Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident with work car

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Is this actually for real?!

Kudos on giving After Hours Work problems a laugh.

BTW, how are you going to explain to your manager you skive off to look at views during regular work hours.

And, Anger Management for the teenage girl (apologies to teenage girls for the comparison) outburst. :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 24 nenemcgurt

Is this actually for real?!

Yes.

I was frustrated at the whole thing. I had to meet someone that evening about something very important and missed the appointment because of it. He also as I said posted a note which said that one exit was open when it was in fact locked, he lied to me as well.

He just displayed a lack of courtesy throughout the whole thing.

I banged the car bumper off the tree because it was pitch black and foggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

nenemcgurt wrote: »
    Yes.

I was frustrated at the whole thing. I had to meet someone that evening about something very important and missed the appointment because of it. He also as I said posted a note which said that one exit was open when it was in fact locked, he lied to me as well.

He just displayed a lack of courtesy throughout the whole thing.

what if there was a person behind you not the tree? you sound pretty reckless tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

You should hand back the car keys to your manager and ask for a leap card ... you are obviously unstable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,999 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I actually laughed out loud at the bit about scratching the inside of the car.

What are you, a 2 year old?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭VanHalen

You banged the car bumper off the tree because you drove carelessly in the darkness and fog.

what if there was a person behind you not the tree? you sound pretty reckless tbh.
    There was nobody else around.

Bottom line, if it wasn’t for the warden’s inconsideration and the fact he lied about an exit being open I wouldn’t have been in a position to damage the car. He drove me to lose it as I had an important appointment that I had waited for over a onto to arrange and I missed it because of him.

I only intended to go for an hours walk around Slieve Gullion not spend the day there. He could’ve just waited 20 minutes but no.

He was partially responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

this has to be a joke.

Seve OB wrote: »
    I actually laughed out loud at the bit about scratching the inside of the car.

What are you, a 2 year old?

No, I was frustrated at the whole thing, everyone has a point where they let their temper get the better of them.

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote: »
    this has got to be a joke.

It isn’t, it may sound as such but I am just that type of person, I have a short temper and fundamentally it wasn’t my fault, it was the warden’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Hi OP, I blame your parents and to a lesser extent wider society

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Anaiyela

Bottom line, if it wasn’t for the warden’s inconsideration and the fact he lied about an exit being open I wouldn’t have been in a position to damage the car. He drove me to lose it as I had an important appointment that I had waited for over a onto to arrange and I missed it because of him.

I only intended to go for an hours walk around Slieve Gullion not spend the day there. He could’ve just waited 20 minutes but no.

No he wasn't. You caused this situation. Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,579 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No, I was frustrated at the whole thing, everyone has a point where they let their temper get the better of them.

No, they really don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

How do you know, you probably didn't even look? - trees don't move and you managed to drive into one like...

Even if this was real - How would the warden have any idea how long you are going to be? How would you be his responsibility?

Noone else is responsible for your actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

It isn’t, it may sound as such but I am just that type of person, I have a short temper and fundamentally it wasn’t my fault, it was the warden’s.

? Just ?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

I'm really surprised nobody has blamed Sinn Féin yet....

, I have a short temper and fundamentally it wasn’t my fault,

This latter belief possibly the cause of the former.

By za vay, ver you overly praised as a small kinder for ze most minor of accomplishments, hmm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I was involved in an incident in my work car and I am sceptical as to who is at fault.

I was driving my work car, a 201 Insignia, to Belfast to collect something and on the way back to kill time I decided to pull into Slieve Gullion. I parked the car in the car park and went for a walk around. It was 4:30 when I arrived and the gates closed at 5. However I didn’t notice the sign about this when I came in.

I came back to the car at about 5:20 and to my anger I saw the gates were closed. I went to the car and saw a note under the wiper which had been left by the park warden. It said ‘Gates closed, exit on Forest Drive’. So I drove down Forest Drive only to find the gates were shut there as well. I roared “How the **** do you get out of this place” and reversed to car up the back up the hill. I reversed too fast on a bend end the rear of the car ended up hitting a tree, at which point after shouting a few profanities I got out to check the damage. The rear bumper was badly dented and bearing in mind this was a brand new 201 car I was concerned about the reaction of my manager.

I managed to get back up the hill and back to the car park. I saw a sign saying Mullaghbawn and decided that would be the best way to go. I drove up the path where I was walking earlier and had to go about 2km/h the whole way. When I managed to get to the very top there were some great views of Newry but the road became very dark and with the fog my lights weren’t much help. After driving for about five minutes I reached the exit stretch. However when I got to the exit itself to my horror it was also shut. After this I basically lost it in the car and some of the interiors were scratched as a result. I tried to dial the PSNI but there was no signal so after I managed to calm myself down I got out and walked to the Spar in Mullaghbawn were the the PSNI were called for me. I had to wait for almost an hour until the park warden came back to open the gates.

After I was free I drove back to Dublin and observed that there was some bad damage to the rear bumper and also the side of the car as I had scratched it on a hedge fence coming down the road in Slieve Gullion.

Basically I want to know who is at fault here. The warden should NOT have left his office until all the cars had gone, I hold him responsible as he should’ve stayed to let me out. I will tell my manager that this is his fault as I believe it is.

Can the warden be held partly responsible for this?

Are you for real? The only person responsible for the damage to the car is you due to your negligent driving. Of course this is most likely a very poor trolling attempt. Remember when trolls used to be good?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Its always somebody elses fault. and we wonder why the courts are like atm's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Bottom line. You messed up. Nobody else. Build a bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,370 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Complete wind up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I'm really surprised nobody has blamed Sinn Féin yet....

The IRA planted the tree

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Did anyone else read the OP and hear it in Billy Connolly's voice ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

8/10

Good effort, made me chuckle

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The warden didn't lie. The other exit was open at the time that he wrote the note.

This is typically how they operate. They go around to each car park in turn closing the gates and leaving a note on any cars to use a specific gate. Then when he gets back to the "exit" gate, he waits around for a while and then leaves if nobody turns up.

They usually expect that someone will get back to their car 5 or 10 minutes after the gate closes. So if the exit is open till 5:15, that's plenty of time for them to get out.

You didn't turn up till 5:20, he was already gone.

This isn’t a wind up. I have outlined my reasons why I think the warden was responsible:

1. He didn’t stay out of courtesy to let me out and the very least he could’ve done is drove around the park looking for me to tell me he was locking up and give me a lift back. He didn’t.
    2. He left a note on my wiper telling me that there was an exit down a laneway. This laneway gate was shut as well leading to me reversing back up a hill and damaging the car.
    3. He lived in Newry but took an hour to get to Slieve Gullion.

Incompetence, inconsideration and lack of courtesy.

I am the one who suffered, getting back late and missing a very important appointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

This isn’t a wind up. I have outlined my reasons why I think the warden was responsible:

1. He didn’t stay out of courtesy to let me out and the very least he could’ve done is drove around the park looking for me to tell me he was locking up and give me a lift back. He didn’t.
    2. He left a note on my wiper telling me that there was an exit down a laneway. This laneway gate was shut as well leading to me reversing back up a hill and damaging the car.

I am the one who suffered, getting back late and missing a very important appointment.

Hahahaha You crashed the car you are at fault

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

The only one that's incompetent here is you with your attempt at trolling.

On the 0.000000000000000000000000001% chance that you are actually for real, the only one to blame here is YOU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That's exactly the traits you displayed, I'm glad you can see it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement