Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Runaways wrote: »
    If any of the regular ordinary fine gael (ahaha) voters here can detail any one thing they’ve done that’s beneficial to them in their lives or any ordinary citizen in the past even 3 years I’d love to hear it. Enlighten us oh godlings

We all want to hear it. What have they actually done.
    Swear I won’t bring up them inconvenient 10,000,homeless people due to bank repossessions.
    I swear.

Go for it.

10,000 people homeless due to repossessions. Now you are just making stuff up. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Ha ha, somebody who has been found out to be woefully under researched is going on about others 'talking tripe'. :):)

Yes it seems everyone bar SF supporters are under researched...funny that

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Shefwedfan wrote: »

You were in this instance...and no amount of arrogantly looking down your nose is going to change that.

If any of the regular ordinary fine gael (ahaha) voters here can detail any one thing they’ve done that’s beneficial to them in their lives or any ordinary citizen in the past even 3 years I’d love to hear it. Enlighten us oh godlings

Swear I won’t bring up them inconvenient 10,000,homeless people due to bank repossessions.
    I swear.

Go for it.

You swear...well that’s all we need

Link to this data please?

Pleas note one of the reasons our mortgage rates are so high is because the banks can’t throw out no paying people so it’s very rare they do get evicted, so data would be good

• Registered Users Posts: 15,956 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

TBH nobody gives a flying Fk at the moment.

Those in caretaker mode are playing a blinder not matter who you support.

We are all in this together right.

• Advertisement

That’s what I thought...seemingly not....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Not looking down my nose

Just pointing out that SF supporters on here constantly accuse everyone else of been wrong and lack of information

Doesn’t matter what party, so it seems only SF supporters know the facts and truth

This is the truth they get from a party that supported murderers, beatings etc, still to this day hide the whereabouts of murder victims, hide and protect child molesters and even the Current party has people who think it’s ok to rob off charities

Its quite simple really. If you use a 'fact' you support it with a link or evidence.
    If you cant provide facts or evidence then its not a fact its just heresay or your own opinion.

You have just made four different and very serious allegations and not provided a single fact (not opinion) to support them.

Put up or shut up as they say.

efanton wrote: »
    Its quite simple really. If you use a 'fact' you support it with a link or evidence.
    If you cant provide facts or evidence then its not a fact its just heresay or your own opinion.

You have just made four different and very serious allegations and not provided a single fact (not opinion) to support them.

Put up or shut up as they say.

Same facts you posted when the irish government didn’t own the m50?

Seems one rule for you but another for someone else?? :-)

PS are you denying, well let’s take one, Sinn Fein hide and protected a child Molestor?

I will give you a few mins to google

That’s what I thought...seemingly not....

I think you will find that everyone is hoping the government handle this crisis well. They started off very well, of that there is no doubt.

Legislation was rushed through in record time with full support of all parties so I dont think there could be any doubt that every party wants to support the government when they can.

But as the crisis deepens more difficult decisions will need to be made.

Even FG supporters have been critical of Paschal O'Donohues half hearted solution for supporting those that have lost their jobs. It might work if the crisis was only going to last a few weeks but everyone knows it going to last a lot longer than that.

His solution doesn't help those that have to pay more than €1000 a month in rent or mortgage payments, it doesn't keep businesses solvent while they cant trade so a huge number of those businesses and jobs simply will not exist for people to go back to, and the deal with the banks to last 3 months simply will not be long enough. At that point chaos will ensue, and I personally cant see the banks or landlords agreeing to months more of non-payment.

So yes the existing government played a blinder up to the beginning of this week, but now its getting more sketchy. I sincerely hope things do go well and the government does make the right decisions.

The problem now is we have a government that does not have the majority it needs. In three months time, if not sooner, bigger problems will arise and the solutions that FG might want to put forward might not be supported by FF and the other parties. I cant understand why FG and FF are still sitting on their hands and not getting a deal done to form a new government. The telephones and video conferencing still works. If they cant form a government the they should be honest about it. Keep the existing government in place but call for an election at the first opportunity where its safe to do so being that we cant have crowds of people going into a polling station or candidates canvassing at the door at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Do you want the actual breakdown?

It’s not going to go the way you’d think if you do

• Advertisement

You swear...well that’s all we need

Link to this data please?

Pleas note one of the reasons our mortgage rates are so high is because the banks can’t throw out no paying people so it’s very rare they do get evicted, so data would be good

Are you sure about that? Really?

Are you sure about that? Really?

You posted, so link to data please.....

Same facts you posted when the irish government didn’t own the m50?

Seems one rule for you but another for someone else?? :-)

PS are you denying, well let’s take one, Sinn Fein hide and protected a child Molestor?

I will give you a few mins to google

I already posted those link. obviously you did not read them.

NTR the company that build the M50 toll bridge built it at a cost of 58 million.

Since then they have made a profit of over 600 million.

NTR were part owners of the toll bridge until 2020 at which time the government became full owners as per terms of the original contract.

Since the toll bridge was built over €900 million in toll fees have been collected.
    Out of that 900 million NTR (a private company) received over €600 million, net of tax

The links again

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/private-firm-to-reap-115bn-bonanza-from-m50-toll-deal-26628381.html

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/state-bodies-to-get-936m-from-tolls-on-m50-bridge-1.477789

I have seen no evidence that SF protected a child molester, maybe you can provide proof that happened.

You posted, so link to data please.....

You’re the night shift finerbot I take it.

Answer this. I asked first. You chose to ignore it

I swear.

Go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NovemberWren

Is there something now that E203 will be given to everyone who is not employed during this Covid-19 time.

I thought that national debt here was c.E200 billion, so, where will that money come from to pay people.
    Maybe from the ECB.

but Trump has decided to give people thousands of $s also - yet, they are $21 trillion in debt.

was this a bit delinquent of the ECB to 'up stakes'; maybe like an unnecessary bulwark to the u.s. economy?

dunno if this makes sense; but right now, wot' does.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I thought that national debt here was c.E200 billion, so, where will that money come from to pay people.
    Maybe from the ECB.

The ECB has never lent to any Govt, and never will. That is illegal.

The ECB lend to banks.

What the ECB can do is buy Govt debt in the secondary markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 somewhere45

Fully agree and forget about politics atm. We can get back to that after this is over. We are all Irish. And tbh screw the future consequences regarding money.

Fire up the money printing machines and throw as much money at this problem as possible. The long term consequences if we dont could sink the country

I personally dont care about having to pay a lot more taxes for a few years until we are back on track. What is important for me is that as few people loose their jobs and/or that we fully support the ones who do. Same goes for companies.

Mortgages, dont even get me started.

Your main priority should be food on the table and being able to take care of your loved ones.
    If you have the funds and can still pay your mortgage after the above keep doing it. If you dont have it just stop paying. Ofc call the bank, but if they tell you no. Just stop paying it until you can afford to pay them again.

Absolutely zero courts will support the banks if they try any tricks at the moment.

Reach out to your family and friends and make sure they are ok. We are ALL in this together

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I. England they are now paying out wat above typical welfare rates. Why are workers here now redundant getting the same as long term can’t be arsed , sorry unemployed ?

Fully agree and forget about politics atm. We can get back to that after this is over. We are all Irish. And tbh screw the future consequences regarding money.

Fire up the money printing machines and throw as much money at this problem as possible. The long term consequences if we dont could sink the country

I personally dont care about having to pay a lot more taxes for a few years until we are back on track. What is important for me is that as few people loose their jobs and/or that we fully support the ones who do. Same goes for companies.

Mortgages, dont even get me started.

Your main priority should be food on the table and being able to take care of your loved ones.
    If you have the funds and can still pay your mortgage after the above keep doing it. If you dont have it just stop paying. Ofc call the bank, but if they tell you no. Just stop paying it until you can afford to pay them again.

Absolutely zero courts will support the banks if they try any tricks at the moment.

Unfortunately the courts do not work on a moral justice system they work on what is written in law. If banks start chasing people for non payment the courts have no choice but rule in favour of the banks.
    Lets hope that once the 3 months is up the banks will have a bit of cop on and try find their inner moral compass before taking any action.

That's why personally I am a little concerned about how little Paschal Donahue got out of the banks or how weak his measures were. Yes we need banks to remain in business and have enough liquidity to continue to offer loans so I understand they cannot go months and months without payment, but at the same time offering people €203 a week when their mortgage and rents are far in excess of this, and that doesn't include what they have to pay for food and other bills such as electricity and phones, is a very weak solution.

Geuze is absolutely correct when he says the ECB cannot lend directly to governments, but they have offered to snap up any bonds governments might issue, which in practical terms is more or less the same thing. Interest rates for the government at this time will be very close to zero, so that should not deter the government from borrowing it would keep businesses from going bankrupt or people facing the loss of their home whether they rent or have mortgages.

Personally I would have preferred the government borrowing what money they needed to guarantee mortgage payments, rents and small business loans, with a view to clawing that money back form the people and businesses that were bailed out over a period of a few years once the crisis has abated. That would essentially mean in the long run the government only having paid for the interest payments and with the money clawed back complete repayment of any loans.

At the end of the day, we cant have landlords going out of business due to non-payment or deciding that they wish to sell their properties and get out of the rental market, nor can we let the banks fail either. We still need both, despite what many people think of them. We also need to protect small businesses from going bankrupt too. When this crisis is over we need those businesses and jobs to still be there.

I can't see how the current measure put in by Paschal Donahue could continue to work beyond the three month period. Maybe the government have already planned to do something similar to what I have suggested but are delaying implementing any guarantee because it really will be horrendously costly. But not doing it will be even more costly if we have 300,000 people on the dole in 12 months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭J_1980

This lockdown won’t last more than 3months. If it doesn’t work, then what’s the point of it?
    Number 1 priority is to gain time and get hospital capacity up.

Doubt there will be tax increases, that’s poison for any recovery. Troika didn’t even ask Greece to do that. It’ll be zero interest rates for decades.

• Advertisement

You’re the night shift finerbot I take it.

Answer this. I asked first. You chose to ignore it

I swear.

Go for it.

Where is the link to confirm the 10K? You forgot to include it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Idbatterim wrote: »
    I. England they are now paying out wat above typical welfare rates. Why are workers here now redundant getting the same as long term can’t be arsed , sorry unemployed ?

They are going to up that here now. In the UK they are only paying it to people kept on by their employers. A lot of small employers won't be able to keep on their staff so they will be let go and be on the dole.

It’s a lie. That’s why there is no link

efanton wrote: »
    I already posted those link. obviously you did not read them.

NTR the company that build the M50 toll bridge built it at a cost of 58 million.

Since then they have made a profit of over 600 million.

NTR were part owners of the toll bridge until 2020 at which time the government became full owners as per terms of the original contract.

Since the toll bridge was built over €900 million in toll fees have been collected.
    Out of that 900 million NTR (a private company) received over €600 million, net of tax

The links again

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/private-firm-to-reap-115bn-bonanza-from-m50-toll-deal-26628381.html

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/state-bodies-to-get-936m-from-tolls-on-m50-bridge-1.477789

I have seen no evidence that SF protected a child molester, maybe you can provide proof that happened.

Already answered that silly post, that when you decided that commercial are heavy vehicle and then said they are cars :-) . Anyway all discussed already.....like most on boards, you fail to admit you haven’t a clue

I said google, loads more if you want to find

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/martina-devlin/in-two-cases-of-sexual-abuse-we-know-that-gerry-adams-behaviour-was-simply-wrong-30691795.html

It’s a lie. That’s why there is no link

I know that, but standard bulls**t on here from Certain supporters but have no problem throwing accusations that nobody has the same knowledge they do

I know that, but standard bulls**t on here from Certain supporters but have no problem throwing accusations that nobody has the same knowledge they do

It’s all these shinners have. This whole thread is a joke and should be treated as such

• Registered Users Posts: 45,455 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Never been a fan of FG but I think they are handling this crisis well. Especially when you see how other countries are dealing with it.

Doubt any other party would handle it better tbh. I'd say they have gained popularity for sure.

The next budget will be a shocker but it's unprecedented times.

You dont have google in the spin unit or the terms homeless and people have been blocked by your supervisor?

Ps Fine Gael have been in government for 9 years. This is all on them.

‘ Government figures show there were more than 10,514 people in emergency accommodation in October, 117 more than the previous month. October figures show there were 6,688 adults, 1,733 families and 3,826 children.’

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019/1203/1096804-homeless-figures/

‘ The number of homeless families has increased by 302% since January 2015. More than one in three people in emergency accommodation is a child.’

https://www.focusireland.ie/resource-hub/about-homelessness/

You dont have google in the spin unit or the terms homeless and people have been blocked by your supervisor?

‘ Government figures show there were more than 10,514 people in emergency accommodation in October, 117 more than the previous month. October figures show there were 6,688 adults, 1,733 families and 3,826 children.’

‘ The number of homeless families has increased by 302% since January 2015. More than one in three people in emergency accommodation is a child.’

That’s not down to bank repossessions.....

What have SF done in last 9 years to help these people?

From what I can see the current FF/FG are building houses

• Advertisement

Please quit the bullsh*t of accusing everyone that doesn’t agree with you of been part of FG...

It’s just plain stupid

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement