Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Jizique

smurgen wrote: »
    That would need a government that doesn't ask and urge. It would mean a government with actually negotiating skills and teeth.

Sounds like the UKIP strategy for negotiations with the EU

Runaways wrote: »
    There are over 300,000 people renting in Ireland.

FG have basically left us to go fvck cos theyre too busy protecting their base ie the landlords and themselves and won’t give us the same protection or backing.

If you really think that’s not going to affect them in the next election you really really are delusional.

FF are surely the landlord party - isn’t Willie ODea chairman of a listed property company and isn’t Troy involved in a bunch of developments; and these are just the two I noticed in the paper this week.
    The Healy Rae clan (FF genes) must be the largest property owner in Kerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

FG have basically left us to go fvck cos theyre too busy protecting their base ie the landlords and themselves and won’t give us the same protection or backing.

If you really think that’s not going to affect them in the next election you really really are delusional.

If anyone is getting f**ked it is the landlord, over the course of the FG government the landlord/landlady has slowly had all control shifted from them to the tenant

So not sure what your crying about

The reason so few properties to rent is because the government screwed the landlord and they sold up. The landlord sold up because of waster tenants and having no pwoer to get rid of them

Then the renting community complain about XYZ. In reality all the problems the renting in this country lead back to one group, tenants. Not all of them but the s**t one are the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I would argue that after all this dies down FG will be left with alot of explaining to do. Seem like alot of the crisis that we faced in the past could have been alleviate with some proper governance and decisive action.

Not sure what the point of this is, Im sure every city in the World has loads of airBnb and hotels etc vacant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

I'm sure there'll be plenty more trying to cheat their way out of responsibility that will take the likes of SF and other fearless deputies to call out, while Leo reads out Hollywood style speeches he gets written for him.

Maybe Francie, but it's still interesting to observe how the news cycle changes and what was the hot topic a few weeks ago has just slipped into oblivion. I'd imagine that SF must be slightly concerned in terms of electoral strategy that they've slipped under the waves and off the front & back pages for the moment. To some extent, you're only as good as your last weeks news items. Changes for us all, if we hopefully survive all this and changes for the parties too..

• Advertisement

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Maybe Francie, but it's still interesting to observe how the news cycle changes and what was the hot topic a few weeks ago has just slipped into oblivion. I'd imagine that SF must be slightly concerned in terms of electoral strategy that they've slipped under the waves and off the front & back pages for the moment. To some extent, you're only as good as your last weeks news items. Changes for us all, if we hopefully survive all this and changes for the parties too..

Pearse back on the radio after a break looking for more free money for everyone - €500 per week per person!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

BarryD2 wrote: »

Don't worry they will come up with some stunt to get back in the papers. Remember Mary Loo 'self-isolating' for 24 hours? That sort of thing.
    (SF must be absolutely raging at the timing)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Jizique wrote: »
    Pearse back on the radio after a break looking for more free money for everyone - €500 per week per person!

The Tories are giving workers 80% of their wages up to £2500 a month.

But of course the UK has its own currency. So helicopter money is an option.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter_money

Jizique wrote: »

Of course he is. The handout party looking for more handouts. Its what they do best.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The Tories are giving workers 80% of their wages up to £2500 a month.

But of course the UK has its own currency. So helicopter money is an option.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter_money

helicopter money is also an option here, theres nothing stopping our own central banks from creating this money

• Advertisement

Early days yet but it's certain that rents will be bailed out

All western governments will be doing it.

But all bailouts have to be paid back.

Just ask Greece.

So in long term when the crisis is over expect Irish people to head to the US, Canada,Auz etc. They have their own currency so they will be able to recover much quicker.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    helicopter money is also an option here, theres nothing stopping our own central banks from creating this money

Apart from the Germans crushing us.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Apart from the Germans crushing us.

nonsense, European central banks have the ability to create this money, but they probably wont, resulting in the usual approach of qe and rate reduction

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Not sure what the point of this is, Im sure every city in the World has loads of airBnb and hotels etc vacant.

The simple world of Smurgen:

Everything bad - incompetent government.
    Everything good - sheer luck, good fortune, or just doing what others are doing.

Utopia: Mary Lou as Taoiseach, Pearse Doherty as Minister of Finance, Louise ‘Howya’ O’Reilly as Minister of Health.

Where’s the money going to come from - who knows? Something about FFG.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Doherty making the point well, FG need to be careful this time when bailing people out.

I'd agree with him, they are not very good at it.

FG should stand aside in their own interests as the last time they tried to recover from a crash they destroyed their own party's vote share.

Maybe FG's supporters on here should intervene and protect FG from themselves?

Doherty making the point well, FG need to be careful this time when bailing people out.

I'd agree with him, they are not very good at it.

FG should stand aside in their own interests as the last time they tried to recover from a crash they destroyed their own party's vote share.

Maybe FG's supporters on here should intervene and protect FG from themselves?

What’s the SF position. Did Pearce talk about that. Is the detail published anywhere so we can have a hawk?

Otherwise it’s classic SF hurler on the ditch stuff. People are starting to just ignore them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭mengele

I think fine Gael are doing an excellent job at the moment with what's going on. Its lucky that they have some money in the pot from brexit and didn't blow it all like finna fail or Sinn Fein would have done.

Coveney, Harris and Pascal Donohue doing a super job at the moment.

What’s the SF position. Did Pearce talk about that. Is the detail published anywhere so we can have a hawk?

Otherwise it’s classic SF hurler on the ditch stuff. People are starting to just ignore them now.

SF's position is that they would prefer FG not to be in government.

I thought that was pretty clear.

Well, suck.it.up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

You don’t live in Dublin but your discussing a road in Dublin

Which you clearly have no idea about the traffic on it by the post I have quoted, still you seem to suggest other people are missing the point

I will mention one thing and leave you

Dublin City Centre has banned heavy commercials

Just because I currently do not live in Dublin, does not mean I never lived in Dublin.

I lived and worked I Dublin for 12 years, but had the good sense to get out of it before the crash. I was a It consultant and that demanded being on the road visiting clients 2 or 3 days a week, so over those 12 year I probably drove down almost every road in Dublin, ad visited ever County Council office and hospital in the country. So yes I think I would be reasonably qualified to understand traffic problems in Dublin and the lack of fast and frequent public transport. Not much has changed significantly bar the LUAS and some bus routes and some improvements to the M50 and its interchanges.

MOST commercial traffic is NOT heavy good vehicles, its mostly vans and company reps. I was one of them and I wasn't paying for tolls out of my own pocket, to have to wait to claim that back at the end of the month unless I had to. Most of them will deliberately avoid using the M50 because of the tolls if that is possible. HGV's are still using the N11 and East Link to go across Dublin I believe rather than go round the M50. The HGV ban from 7am to 7pm was a great idea but still allows hauliers to avoid using the M50 if they time their shipments right.
    So yes dropping the Tolls would dramatically improve the traffic situation in the city.

• Advertisement

No, I meant about Pearse offering advice on how to handle the economy during this unprecedented global crisis. What would SF do different? Have they this published anywhere or is it just Pearse doing ‘Populism by Numbers’ on the radio again?

He’s an alright sort is Pearse, but wouldn’t be the sharpest knife in the block.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

If anyone is getting f**ked it is the landlord, over the course of the FG government the landlord/landlady has slowly had all control shifted from them to the tenant

So not sure what your crying about

The reason so few properties to rent is because the government screwed the landlord and they sold up. The landlord sold up because of waster tenants and having no pwoer to get rid of them

Then the renting community complain about XYZ. In reality all the problems the renting in this country lead back to one group, tenants. Not all of them but the s**t one are the problem

300,000 renters are all wasters?

A Fine Gael voter takes the mask off ladies and gents.

No, I meant about Pearse offering advice on how to handle the economy during this unprecedented global crisis. What would SF do different? Have they this published anywhere or is it just Pearse doing ‘Populism by Numbers’ on the radio again?

He’s an alright sort is Pearse, but wouldn’t be the sharpest knife in the block.

Hardly a policy document when we don't know what the crisis will involve.

Protection of the ordinary citizen over and above the vested interests of bankers, pariahs and elites, would be a fairly consistent SF policy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Of course he is. The handout party looking for more handouts. Its what they do best.

Major economists all over the world are recommending this. Singapore has started it and the US and Australia are looking to do it.you fine Gaelers are clueless.just good for meaningless slurs.if only people could pay bills with meaningless slurs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

You can see from this thread that fg and their supporters look down on people they feel are beneath them. Homeless people, the working poor, ordinary renters, those who are unfortunate to be unemployed. This has always been their way, their bloodline comes from greedy landlords during the 'famine' and those who stored food while other starved to death.

If you were to hold Harris and Eoghan Murphy to the same standard you are Pearse you'd be screaming for them to be removed immediately.

The simple world of Smurgen:

Everything bad - incompetent government.
    Everything good - sheer luck, good fortune, or just doing what others are doing.

Utopia: Mary Lou as Taoiseach, Pearse Doherty as Minister of Finance, Louise ‘Howya’ O’Reilly as Minister of Health.

Where’s the money going to come from - who knows? Something about FFG.

Never said utopia but pragmatic. And it's good to see FG enacted some of the policies they called for after public opinion forced their hand.if they can't stand the heat maybe they should think of other careers. Mind you I don't think any of them would cut it in the real world.especially with the recession we're facing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Major economists all over the world are recommending this. Singapore has started it and the US and Australia are looking to do it.you fine Gaelers are clueless.just good for meaningless slurs.if only people could pay bills with meaningless slurs.

The effin US government under trumps command are going to be bailing out the ordinary American ffs

somehow the concept which is utterly anathema to that entire country is now the practice.

And yeah most economists are saying it is the only sensible way forward for economic systems and people to survive.

You don’t have one without the other.

Something these clueless Fg clowns don’t seem to realize yet.

The effin US government under trumps command are going to be bailing out the ordinary American ffs

somehow the concept which is utterly anathema to that entire country is now the practice.

And yeah most economists are saying it is the only sensible way forward for economic systems and people to survive.

where do you think the money comes from to bail everyone out?

• Advertisement

Exactly this. And when it eventually happens because they're forced to do it by public sentiment and other parties the Finnerbots will claim they were in favour all along.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement