Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any sign of a subscription offer similar to GoMo's €10?

Options
  • 12-02-2020 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I am already on the Vodafone €20 top up plan, where you get ~15GB of mobile data and unlimited calls and texts, but I would have taken GoMo's €10 plan had I not missed the promotion period it was running.

Is there any sign of another provider offering something similar?

With my Vodafone plan, I receive 15GB of data and unlimited texts to any network when I topup by €20, and then in exchange for €15 of that credit when I text TALK to 50233, I receive unlimited calls to any network. I had thought I could use the remaining €5 for Spotify through Vodafone, so that it would then be almost like I am just paying €15, but a rep just told me Spotify costs €8.99.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,329 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Gomo is now €12.99...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Esel wrote: »
    Gomo is now €12.99...

I am aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

GoMo's offering is the cheapest out there. I know VM offer a deal for €0 for 4 months. Then it is €25 thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Multiple people last year said that Three were going to launch a competitive offering. That never happened. Either Three got cold feet or they are still planning something.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

I am already on the Vodafone €20 top up plan, where you get ~15GB of mobile data and unlimited calls and texts, but I would have taken GoMo's €10 plan had I not missed the promotion period it was running.

Is there any sign of another provider offering something similar?

With my Vodafone plan, I receive 15GB of data and unlimited texts to any network when I topup by €20, and then in exchange for €15 of that credit when I text TALK to 50233, I receive unlimited calls to any network. I had thought I could use the remaining €5 for Spotify through Vodafone, so that it would then be almost like I am just paying €15, but a rep just told me Spotify costs €8.99.

Eir do a mobile SIM-only for €9.99pm if you take mobile in a bundle with their Broadband service. You can also add TV. It's not "for life" like their GoMo offer - but I had no difficulty getting them to renew the deal when the 12 months initial offer was up last year, and they advised me to call back again to do the same this year.

To be honest, €12.99 is still a cracker of a deal for GoMo "for life" standalone mobile service. New sign-ups are time-limited just as they were with the €9.99 offer, so it probably makes sense to take the offer while it is still available, rather than regret it when it goes up next time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement