Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Nothing like an pandemic to hide a few reports mind.

https://twitter.com/paulodonoghue93/status/1241326365292539905?s=19

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

where do you think the money comes from to bail everyone out?

You can’t spell Mary lou correctly, so forgive me I doubt the practice of helicopter money and quantitative easing is within your grasp. Especially within an unprecedented threat to society and our species.

No species? No economy. Better save the first to save the other. Basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭J_1980

smurgen wrote: »
    Major economists all over the world are recommending this. Singapore has started it and the US and Australia are looking to do it.you fine Gaelers are clueless.just good for meaningless slurs.if only people could pay bills with meaningless slurs.

Where is the us or oz paying money to citizens?
    Talk is about a one off payment, not a permanent thing.

Usual lefty nonsense. Corbyn LOST, Bernie LOST, every lefty country going to the garbage bin.
    It’s over you LOST.

J_1980 wrote: »
    Where is the us or oz paying money to citizens?
    Talk is about a one off payment, not a permanent thing.

Usual lefty nonsense. Corbyn LOST, Bernie LOST, every lefty country going to the garbage bin.
    It’s over you LOST.

A payment is a payment. Once off or otherwise.
    Oh and Fine Gael is another one you can add to your lost list there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

efanton wrote: »
    Just because I currently do not live in Dublin, does not mean I never lived in Dublin.

I lived and worked I Dublin for 12 years, but had the good sense to get out of it before the crash. I was a It consultant and that demanded being on the road visiting clients 2 or 3 days a week, so over those 12 year I probably drove down almost every road in Dublin, ad visited ever County Council office and hospital in the country. So yes I think I would be reasonably qualified to understand traffic problems in Dublin and the lack of fast and frequent public transport. Not much has changed significantly bar the LUAS and some bus routes and some improvements to the M50 and its interchanges.

MOST commercial traffic is NOT heavy good vehicles, its mostly vans and company reps. I was one of them and I wasn't paying for tolls out of my own pocket, to have to wait to claim that back at the end of the month unless I had to. Most of them will deliberately avoid using the M50 because of the tolls if that is possible. HGV's are still using the N11 and East Link to go across Dublin I believe rather than go round the M50. The HGV ban from 7am to 7pm was a great idea but still allows hauliers to avoid using the M50 if they time their shipments right.
    So yes dropping the Tolls would dramatically improve the traffic situation in the city.

Well that was a great story

The rest of us that work on the road stock up our tolls till end of year and then claim for Christmas bonus :-)

I do like the constant changing the goal posts when you post something indirectly yet again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭J_1980

FG are pseudo right wing.
    Promising tax cuts, and then it’s just dole increases.
    Boris and Trump will lead the way in the next decade. The rest can follow or become irrelevant :)

https://www.mediaite.com/news/poll-55-approve-of-trump-coronavirus-response-despite-high-profile-snafus/

Highest approval rating ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

J_1980 wrote: »
    FG are pseudo right wing.
    Promising tax cuts, and then it’s just dole increases.
    Boris and Trump will lead the way in the next decade. The rest can follow or become irrelevant :)

https://www.mediaite.com/news/poll-55-approve-of-trump-coronavirus-response-despite-high-profile-snafus/

Highest approval rating ever :)

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

hhahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahah

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

hhahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahah

He’s something else right?

Too funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Runaways wrote: »
    You can’t spell Mary lou correctly, so forgive me I doubt the practice of helicopter money and quantitative easing is within your grasp. Especially within an unprecedented threat to society and our species.

No species? No economy. Better save the first to save the other. Basically.

hook line and sinker!

a shinner claiming that anyone else doesn't know about economics :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

what did they lose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Well that was a great story

The rest of us that work on the road stock up our tolls till end of year and then claim for Christmas bonus :-)

I do like the constant changing the goal posts when you post something indirectly yet again

I'm not moving any goal post at all. But you are evading.

Simply put remove the tolls for the M50 and more traffic would use it.
    You agreed to that.

That then reduces traffic in the city which then allows for quicker more frequent public transport.
    There will be a tipping point where those that currently use cars will realise they can get to where the want to go quicker by public transport, and make the switch from personal transport to public transport.

So why is removing tolls a bad idea?

And why was it ever a good idea to have public/private infrastructure schemes owned or partly owned by private companies?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You mean like the payment of €205 a week? That is a payment?

Or is it only a payment if it is a payment proposed by Sinn Fein?

Seriously lads, stop digging.

You agreed to that.

That then reduces traffic in the city which then allows for quicker more frequent public transport.
    There will be a tipping point where those that currently use cars will realise they can get to where the want to go quicker by public transport, and make the switch from personal transport to public transport.

And why was it ever a good idea to have public/private infrastructure schemes owned or partly owned by private companies?

Removing tolls is a very bad idea because they act as demand management. If a toll made no difference to the number of people travelling, nobody would complain about it. It is ironic, but the fact that people give out about a toll means that there are people who do not travel by private car because of it. If the toll was one cent, nobody would care about it, and the M50 would be impassable most of the day.

SF's position is that they would prefer FG not to be in government.

I thought that was pretty clear.

Yeah, we got that, but then they gave out about Fine Gael not talking to them. You couldn't make it up. Hapless clowns is the nicest thing you can say about Sinn Fein since the election.

Jizique wrote: »
    FF are surely the landlord party - isn’t Willie ODea chairman of a listed property company and isn’t Troy involved in a bunch of developments; and these are just the two I noticed in the paper this week.
    The Healy Rae clan (FF genes) must be the largest property owner in Kerry

Nah, the Sinn Fein party HQ owns more properties than any TD.

blanch152 wrote: »
    You mean like the payment of €205 a week? That is a payment?

Or is it only a payment if it is a payment proposed by Sinn Fein?

Seriously lads, stop digging.

You're alive? What are you talking about digging? It's FG and their zombie/paid spin unit that's in trouble.

The simple world of Smurgen:

Everything bad - incompetent government.
    Everything good - sheer luck, good fortune, or just doing what others are doing.

Utopia: Mary Lou as Taoiseach, Pearse Doherty as Minister of Finance, Louise ‘Howya’ O’Reilly as Minister of Health.

Where’s the money going to come from - who knows? Something about FFG.

To be fair, it isn't just Smurgen, it is a constant theme across all social media.

Wonder how they manage to get it so consistent.

To be fair, it isn't just Smurgen, it is a constant theme across all social media.

You dissapeared along with the rest of FFG for the first three weeks after the election.did ye do focus group sessions? Bit of brainstorming to get the script together? Or was it call up RTE,indo and the other paid mouthpieces?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Yeah, we got that, but then they gave out about Fine Gael not talking to them. You couldn't make it up. Hapless clowns is the nicest thing you can say about Sinn Fein since the election.

SF didn't require a pandemic to arrest their continuing fall in the polls.

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything. People are pointing out what's wrong with the government policy any people like yourself are throwing out slurs non stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Jizique

Nah, the Sinn Fein party HQ owns more properties than any TD.

SF don’t have to pay any rent then; nobody would pay rent if SF got in - isn’t there a 50% evasion of local authority rents in the country already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

SF don’t have to pay any rent then; nobody would pay rent if SF got in - isn’t there a 50% evasion of local authority rents in the country already

50% evasion, is there any links to back up your claim?

You agreed to that.

How am I evading, you mention commercial in Dublin whicg is wrong, you then decide commercial is not what the rest of the World calls it, just your own version of commercial. That is bulls**t. Problem for you is I actually work on the road, so I know your talking rubbish.

When do you see this tipping point?

1990 when M50 was been build, circa 800k cars in Ireland. Today over 2 million and growing.

You read somewhere about the M50 toll, got it wrong first the government didnt own it and keep getting it wrong. When called on it you come up with some story that makes no sense. You should have cut your loss at the government not owning it....its only gone downhills since then

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything. People are pointing out what's wrong with the government policy any people like yourself are throwing out slurs non stop.

Problem is that its not the truth.

SF are very good at little videos and facebook message which they plaster everywhere that when you look into it they are complete BS....

It is standard SF, post on facebook, comes into any local area group. Within 4-5 posts you see people all agreeing with it and saying it is true.,.....

Then you check 3-4 other groups and its the same video with the same posters agreeing with it. Then people watching it actually believe the BS in it.

Its also never about any good SF are doing. IT is just about XYZ done this, ABC done that. I have seen it in one other country, America. TV advert comes on, local politician, doesnt mention one good thing they will do, just goes on about how sh*t opposition is.

SF are good at, the gulliable lap it up.

SF don’t have to pay any rent then; nobody would pay rent if SF got in - isn’t there a 50% evasion of local authority rents in the country already[/QUOTE]

There certainly is. And has been for over 10 years.
    Something the FG government did nothing about, nor FF before them.

There's also clauses in rental agreements the allow for eviction of those tenants that are involved in serious antisocial behaviour. Yet again the government do nothing.

SF are very good at little videos and facebook message which they plaster everywhere that when you look into it they are complete BS....

It is standard SF, post on facebook, comes into any local area group. Within 4-5 posts you see people all agreeing with it and saying it is true.,.....

Then you check 3-4 other groups and its the same video with the same posters agreeing with it. Then people watching it actually believe the BS in it.

Its also never about any good SF are doing. IT is just about XYZ done this, ABC done that. I have seen it in one other country, America. TV advert comes on, local politician, doesnt mention one good thing they will do, just goes on about how sh*t opposition is.

How many vids did FG have to take down during the election campaign?

So now you are complaining that SF are better at communicating and using social media to get their message out, yet FG with their Communications Unit and a entire government department and government press office at their disposal cant. Surely you are not suggesting that SF are more competent at communicating and FG are incompetent when it comes to getting their message across.

You see part of the problem is people visit sites like this or social media and instead of seeing FG or their supporters using facts and figure and rational arguments to support what they are saying, all they see is slurs and soundbites with very little to back it up.

I wonder why people take more notice of what opposition parties might have to say rather than the soundbites and deflections that FG and its supporter put out.

Why not disposes of using deflection and constant slurs and argue your case with actual facts, criticise opposition policies or opinions with the reason why they might be bad with a solid factual explanation. You never know you might actually persuade someone to change their view. If all you are going to do is resort to cat calling or insults no one is going to listen to you or take you seriously.

Worst of all is belittling people by telling them they don't understand economics. The best economists in the country are housewife's who have to perform miracles with the little money they have at their disposal

How many vids did FG have to take down during the election campaign?

No idea

I don’t supportFG

So now you are complaining that SF are better at communicating and using social media to get their message out, yet FG with their Communications Unit and a entire government department and government press office at their disposal cant. Surely you are not suggesting that SF are more competent at communicating and FG are incompetent when it comes to getting their message across.

You see part of the problem is people visit sites like this or social media and instead of seeing FG or their supporters using facts and figure and rational arguments to support what they are saying, all they see is slurs and soundbites with very little to back it up.

I wonder why people take more notice of what opposition parties might have to say rather than the soundbites and deflections that FG and its supporter put out.

Why not disposes of using deflection and constant slurs and argue your case with actual facts, criticise opposition policies or opinions with the reason why they might be bad with a solid factual explanation. You never know you might actually persuade someone to change their view. If all you are going to do is resort to cat calling or insults no one is going to listen to you or take you seriously.

Worst of all is belittling people by telling them they don't understand economics. The best economists in the country are housewife's who have to perform miracles with the little money they have at their disposal

At least you have given up on m50

Why was I complaining? It’s called explaining, good on them. Trump done the same in US and still doing it now, just watch the video about Corvid 19 and he disregarded it and now it says he knew all along it was serious. People lapping it up, SF the exact same, people lapping it up

Just the SF supporters seem to think nobody can stop the BS, unfortunately people can

• Advertisement

No idea

I don’t supportFG

Yea sure.

But did it even dawn on you when 'analysing' SF to have a look/comparison with others?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement