Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Sorry that must have been someone else

Sorry, I stand corrected you didn't say I was on ignore, you just cried foul, and made accusations of me having no manners and ran home with your ball, because I had the audacity to correct you, and post links that debunked BS you were spouting. My mistake.
    Anyway, why are we marking your words?

I find it kind of weird that as a (presumably) adult, you would need this phrase explained to you.

Seriously, you're not familiar with the phrase "mark my words" and what it means? Maybe I should have typed "bookmark this post"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

So what would SF do to bounce everyone into recovery then? Pay full wages and build 100k social houses and give away for free?

The question asked of me was What did I want at the moment?

My answer was more or less quite simple. CERTAINTY.
    Whether that be a FF/FG/Ind government, A national government of ALL parties, or a new election.

FG and FF have 3 choices and yet they cant make up their minds.
    They have had 7 weeks to decide whether they will form a coalition and yet they are still nowhere near to announcing they have done a deal to form a government.
    beyond that with a proper government in place that will continue for the next few year, I am happy for any of the above 3 scenarios.

Would I be happy for SF to be in government, of course I would. But its far more important at the moment that a government is formed that can push through legislation when required and that can carry us through the next 2 or 3 year at least.

I think every party's manifesto has just gone out the window at this point, and there's no point in even trying to think otherwise.
    What is more important is that we some how get through this crisis with as few people being infected with the virus and as few deaths as possible, people not fearing the loss of their home, but probably MOST important at the moment is as few businesses as possible going out of business so that those jobs are there to help with a quick recovery.

At the moment I don't see Paschal Donahue's measures being sufficient to protect people from the risk of losing their home, and it certainly does nothing whatsoever to help keep businesses afloat while they cannot trade.
    We need a proper government now that can introduce measures that will protect small businesses and carry on for at least a couple of years.

To be perfectly blunt I don't care whether that be FF/FG/independents, a national government of all parties, or a government formed after a new election.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Not seeing too many (if any at all) FG or FF deputies calling out what were blatant lies from the banks and insurance companies.

https://twitter.com/PearseDoherty/status/1242078158846820354

Was Paschal duped or wilfully going along with a deception?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Not seeing too many (if any at all) FG or FF deputies calling out what were blatant lies from the banks and insurance companies.

https://twitter.com/PearseDoherty/status/1242078158846820354

Was Paschal duped or wilfully going along with a deception?

I don't see any blatant lies being called out by Pearse there.

All I see is the usual bluster, whining and complaining, without a single workable constructive contribution.

I must have missed something again.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

efanton wrote: »
    The question asked of me was What did I want at the moment?

My answer was more or less quite simple. CERTAINTY.
    Whether that be a FF/FG/Ind government, A national government of ALL parties, or a new election.

FG and FF have 3 choices and yet they cant make up their minds.
    They have had 7 weeks to decide whether they will form a coalition and yet they are still nowhere near to announcing they have done a deal to form a government.
    beyond that with a proper government in place that will continue for the next few year, I am happy for any of the above 3 scenarios.

Would I be happy for SF to be in government, of course I would. But its far more important at the moment that a government is formed that can push through legislation when required and that can carry us through the next 2 or 3 year at least.

I think every party's manifesto has just gone out the window at this point, and there's no point in even trying to think otherwise.
    What is more important is that we some how get through this crisis with as few people being infected with the virus and as few deaths as possible, people not fearing the loss of their home, but probably MOST important at the moment is as few businesses as possible going out of business so that those jobs are there to help with a quick recovery.

At the moment I don't see Paschal Donahue's measures being sufficient to protect people from the risk of losing their home, and it certainly does nothing whatsoever to help keep businesses afloat while they cannot trade.
    We need a proper government now that can introduce measures that will protect small businesses and carry on for at least a couple of years.

To be perfectly blunt I don't care whether that be FF/FG/independents, a national government of all parties, or a government formed after a new election.

Another Sinn Fein voter who wants Fine Gael in government?

Why did any of them ever vote for Sinn Fein?

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    I don't see any blatant lies being called out by Pearse there.

All I see is the usual bluster, whining and complaining, without a single workable constructive contribution.

I must have missed something again.

You weren't listening to Liveline and following twitter so.

Multiple stories of the banks welching on what they promised Paschal. So much so that AIB had to issue a clarifying statement.

This is where FG will fail yet again. Looking out for the wrong interests...same as last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

McMurphy wrote: »
    Sorry, I stand corrected you didn't say I was on ignore, you just cried foul, and made accusations of me having no manners and ran home with your ball, because I had the audacity to correct you, and post links that debunked BS you were spouting. My mistake.

I find it kind of weird that as a (presumably) adult, you would need this phrase explained to you.

Seriously, you're not familiar with the phrase "mark my words" and what it means? Maybe I should have typed "bookmark this post"?

I know what it means, I just asked what you mean in reference to this?

Please explain

I see you still have your issues with aggresive posting.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

blanch152 wrote: »
    Another Sinn Fein voter who wants Fine Gael in government?

Why did any of them ever vote for Sinn Fein?

I dont want FG in government. I want a government that can actually put in measures to get us through this crisis, but that might mean accepting that FG will be involved in that government if it is required to get through this crisis.

FG started of pretty good in this crisis, but that required little additional spending, or diversion from their 'state should do and spend as little as possible, privatisation and private business is the way to solve all ill's' dogma.

Now the really big decisions need to be made. Do you honestly believe the measures that Paschal Donahue put in are sufficient? Will they actually protect businesses so that they can survive while not trading? Will they protect people from potentially losing their homes? The banks and landlords cant forego payment for ever, there will quickly come a point where they will have to demand payment in order for them to survive this crisis too.

Decisions are going to have to be made that will affect this country for many years. For that we need a government. As I said yes it would be my preference to have SF in government, but any government with a majority at this time is better than the situation we currently have.

So now you are criticising me for saying that we should be looking after the national interest rather than political point scoring.

The current government does not have the majority required to pass legislation. Neither will it have to deal with the consequences of its decisions in a years time.

So what do you suggest as a solution?
    Do we continue as is, watch businesses and the jobs they provide slowly but inevitable disappear, the very businesses and jobs we will need if any sort of recovery is to be achieved once the this virus pandemic has abated?

So yes, I am prepared to see ANY party, including SF, take one on the chin if it means that a government can be formed.
    Are you suggesting you are not?

I know what it means, I just asked what you mean in reference to this?

Please explain

I see you still have your issues with aggresive posting.....:rolleyes:

If you interpreted my post as being aggressive, I would guess you've been living a pretty sheltered and protected existence.

The post doesn't need any more clarification tbh, which is why I'm not going to bother my barney doing so.

If you interpreted my post as being aggressive, I would guess you've been living a pretty sheltered and protected existence.

The post doesn't need any more clarification tbh, which is why I'm not going to bother my barney doing so.

It's water off a ducks back to me. Just dont see the point on a forum why you post so aggressively all the time. Anyway let remind ourselves of the original post(again very aggressive)
    This pandemic doesn't favour the poor any less than it does the rich, same for landlords/tenants, what an utterly stupid statement.

In the midst of a health crisis gripping the entire world, now is not the time for Leos strops, the country's politicians need to row in behind one another, and divisive childish nonsense where the caretaker Taoiseach seeks to specifically exclude anyone else will not stand over him when this is settled, mark my words.

You made a point of adding it at the end, as some sort of big statement. So what do you mean?

Does it mean you are going to do something? that what it would suggest. So what are you going to do?

Fairly simple question.

• Advertisement

It's water off a ducks back to me. Just dont see the point on a forum why you post so aggressively all the time. Anyway let remind ourselves of the original post(again very aggressive)

You made a point of adding it at the end, as some sort of big statement. So what do you mean?

Does it mean you are going to do something? that what it would suggest. So what are you going to do?

Fairly simple question.

Yeah, I'm going to post about it in here.

I'm not sure if you're playing at naivety, or truly don't understand, it's simple - I (and many others) said that the constant attacks by leo and others during the campaign would go against him, and it did.

They don't seem to have learnt from that lesson though, and are carrying on along the same route, in the midst of a pandemic by saying he wants a govt of unity, so long as Sinn Fein are excluded from it.

Now assuming you're still with me, I'm saying that acting the bollox looking to be point scoring and excluding specific people or party's (especially in light of the number of votes Sinn Fein received) could come back and bite him on his arse when/if this eventually passes - mark my words.

I've just finished a 12hr day at the office during our most busiest times since opening the business, but if you need further clarification just let me know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

To be fair there has been a surge both here and twitter. More than usual. Timely with his speech n all

https://twitter.com/trumankelly/status/1242118628834603008?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Runaways wrote: »
    To be fair there has been a surge both here and twitter. More than usual. Timely with his speech n all

https://twitter.com/trumankelly/status/1242118628834603008?s=21

Ned Kelly is a clown. Best ignored.

l]

Not really, just accusing anyone that isn’t negative towards FG as xyz is just childish....

Do SF supporters really think that every other person in Ireland is either a FG bot or FF bot?

Not really, just accusing anyone that isn’t negative towards FG as xyz is just childish....

Do SF supporters really think that every other person in Ireland is either a FG bot or FF bot?

Who has said anything remotely like that?

Can you stop exaggerating?

Wasn’t saying that at all.
    A brief look through several accounts here will show you there are an inordinate amount of single topic posters. Yay Fine Gael boo Sinn Fein.
    (One in particular jumps to mind :)
    Across countless threads and no matter the topic.

Funny cos I pointed out this very thing yesterday. And almost exactly replied to by random posters asking where are sf and what are they doing?

Would you look at that.

https://twitter.com/MarkAgitprop/status/1240336839833247751?s=19

Who has said anything remotely like that?

Can you stop exaggerating?

Anyone on this thread is pro FG and they get accused. I don’t support FG but I can at least see they are doing some good at the moment but I got fired accusation of been paid by FG....

So is it an exaggeration?

If you want to see a case in point, look at post after yours!!!

I’m sure if I could be bothered looking over your history you have thrown out that accusation as well

Wasn’t saying that at all.
    A brief look through several accounts here will show you there are an inordinate amount of single topic posters. Yay Fine Gael boo Sinn Fein.
    (One in particular jumps to mind :)
    Across countless threads and no matter the topic.

Do you mean me?

Because if you do I suggest you look a little harder, I think Sinn Fein are a shower of wasters but I’m not a FG fan. Just because someone is not totally over the top negative doesn’t mean they are been paid by FG, something you seem to struggle with the idea of

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Do you mean me?

Because if you do I suggest you look a little harder, I think Sinn Fein are a shower of wasters but I’m not a FG fan. Just because someone is not totally over the top negative doesn’t mean they are been paid by FG, something you seem to struggle with the idea of

Calling a political party or anyone really wasters is low-level political arguement.

It's a constant din of low-level political rhetoric and spittle coming from the right of late, on this forum in particular. The party of choice has ran out of steam, political capital and general good-will among the voting public, and instead of trying to earn the trust of the public all we hear is insults. This person's a waster, that person's a waster. They seem to harbor contempt for more or less everybody but themselves and those that resemble themselves.

It comes from the top of the party as well I'm convinced. Leo is I find an ill tempered leader with a petulant streak who has spent his time cultivating the nastier end of conservatism

I don't think I'm being unfair as characterising you as being on the political right and of FG dna fundamentally.

• Advertisement

Anyone on this thread is pro FG and they get accused. I don’t support FG but I can at least see they are doing some good at the moment but I got fired accusation of been paid by FG....

So is it an exaggeration?

If you want to see a case in point, look at post after yours!!!

I’m sure if I could be bothered looking over your history you have thrown out that accusation as well

Several times on this very thread I have said FG are doing well on the crisis with obvious lapses and mistakes.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Calling a political party or anyone really wasters is low-level political arguement.

It's a constant din of low-level political rhetoric and spittle coming from the right of late, on this forum in particular. The party of choice has ran out of steam, political capital and general good-will among the voting public, and instead of trying to to earn the trust of the public all we hear is insults. This person's a waster, that person's a waster. They seem to harbor contempt for more or less everybody but themselves and those that resemble themselves.

It comes from the top of the party as well I'm convinced. Leo is I find an ill tempered leader with a petulant streak who has spent his time cultivating the nastier end of conservatism

I don't think I'm being unfair as characterising you as being on the political right and of FG dna fundamentally.

Good attempt at trying to play the high ground, pity it only lasted half a post

Do poster on here have some sort of issue with people who have the ability to see the good and bad in FF and FG?

I did ask on this very thread from example of good work by SF, the best example given was they sorted out a tv license....so far between charity thief, protecting child molestor and the list goes on I will stick to my original description of SF, yes they have 1-2 good politician but they are too few and far between

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

You had a point, then the second part makes a mockery of it.

No but the most vocal posters pushing FG and bashing SF all have eerily the same problem with SF voters. They’re lazy wasters scroungers doleites entitled. Etc

Across all posts they come up. Almost scripted. Follows Leo’s earlier risers bs remarkably closely. Browse any of the endless threads attacking SF If in doubt.

No but the most vocal posters pushing FG and bashing SF all have eerily the same problem with SF voters. They’re lazy wasters scroungers doleites entitled. Etc

Across all posts they come up. Almost scripted. Follows Leo’s earlier risers bs remarkably closely. Browse any of the endless threads attacking SF If in doubt.

I made no comments about SF voters.

Doing 'nothing' on a lockdown is just more dithering I'm afraid.
    With the UK going into one, what are FG waiting for.

Doing 'nothing' on a lockdown is just more dithering I'm afraid.
    With the UK going into one, what are FG waiting for.

FG got out in front, UK didnt and this was a major f**k up

The spread in UK is a lot worse because of the lack of action by Boris. Now he is scrambling to get back in.

Still that been said I would have expected FG to announce at the same time as UK.

FG got out in front, UK didnt and this was a major f**k up

The spread in UK is a lot worse because of the lack of action by Boris. Now he is scrambling to get back in.

Still that been said I would have expected FG to announce at the same time as UK.

It's not a competition with Boris or SF or anyone else.

We need to lockdown or we don't...too many mixed messages from government are unhelpful and dithering.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

• Advertisement

DFA last week urged all Irish overseas to return home as soon as possible. And government spending 300k to charter a plane to get Irish trapped under lockdown in Peru home.
    That to me suggests even airports are being closed eventually.
    My OH is meant to be coming home from Cambodia on Friday but now thinking of staying on the tiny island he’s on for another month ‘til it blows over’

Ehhh it’s gonna go on quite a while longer than that. No talking to him.

England coughs and Ireland catches a cold, I’d say you’d see us go into lockdown with the same restrictions quite soon. Once this weeks numbers come in maybe

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement