Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

Jizique wrote: »
    SF don’t have to pay any rent then; nobody would pay rent if SF got in - isn’t there a 50% evasion of local authority rents in the country already

S.F. are the willing toe-rags of every English shops' conglomerates that operate in this country; their plan at present though is to ensure that their 'Selected' progeny get second-third diplomas; and S.F. will ascend to their hierarchial nazi-Supremacist place of being Over-Lords.

meanwhile, they cynically utilise the 'non-select' poor as votes. merely.

the FFG contingents of schizos are a problem in all of this - as they have both funded to votes of social and private.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

The poster claimed 50% evasion in local authority housing in the country. Since they haven't replied I can assume they are spouting crap like so many here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

The shinners have never been so triggered. Can’t blame them really. Only those muppets could turn an election result like that into such an own-goal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    At least you have given up on m50

Why was I complaining? It’s called explaining, good on them. Trump done the same in US and still doing it now, just watch the video about Corvid 19 and he disregarded it and now it says he knew all along it was serious. People lapping it up, SF the exact same, people lapping it up

Just the SF supporters seem to think nobody can stop the BS, unfortunately people can

I'm sure that might have meant something to you, but it makes no grammatical sense whatsoever

Given up on the M50?
    Why was I complaining? It’s called explaining, good on them
    ?

What has Trump got to do with anything?
    Just the SF supporters seem to think nobody can stop the BS, unfortunately people can
    What BS cant be stopped?

• Advertisement

The poster claimed 50% evasion in local authority housing in the country. Since they haven't replied I can assume they are spouting crap like so many here.

50 percent non payment in any area is too much, I assume you would agree?

The claim was 50% of ALL local authority housing . A bs claim.
    Btw you do understand the difference between arrears and evasion I hope?.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The shinners have never been so triggered. Can’t blame them really. Only those muppets could turn an election result like that into such an own-goal :D

Is this meant to mean something? The quality of your posts have been shocking lately.

The claim was 50% of ALL local authority housing . A bs claim.
    Btw you do understand the difference between arrears and evasion I hope?.

Yes, I understand.
    Do you think 50 percent non payment is ok?

I think everyone would agree.

But FG have had 10 years to do something about it, and how many have been evicted or threatened with with eviction?

Yet in Dublin its nor the poorest that dont pay their rent it is those that that earn the most and have council tenancies.

Rose Kenny executive manager of the council’s housing department said
    The lower-income households account for the smallest percentage of the arrears,” Rose Kenny executive manager of the council’s housing department said. “When you take €800-plus as something we would call a high income, and that includes subsidiary earners in a household, they account for over 44 per cent of the outstanding arrears.”

The 25 tenants who have allowed their debts to exceed €27,000 were in this higher-earning bracket, she said.”
    Here she is talking about €800 a week not a month

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/top-earning-city-council-tenants-most-likely-to-default-on-rent-1.4106254

• Advertisement

Yes, I understand.
    Do you think 50 percent non payment is ok?

The poster i replied to claimed there was 50% evasion in rent throughout LA housing in the country , you are claiming it's 50% in DCC even your link contradicts you. Evasion and Arrears are not the same thing. If either of those words are difficult for you to understand you can Google their meaning.

The poster i replied to claimed there was 50% evasion in rent throughout LA housing in the country , you are claiming it's 50% in DCC even your link contradicts you. Evasion and Arrears are not the same thing. If either of those words are difficult for you to understand you can Google their meaning.

If you don't want to answer or some might say evade the question that's fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    nonsense, European central banks have the ability to create this money, but they probably wont, resulting in the usual approach of qe and rate reduction

They probably will to some extent anyway to help pay for all this. But of course that will also diminish the value of rainy day savings that prudent people put aside exactly for situations like this..

If you don't want to answer or some might say evade the question that's fine

I have no intention of answering what is patently a stupid question.
    I do suggest though you read your own link, probably should have been your first action instead of the 50% evasion crap.

efanton wrote: »

But FG have had 10 years to do something about it, and how many have been evicted or threatened with with eviction?

Yet in Dublin its nor the poorest that dont pay their rent it is those that that earn the most and have council tenancies.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/top-earning-city-council-tenants-most-likely-to-default-on-rent-1.4106254

Just to be clear I wasn't poor bashing merely trying to help with a link.

Why do council's get away with everything? Why are things always the governments fault?

Just to be clear I wasn't poor bashing merely trying to help with a link.

Why do council's get away with everything? Why are things always the governments fault?

Because government can change legislation and the law.
    Any prosecution that the county council might proceed with has to go through the department of justice.

I don't doubt that some county councils are being lazy. But if you think about it, if you evict a council tenant who is responsible for housing them? They will probably have to house these people in emergency accommodation which will cost them even more.

I would imagine the sensible way to do this would be to change the law so that arrears can be automatically deducted from wage packets or social welfare payments. Probably not the most popular thing for any government to be doing which is why no government has ever tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Maybe I’m wrong, but I think you have misunderstood this. The article that you have quoted does say the highest earners are the ones in default. But, as far as I can see and maybe I’m incorrect ( as the article is behind a pay wall} it is the top earners who qualify for social housing council tenancy which is 42k a yea joint income. That’s not top earners that you were talking about is it?

joeguevara wrote: »
    Maybe I’m wrong, but I think you have misunderstood this. The article that you have quoted does say the highest earners are the ones in default. But, as far as I can see and maybe I’m incorrect ( as the article is behind a pay wall} it is the top earners who qualify for social housing council tenancy which is 42k a yea joint income. That’s not top earners that you were talking about is it?

it is behind a pay wall which is exactly why I posted the quotes

“When you take €800-plus as something we would call a high income"
    By top earners the lady was referring to the top earners who ALSO had a council tenancy.

So yes what she classifies as top earners is joint incomes of €42k a year or more.

the point is though those that earn most seem to be the ones that are most likely to default on payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I'm sure that might have meant something to you, but it makes no grammatical sense whatsoever

Given up on the M50?

?

What has Trump got to do with anything?

What BS cant be stopped?

I see, a Trump supporter :P

Yea sure.

But did it even dawn on you when 'analysing' SF to have a look/comparison with others?

Funny, I have been accused now of FF, Green and now FG supporter

All accusations by SF supporters while rolling out tripe and thinking noone would call it out. Or you one of the SF supporters that isnt a supporter but is a supporters on boards :p

• Advertisement

I see, a Trump supporter :P

Me a trump supporter. not a hope.
    The man is a complete idiot.

You still haven't managed to make you previous post intelligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

@ efanton.

is it unfair to charge such different amounts for council houses that are exactly the same. If it is a family house and a young adult has a good job (however long that might last) that young adult might be saving for a deposit for their own place.

i.e., actual the actual council house itself is the same as the actual other council houses?

Or, are these evictions, connected to council houses, where a householder is taking in others (not family members) to live.

@ efanton.

is it unfair to charge such different amounts for council houses that are exactly the same. If it is a family house and a young adult has a good job (however long that might last) that young adult might be saving for a deposit for their own place.

i.e., actual the actual council house itself is the same as the actual other council houses?

Or, are these evictions, connected to council houses, where a householder is taking in others (not family members) to live.

AS far as I am aware council rents are based on a sliding scale dependent on income, be that from social welfare benefit or earnings.

Do I think it is unfair for different people to pay different rents based on income, NO.

Those fortunate enough to be working and have a council tenancy are paying SIGNIFICANTLY less (hundreds of euro a month) than they would if they were renting privately. They were not forced to take the council tenancy, but only a fool wouldn't , and there's hundreds of others on waiting lists that would give their eye teeth to have the same opportunity.

The young adult you talk off probably couldn't even afford to save while renting in the private sector, so I miss the point of you using that example.
    That house with a young adult who is working is most likely paying less than €300 a month to the council rather than €900+ that the same young adult would be paying in the private sector.

I do not understand what you mean by

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

hook line and sinker!

a shinner claiming that anyone else doesn't know about economics :D

President McWilliams here is about to explain everything to us folks.

Strap in. He has trouble spelling three letter words and names but he assured us he has the answers.

Let’s go.

You still haven't managed to make you previous post intelligible.

Coming from someone who came up with this nugget thats a compliment

MOST commercial traffic is NOT heavy good vehicles, its mostly vans and company reps.

:P:P:P:P:P:P
    P.S you need to buy a new keyboards, the caps lock button is fu*ked on yours

Coming from someone who came up with this nugget thats a compliment

:P:P:P:P:P:P
    P.S you need to buy a new keyboards, the caps lock button is fu*ked on yours

And exactly what was wrong with that.

A commercial vehicle is any vehicle owned by a company. That could be a HGV, a van a car.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commercial_vehicle

Maybe you should buy a dictionary

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

If any of the regular ordinary fine gael (ahaha) voters here can detail any one thing they’ve done that’s beneficial to them in their lives or any ordinary citizen in the past even 3 years I’d love to hear it. Enlighten us oh godlings

We all want to hear it. What have they actually done.
    Swear I won’t bring up them inconvenient 10,000,homeless people due to bank repossessions.
    I swear.

Go for it.

Runaways wrote: »
    If any of the regular ordinary fine gael (ahaha) voters here can detail any one thing they’ve done that’s beneficial to them in their lives or any ordinary citizen in the past even 3 years I’d love to hear it. Enlighten us oh godlings

We all want to hear it. What have they actually done.
    Swear I won’t bring up them inconvenient 10,000,homeless people due to bank repossessions.
    I swear.

Go for it.

oh my god, now you have done it, we are going to have hundreds of replies of people putting a euro in a charity box :D

But to be fair, whats your point? many rich people are generous with their time and money when it comes to charity and community organisations. Many more are not. Similarly that goes for all income levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Funny, I have been accused now of FF, Green and now FG supporter

All accusations by SF supporters while rolling out tripe and thinking noone would call it out. Or you one of the SF supporters that isnt a supporter but is a supporters on boards :p

Ha ha, somebody who has been found out to be woefully under researched is going on about others 'talking tripe'. :):)

• Advertisement

And exactly what was wrong with that.

A commercial vehicle is any vehicle owned by a company. That could be a HGV, a van a car.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commercial_vehicle

Maybe you should buy a dictionary

Let review
    The M50 is designed to carry heavy vehicles, many of the roads in the city were never designed to carry heavy vehicles which is why they are constantly being repaired and resurfaced.

This of course was after your little nugget about the government not owning the toll

Why not just admit you haven’t a clue what your talking about? The bit about the IT consultant was pure bulls**t as well....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement