Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the Catch Here?

Options
  • 12-02-2020 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/38-berryfield-road-finglas-dublin-11/4413130

185k within cycling distance of O Connelly's st. for an immaculate looking 3 bed? Would you even build it for that inside the M50?

I'm seeing a lot of this type of thing in Finglas tbh, it's looking more and more attractive to me. I could have that right now with a loan nevermind a mortgage, add a couple of lodgers, cut out the rent I currently pay and I'm rich for life basically. Ive been looking in the Shankill/Sandyford area for the last couple of years but everything there is out of reach even with my 120k deposit. It feels like I see something amazing in Finglas every time I fire up MyHome.

Am I mad to be looking around these areas? (IKEA in particular, I see a lot around there) Would I be setting myself up for a lifetime of antisocial misery? When you Google the areas the stories are positive, often with REITs buying up whole developments, they've done their research...

So what's the catch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭bluelamp

A quick google news search of the road will give you a fair idea of the type of neighbours you will have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

There is an old story. Which is the odd one out of Aids, herpes, a Fiat Uno, a house in Finglas?
    Answer
    A house in Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Jaysus man....location location location. It's always about location.

That's the type of place you expect to pop up on the news cordoned off with Garda tape with forensics on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tommythecat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

To be fair the owner has kept the house gorgeous.

But yeah you would need to do plenty of research on the area, drive out at night especially weekends!

Finglas is a big area, not every estate ends up in the news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

To be fair the owner has kept the house gorgeous.

But yeah you would need to do plenty of research on the area, drive out at night especially weekends!

Finglas is a big area, not every estate ends up in the news.
    Kept well but I certainly wouldn't call it gorgeous. Tastes differ but that is not quality.

Either way this part if Finglas is not the nice part and the lodgers or tenants that would live there are probably not the type most would want to live with.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

185k is pushing it obviously but what about up around IKEA or does anyone know the area and have a list of places I should be looking at out there? Is the whole place a pit?

Advertisement