Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Runaways wrote: »
    Ehhh Leo ran for that exact ditch only a few short weeks ago. ‘They have the mandate it’s up to them to form a government’. His words.
    Only seeing his opportunity to appear like a leader and used this crisis to do so.

Never has a man been so lauded for reading off a bleedin teleprompter ffs.

You’d swear he’s after curing this virus.

Laughable

125 TDs aren't FG. They can replace him tomorrow.

They have all run away. SF gave up after two days on forming a government of the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,431 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

efanton wrote: »
    Why?

What difference would it make?

They don't want to find themselves at the crux of government formation talks when the death toll suddenly takes off. Neither party would want to be seen to be in any way interfering with crisis management.

They have all run away. SF gave up after two days on forming a government of the left.

What about matt shanahan (IND) who had FG members canvass for him??

Eammon Ryan.

“Or let’s get every south-facing windowsill in this country. Let’s plant our seeds in the next week so that if there is a supply crisis in food in a few months’ time and when this gets really hard, we will have our salads ready to go.”

God helps us all. :rolleyes:

To be completely fair boards is infested and populated by posters in every single thread bemoaning scroungers and doleites and screeching about the free houses the aforementioned seem to get (they don’t) every single opportunity possible. And when they don’t have the opportunity they just steer the conversation into that anyways.
    Always the same accounts always the same rants. And all of them pushing the sharper edge of FGs mantras and manifestos

Hasn’t happened yet?
    Why aren’t the 300,000 renters in the country being afforded the same freeze landlords are?

How am I sposed to find my rent when my effin landlord has been given a three month freeze on his mortgage?

Ah it’s ok. Here’s a three month ban on eviction.

It would be at least that anyways for notice to quit so talk about empty fvckin gestures

You people have your heads so far up varadkars arse you probably can see out his eyeballs
    Wonder why or how that might be

The welfare classes take from workers who lost their jobs. Less money to go around.

Meanwhile a 4×4(4 kids by 4 different fathers) mother in Ballymun gets everything for free.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

The welfare classes take from workers who lost their jobs. Less money to go around.

Meanwhile a 4×4(4 kids by 4 different fathers) mother in Ballymun gets everything for free.

Thank you for so beautifully illustrating my point for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I’m grateful for small mercies. It’s the best possible outcome at the moment. Go for another election whenever it is possible and the people can reassess the whole situation in a much fresher and more realistic context. I’ve been warning about a rainy day for years as have a few others but it was deeply unfashionable and impossible to compete with the free money ever after SF and co rainbow

Thank you for so beautifully illustrating my point for me.

Anybody who goes out and has such a lifestyle should expect hardship. Welfare is supposed to be temporary unless your a pensioner, disabled, on sick leave etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Who exactly is running?

Does it really take 6 weeks for FG or FF to actually commit to forming a government?

SF were straight out of the blocks and would have formed a left of centre government only for Labour to kill that with their statement that they would not consider any involvement in any collision. That might have been disappointing to many, but at least Labour had the gumption to make a decision and stick to it.
    FG supporters were so keen for SF to form a government its surprising that FG did not offer some sort of confidence pact in order for a minority coalition to be formed. But its seems FG party headquarters ran away from that option.

Meanwhile we are still waiting for FG and FF to make up their bloody minds.
    They could easily have made the commitment weeks ago and then hammered out the details over a few weeks, instead all we have heard is maybe, maybe not.

A straight NO from either FF or FG would be good enough for most people. We could leave the existing government in place until such time as it was safe to run another election.

The only parties that seem to be running or indecisive are FG and FF.

FG are the only ones doing anything. They are the only ones not running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

The welfthe rules a regulationsare classes take from workers who lost their jobs. Less money to go around.

Why do FG supporter always point the finger at very small minority of people and the try to generalise it to the entire population.
    Whether you like it or not those people get those benefits because they qualify according to the rules and regulations

Yet the same people NEVER point the finger at the wealthy who manipulate the rules and regulations in order to avoid paying very substantial amounts of tax, the shortfall of which must then be paid by others.

In 2016 it was estimated that tax evasion cost the Irish state €1.02 BILLION
    https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/sites/taxation/files/2019-taxation-papers-76.pdf

Every year in Ireland hundreds of millions are lost to tax avoidance schemes

When you compare the annual cost of tax avoidance to benefit fraud the former costs the taxpayer in excess of ten times more.

So you either argue that those using tax avoidance and shady but legal schemes are perfectly entitled to because what they did was within the rules AND at the same time argue that what some social welfare claimants that use the rules to their own advantage get are entitled to so because their claims were also with the rules, or you must argue that both are wrong. The difference is tax evasion and tax avoidance costs the tax payer many many times more.

Surely you are pointing the finger in the wrong direction, or agree there is far more abuse going on at the wealthier end of the spectrum than the poorer end of the spectrum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,823 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

All parties turned up for work today in the Dáil.

Will you ever stop talking nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

the piss taking is at the top and bottom. Far easier to do something about it at the bottom end though, they have total control of that...

No, FG are in government and are they only ones that CAN do anything at the moment.

But they appear to be dragging their heels in government formation. If they dont want to be in government then they simply have to say NO, step aside and let others get on with it.

No one is forcing Leo to be taoiseach nor are they forcing FG to form a government. But by dragging their heels and refusing to declare they are going to form a coalition with FF in effect they are clinging on to power.

To argue that no other party is doing anything while those parties are not part of government is simply ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭growleaves

the piss taking is at the top and bottom. Far easier to do something about it at the bottom end though, they have total control of that...

An even weirder example of this phenomenon is that there's a photograph in the newspapers of Varadakar and Harris standing right next to each other, while every social conformist in the country (which is almost everyone) is giving out stink about randoms being less than two metres apart from each other.

Idbatterim wrote: »

Exactly.

But it annoys me intensely when I hear phrases like 'social welfare spongers' when the reality is the greater harm is done by those not on social welfare.

I think that cowardice is the real reason why everyone wants to 'take on' the bottom end of society and leave the top alone. (Maybe I should put that in the 'Unpopular Opinions' thread.)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭J_1980

Can’t wait for next election.
    When it’s not about free gaffs and more dole but about fixing €30bn deficits.
    No bankers and banks to blame this time.
    Irish people need some 15y austerity and suffering, this corona crisis really makes me happy :)

Similarly, Seeing Italians who retire 10y earlier than the Dutch going up the wall. 120...180...220% debt/gdp. Can’t wait for the leeches to leave the Euro and experience some real poverty :)

1.4bn chinese, 1.4bn Inidans desperately wanting a middle classe life: hard working honest people embracing free markets: THE FUTURE :)
    Corona will change the world for better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

J_1980 wrote: »
    When it’s not about free gaffs and more dole but about fixing €30bn deficits.
    No bankers and banks to blame this time.
    Irish people need some 15y austerity and suffering, this corona crisis really makes me happy :)

Similarly, Seeing Italians who retire 10y earlier than the Dutch going up the wall. 120...180...220% debt/gdp. Can’t wait for the leeches to leave the Euro and experience some real poverty :)

1.4bn chinese, 1.4bn Inidans desperately wanting a middle classe life: hard working honest people embracing free markets: THE FUTURE :)
    Corona will change the world for better :)
    you really need to cop yourself on!

road_high wrote: »
    I’m grateful for small mercies. It’s the best possible outcome at the moment. Go for another election whenever it is possible and the people can reassess the whole situation in a much fresher and more realistic context. I’ve been warning about a rainy day for years as have a few others but it was deeply unfashionable and impossible to compete with the free money ever after SF and co rainbow

Ireland doesn’t need a rainy day fund.
    It needs a rainy year fund.
    Fun times ahead ;)

Who will you vote for as your 1st preference?

• Advertisement

growleaves wrote: »
    Who will you vote for as your 1st preference?

With my feet.
    Lived in 6 countries so far (im 39).
    Not gonna pay any more tax than current rate, will just leave. Always get a job anyway.
    Given that the MNC are the only game in town now (hospitality and tourism is gone) I doubt any politician can actually increase the top tax rate. The googles of this world hold all the cards here. If they don’t like it, it’s not gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,868 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    It seems by the attitude of the FG posse, this crisis will be used to gain ground and private profit by FG exactly like the financial crash and as with the ongoing housing crisis.
    Despicable party.

We'll be bailing out businesses of a certain size and all the rest will be called spongers. We certainly are not 'all in this together' with FG calling the shots. The bill of course will be everyone's.

As someone just said......
    Bowie wrote: »
    The bitterness runs deep.

blanch152 wrote: »
    As someone just said......

Should you not be planting up your windowsill?

Considering the ridiculousness of the OP and the continued raving of the shinners, it’s obvious FG have them completely rattled. I wonder why...

Considering the ridiculousness of the OP and the continued raving of the shinners, it’s obvious FG have them completely rattled. I wonder why...

An impartial observer would probably have a different view.

When asked straight questions or given undisputed facts the FG supporters either ignore that particular post, or continue repeating the same old mantra's or insults.

What has SF supporters rattled?

Why do you conveniently skip or ignore replies to you posts when it doesn't suit you?

It seems to me the only people who are rattled are the FG supporters.
    6 weeks later and they still cant over the fact that FG was absolutely decimated in the general election, that would be bad enough, but then to have to accept that only having fielded 42 candidates SF got 37 seats in the Dail, a truly massive swing.
    SF increased there seats by 14, FG lost 14 seats
    FG lost 30% of their seats. SF gained 168% in seats
    It doesn't matter what way you put the numbers the simple fact is FG are just clinging on to power. While they prevent or delay formation of a new government they still get to play big boy.
    Playtime is well and truly over, but you know that already.

An impartial observer would probably have a different view.

When asked straight questions or given undisputed facts the FG supporters either ignore that particular post, or continue repeating the same old mantra's or insults.

What has SF supporters rattled?

Why do you conveniently skip or ignore replies to you posts when it doesn't suit you?

It seems to me the only people who are rattled are the FG supporters.
    6 weeks later and they still cant over the fact that FG was absolutely decimated in the general election, that would be bad enough, but then to have to accept that only having fielded 42 candidates SF got 37 seats in the Dail, a truly massive swing.
    SF increased there seats by 14, FG lost 14 seats
    FG lost 30% of their seats. SF gained 168% in seats
    It doesn't matter what way you put the numbers the simple fact is FG are just clinging on to power. While they prevent or delay formation of a new government they still get to play big boy.
    Playtime is well and truly over, but you know that already.

I’m going to let you into a little secret...FG knew well they were going to have a bad election. The writing was on the wall. What did come as a surprise was how well SF did. They could not have had a better election. Yet, they still won’t be part of a government. And now with the current crisis, FG are coming up trumps. That has really pissed off the shinners.
    When you look at it now, FG couldn’t possibly be in a better place considering the hiding they took in the election. They have FF over a barrel as they need FG to stay relevant. And they have SF over a barrel. Because SF can’t get into power. And even if SF got an overall majority in the next election(highly unlikely but if), they are facing into years of austerity that will see them decimated in any following election as they just simply won’t have the money to fulfil their manifesto.
    SF’s long game remains a United ireland. If this happens they truly will be a force to be reckoned with. But this crisis has probably pushed that goal out quite a few years now. They say a week is a long time in politics, and the time since the euphoric election result has seen SF’s world turned upside down. Not their fault but it is what it is. Interesting times

I’m going to let you into a little secret...FG knew well they were going to have a bad election. The writing was on the wall. What did come as a surprise was how well SF did. They could not have had a better election. Yet, they still won’t be part of a government. And now with the current crisis, FG are coming up trumps. That has really pissed off the shinners.

Then in the next breath you claim that SF don't want to be in government.

Just fabulous nonsense being spouted here. No 'secret' about that anyhow.

No point reading past this point in your post.

Then in the next breath you claim that SF don't want to be in government.

Just fabulous nonsense being spouted here. No 'secret' about that anyhow.

No point reading past this point in your post.

Where do I say they don’t want to be in government?

Where do I say they don’t want to be in government?

They are 'running' according to you,

Calm down, wash yer hands, everybody is doing their bit.
    When it is over then the country has to be fixed.
    That will be the time to take stock.

• Advertisement

They are 'running' according to you,

Calm down, wash yer hands, everybody is doing their bit.
    When it is over then the country has to be fixed.
    That will be the time to take stock.

As I repeatedly say, the OP is ridiculous. FG are the only ones doing anything. Everyone else is running around in circles. Considering the hiding FG got in the election it’s been hilarious looking on at the other parties spinning themselves til they are dizzy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement