Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

There are multinationals operating happily in other tax systems you know.

I am not one who thinks corpo are evil. They are just conditioned by years of a certain way of behaving. I think they have demonstrated that they can change, (see: environmental responses) even if it costs them.

If we ask them to pay a fairer share and in return properly invest in the education of work-forces for them and infrastructure then I don't see why they would not pick here.

I know you think they should pay more, what i'm asking is why would they stay if their profits take a hit? And to be fair it would have to be a big hit to fund SF's planned spending spree.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

jh79 wrote: »
    I know you think they should pay more, what i'm asking is why would they stay if their profits take a hit? And to be fair it would have to be a big hit to fund SF's planned spending spree.

wealth accumulation by large corporations is under serious scrutiny globally, this is slowly becoming unsustainable, again, i do believe we ll have no choice but to increase tax rates on corporations, possibly affecting their overall profits. tax rates maybe increased from outside sources such as eu institutions, with possible european wide tax harmonisation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Runaways wrote: »
    You’re still calling anyone who disagrees with you, a shinner.

Your every post reeks of a not yet mature grasp of the facts or even what you’re responding to. As well as repeating FG script repeatedly. Ad nauseum

It can’t be paying much but hey. Foot in the door.

Please quote me calling someone a shinner

There are multinationals operating happily in other tax systems you know.

I am not one who thinks corpo are evil. They are just conditioned by years of a certain way of behaving. I think they have demonstrated that they can change, (see: environmental responses) even if it costs them.

If we ask them to pay a fairer share and in return properly invest in the education of work-forces for them and infrastructure then I don't see why they would not pick here.

Most people I find who think corpo are evil is because they couldnt get a job in one

You will find most if not all of the corpo, the big one in Ireland are already invested in numerous education programs. That includes investing in childcare right up to university.

You have no handle of the corporate World, few others on here as well. But you peddle it out. If you got your way the current and future people of Ireland would be screwed with no jobs. Just so the people who would never actually work in these companies would be happier.

IT is a lovely trait in the Irish people, begrudge. Anyone seems to do better and they will do anything to bring them down to the same level as them. Never think about trying to rise themselves up. Drag everyone down.

Personally I love any Irish doing well, if it is at home or abroad. Good on them if they managed to do better for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Odd thing about that. Weeks ago on air on radio one Sean o rourke accused Michael Martin on air of FF of copying and pasting SFs policies for govt.

Now today we have FG doing it

Weve had weeks of people here screaming SF populism.

Now Fg are doing it.

And it’s not populism. Somehow.

I for one cannot wait to read the explainer pivot posts from our usual mouthpieces here

All western governments are doing the same thing.

Even the Tories are doing it. Of course the mopey Irish would tell you the Tories are evil.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭storker

Well as things stand its FG caretaker government till this crisis passes.

The other 125 TDs are beyond useless.

How's the weather in Upper Mount Street?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

All western governments are doing the same thing.

Even the Tories are doing it. Of course the mopey Irish would tell you the Tories are evil.....

Way to pivot away from the point. It was SF policy righty out the gate at the start Of this crisis.
    Help the workers affected by this.

And FG and their minions on this very forum repeatedly and endlessly in this very thread and many others called it insanity and ridiculous and lala land loony left economics

Now FG are actually doing it

You all need a real hard look at your posting histories and your parties inability to lead never mind deciding on a position they can stick to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    if we can convince them to partially pay their tax revenues as stocks and shares, they might just hang around

We need a two pronged approach.Something like this which will bind them to us and we also need to grow our own domestic companies have them better able to the type of advantages we extend to multinationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Jizique

wealth accumulation by large corporations is under serious scrutiny globally, this is slowly becoming unsustainable, again, i do believe we ll have no choice but to increase tax rates on corporations, possibly affecting their overall profits. tax rates maybe increased from outside sources such as eu institutions, with possible european wide tax harmonisation

Don’t worry, this recession will murder their profits so you won’t have to worry

storker wrote: »
    How's the weather in Upper Mount Street?

I don't support FG

They hand out too much to wasters.

If you look back the thread I pointed out they have increased public spending by 13 billion since 2016.

Wasted on rubbish like this:
    http://www.byap.ie/

• Advertisement

Way to pivot away from the point. It was SF policy righty out the gate at the start Of this crisis.
    Help the workers affected by this.

And FG and their minions on this very forum repeatedly and endlessly in this very thread and many others called it insanity and ridiculous and lala land loony left economics

Now FG are actually doing it

You all need a real hard look at your posting histories and your parties inability to lead never mind deciding on a position they can stick to.

Fine Gael had this plan from day one once they started closing things down FFS.

But I notice nobody in FG or SF or FF or anybody else has said how it will be funded. Nor have they said what cuts should be made in the future.

smurgen wrote: »
    We need a two pronged approach.Something like this which will bind them to us and we also need to grow our own domestic companies have them better able to the type of advantages we extend to multinationals.

absolute agree, i have a bit of soft spot for cooperatives, i think they also should be encouraged to be created, and given the same level of protectionism that is currently given to large corporations operating here

Jizique wrote: »
    Don’t worry, this recession will murder their profits so you won’t have to worry

or will they just plough more of that qe money back into even more share buy backs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Jizique

You do realize that the owners of these “large corporations” are their shareholders including their workers and ordinary folk through their pension schemes.
    I suppose it serves these right for saving for a private pension when they should be happy to suck off the teat of the state with a SF approved pension (from 65 of course)

Jizique wrote: »
    You do realize that the owners of these “large corporations” are their shareholders including their workers and ordinary folk through their pension schemes.
    I suppose it serves these right for saving for a private pension when they should be happy to suck off the teat of the state with a SF approved pension (from 65 of course)

its common knowledge that the majority of stocks and shares globally are owned by the minority of individuals, obviously the wealthiest, including the wealthiest of employees, i.e. high level employees, as they can receive a large proportion of their pay in stock options, sometimes the majority of their pay as such. this is now at dangerous levels, and needs to be addressed asap, spreading this wealth more evenly is possible, and could just stabilize our economies, as i believe if we dont, destabilization will continue, and will become a greater threat for all humans, including the wealthy.

Fine Gael had this plan from day one once they started closing things down FFS.

But I notice nobody in FG or SF or FF or anybody else has said how it will be funded. Nor have they said what cuts should be made in the future.

I don’t doubt you have knowledge they had this plan since day one.

But it’s certainly not public knowledge.

Wed all love to see any links or evidence if you can provide any.

And of fgs statements saying there’ll be cuts?

I don’t doubt you have knowledge they had this plan since day one.

But it’s certainly not public knowledge.

Wed all love to see any links or evidence if you can provide any.

And of fgs statements saying there’ll be cuts?

Of course their will be cuts FFS.

https://mobile.twitter.com/businessposthq/status/1241673475095289856

What choice does any government have? No government is not going for a huge bailout.

15 billion and rising.

A shutdown doesn't come cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

absolute agree, i have a bit of soft spot for cooperatives, i think they also should be encouraged to be created, and given the same level of protectionism that is currently given to large corporations operating here

Co-ops are a 1970s economic idea. Their day has passed.

However, the world will change from this crisis in ways we can't imagine. One idea that may well get a resurgence is state provision of essential services.

Theoretical ideas of how a culture reacts to a large-scale existential threat will be tested to the full.

blanch152 wrote: »

However, the world will change from this crisis in ways we can't imagine. One idea that may well get a resurgence is state provision of essential services.

Theoretical ideas of how a culture reacts to a large-scale existential threat will be tested to the full.

somewhat disagree there, there seems to be a small resurgence of co-ops globally, one of the most successful being the mondragon co op

i do agree with the rest of your statements though

Of course their will be cuts FFS.

https://mobile.twitter.com/businessposthq/status/1241673475095289856

What choice does any government have? No government is not going for a huge bailout.

15 billion and rising.

A shutdown doesn't come cheap

Gifts spend to save.

If they didn’t do this it would be worse by orders of magnitude. I’ve been saying as much for weeks now you’re free to check my posts.

*ps I was being called a crazy lefty loonie for even suggesting they do this.

Yet here we are.

• Advertisement

somewhat disagree there, there seems to be a small resurgence of co-ops globally, one of the most successful being the mondragon co op

i do agree with the rest of your statements though

Like Kerrygold, when Mondragon gets too big, it will corporatise.

Like Kerrygold, when Mondragon gets too big, it will corporatise.

maybe, but it has been going since the 50's, so who knows

Ahh here I will leave you all too it, it was fun but I never read such a load of rubbish in a long time

The bitterness is strong I do admit, you could shut every corporation down in Ireland and you would still be bitter over something else

Some people are never happy.

Anyway wish you all luck in your endeavours, I could come back in 5 years time, it still be the same people moaning about the same thing and it was everyone else’s fault :-) maybe it will be labour turn this time as the saviour .....

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Ahh here I will leave you all too it, it was fun but I never read such a load of rubbish in a long time

The bitterness is strong I do admit, you could shut every corporation down in Ireland and you would still be bitter over something else

Anyway wish you all luck in your endeavours, I could come back in 5 years time, it still be the same people moaning about the same thing and it was everyone else’s fault :-) maybe it will be labour turn this time as the saviour .....

It won't be the same people moaning about the same thing, it will be a new group of posters who have never voted for Sinn Fein before, but are considering doing so now because of the mess that FF/FG have made of the world.

Brand new account spouting the same crap any minute now

Brand new account spouting the same crap any minute now

Its the last thing a forum needs.

People debating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

It will be interesting to see what happens out of this. I'm expecting a fast tracking of BEPS two after this and a drive to harmonize tax. I'm also wondering if businesses that may require bailouts like airlines might have capital requirements rules built into them going forward just like we have for the banks.it would make sense in my eyes and would see them maintain their own safety nets instead of doing share buy backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Such juvenile behaviour. 'They won't listen to me telling them they never had it so good Mammy'.

For a non FG FF voter you are remarkably uncritical of the state they had the country in before this external threat hit the country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

Do you understand what Apple did? because if you did then you wouldn't use the examples above

I'm sure you're about to explain why the example is invalid

• Advertisement

Knew it. The Tories were always more this thing.

Can he ever not put his foot in it?

https://twitter.com/ciarakellydoc/status/1242544636972892161?s=21

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement