Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident with work car

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

nenemcgurt wrote: »
    This is true.

I don’t see how me reversing in thick fog and in the pitch dark and hitting a tree is negligent. I didn’t see it.

Everyone has a breaking point and I just lost it.

I take it u still live with ur mommy OP.get a fecking grip on reality ffs oh and thanks for giving all of us a great laugh.

• Site Banned Posts: 24 nenemcgurt

seannash wrote: »
    That corner is the end of the forest road at the three steps pub (well actually a bit back from that) and its normally open til very late at night.

No idea how you got to mullaghbawn to be honest

How could I have gotten to Mullaghbawn?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

You're some dose OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

I was looking behind me but didn’t see the tree until I crashed into it. I was going at about 5km/h reversing up the hill.

That is where the insurance will find you at fault. Looking behind, should have been using mirrors to reverse.

Sorry for your troubles op but I’ve a headache after reading your original post. Will you accept the blame and expenses in regards to this because Your story gave it to me, will you accept the charges? Thanks.

• Site Banned Posts: 24 nenemcgurt

He should’ve driven and looked for me to tell me he was locking up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Dr. Steve Brule

You cannot be for real.

This must be an early contender for thread of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭Be right back

And maybe you should have checked the sign for the closing time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,999 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

He took an hour to drive from Newry to Slieve Gullion. What does that tell you?

Well to quote yourself it tells me that he

..... I have a life. I have a family, I have things to do, people to meet......

After this I basically lost it in the car and some of the interiors were scratched as a result.

What are you? A Cat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,570 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Boards has a new Champion.

The op tops the poster who posted a few years ago about making a claim against an electric kettle manufacturer after burning her hand when passing it over the spout, and the poster who wanted to know if it was An Post’s fault when his dog ate an important letter which was put through his letter box.

Op, I tip my hat to you. Bravo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Would your employer not be wondering what the fuk your were doing going astray for walks and arsing around when you were supposed to be working ? He is clearly a lot more understanding that I would be

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Dav010 wrote: »

The op tops the poster who posted a few years ago about making a claim against an electric kettle manufacturer after burning her hand when passing it over the spout, and the poster who wanted to know if it was An Post’s fault when his dog ate an important letter which was put through his letter box.

The An Post one was a cracker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

You should say you got rear ended by Romanians in a dodgy 05 car.
    Sorted.

Unless of course your boss is reading this and then you're fcuked.!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

The boss is going to promote the OP to Branch Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Dr. Steve Brule

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭Be right back

It BeeMee wrote: »

Or maybe he should become a park warden. He would be very understanding if cars are left there after closing time and would also drop everything to make sure they can get out of the car park!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Dav010 wrote: »

Any chance you can link us to these please? I need another laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

It BeeMee wrote: »

Only after a root and branch review!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,457 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

So this happened a few days ago and you haven’t told your boss.

Pity this story is made up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭megafan

I have sent a complaint to Newry, Mourne and Down District Council over this but I’m waiting two days for a response. Just shows you.

The PSNI were also incompetent, I told them about my meeting but they said I had to wait there until the warden arrived and they left.

It'll take them a long time to get off the floor I'm sure they are still rolling around laughing.... :D:D:D:pac::rolleyes: Lucky you didn't have to pay a fine or call-out charge... in fact you should have tipped the warden for wasting his time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Was the tree moving when you hit it? They're known to uproot and sneak around after the gates close. You might have a case OP.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It isn’t, it may sound as such but I am just that type of person, I have a short temper and fundamentally it wasn’t my fault, it was the warden’s.

I got to page 2 (40 posts per page) and skipped ahead.

You have some sense of entitlement OP...

- YOU decided to go for a walk
    - YOU missed the signs telling you when the place closed
    - YOU reversed into a tree
    - YOU damaged the interior.
    - YOU have serious anger issues. The fact you're allowed behind the wheel of a car (company owned or not) is shocking

How are any of these things the fault of the warden who then had to disrupt his evening to let you out because of your ridiculous carry on. You're lucky he didn't leave you there for the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

Had to check there to see if it was the 1st of april if this is for real op you would want to check what planet your living on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

You should tell your boss that you were attacked in the forest by a bear who scratched the interior and you crashed the car into the tree as you were attempting to flee for your life.

It's a more believable story tbf!

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Any chance you can link us to these please? I need another laugh

Type " Burnt my hand on a kettle." into search bar, I'm not sure how to link to threads. Its a beauty.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87991086

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Basically I want to know who is at fault here. The warden should NOT have left his office until all the cars had gone, I hold him responsible as he should’ve stayed to let me out. I will tell my manager that this is his fault as I believe it is.

Right, so in a nut shell you are going to tell your manager that you are not a responsible adult, should not be let out on your own and definitely should not be put in charge of company property....

You need a better excuse or a new job...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

OP sounds a bit simple.

Jim2007 wrote: »

You need a better excuse or...

Accidentally parked in a dogging hotspot and things got out of hand?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

OP sounds a bit simple.

Probably thinks his manager is not allowed to read these forums.... tomorrow's thread :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement