. But still people dont think they have done a good job because theres 12k people looking for free houses and drunk health service has got no better even with increased spending.
    The sooner boys like you get your way the better. It might soften your cough a bit when you the same treatment as the people of NI are getting from the great Sinn Fein

many of those 12,000 shouldnt and cant be housed! The backlash came largely from working people, many ex FG voters, who are fcuked because of the housing crisis. If you intention is rip off prices, which serves some purpose for them, dont be surprised that the many facing ever decreasing living standards, eventually say enough is enough! They can introduce their emergecy budget soon, cut the christmas welfare bonus for a start. People now having paid a fortune into the system, getting E203 a week back, less than that parasite margaret cash and her legions! Time for a proper welfare overhaul, base what you get out, based on what you paid in, like many non banana republics do!

Ah I get it now.

The usual it's always the governments fault for people acting the arsehole.

No personal responsibility anymore.

You don't need the government to make you behaved civilised and not a dickhead.

Although according to some posters here they do.

Idbatterim wrote: »
    far too lenient here! build a drunk tank in town for a start, ridiculous that our medical staff and other patients have to put up with that! Also everyone should have to start paying something towards gp visits and hospital admitance etc, the cost of the system is astronomic and give people something for free (directly) and they dont respect it, particularly the ones who dont work.

I love how we want free GP care.

Only the UK has that in the whole of the EU. It's not sustainable.

Ah I get it now.

You expect drunks and timewasters to have 'personal responsibility'?

Are you one of those that are running the HSE? :rolleyes:

I love how we want free GP care.

Only the UK has that in the whole of the EU. It's not sustainable.

this "we" its always the people already being massive benefactors and drains on the system. Jesus I thought a few weeks ago this country was in for a wake up call, i didnt see that SF surge coming like most, to the extent it did and nobody saw this coming (to the extent it has) Bet you the parties are glad no government has been formed yet!!!

for years.

So what does that tell you?
    Tells me people fearing for their lives are less likely to put them at risk.

Record low number 'waiting' on trolleys, you must be proud, no wait, by your logic it's because less people are attending not anything FF/FG did.
    The problems remain. A global pandemic can't be relied upon to keep people fearful of going out in public all the time.
    FG didn't create the health crisis, they watched it get worse under their tenure.

dh1985 wrote: »
    Well in certain cases it is to be honest. Fine gael took a country over in the heights of a depression with 16% unemployment in the height of a financial crisis. They left it less than ten years later with 5% unemployed with 4.9% of that 5% not willing / able to work. Growth of 5-6% when the rest of europe have flat lined. They have been massacred for a poor.job in health and housing. Both of which spending has increased substantially on the back of budget deficits. Left the budget in a surplus situation. But still people dont think they have done a good job because theres 12k people looking for free houses and defunk health service has got no better even with increased spending.

Rightly so. So what's wrong with that?
    What good is a surplus to anyone working away having to move back in with their parents?
    Tax payers are looking for a fair shake. 'Free houses' is the FG arrogant and ignorant attitude, which I welcome because it's not working for them.

Record breaking year on year crises.
    Spending for the profits of vulture funds while making the market worse for those trying to buy,yeah spending more. Hotels and 25 year leases, yeah spending more. Throwing money at the HSE rather than tackling it, yep, spending more.
    They pander to private profit and are arrogant about it. Boys like me are the growing number of the electorate who are moving away from brown envelope, brown shirt politics. Not for kicks, but if it helps you reconcile loss, sure just for divilment....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Idbatterim wrote: »
    this "we" its always the people already being massive benefactors and drains on the system. Jesus I thought a few weeks ago this country was in for a wake up call, i didnt see that SF surge coming like most, to the extent it did and nobody saw this coming (to the extent it has) Bet you the parties are glad no government has been formed yet!!!

Just be grateful like the rest of us that MLM was too lazy to get around to forming a government and we don't have to endure the double hardship of this crisis coupled with their amateur headless-chicken-type approach to this and indeed everything else.
    SF surge has come and gone and will recede like the tide once this all plays out. It's economic survival that we are concerned with and will be the narrative from here on in. Not philosophical musings about social housing from PolSoc type wasters like O'Broin et al.

road_high wrote: »
    Just be grateful like the rest of us that MLM was too lazy to get around to forming a government and we don't have to endure the double hardship of this crisis coupled with their amateur headless-chicken-type approach to this and indeed everything else.
    SF surge has come and gone and will recede like the tide once this all plays out. It's economic survival that we are concerned with and will be the narrative from here on in. Not philosophical musings about social housing from PolSoc type wasters like O'Broin et al.

Do you ever stop with this stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

the leadership and clarity on show this evening was a stark contrast to those two so called leaders in london and washington

• Advertisement

Do you ever stop with this stuff?

Says the poster commenting and replying to everything on every page..... We are just as entitled to our opinions as you and everyone, so no- I won’t ever stop saying what I think of SF and the truth about them and their bankrupting policies because it needs to be said. And repeated over and over
    I rarely bother replying to your posts here as it’s akin to bashing my head off a brick wall.

Says the poster commenting and replying to everything on every page..... We are just as entitled to our opinions as you and everyone, so no- I won’t ever stop saying what I think of SF and the truth about them and their bankrupting policies because it needs to be said. And repeated over and over

I'm not making the same speculative post all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Ah I get it now.

Ah so you're a libertarian now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

This crisis will develop, and will require the creation of an all-party National Government.

Party politics is in the poor place compared to the extraordinary crisis the Republic finds itself in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

This crisis will develop, and will require the creation of an all-party National Government.

Party politics is in the poor place compared to the extraordinary crisis the Republic finds itself in.

Just look at the negativity on here. I can’t see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

I think you are very much mistaken with your final comments.

With the inevitable job lay-offs, people unable to pay their mortgages and rents, housing will still be top of the list of most peoples concerns.
    The SF surge will be just as strong, and possibly stronger.

With the Green's pretty much out of the government formation game now they know there will not be money flowing or available for their overly idealistic manifesto that was never costed, its down to the Independents to prop up a FF/FG government. I cant see a FF/FG/Independent government lasting a full term, especially if this Corona virus crisis carries through to next year.

The temporary restriction on pubs, hotels and travel are unlikely to be temporary or only up until the end of the month. It is far more likely these measures will be required for a number of months.

If a FF/FG government is formed some how FG are now going to have to do a reverse on many of their existing policies and stances.
    Not only will they have to agree to a massive home building program but FF will be putting the pressure on for huge recruitment and spending on health. There will be pressure on any government formed to stop evictions of those in arrears with their mortgages and pressure also to aid tenants who now find themselves out of work through no fault of their own but are above social welfare thresholds for housing support.
    If FG refuse to do any of these things, and the Independents propping up the government pull the legs from under it, the SF support will not be a receding tide as you might think, its going to be more like a full on tsunami in any subsequent election

efanton wrote: »
    I think you are very much mistaken with your final comments.

With the inevitable job lay-offs, people unable to pay their mortgages and rents, housing will still be top of the list of most peoples concerns.
    The SF surge will be just as strong, and possibly stronger.

With the Green's pretty much out of the government formation game now they know there will not be money flowing or available for their overly idealistic manifesto that was never costed, its down to the Independents to prop up a FF/FG government. I cant see a FF/FG/Independent government lasting a full term, especially if this Corona virus crisis carries through to next year.

The temporary restriction on pubs, hotels and travel are unlikely to be temporary or only up until the end of the month. It is far more likely these measures will be required for a number of months.

If a FF/FG government is formed some how FG are now going to have to do a reverse on many of their existing policies and stances.
    Not only will they have to agree to a massive home building program but FF will be putting the pressure on for huge recruitment and spending on health. There will be pressure on any government formed to stop evictions of those in arrears with their mortgages and pressure also to aid tenants who now find themselves out of work through no fault of their own but are above social welfare thresholds for housing support.
    If FG refuse to do any of these things, and the Independents propping up the government pull the legs from under it, the SF support will not be a receding tide as you might think, its going to be more like a full on tsunami in any subsequent election

Then someone asks OBrion will SF be spending an extra 25billion by 2025?

What will he say? :o

I know, they can’t even protest any more. What is the point of sf?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,868 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I rarely bother replying to your posts here as it’s akin to bashing my head off a brick wall.

When the sun explodes and engulfs the earth, the last post on boards will be Francie complaining that it is all the Brits fault but at least they won't be around to stop the glorius united Ireland.

Unless Bowie beats him to it saying that it won't solve the homeless crisis, only make it worse and that's what you get when FG suck up to Denis O'Brien.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Again I have to ask.
    Where are you getting this 25 billion?

SF manifesto proposal was to spend 6 billion in additional to existing government budgets for home building.
    That would be capital expenditure. 6 billion amortised over 25 years would cost the state approximately 250 million per year.

So where do you get the 25 billion from?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement