Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident with work car

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

nenemcgurt wrote: »
    I have sent a complaint to Newry, Mourne and Down District Council over this but I’m waiting two days for a response. Just shows you.

It would be some craic if they sent you an invoice for overtime for the park ranger and a call out fee - along with costs for the tree surgeon to have a look at the poor innocent tree

The PSNI were also incompetent, I told them about my meeting but they said I had to wait there until the warden arrived and they left.

Was the meeting a matter of life or death .. if not why would they care !!

Do you shake your fists at clouds from Time to time ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Poor you, sur they should have driven you to Dublin!!

Should've driven him to St Lomans haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

How do people come up with this stuff?

• Site Banned Posts: 24 nenemcgurt

I know everyone believes I’m a wind up but that’s because of my personality.

I had the meeting that evening arranged a month in advance and have to rearrange for next month because someone wouldn’t drive 15 minutes from Newry to Mullaghbawn to open the gates.

I am very angry at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

I had the meeting that evening arranged a month in advance and have to rearrange for next month because someone wouldn’t drive 15 minutes from Newry to Mullaghbawn to open the gates.

I am very angry at that.

If the meeting was so important you wouldn't have crashed your car into a tree tbh

• Advertisement

I am very angry at that.

He did drive the 15 minutes - just not at the drop of a hat. You sound so entitled it’s beyond words.

Did you even thank him for using up his own time and fuel outside of work hours to help you out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I am very angry at that.
    Are you Alan from The Hangover?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭Be right back

I am very angry at that.

Next time, leave a note on the windscreen saying just that. I'm sure the warden will oblige you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

When did this happen ?
    Slieve Gullion was closed from 12.00 on Saturday until yesterday because of Storm Ciara .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Pics of the car or youre full of shyte.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Happened to me in a park near me a few years ago, Dublin county council run the park. It has different opening hours as the evenings get brighter it stays open later and I was in it walking the dog one evening and misjudged and got locked in, think it was early summer, maybe April or May. There is a sign saying opening and closing times which I hadnt looked at.

Guess what I did?

I looked at the sign, said oh bollox, deduced it was my own fault for not checking opening hours and I walked home which was about an hours walk after walking dog for an hour already

Checked the morning opening hours and got a lift back there the following morning to collect my car, left the warden in peace after his work day

I did not:

Start a fantasy thread which may or may not be a wind up. Although if your fantasy involves driving an Opel Insignia you need to get some new fantasies.

Display narcissism thinking that my time was more precious than anyone elses

Try to blame anyone for my own mistake

Waste police time

Damage my car by reversing into anything, or indeed driving forwards or sideways into anything either. Possibly because its my property which I paid for and respect

Throw a tantrum in the car and damage interior, this would have only served to upset me and my dog

Hope youre OK Hun xoxo

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I am very angry at that.

I'm crying....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,336 ✭✭✭blackbox

There was nobody else around.

Bottom line, if it wasn’t for the warden’s inconsideration and the fact he lied about an exit being open I wouldn’t have been in a position to damage the car. He drove me to lose it as I had an important appointment that I had waited for over a onto to arrange and I missed it because of him.

I only intended to go for an hours walk around Slieve Gullion not spend the day there. He could’ve just waited 20 minutes but no.

He was partially responsible.

The second gate might have been open when he left the note.

I think you should blame the tree that jumped out behind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I am very angry at that.

I can't feel any sympathy here, there was a sign stating the place closes at 5, after that its tough luck. You can't expect a warden to sit there overnight because someone left their car there and hope for someone to return. People often park overnight.

The same goes for any carpark you park in, closing times are advertised and after that its pot luck.

Your lucky he even came back that night.

As for blaming the warden for you crashing into a tree, thats completely unrealistic.

Claim off the tree for whiplash it's the only way..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

What happened when the warden came back to meet you? What was that exchange like? What did he say to you and what did you say to him?

I did get caught out once year ago in Tralee when I parked overnight on a Saturday - not realising that it was closed on a Sunday.

Called a number an a sound fella arrived about 3 hours later to open it up and let the car out - cost about €150 ... I had nothing else to do so I drank a few pints and had to ask him to drive the car out of the car park and leave it on the street for me !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Pics of the car or youre full of shyte.

Yes, I second this. Pics of a 201 insignia with damage that you describe clearly visible in same picture as reg plate.

Or else its all bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

blackbox wrote: »
    The second gate might have been open when he left the note.

I think you should blame the tree that jumped out behind you.

The number of trees that jump out in front of people is well know from some of the insurance claims I've read, but this new development of trees jumping out behind people is quite worrying. Another thing for the new Government to sort no doubt..

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭buzzing147

I am very angry at that.

It's an insignia, you're boss won't mind, most insignia owners lose the plot with reliability problems anyway. Maybe next time leave it there and get a taxi to nearest pub or anger management class

• Advertisement

Hope youre OK Hun xoxo

wanna talk about it? inbox me pet

Yes, I second this. Pics of a 201 insignia with damage that you describe clearly visible in same picture as reg plate.

Or else its all bollox.

I second that.

If you are geniune, we want to see picture of the car and the damage and just enough of the number plate to see it's a 201

What happened when the warden came back to meet you? What was that exchange like? What did he say to you and what did you say to him?

He said sorry about that but it says on the entrance that the car park closed at 5. I said don’t I ****ing know it and basically told him to open the gate so I could get out. He opened it and he tried to say something to me but I just drove into Mullaghbawn and went into a pub to get directions back to the M1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

He said sorry about that but it says on the entrance that the car park closed at 5. I said don’t I ****ing know it and basically told him to open the gate so I could get out. He opened it and he tried to say something to me but I just drove into Mullaghbawn and went into a pub to get directions back to the M1.

I always wondered why they felt the need to put instructions on shampoo bottles. Now I know.

Come on, pics.

Never was the term "pics or GTFO" more appropriate than here.

jaxxx wrote: »
    I always wondered why they felt the need to put instructions on shampoo bottles. Now I know.

The person that said to put on them for best results use twice made millions.....

Think twice would be a good option for op before he types or speaks...

Caution hot contents on tea and coffee cups too.

Come on, pics.

Never was the term "pics or GTFO" more appropriate than here.

I don’t have pictures as the car is at work.

Essentially I believe that he should’ve driven around and told me he was locking up. He could’ve left one gate open for me.

But he didn’t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

..they said no they would have to contact the warden who lived in Newry. 15 minutes drive away and he took an hour to get there!

I was angry at the whole thing because I have a life. I have a family, I have things to do, people to meet, and I was stuck in a forest park for 90 minutes.

I had to meet someone in Dublin on Monday evening and I missed it. That is one of many reasons for my anger.

The warden also has a life, a family and was probably busy engaging with those things after their workday was finished, when they had to interrupt that to return to work to release you.

I hope you have to pay a substantial release fee, on top of the repair bills for the work vehicle.

• Advertisement

I don’t have pictures as the car is at work.

You should go now so.... You might be back before I go to bed, I won't be able to sleep with such excitement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement