Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident with work car

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,579 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

nenemcgurt wrote: »
    Essentially I believe that he should’ve driven around and told me he was locking up. He could’ve left one gate open for me.

But he didn’t.

Ah would ya ever feck off, you're either a very sad troll or have the intellect of a 5 year old, which one is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Blackjack

I don’t have pictures as the car is at work.

Seriously who did you vote for on Saturday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Essentially I believe that he should’ve driven around and told me he was locking up. He could’ve left one gate open for me.

But he didn’t.

His job is to lock up the park not keep it open especially for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Someone please tell me this is a wind up seriously please, if not no you have literally zero actionable torts, per se or otherwise.

• Site Banned Posts: 24 nenemcgurt

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Someone please tell me this is a wind up seriously please, if not no you have literally zero actionable torts, per se or otherwise.

It isn’t, it’s just the fact I’m angry I’m overemphasising things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,579 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It isn’t, it’s just the fact I’m STUPID I’m overemphasising things.

Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,132 ✭✭✭CoBo55

This should be good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

CoBo55 wrote: »
    This should be good!!

Well it's gone a lot further then I expected

• Registered Users Posts: 24,395 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I was involved in an incident in my work car and I am sceptical as to who is at fault.

I was driving my work car, a 201 Insignia, to Belfast to collect something and on the way back to kill time I decided to pull into Slieve Gullion. I parked the car in the car park and went for a walk around. It was 4:30 when I arrived and the gates closed at 5. However I didn’t notice the sign about this when I came in.

I came back to the car at about 5:20 and to my anger I saw the gates were closed. I went to the car and saw a note under the wiper which had been left by the park warden. It said ‘Gates closed, exit on Forest Drive’. So I drove down Forest Drive only to find the gates were shut there as well. I roared “How the **** do you get out of this place” and reversed to car up the back up the hill. I reversed too fast on a bend end the rear of the car ended up hitting a tree, at which point after shouting a few profanities I got out to check the damage. The rear bumper was badly dented and bearing in mind this was a brand new 201 car I was concerned about the reaction of my manager.

I managed to get back up the hill and back to the car park. I saw a sign saying Mullaghbawn and decided that would be the best way to go. I drove up the path where I was walking earlier and had to go about 2km/h the whole way. When I managed to get to the very top there were some great views of Newry but the road became very dark and with the fog my lights weren’t much help. After driving for about five minutes I reached the exit stretch. However when I got to the exit itself to my horror it was also shut. After this I basically lost it in the car and some of the interiors were scratched as a result. I tried to dial the PSNI but there was no signal so after I managed to calm myself down I got out and walked to the Spar in Mullaghbawn were the the PSNI were called for me. I had to wait for almost an hour until the park warden came back to open the gates.

After I was free I drove back to Dublin and observed that there was some bad damage to the rear bumper and also the side of the car as I had scratched it on a hedge fence coming down the road in Slieve Gullion.

Basically I want to know who is at fault here. The warden should NOT have left his office until all the cars had gone, I hold him responsible as he should’ve stayed to let me out. I will tell my manager that this is his fault as I believe it is.

Can the warden be held partly responsible for this?

lol

I mean actual lol

I've read some self excusatory sh!te in my time but that is well up there

lawred2 wrote: »
    lol

I mean actual lol

I've read some self excusatory sh!te in my time but that is well up there

Takes someone very special....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

I am just that type of person, I have a short temper and fundamentally it wasn’t my fault, it was the warden’s.

Said every wife batterer since the beginning of time

Gofund me page to be set up for op.... Not for the damage but for funds to get help....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

It isn’t, it’s just the fact I’m angry I’m overemphasising things.

How would you describe your baseline anger level? Say, you wake up in the morning after a good nights sleep. No major stresses, all going well in your life?

Around 8/9 out of 10? Something like that? :D

endacl wrote: »
    How would you describe your baseline anger level? Say, you wake up in the morning after a good nights sleep. No major stresses, all going well in your life?

Around 8/9 out of 10? Something like that? :D

Mirrorless home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

You're right. It wasn't your fault. I'd blame your boss for giving you a car in the first place.

I found a pic.

ANGRY-DRIVER.jpg

You're right. It wasn't your fault. I'd blame your boss for giving you a car in the first place.

Wasn’t the boss’s fault. Bleedin’ Nikolaus Otto’s fault. What was he thinking, patenting the internal combustion engine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This is brilliant, just what I needed on Wednesday evening after actual work.

Unlike the OP, who appears to be 5 :D

Necro wrote: »
    This is brilliant, just what I needed on Wednesday evening after actual work.

Unlike the OP, who appears to be 5 :D

This is true.

I don’t see how me reversing in thick fog and in the pitch dark and hitting a tree is negligent. I didn’t see it.

Everyone has a breaking point and I just lost it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Hmm, not sure what way you came out but you would have come out near the three steps pub at the end of the forest drive in slieve gullion.
    Mullaghbawn is a good stretch away from that. You sure you drove the forest road?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Can we send out an All Points Bulletin to dash cam holders nationwide to be on the lookout for a 201 Insignia with a heavily damaged rear bumper??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

This is true.

I don’t see how me reversing in thick fog and in the pitch dark and hitting a tree is negligent. I didn’t see it.

Everyone has a breaking point and I just lost it.

Driving without due care and attention ?

You broke the car.

seannash wrote: »
    Hmm, not sure what way you came out but you would have come out near the three steps pub at the end of the forest drive in slieve gullion.
    Mullaghbawn is a good stretch away from that. You sure you drove the forest road?

I came out at Mullaghbawn. I went into the Spar to call the PSNI and the pub, Hansons I believe to ask directions. I hadn’t a ****ing clue what route I took.

GBX wrote: »
    Driving without due care and attention ?

You broke the car.

I was looking behind me but didn’t see the tree until I crashed into it. I was going at about 5km/h reversing up the hill.

This is true.

Everyone has a breaking braking point and I just lost overshot it.
    Better. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

I was looking behind me but didn’t see the tree until I crashed into it..

I'm not a solicitor but I think you have am excellent case against the tree

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I was looking behind me but didn’t see the tree until I crashed into it. I was going at about 5km/h reversing up the hill.

Would a 201 Insignia not have reversing sensors as standard these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I came out at Mullaghbawn. I went into the Spar to call the PSNI and the pub, Hansons I believe to ask directions. I hadn’t a ****ing clue what route I took.

That corner is the end of the forest road at the three steps pub (well actually a bit back from that) and its normally open til very late at night.

No idea how you got to mullaghbawn to be honest

seannash wrote: »
    That corner is the end of the forest road at the three steps pub (well actually a bit back from that) and its normally open til very late at night.

No idea how you got to mullaghbawn to be honest

I did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

hitting a tree is negligent. I didn’t see it.

Fixed that for ya, please look up the legal definition of negligence.
    You were negligent in your driving as you didn't take extra care and consideration given the conditions.
    Also if you were going down the route of wardens fault you were locked in. Potential case of false imprisonment theres at least 3 defences to that which are immediately clear. Also a potential counter suit there too. You hitting a tree while you say is because you were locked in is a novus actus interveniens - a break in causation. Because YOU HIT THE TREE WHILE YOU WERE DRIVING

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement