Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Runaways wrote: »
    Using public transport where can you get to and go to using the m50?

Loads of places

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

efanton wrote: »
    The insurance companies not paying out has been a issue now in the US, UK and other countries for a good few days now.

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-small-business-losses-insurance-claims-coverage-20200319.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2020/03/17/insurers-refuse-pay-virus-shutdown-claims/

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/mar/15/insurance-policies-for-uk-biggest-pub-group-do-not-cover-covid-19-coronavirus

Some insurance companies put additional clauses into their policies after the SARS outbreak similar to this
    https://northstarmutual.com/UserFiles/File/forms/policyforms/Current/CP%2001%2040%2007%2006.pdf

I guess its down to people and businesses getting out their policies and reading the fine print.
    If there's no clause there, then yes I would imagine there is a case there, especially when businesses pay extra premiums to ensure they are covered in the event they are unable to continue trading.

I guess this is the time where those that have the legal expertise to step in.
    Plenty of them in the Dail, so time for them to step forward and look out for their constituents if they can

It's actually a difficult one with insurance companies.

It feels right they should pay, but paying all could send many insurance companies bankrupt, and they too will be needed when this is, hopefully, over.

As you said it's down to the wording of the policies. Tricky area. Not all insurance companies are massive multi nationals

• Registered Users Posts: 68,824 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

So its the opposition who call the shots...right...

No wonder SF never want to be in power when they secretly run the country anyway :rolleyes:

You still struggling with how it works?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

As you said it's down to the wording of the policies. Tricky area. Not all insurance companies are massive multi nationals

I'd imagine most of underwriters are though?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Seeing ALOT of pro ffg journalist hail Pascal Donohue on the late late as the second coming of Christ. They must have been watching a different show to me because I seen absolutely nothing of substance at all from the man.just a load of meaningless soundbites. It's like Fine Gael and their buddies in the media are using the whole crisis as a second election spin cycle.everytime they open their gobs the media are falling over themselves to heap praise.it's beyond cynical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

You still struggling with how it works?

I'm not struggling at all in seeing how you think it works :D

Taking the first line from the OP:

seems FG will be very happy to just sit on their hands for 5 years. Would FG voters be happy with this, as it means all those FG votes mean nothing, and do nothing.

yet its SF are the ones fitting that bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

smurgen wrote:
    Seeing ALOT of pro ffg journalist hail Pascal Donohue on the late late as the second coming of Christ. They must have been watching a different show to me because I seen absolutely nothing of substance at all from the man.just a load of meaningless soundbites. It's like Fine Gael and their buddies in the media are using the whole crisis as a second election spin cycle.everytime they open their gobs the media are falling over themselves to heap praise.it's beyond cynical.

Its fcuking disturbing, they've no real clue of the fundamentals of economics in a deflationary period, they really need to burn their neoclassical books. oh and pascal, the uk is gonna fund their social welfare policy by opening the taps of their central bank, funnily enough, our central bank could do the exact same thing, and also funnily enough, this could just reverse this deflation, your neoclassical advisors won't tell you this, because they don't understand this!

seems FG will be very happy to just sit on their hands for 5 years. Would FG voters be happy with this, as it means all those FG votes mean nothing, and do nothing.

It's a thread about FG and right now they seem to be doing absolutely nothing.

You don't even know how to contextualise posts.

LESSONS IN GOVERNMENT Part 15 All parties when going into government understand that their duty is to remain there until a new government is formed.
    All ministers have a duty to remain in office and function as normal.

ONCE AGAIN for those down the back of the class - the OP was written in the context of FG stating they would be 'HAPPY TO SIT IN OPPOSITION FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS'.

LESSONS IN GOVERNMENT Part 15 All parties when going into government understand that their duty is to remain there until a new government is formed.

ONCE AGAIN for those down the back of the class - the OP was written in the context of FG stating they would be 'HAPPY TO SIT IN OPPOSITION FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS'.

But they are not sitting in opposition. they have the reins and are doing a great job, according to the WHO. Whereas SF are sitting on their hands as they have done as long as they have been around. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Ya, dude, but that was before the biggest global crisis in decades impacted everything.

Your keyboard ideologies aren’t working these days, my friend. No one cares.

Ya, dude, but that was before the biggest global crisis in decades impacted everything.

Your keyboard ideologies aren’t working these days, my friend. No one cares.

But they are not sitting in opposition. they have the reins and are doing a great job, according to the WHO. Whereas SF are sitting on their hands as they have done as long as they have been around. :D

Nobody I have seen has failed to give them credit for doing well.

Yet they have had lapses and failures.

And rest assured they will grow as this government try and manage their way out of this crisis.

SF are behaving as they should be as an opposition party (you know that role FG said they wanted for the next 5 years?)
    They are calling attentions to the lapses and failures. Most recently on what the insurance companies are up to.

Exactly my point.

So why is ABTM gloating about it?

Mary Lou's been on alot of shows urging people to take precautions and calling on banks to give mortgage and loan amnestys. Tell me what has leo actually achieved? He done a meaningless announcement on Paddy's Day which now looks to be completely void of any substance oh.got onto his buddies in the indo to do the usual spin job.and he rang Boris Johnson for whatever use that done.

smurgen wrote: »
    Mary Lou's been on alot of shows urging people

A real hero she is :D:D:D

Hey not all hero's wear capes as Lieo so cringely said.

Funnily enough I’d be favour of SF being part of a national government. They won’t of course. They are a party of protest, idealism, and vague threats. Very little substance to them. The refusing to call the place the Republic is another sign of their immaturity.

Time for them to put on ‘big boy pants’ and do their part for Ireland. A couple of junior ministries would do them.

Funnily enough I’d be favour of SF being part of a national government. They won’t of course. They are a party of protest, idealism, and vague threats. Very little substance to them. The refusing to call the place the Republic is another sign of their immaturity.

Time for them to put on ‘big boy pants’ and do their part for Ireland. A couple of junior ministries would do them.

Did you not hear they are busy urging people... :D

How would a 'national government' happen when the two petulant power swap parties have already closed ranks and stated loudly and clearly that 'the ball' is theirs and theirs alone?

Stop trying to rewrite recent history here Johnny!

• Advertisement

Did you not hear they are busy urging people... :D

Did wee Pascal Donohue urge the banks and lot of good it seems to have done? Fg toothless as usual :)

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/coronavirus-government-stumbles-in-efforts-to-allay-financial-fears-1.4208196

How would a 'national government' happen when the two petulant power swap parties have already closed ranks and stated loudly and clearly that 'the ball' is theirs and theirs alone?

Stop trying to rewrite recent history here Johnny!

Couldn't Mary Loo urge them? I mean she is from the FF gene pool after all.

Did wee Pascal Donohue urge the banks and lot of good it seems to have done? Fg toothless as usual :)

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/coronavirus-government-stumbles-in-efforts-to-allay-financial-fears-1.4208196

Nah, urging is Mary Loo's job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

She’s giving far more visible proactive and practical effort and advice than Leo and his sound byte speech . Let’s be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Nah, urging is Mary Loo's job.

Are you this childish in real life? Do you know how much of a simpleton this makes you seem?

You can’t make a point so you resort to that?

Couldn't Mary Loo urge them? I mean she is from the FF gene pool after all.

Keep it up AATM.

Good to see your inner child emerge. Because that is just childish schoolyard style posting.

How would a 'national government' (which I think would be exactly what the country needs now) get formed when two parties have blocked another party from government?

Wouldn't we need to hear them climb down from the high moral ground first?

Runaways wrote: »
    She’s giving far more visible proactive and practical effort and advice than Leo and his sound byte speech . Let’s be honest.

Why, what has she actually done?

Keep it up AATM.

Good to see your inner child emerge. Because that is just childish schoolyard style posting.

How would a 'national government' (which I think would be exactly what the country needs now) get formed when two parties have blocked another party from government?

Wouldn't we need to hear them climb down from the high moral ground first?

How have FG & FF blocked SF from government?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭J_1980

Similar to all over the world (australia, Germany, uk, usa etc.) it’s centre right governments with a solid response because they know they can throw money at the issue because they ran the economy in a stable way.

Its the populist left/ centre left being totally clueless (Spain, italy, france) because they’re incapable of running an economy, only good at spending other people’s money. But that is running out quicker than face masks in Wuhan.

Left politics = always, unequivocally FAILURE

Loving this :)

• Advertisement

How have FG & FF blocked SF from government?

You understand what a 'national government' is?

You understand what it means when you say 'you will not go into government with X'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement