Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Tea Shock wrote: »
    The way I have always thought about it, if Germany for example were entitled to taxes from Ireland for profits from iPhones sold in Germany, then Ireland are entitled to taxes from Germany for profits from Volkswagen's, Opel 's, Merc's, BMW's etc sold in Ireland

It's bullsh1t!

Do you understand what Apple did? because if you did then you wouldn't use the examples above

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Stuttering at the juvenile taunt maybe?

Seems to be all they have. Referencing the post above your own also

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Tea Shock wrote: »
    Are you suggesting Mary Lou will be in the next government but Leo won't be?

SF would not go into government now even if the Army Council ordered them to. They will be sniping from the sidelines as per usual for the next few years at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

Stuttering at the juvenile taunt maybe?

In fairness to the presenter i don't think it was his intention. She could of just said yes rather than stuttering and laughably saying they were following MO'N lead!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

jh79 wrote: »
    In fairness to the presenter i don't think it was his intention. She could of just said yes rather than stuttering and laughably saying they were following MO'N lead!

The idea that SF would not do something just because the British did it is juvenile in the extreme.

I am not surprised she was taken aback by it. Journalists need to grow up a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Notmything

Runaways wrote: »
    Way to try move the focus.

Did you even see or hear Leo’s announcement ?
    Knowing well he won’t be next Taoiseach can only imagine it’s a spiteful and petty move but playing with more than just Mary Lou and Michael.
    He’s using the country to do it.

Which is well within his wheelhouse.

Petty arrogant litle fvck

And if you thought Boris came up with that first Jesus Christ you really haven’t been paying attention. Stop reading tabloids. Good man.

Wait, are you suggesting that FG increased the unemployment payment to spite sf?

Maybe they realised it was the right thing to do so did it.

But then again, if they do what sf suggest it's out of spite, if they don't do what sf suggest it's also out of spite.....

Notmything wrote: »
    Wait, are you suggesting that FG increased the unemployment payment to spite sf?

But then again, if they do what sf suggest it's out of spite, if they don't do what sf suggest it's also out of spite.....

FG could develop a cure and save the World and you would have some of the people on here complaining because they didn't do it the way SF would have done it

Thats the madness that is set in!!!!

The interns are out in force it seems.

ML and pretty much all parties apart from FG have been calling for a wage replacement since this crisis started.

Here’s Leo now white Knight like it’s his idea. When he was in fact the last one to have The thought.

In fact he ridiculed the idea only a week or so ago.
    It wasn’t his idea. Every other parties here and many other countries did this idea first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Notmything

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    FG could develop a cure and save the World and you would have some of the people on here complaining because they didn't do it the way SF would have done it

For me the madness is: not collecting the apple tax = very bad. Killing a Garda and welcoming the killer out of prison= but but <insert distraction> let's not dwell on the past.

Reality is, are FG, the best government we could have? No, but are they doing the best they can? I think so. FF are gone to ground, sf are meaningless populist soundbites. We don't have a lot of choice.

Just a reminder of the thread title - FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Get the Shinners out of your headspace.

You claim not to be a FG supporter but your every post is protection of them.

• Advertisement

Runaways wrote: »
    The interns are out in force it seems.

ML and pretty much all parties apart from FG have been calling for a wage replacement since this crisis started.

Here’s Leo now white Knight like it’s his idea. When he was in fact the last one to have The thought.

In fact he ridiculed the idea only a week or so ago.
    It wasn’t his idea. Every other parties here and many other countries did this idea first.

Im shocked, someone posts and automatic respond is they work for FG.....where is the other poster who will call them a finnbot?????

Maybe, just maybe you could grow up!!!

For me the madness is: not collecting the apple tax = very bad. Killing a Garda and welcoming the killer out of prison= but but <insert distraction> let's not dwell on the past.

Reality is, are FG, the best government we could have? No, but are they doing the best they can? I think so. FF are gone to ground, sf are meaningless populist soundbites. We don't have a lot of choice.

No, they aren't doing the best they can.

Hence why many lapses and mistakes have been called out and suggestions have been made.

Just a reminder of the thread title - FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Get the Shinners out of your headspace.

You claim not to be a FG supporter but your every post is protection of them.

Funny, because majority of posts are from SF supporters :eek: as I posted already, the chance of having a thread about any party without page after page of SF posts is non existant anymore.....

Ahh another accusation, not using Finnbot or something like that?

TO be honest at this stage I am actually starting to like FG more, not because I like the party or its politics, the fact it drives the SF supporters up the wall :P:P:P:P

In regards to your posts, sorry I can't take them serious anymore since the post about the multinationals. That was a humdinger!

Funny, because majority of posts are from SF supporters :eek: as I posted already, the chance of having a thread about any party without page after page of SF posts is non existant anymore.....

Ahh another accusation, not using Finnbot or something like that?

TO be honest at this stage I am actually starting to like FG more, not because I like the party or its politics, the fact it drives the SF supporters up the wall :P:P:P:P

In regards to your posts, sorry I can't take them serious anymore since the post about the multinationals. That was a humdinger!

The world is changing for everyone, including multinationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Cant speak for the other SF supporters here, but I'm glad the government have announced serious measures to protect jobs and businesses.

SF got what they wanted, the county got what it need, and FG did the right thing. Should it have to go beyond that?

So what if many of them are almost identical to what SF proposed, they could be coincidence or deliberate, but does it really matter?
    The fact is the measures needed were introduced and that is all that counts in my opinion.

Those that argued that an aid package was not require are never going to admit they are wrong so why even try to get them to admit it. It a complete waste of time.

Some serious scaremongering there.

In what way will the world change for multinationals?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

6 wrote: »
    Next government is on a hiding to nothing. Austerity budgets for the next few years.

Even core economies of Europe like Germany will have to spend their way out of this like crazy against their natural instincts.

The game has changed and stubborn economic orthodoxies have to be and will be thrown out the window. Austerity will be seen as a curious and twee economic concept from another age.

There will be no centre of growth left unharmed in the west (even China will struggle somewhat I predict) and blaming feckless Greeks isn't on the cards any more.

In what way will the world change for multinationals?

Is that a serious question?

Yurt! wrote: »
    Is that a serious question?

Yes.

Yes they will be making less money

So putting up our coroprate tax rate at this time would be seen as a huge snub

Anyone think the answer is putting up the corporate tax rate really hasn't a clue

• Advertisement

Yes.

I'll let someone else field the question in that case.

Yes they will be making less money

So putting up our coroprate tax rate at this time would be seen as a huge snub

Anyone think the answer is putting up the corporate tax rate really hasn't a clue

The changes ahead for multinationals won't be caused by Ireland. It's pretty clear they have a long legacy of taking the proverbial fiscally.

You can cower in fear in front of them but others will take them on and make them pay their fair share.

Interesting article in the FT about how other things are changing too...because they have to.

https://www.ft.com/content/abd6bbd0-6a9f-11ea-800d-da70cff6e4d3

The changes ahead for multinationals won't be caused by Ireland. It's pretty clear they have a long legacy of taking the proverbial fiscally.

You can cower in fear in front of them but others will take them on and make them pay their fair share.

Interesting article in the FT about how other things are changing too...because they have to.

Where the goalposts gone? oh yeah you moved them again :P

Where the goalposts gone? oh yeah you moved them again :P

No I didn't.

I just added something else for your brain to consider. Have I overwhelmed it? :P

Behind a pay wall for me.

Maybe your right and they will have to paid their fair share in the future but that scenario wouldn't be good for Ireland.

If we don't offer tax breaks how do we convince them to invest here?

Im shocked, someone posts and automatic respond is they work for FG.....where is the other poster who will call them a finnbot?????

Maybe, just maybe you could grow up!!!

You’re still calling anyone who disagrees with you, a shinner.

Your every post reeks of a not yet mature grasp of the facts or even what you’re responding to. As well as repeating FG script repeatedly. Ad nauseum

It can’t be paying much but hey. Foot in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Maybe your right and they will have to paid their fair share in the future but that scenario wouldn't be good for Ireland.

if we can convince them to partially pay their tax revenues as stocks and shares, they might just hang around

There are multinationals operating happily in other tax systems you know.

I am not one who thinks corpo are evil. They are just conditioned by years of a certain way of behaving. I think they have demonstrated that they can change, (see: environmental responses) even if it costs them.

If we ask them to pay a fairer share and in return properly invest in the education of work-forces for them and infrastructure then I don't see why they would not pick here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Well as things stand its FG caretaker government till this crisis passes.

The other 125 TDs are beyond useless.

• Advertisement

Well as things stand its FG caretaker government till this crisis passes.

The other 125 TDs are beyond useless.

Odd thing about that. Weeks ago on air on radio one Sean o rourke accused Michael Martin on air of FF of copying and pasting SFs policies for govt.

Now today we have FG doing it

Weve had weeks of people here screaming SF populism.

Now Fg are doing it.

And it’s not populism. Somehow.

I for one cannot wait to read the explainer pivot posts from our usual mouthpieces here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement