Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

The OP was written in a different world to be frank. Ridiculous point again.

Only one party can do the main stuff and by dint of fluke that is the caretaker party. All the rest turned up and have done their duty by the people. Nobody is 'spinning'. It is ridiculous to watch and read you trying this on.

Thats the problem with loony left wing ideology. They live in a dream where everything can be made perfect by tax and spend in a low productivity environment.

SF are already bricking it on their promises. They should have know a shock could come along.

'Save the country'???

I think we are all doing that blanch. FG like anyone else is playing their part.

A 'part' that has not been granted 'immunity' by anyone bar the fan boys and girls.

Some arent.

In Cabra for example. Probably the sort who will be crying in a few weeks that the government disnt do enough.

https://www.herald.ie/news/fk-the-coronavirus-eru-sent-in-to-clear-pub-drinkers-39053796.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

So our resident Green party supporter believes FG will save us again, I would be interested to know what evidence the poster has that shows FF or SF or any other political group in Ireland caused this crisis. Whole new level of idiocy on display here today.

Thats the problem with loony left wing ideology. They live in a dream where everything can be made perfect by tax and spend in a low productivity environment.

SF are already bricking it on their promises. They should have know a shock could come along.

FG were promising tax cuts , surely they should have seen this coming too?

So our resident Green party supporter believes FG will save us again, I would be interested to know what evidence the poster has that shows FF or SF or any other political group in Ireland caused this crisis. Whole new level of idiocy on display here today.

SF wanted to increase public spending by 25billion per year by 2025.

This promise didnt even last a month post election.

Who would let these idiots in charge of the country?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I have SLATED FG here, but of course they will offer tax cuts, what else do they have to offer? what do you want them to say to workers after years of reduced living standards for many? we are going to just increase welfare, tough ****, thanks for the cash lads?

Yes. But their plans weren't as crazy as SF.

I have criticised FG for increasing public spending by 13 billion since 2016. It was way too much.

SF and the loony left wanted FG to spend much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭mattser

Runaways wrote: »
    Do you know how many TDs were at cheltenham?

The answer might surprise you.

Can you post where you advised them not to travel....pre the races ?

SF and the loony left wanted FG to spend much more.

As FG wanted FF to do prior to the economic crash.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

mattser wrote: »
    Can you post where you advised them not to travel....pre the races ?

They’re elected representatives. We all can read the news. It’s constant on this virus.

They went anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭mattser

They’re elected representatives. We all can read the news. It’s constant on this virus.

They went anyways.

So you can't. Another ' expert ' wise after the event. Jog on lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭joeguevara

It is unfortunate that they did. Similarly as Northern Ireland did not implement the same rules we did, any Sinn Fein member who travelled from north to south can aalso have potentially brought infection. It is irrelevant now and not what needs to be focused on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Jaysis

Everyone. *everyone* was calling for it to be cancelled. You didn’t have to be a poxy expert to know it was a bad idea if going ahead. You did have to be special kind of stupid to go though. And now we see many returning are Infected.

How the fvck did that happen? I can’t even imagine.

Jaysis

Everyone. *everyone* was calling for it to be cancelled. You didn’t have to be a poxy expert to know it was a bad idea if going ahead. You did have to be special kind of stupid to go though. And now we see many returning are Infected.

How the fvck did that happen? I can’t even imagine.

What TDs went to it?

SF wanted to increase public spending by 25billion per year by 2025.

This promise didnt even last a month post election.

Who would let these idiots in charge of the country?

What do you think the expenditure is going to increase to now,with all the extra money needed to tackle coronavirus??

Id hazard a guess that FG increase in expense over the next 5 years will largly match what shinners proposed (i suspect the tax increases will be roughly similar),albeit on different things,but an increase nonetheless of several billion

Though i also think an post ww2 style marshell plan,will quite possibly be enacted by the ecb,....alot of underlying social issues (housing here etc) across EU need solving or it could lead to parties favouring break up of eu gaining traction

What do you think the expenditure is going to increase to now,with all the extra money needed to tackle coronavirus??

Id hazard a guess that FG increase in expense over the next 5 years will largly match what shinners proposed.............

Yeah but the shinners proposed "SF wanted to increase public spending by 25billion per year by 2025" in conjunction with falling income tax and no Covid19 fall out to deal with. SF spending was largely going to line wasters' pockets.

Augeo wrote: »
    Yeah but the shinners proposed "SF wanted to increase public spending by 25billion per year by 2025" in conjunction with falling income tax and no Covid19 fall out to deal with. SF spending was largely going to line wasters' pockets.

Augeo if you look at who voted, I think it was only 63% of the population. I honestly doubt, now imagine how many true wasters voted... Id say its pretty insignificant. The backlash didnt come from wasters, it came from those ****ed by housing and health primarily or those who have compassion for those effected by these areas, I had canvassers knocking at my door, elderly and they were saying the housing situation is criminal, which it is. We now have people in luxury apartments, paying FCUK all in "rent" and we have hundreds of thousands who have lost their jobs, actually vulnerable, paying for this **** show and the alternate reality many of those in social housing live in.

housing is expensive to build, I suggest that new social housing tenants pay realistic rents. Or you reduce the "quality" of apartments they are in, because having a very select few on the pigs back, paid for by others, in **** accomodation and it **** positions, is unacceptable in my opinion...

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Augeo if you look at who voted, I think it was only 63% of the population. I honestly doubt, now imagine how many true wasters voted... Id say its pretty insignificant. The backlash didnt come from wasters, it came from those ****ed by housing and health primarily or those who have compassion for those effected by these areas, I had canvassers knocking at my door, elderly and they were saying the housing situation is criminal, which it is. We now have people in luxury apartments, paying FCUK all in "rent" and we have hundreds of thousands who have lost their jobs, actually vulnerable, paying for this **** show and the alternate reality many of those in social housing live in.

housing is expensive to build, I suggest that new social housing tenants pay realistic rents. Or you reduce the "quality" of apartments they are in, because having a very select few on the pigs back, paid for by others, in **** accomodation and it **** positions, is unacceptable in my opinion...

I'm not saying wasters voted, I'm saying SF policy is largely to line the pockets of wasters. They are the loony left.

SF policy wasn't going to charge realistic rents for social housing or reduce the quality of apartments they are in.

Loads of non wasters swallow the populist horsesh1t that SF spout, but SF will never deliver any of it. SF policies are so lala that they couldn't even form a government as even the nutters wouldn't get into bed with them not to mind FG and FF.

one thing this pandemic proves, look at the action that can be taken when needs must! Now , they have been sitting on their h*les about the housing crisis & I meant to think its acceptable or hundreds of thousand of others are? they arent, hence the backlash...

they have a chance for redemption here...

Fg lost seats, due to bending over backwards for wasters, that probably dont even vote and would vote for Hitler before Fg, but they are far too spineless. It will be about throwing billions into health going forward and towards helping working people, particularly those with kids etc. this great welfare buy off days as the one trick pony are long long. Thank god!

weeks and months ago, I have been banging on about who the vulnerable actually are in this country, the ones a job loss away from E203 a week, paying mad rent etc. It sure as FCUK isnt those in social housing, with guaranteed income, medical card, free transport etc :rolleyes:

If there is another crash, FG will get the chance to overhaul the welfare state and do what they should have done the first time around!

every one pays for gp visit, E20! the gp can waive the charge if they are that concerned, they arent short of money! Get rid of free transport, get rid of free tv license, get rid of xmas bonus. I propose a several billion euro swing, to balance out the ridiculous stress and financial issues working people have V many living on another planet!

• Advertisement

So Garry Gannon and the SDs wants the Greens to prop up a FF FG arrangement.

So they want the Greens to do something they wouldn't do.

What a bunch of jokers they are.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/gary-gannon-we-want-to-present-alternatives-989125.html

So Garry Gannon and the SDs wants the Greens to prop up a FF FG arrangement.

So they want the Greens to do something they wouldn't do.

What a bunch of jokers they are.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/gary-gannon-we-want-to-present-alternatives-989125.html

as far as I am concerned, the greens should do it and government delivering dublin metro, starting 2021 as planned, is the price...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

as far as I am concerned, the greens should do it and government delivering dublin metro, starting 2021 as planned, is the price...

Where will they cut the money from to build the metro?

The greens are scared to go in as the small party. Couldn't blame them after last time.

You ain't getting Dublin metro anytime soon. Can you comprehend the economic fallout of what we/world is facing?

Where will the guy the money from to build the metro?

they can borrow money for near zero percent. No look, this coalition thing doesnt need to be that difficult. If the greens want a game changer, demand that, forget about increasing carbon tax etc for time being. its actually a stupid strategy that just caps how many seats they win. Scrap the NBP idiocy, there is 3 billion plus there!

its so typical of ireland, we move so glacially , that this broadband problem will be solved, at no cost to the irish taxpayer, before they are half way through this plan!

https://www.zdnet.com/article/new-spacex-launch-starlink-now-has-360-internet-beaming-satellites-as-us-service-nears/

I agree they should step up. Im highlighting Gannon and his mates avoiding responsibility.

I agree 100% on the metro. We need to keep capital spending going post cornavirus.

The funding is a tricky issue alright. The European investment bank could supply funding.

they can borrow money for near zero percent. No look, this coalition thing doesnt need to be that difficult. If the greens want a game changer, demand that, forget about increasing carbon tax etc for time being. its actually a stupid strategy that just caps how many seats they win. Scrap the NBP idiocy, there is 3 billion plus there!

its so typical of ireland, we move so glacially , that this broadband problem will be solved, at no cost to the irish taxpayer, before they are half way through this plan!

https://www.zdnet.com/article/new-spacex-launch-starlink-now-has-360-internet-beaming-satellites-as-us-service-nears/

Greens are afraid after last time

You ain't getting Dublin metro anytime soon. Can you comprehend the economic fallout of what we/world is facing?

We could have done it all privately.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/private-funding-could-provide-dublin-with-new-metro-by-2025-says-dublin-metro-chief-889462.html

But it would have been too unpopular. Can you imagine the left if FG let a private company build and run a metro?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/private-funding-could-provide-dublin-with-new-metro-by-2025-says-dublin-metro-chief-889462.html

But it would have been too unpopular. Can you imagine the left if FG let a private company build and run a metro?

Now that would be an entertaining thread!

• Advertisement

Do you assume that every opposition to privatisation is an exclusive leftist stance?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement