Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG to just do nothing for the next 5 years.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

blanch152 wrote: »
    It won't be the same people moaning about the same thing, it will be a new group of posters who have never voted for Sinn Fein before, but are considering doing so now because of the mess that FF/FG have made of the world.

Maybe if we didnt have to spend millions of pounds in the 70s 80s and 90s protecting the State from the Provo murder gang we would have had greater investment in health education and housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Breaking:
    @greenparty_ie
    have now ruled themselves out of talks with Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil #iestaff via
    @McConnellDaniel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Breaking:
      @greenparty_ie
      have now ruled themselves out of talks with Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil #iestaff via
      @McConnellDaniel
      Useless, I'm disappointed to have given them a vote. If a party wants to play politics from the sidelines and doesn't want to govern, they need to stop running for office and clogging up the system.

This is probably the biggest crisis the country has faced since WW2, and every party needs to put aside their manifestos and political games. Once it's over, back to the business as usual.

1. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

hmmm wrote: »
        Useless, I'm disappointed to have given them a vote. If a party wants to play politics from the sidelines and doesn't want to govern, they need to stop running for office and clogging up the system.

This is probably the biggest crisis the country has faced since WW2, and every party needs to put aside their manifestos and political games. Once it's over, back to the business as usual.

Completely this.

1. Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭efanton

Are they not entitled to chose which parties they will refuse to go into government with?

Surely the whole point of forming a new government is that it continues on beyond the crisis?

1. Advertisement
        2. Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Constitutional crisis approaching fast.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/constitutional-crisis-new-laws-988850?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1585143234
          He noted that 11 members of the Seanad must be nominated by the Taoiseach and the Upper House can’t meet until they are in place.

Leo Varadkar does not have the power to nominate them in his capacity as acting Taoiseach.

If the Seanad cannot sit, no new laws can be passed – potentially leaving the Oireachtas paralysed amid the COVID-19 outbreak.

“This obviously gives rise to a very serious Constitutional problem,” wrote Deputy Ó Fearghaíl.

“From midnight next Sunday 29th March 2020, the Houses of the Oireachtas will not be able to pass legislation.

“Given the profound implications of this, I am sure that the Taoiseach, party and group leaders will want to address this serious legislative incapacity at the earliest possible opportunity.”

3. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

4. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

The social media team must be getting briefed

5. Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Breaking:
          @greenparty_ie
          @McConnellDaniel

Very disappointed if true. The country needs the Greens.

Edit: Is it true? Or is the poster spinning?

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0324/1126187-fine-gael-and-fianna-fail-set-for-government-talks/

"The Green Party has again stated that it would pursue a national unity government and not a coalition with just Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael. "

What happens when the pursuit of a national unity government fails? That statement doesn't say that the Greens will walk away. For their own internal needs they need to follow a certain route to government.

6. Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Runaways wrote: »
          Knew it. The Tories were always more this thing.

Can he ever not put his foot in it?

https://twitter.com/ciarakellydoc/status/1242544636972892161?s=21

What is your point?

Your link is of Ciara Kelly saying she is proud of politicians now, referencing Leo, and you seem to think he has got something wrong.

Very confusing.

7. Advertisement
        8. Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

For everyone's sake I think a national unity government is what's needed. Let's just get the ball rolling and we can all go back to hating one another after this.

9. Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Knew it. The Tories were always more this thing.

Can he ever not put his foot in it?

https://twitter.com/ciarakellydoc/status/1242544636972892161?s=21

What are you talking about? You have quoted Ciara Kelly saying she is proud of Leo. What has this got to do with Tories?

10. Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

The social media team must be getting briefed

if varadkar doesnt need to be out as much, he probably is the social media team! probably engaging with him on boards, with his sock puppet accounts, unbeknownst to us...

11. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

blanch152 wrote: »
          What is your point?

Your link is of Ciara Kelly saying she is proud of politicians now, referencing Leo, and you seem to think he has got something wrong.

Very confusing.

You didn’t watch the press conference. Clearly.

The man is physically incapable of not putting his foot in it and up his own hole.

Though at this stage and current crisis I think it’s very much by design

12. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

joeguevara wrote: »
          What are you talking about? You have quoted Ciara Kelly saying she is proud of Leo. What has this got to do with Tories?

Oh my god.

We’re officially dealing with bots

That’s not what Ciara said at all hun.

That’s what Leo said

She quoted him.

Do you understand quotation marks???

13. Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Oh my god.

That’s what Leo said

She quoted him.

I simply asked a question. Had no idea what it was about. Not a supporter of Fine Gael. No need to be so obnoxious.

14. Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Edgware wrote: »
          Maybe if we didnt have to spend millions of pounds in the 70s 80s and 90s protecting the State from the Provo murder gang we would have had greater investment in health education and housing.

Excellent post my friend ..needs to be said !

15. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

I simply asked a question. Had no idea what it was about. Not a supporter of Fine Gael. No need to be so obnoxious.

Boards is infected. It’s official.

16. Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

100% this ...useless knobs shying away from senior hurling...staying on the ditch but shovelling up the pesos !

1. Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Boards is infected. It’s official.

What the fcuck are you talking about. I simply asked a question. Saying someone or something is infected at this time is as about as low as they come. You really come across as a pr1ck.

2. Advertisement
          3. Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Oh my god.

That’s what Leo said

She quoted him.

You have a problem with him saying "Our greatest generation is not in the past"?

4. Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Ballso wrote: »
            You have a problem with him saying "Our greatest generation is not in the past"?

Written by a Trinity professor allegedly. Nice words, signifying very little only guff really.

5. Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Written by a Trinity professor allegedly. Nice words, signifying very little only guff really.

He could have finished off with an ‘Up the RA’ I suppose.

6. Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Well he did invoke the spirit of 1916...does that count? :D

7. Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I must say Harris is doing well in some of the Corona virus efforts.the set up in pairc ui caoimhe in cork is by my place. Looks really well done and efficient.serious backlog of cars but at least people are safely segregated in their cars.

8. Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

A bit of levity would have been nice!

9. Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭Field east

March the 6th and Leo was saying there was no need to cancel large gatherings...all around him smaller towns were cancelling parades and there was a public clamour to cancel Dublin.

March 9th with just 3 more cases confirmed...Leo finally cancels parade.

Speaks for itself really. Same as now...the country en masse wants a lockdown..is willing to lock down...but the government dither again.

Seems to be a major problem emerging with testing too. The PR charade is beginning to unravel.
            You , apparently, have not factored in the psychology element in the handling of such issues. Your mask has somewhat slipped

10. Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Field east wrote: »
            You , apparently, have not factored in the psychology element in the handling of such issues. Your mask has somewhat slipped

What now?

11. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

What the fcuck are you talking about. I simply asked a question. Saying someone or something is infected at this time is as about as low as they come. You really come across as a pr1ck.

You didn’t ask anything. You also didn’t answer anything you were asked.

Now you seem to be unable to read never mind comprehend what’s being said to you. Boards is infected. Previously with idiots. Now with bots it seems.

12. Advertisement
          13. Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭joeguevara

You didn’t ask anything. You also didn’t answer anything you were asked.

Now you seem to be unable to read never mind comprehend what’s being said to you. Boards is infected. Previously with idiots. Now with bots it seems.

Trust me I’m not a bot.

I asked a question of you. You didn’t answer. Only replied asking me did I understand what inverted commas meant. You didn’t answer what a tweet by Claire Kelly had to do with the tories. You didn’t answer sweet fcuck all to tell you the truth. Are you a bot or just an annoying pr1ck?

This discussion has been closed.
          Advertisement